Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

Yea right...

That's incredible. That's $160 worth of cards right there. good for you Nike, good for you.

(secretly super jealous even though i quit playing magic)

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Guess I should add some conversation while I'm here creeping on cards.

[Image: k9cvSu3.jpg]

did anyone else think that this card was the most OP? I used to roll guys in my university with these late in a game and my graveyard was always full. A lot of people got mad at me for doing that.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I recently started playing with this card

[Image: femme_fatale-scute-mob-ddp-14410607180.png]

and it seems very op, unless you get mana screwed.

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Oct 26 2015, 06:37 PM
I recently started playing with this card

[Image: femme_fatale-scute-mob-ddp-14410607180.png]

and it seems very op, unless you get mana screwed.

How is it? It seems a lot of these newer decks I'm reading about are so quick that you can't even get through 5 or 6 turns.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Oct 26 2015, 09:54 PM

How is it? It seems a lot of these newer decks I'm reading about are so quick that you can't even get through 5 or 6 turns.
well you use green to ramp bigger monsters and defend again other decks and keep that one out as no one will want to get rid of it til it's too late. or at least that's how i play it with my friends when i do.

RIP Mac & 701

HEY

So I haven't played in years. Like, YEARS. My tenure of collecting was Judgment to Kamigawa/Ravnica block.

And even then I didn't play too seriously. I was a decent deckbuilder, mainly used green/black combos (with the occasional red deck from hell that'd have 2 creatures and all player dmg).

I've been itching to come back over the last few weeks. How do I get started? What's changed? Why am I so apprehensive?

EDIT: I realize Nike asked something similar a little bit ago. But I'm seeing new kinds of cards, legendary lands are making a comeback ... ?

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 17 2015, 08:14 PM
legendary lands are making a comeback ... ?
only for the current Battle For Zendikar and the next set, Oath of the Gatewatch.

RIP Mac & 701

Would it be advisable to buy a few packs of this new set and see what's up?

All of the starting guides I see are outdated, can I trust there haven't been any big rule changes?

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 17 2015, 10:44 PM
Would it be advisable to buy a few packs of this new set and see what's up?

All of the starting guides I see are outdated, can I trust there haven't been any big rule changes?

Get a deckbuilders toolkit, it will have four of the most recent packs, a box, lands and astorage for $25. Gives you a great idea where the game is currently.

Fuck Ulamog.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Also, I finished that Sliver EDH deck and it's as nasty as you'd expect. Also, Nike, I also did not know you also played.

Quote:Originally posted by :C.A.S.H.:@Nov 17 2015, 08:17 PM

Get a deckbuilders toolkit, it will have four of the most recent packs, a box, lands and astorage for $25. Gives you a great idea where the game is currently.

Fuck Ulamog.

Sounds good. Apparently there's a FNM registered store 0.88 miles from me. :D

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 17 2015, 11:21 PM

Sounds good. Apparently there's a FNM registered store 0.88 miles from me. :D

Really, only 1.4km away?

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYuF3T7s7XY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYuF3T7s7XY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 17 2015, 08:44 PM

Recently theirs been a new mulligan rule, if you mulligan, you can scry 1 card. Besides that I don't know any big rule changes.

RIP Mac & 701

So what you just call Mulligan and Scry 1? Lol I wonder what prompted that