Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?
/r/sabres subreddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Fairly. Once you get the hang of what you're looking at it becomes convenient.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Nope. All of the guides were very informative.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, the written tutorial was immensely helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Earn more uncapped TPE!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
A brief explanation of how this league works (TPE, draft, teams, simulator used)

1) How did you find us?
Through a post on r/sabres on reddit!

Yes, it was pretty easy for me to find anything that I was looking for.

No, I used the create a player tool which really helped me out with the TPE system and assigning the correct amount of points for my player.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial to help create my player. It was very helpful and made creating my player straightforward.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I think a Prospect Tournament would be cool. Also it would be fun if there was something like the combine where prospects get interviewed by teams.

I have never really posted on forums like these before, so I struggled a bit in figuring out how to link to other posts within a post, like when doing my updated attributes post for my player. Some help for forum newbies like me would be nice !

1) How did you find us?

I read the post on some hockey boards I used to lurk on a while ago, though I didn't actually follow through with joining. I ended up google searching to get the link back.

It can be a little daunting at first, to be truthful, but the message that gets sent out to new users is immensely helpful in learning the ropes of the site and finding links to useful posts so you don't have to spend too much time scouring the site for them.

A little. I did put points into things like discipline and endurance which I was told afterwards to remove points from, but other than that, it was fine; the system is easy enough.

I looked at some of the written guides and used Ragnar's email to the inbox extensively. I also used the point calculator which was exceedingly useful.

It'd be cool if we could do a prospect tournament, so long as we make up enough teams so that none of the actives wind up left out.

A lot already seems to have been done to help make things easier, from the bonus media payout to the free money for your first training. The only thing I could think of other than that -- and this might exist already, but I'm not sure -- is someplace to record how many openings there actually exist within different organizations, so you can make sure you're not creating a player that there's already too many of.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Not really, it's pretty overwhelming for someone who doesn't know how to start out.

Not really, nope.

I used the written one, it was pretty helpful. Thanks!

I'd like to try and understand the different types of points I can earn to make my player better.

Maybe make all of the starting items / threads towards the top of each page.. so new members don't have to dig through the entire forum to find an answer or something similar.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

1) How did you find us?
Good old /r/hockey

For the most part yes. Once you spend some time looking around and reading things you get the hang of it.

No. I followed the video/written tutorial which was extremely well done.

Yes.

Yeah, something to keep involvement strong and going.

Still looking through things and getting a understanding of things, so nothing to add here at the moment.

1) How did you find us?

mpc posted a link to Reddit

It took me a week to get used to navigating. Everything looks very similar and slightly plain.

I had trouble using the TPE calculator, it would say my points were fine but weren't took three trys. Other than that, not too hard at all.

I used the video tutorial, it helped immensely.

Ya, fun little scrimmage games/ tourneys would be nice!

I think the length of time from creation to draft (for me at least) was too lengthy with not much to do, it made me lose interest and almost quit completely. Once the draft came though, I got right into it and thank god I stuck with it! :D

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

1) How did you find us? Reddit!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Hell no.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? A little bit at the start because it was kind of slow moving.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't implemented tbh. Very complicated unless I watched the Video tutorial.

I'm not entirely sure, a prospects tournament is a thought. There was definitely an awkward space between the draft and my creation.

Honestly I couldn't really help you out with this one, I feel like the site has grown exponentially since I started and there are a lot more willing and helpful people that have come out or started.

1) How did you find us?

Post on Reddit /r/hockey

Not really that easy, I tend to just click around a lot until I find what I'm looking for.

Nope.

I used the video tutorial, it helped immensely.

A prospect tournament would definitely be nice. As others have said, maybe a mock draft.

If it were more of a visual experience I know that it would be easier for me to navigate. I tend to get lost in all the text, perhaps visual is not the best word.

1) How did you find us?
someone made a big post on reddit it and it was the top link

yes and no. just a lot to get used to

just deciding what kind of player i wanted to build i changed my mind at least 12 times

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? i used the written cause the wife was sleeping it was helpful but feel the video would have been more beneficial

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)prospect tourney like the under 18 tourney would be neat also maybe a prospect game or something not sure if thats already in place

not sure if its doable but mobile version wasn't the easiest to use but whatever not a deal breaker

1) How did you find us?

I saw a thread recently on Reddit and followed the discussion here.

Not particularly. IMO, there should be a specific section of the site that contains everything (to the fullest extent possible) that a newcomer can find the required information to set up their player.

I followed the tutorial video, and although it was pretty straightforward, navigating the site initially was a little bit of a pain.

Yes, and it was absolutely necessary, or I wouldn't have known how to set everything up Smile

Anything that can get me more engaged with the community to kill the time until draft day.

As above, I would suggest simplifying the player creation system so that everything that is required is ideally located in one sub-forum.

1) How did you find us?
Random googling of some hockey statistic for actual NHL results. I don't even remember which stat it was.

Fairly. I didn't have too much trouble.

There wasn't any trouble with creating it, but there was a fairly long lag between me creating it, and getting approved. (The season had already started, so I mostly blame that). Then my player didn't get updated in the first week, because my update thread was added to the team page after the update cycle.

Yes, video tutorial. It was very helpful, but it didn't say that all updates should be in one post until your updater updates.

Rookie vs. Send down games

A little more guidance on stuff to be doing, e.g. look out for PGS/PbP opportunities. Other than that, it's pretty easy to get into if your LR is good.

1) How did you find us?
Reddit, saw a banner ad; got intrigued.
It's a little rough at first but once you understand the trick to it gets easier fast.
Not at all!
I used both actually! It was helpful!
Perhaps make open tryout scrimmages for each team where they invite prospects to play against current players to test their skills?
Perhaps a walkthrough of the basic steps to getting started instead of intimidating quick links that don't really describe what to do in what order? I had a hard time with the quick links but maybe it was just me.

1) How did you find us? Reddit. r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yes. It took a few minutes just to learn my way around, after that, you realize it is very well organized!

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I followed the tutorial video and second guessed myself on a few things, but other than that, no, creating my player was fairly straight forward.

Yes, and it helped tremendously! I am not sure I would have been successful had it not been for the tutorials.
A prospect tournament would be excellent. I plan to do some media!

I am not sure if a suggestion really can be made. I immediately received a message from a rookie mentor, who was there to answer any of the questions that I may have, and the community as whole is very helpful! Does not get much easier than that. A live chat help section ? I don't know!

1) How did you find us?
Saw the ad on Reddit r/hockey last week.
It was rather confusing at first but in less than a couple days I've got it down.
Nope, the tutorial helped but I messed up anyway but I fixed it right quick. Smile
Yes and Yee.
Prospect Game and Interviews sound entertaining enough. Smile Prolly gonna write media too to get more points.
Highlight more stuff? IDK I think the site was very welcoming and totally awesome.

1) How did you find us?

Search engine. I type in SIM hockey.

Yes. Ive seen some of the the other similar SIM sites and this is the easiest by far.

None. Plenty of assistance and video to guide.

Yes

Winter Classic game

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members

Provide an up to date schedule of upcoming events. Its easy for a newbie to become inactive if they join in a down time and feel like that down time is what the league is really like.