Code:
Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

PBE/GOMHL

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]

The PBE is easier.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]

No.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]

Yes, Yes.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]

Other sim leagues.
[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]

Mention in the tutorial where to click to get the direct link for your post.

[Image: 1542603263658.png]

1. Searching the internet for a virtual hockey game, found the trailer on YouTube and it caught my eye.

2. It was very intimidating at first, but the more I use it the easier it gets.

3. Creating my player was very easy. In fact, it was probably the easiest part of the whole process.

4. I followed the written tutorial and although I had to reread a few times, I would be totally helpless without it.

5.  A prospect tournament would be really cool, perhaps a little spending money for extra training

6. I think having some kind of site map (For example, "here's where you can find x and y") would be super helpful. If I wanted to know where to find something, it would be on this page.

1) How did you find us?
Friend form work showed me this.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing yet, so will say no.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
If I didn't have someone walk me through it I would have been entirely lost.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No I did not.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I'm fine to wait.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Tidy up the forums properly.

1) How did you find us?

Roomate used to do this, and after talking with him about it for weeks I was convinced I would really like it

I had my roommate's help, but otherwise it would have been very confusing

That part actually made a lot of sense/was straightforward

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Used the written tutorial. Some of the terms are confusing/sound synonymous at first, but otherwise helped a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Interested in whatever! 

In the new player tutorial, colour code some site terms (update thread, claim posts, activity checks, etc) to help differentiate the terms from each other, or getting lost in the sentences. Might help those without prior knowledge learn the important terms.

[Image: N8JhTE5.png]

1) How did you find us?
Heard about this site plenty from affiliated PBE and NSFL.
It's a bit difficult I have to say. There's just a lot on the home page to digest. And the rookie guide is tough to get through in order.
The create a player tutorial is way better than other leagues so it's nice.
No I didn't.
Prospect tournament would be cool, also would love to learn more about the league and its history. 45 seasons means a lot to catch up on.
I'd recommend reforming the rookie tutorial and maybe making a splash page that can be shown "Do not show again". So rookies are less overwhelmed by the sheer content on the main page of the website.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

1) How did you find us?

Co-Worker (Jearim) told me about it.

With some help you learn easier than without.

Not really, but i had help from someone who is already on site

No, I had help from someone who is already a member

I signed as a free agent

Nothing i can think of now. maybe a series of video tutorials for updates and stuff.

[Image: 2ruHa7q.gif]

Code:
1) How did you find us?
Mate introduced me to it
Yes/no. Once you find the new player guides it is fine. But can be a little intimidating at first.
Nope. But I might have screwed it up ;-)
Yes, very good
No idea.
[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b
Umm. Have a better landing page. Rather than launching straight into the forum.

1) How did you find us?

Reddit post on 12/17/2018 to r/hockey

Starting out and creating a player is easy, starts to become more vague when updating players and withdrawing money.

Nope!

Only issue I have is that I created a player back in 2014 but never played. Rather than making a new account, I recovered this old one, however I'm learning this may make me ineligible for rookie/first gen rewards. I don't want to create a new account and new email because I still use it, however I never fully engaged prior, so I think I'm still a rookie. Maybe if there is a way to request your account be reset for people like me?

There's a video tutorial?

I'm using the written "Comprehensive Rookie Tutorial" .

Learn all the ways to get TPE in a week, meet veteran players, play a game to see how it works, browse the forums.

Maybe provide a "First week: What to do!" post that lists all the activities we can do to gain TPE for the week. Right now I'm going through other players' update posts and making sure I'm not missing anything.

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey on reddit and it seemed fune
Its a bit complicated and opening a lot of tabs is a little annoying but i got used to it quickly
non at all!
no tutorial just kinda picked what i wanted.
a prospect tournament sounds fun! i like chatting and hyping myself up also!
some kind of checklist of activities for making money early on and how to upgrade your player.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:05 PM by JoeyOCanada.)

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post

Absolutely!

None at all!

I used the written tutorial and it did help.

Would love to participate in the prospect tournament to show my skills.

Everything is very straight forward.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2018, 06:19 PM by JamesT.)

1) How did you find us?

The reddit post in r/hockey today (December.17, 2018)

In my opinion no as there are a lot of things a newcomer will have to get adjusted to at first. Good thing for the discord to help us out!

At first yes, but then i realized there was a "Create a Player" option at the top. Perhaps the "Create a Player" can be added in the comprehensive rookie

tutorial forums.

No

Prospect tournament or any sort of tournament. Like a showcase of some sort.

Have video tutorials easily accessible in the fourms, as i was not aware of video tutorials/

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

1) How did you find us?
Post on r/hockey on reddit

Yes and no, I do find some older links I believe that look outdated but otherwise I've been able to figure it out

Creating seemed straight forward, was stumbling a bit with the update thread stuff though

I used the written tutorial, I didn't notice a video tutorial (could be me looking fast while at work)

Improve my player so that I can get drafted to a great team!

I was going to suggest a video tutorial but it seems I missed it!

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

1) How did you find us?

Found through Reddit hockey subreddit.

Relatively so.  Some tutorials could use updated links to the current website rather than the old one, but generally was self-explanatory.

Took some time to understand how update threads work, but the creation of the player itself was simple.

I used written, which was helpful.  Probably would have utilized video if I had seen that option.

Ensure that I do all that I can/complete all tasks to improve my player prior to the draft.

Video tutorial would be great, although question 4 implies that it does exist.  The written tutorial could probably be more concise to help with clarity.

Backdoor Barnacle - RW - Vancouver Whalers

[Image: BBBARN.jpg]

1) How did you find us?

Reddit

Not really, sub forums are a little hard to find without specific links in the tutorials, also the tutorials are a bit hard to understand as I had to cross-reference a few posts to do the update posts correctly.

No, fairly straightforward

Written tutorial without which I would have been very lost

Need to explore the activities more to understand

Some of the folders for updates, players, etc, are pretty deep in some of the sections, I had a hard time finding them without direct links.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

1) How did you find us?
On Reddit

I've mostly been navigating via the new player tutorials, so I haven't had to rely much on the site navigation itself. Registering was pretty easy though.

No, once I saw the "Create a Player" button it was pretty smooth sailing.

When creating I just used the form, having it calculate points for you was useful.

Having some kind of prospect tournament or something similar to basically walk us through the flow of actually playing a game and seeing how that all goes would rock.

The player update flow was pretty confusing. I referenced other posts made around the same time I joined to make sure I did it right. Something that would help with it is having the updates and the base stats (with the point spending explanation) all in the same spot too, because there was a lot of back and forth when trying to allocate my points correctly