Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

08-14-2019, 05:47 AMWasty Wrote:
08-14-2019, 05:11 AMRaven Wrote: Hah that's still dope though. The old cards have such a charm about them.

Agreed like I know for sure I have a Wurm/Treefolk deck which is rarely heard of anymore. I have a whole deck based around “Nature” with Tree folk, Squirrels and Saprolings, love that deck. I haven’t played in awhile

Nice, I saw a treefolk commander deck come by a while ago and I've been itching to build it.

Also nature inspired decks sounds like a dope theme.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

08-14-2019, 09:29 AMTomasnz Wrote:
08-14-2019, 08:40 AMZoone16 Wrote: If you were within driving distance I'd go.

You tease!

If anyone is in driving distance of London UK hit me up with a DM happy to host a cube night in a pub.

Man I'm in the Netherlands. Think flying over for a cheeky cube would be a bit much haha

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 11:05 AM by Wasty.)

08-14-2019, 09:49 AMRaven Wrote:
08-14-2019, 05:47 AMWasty Wrote: Agreed like I know for sure I have a Wurm/Treefolk deck which is rarely heard of anymore. I have a whole deck based around “Nature” with Tree folk, Squirrels and Saprolings, love that deck. I haven’t played in awhile

Nice, I saw a treefolk commander deck come by a while ago and I've been itching to build it.

Also nature inspired decks sounds like a dope theme.
I played a lot in Pure Green decks but I believe I also have a blue beast deck and a red/white angel/dragon deck too. I think I have 4-5 left.

Nature deck was amazing to play with in large/long table games based on how I built it, I would be virtually untouchable by hand 4 and other players would built armies of Saprolings that got stronger every time another one entered the play. But for short quick games, the deck wasn’t as great.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

My next project: https://manastack.com/deck/rhys-tokens-12

Commaner is Rhys the Redeemed.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I played M:TG a lot in school, and recently picked it up again with a few friends playing Commander.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

What's the best way to get into the game? I have a small collection from the Ixalan and Amonkhet sets when I tried getting into the game initially, but I know that it's not in the current rotation for standard.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

01-10-2020, 03:35 PMMCP_ Wrote: What's the best way to get into the game? I have a small collection from the Ixalan and Amonkhet sets when I tried getting into the game initially, but I know that it's not in the current rotation for standard.

Magic Arena (online version) is a good way to learn the game.
Otherwise look for a local game store. The new set comes out in 2 weeks. Which means that Jan 17-19 is the pre-release events. It's a good place to start.

01-10-2020, 03:49 PMZoone16 Wrote:
01-10-2020, 03:35 PMMCP_ Wrote: What's the best way to get into the game? I have a small collection from the Ixalan and Amonkhet sets when I tried getting into the game initially, but I know that it's not in the current rotation for standard.

Magic Arena (online version) is a good way to learn the game.
Otherwise look for a local game store. The new set comes out in 2 weeks. Which means that Jan 17-19 is the pre-release events. It's a good place to start.

Sounds good. There's actually a game store not too far from my campus, and I'll be back around that time, so that's perfect lol.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2020, 12:43 PM by derekpittx.)

omg omg omg...next pack I opened a canopy vista full art foil 9apps cartoon hd

Won a game of commander last Thursday by playing Solemnity + Decree of Silence.

lmao. nice.

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

New commander deck incoming soon.

With the hype of SHL trading cards, I thought I'd see if there's any interest in a SHL-MTG Discord or something. Seems like every subcommunity has a discord nowadays.