Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

TBL forums

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

No

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Yes & Yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Some exhibition match would be fun..

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Dunno, maybe I answer after I have more experience how things work here...

1) How did you find us?
Reddit /r/flyers

Not really.......Too many subforums

No, it just takes a really long time to get approved

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Written, and definitely

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Get pumped and train like a mofo

Better coordination between vets and rookies, like someone to answer all questions without clogging up forums where it does not belong

Quote:Originally posted by PieEatingManiac@May 30 2015, 08:26 PM
[b]1) How did you find us?
Reddit /r/flyers
[/b]

I posted this on r/Flyers, was it me!? :lol:

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

1) How did you find us?
I followed a sticky from Reddit.
I don't think so. But I have only been using my mobil phone
No, that went great.
I did not use it.
That is really difficult to answer when I don't know anything about the league yet. An AMA with the GMs maybe?
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.More pictures describing where to click and find stuff. Also I am having trouble understanding where to find information when draft starts and when games are simmed.

1) How did you find us?
I've know about you for a while, but I just joined NABA recently and a lot of the guys over there came from here first. Love hockey, and wanted to try this out.

Decently. There is a lot that is overwhelming about it, but I think it might just be more something to get used to than fix for newcomers.

None. The builds made it really easy.

Written. It made the creation process a breeze.

I'm not quite sure, I like the NHL 15 sim idea going on [urlhttp://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=53775&st=0&#entry1375973]here[/url].

Offer mentors to people who have never been though this type of process before. It is easy to teach yourself, but a mentor would be very good to have as well.

1) How did you find us?

User sam_bennetts_pullup_coach recommended I try it out.

It's a little overwhelming, but once you click around it makes sense.

No trouble at all. The tutorial was excellently written.

Again, the tutorial made it so easy and explained the significance behind everything as well.

A prospect tournament would be nice. Honestly, I'm still figuring out exactly what SHL is all about so I don't know what sort of options there are.

A FAQ section would be good. Especially for people like myself that have zero experience with simulation sports. I'm getting the hang of it, but I definitely feel like I could have had a bit more direction instead of just clicking around and trying to make sense of it.

1) How did you find us?

From a friend from work, Caurosel182

Pretty easy, I found everything I needed in a couple of minutes!

Nope, really simple with the tutorials!!

Yes, (As stated above) It was very helpful, I used the written.

A prospect tourney would be sick! Or a ranking leader board based on activity?

Possibly a banner with all team logos to link to all junior, and major teams

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
Reddit
[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
Yes and no very confusing for someone not into forums and such but there are so many helpful members to guide you on your way!! Thanks to (prettyburn) and (Winter is coming) for all your help!!!
[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
no i followed the video tutorial
[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
Yes i did it was helpful
[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
shootouts, skills comp, press conferences
[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
Have a board of help desk users always ready to lend a helping hand

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Yes and no, Many helpful members though tp help navigate thanks to prettyburn and Winter is coming!!
No i followed the video
Yes it was helpful
shootouts, skills comps, press conferences
24/7 help desk of experienced member willing to help rookies

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

1) How did you find us?

Somebody posted a link on steam.

It can be confusing at times but I am getting the hang of it!

No it was pretty easy, I just followed the video tutorial.

Yes I followed the video. It was pretty easy. Had issues with the points though. <_<

Prospect Tournament for sure. Can't wait for the draft!

Make it easier to add points into your character. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it tbh.

Quote:Originally posted by Guest_Balrog@Jun 4 2015, 07:33 PM
[b]1) How did you find us?

Somebody posted a link on steam.

It can be confusing at times but I am getting the hang of it!

No it was pretty easy, I just followed the video tutorial.

Yes I followed the video. It was pretty easy. Had issues with the points though.&nbsp; <_<

Prospect Tournament for sure. Can't wait for the draft!

Make it easier to add points into your character. I'm still trying to figure out how to do it tbh.[/b]

Somehow I got logged out. Angry

1) How did you find us?

I don't remember Undecided It was either through endless searching on duckduckgo for 'be a player' hockey sites, or I found mention of you on the forums at EHM:TheBlueLine. I definitely came across the site on the VHL forums, but the process of finding them was the same as finding you. Apologies for my shitty memory :D

Given the amount of information and sub-forums around, I think it's remarkably easy. Obviously with so many sub-forums it can be a little over-whelming, but everything seems well ordered.

None whatsoever. The information on-site is very useful, and the video tutorial is excellent. The only thing I'd say is that you could place a link to the Your First PT! thread in the video tutorial thread, so that viewers can follow it along with the video.

See above Wink

Honestly, I've been a member for only a few hours, so I'm mostly focused on beefing up my player's attributes. If the coming days leave me with a better answer to this question, I'll come back and edit this post. Alternatively, feel free to PM the name of a relevant moderator, and I'll get in touch with them directly.

See answer #3. Also, the international flags are a bit on the small side, and it'd be nifty if you placed a link to the IIHF rankings in the Create-A-Player section (maybe you did and I missed it). The rankings actually played a role in deciding my player's nationality. I saw Russia at the bottom and felt this needed to change. Koroviev will drag his nation from the doldrums! For Mother Russia!

1) How did you find us? my workmate ask me(Chris-McZehrl)

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Chris helped, so yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Chris helped me again, no

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? yes, was amazing

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I know I must wait, that is ok

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. sorry, I have no idea

Only S24 SMJHL draftees are eligible to do this pt and receive points from it, FYI.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

1) How did you find us?A post on steam

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?Yes only because I've used forums before

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? The written one helped

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)Get to know how the site is set up

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.Make the FAQ easier to find