Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

Via Reddit r/hockeygoalies!

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

As far as forums go, its standard run of the mill stuff.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Nope, was pretty easy using the create a player tool

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

No it was pretty self explanatory.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Prospect tournament was done, did a ton of writing

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Maybe a  "rookie links" page. 

1) How did you find us?

Google. Was searching for the original Sim Hockey League from many years ago

Yes

No, lots has changed since I was around but the guides made it easier.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Written, helped a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Earn as many TPE as I can. I only have about 7 hours lol

Update the rookie locker room. Was pretty quiet in there when I had a look

1) How did you find us? vhl

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? kinda complexed

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? no thanks to my friend the flash

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) earning free tpe

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. more tutorials

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Fairly

A little, I got some help from some people inside the league though.

I did.

I know the Prospect Tournament happened and I was saddened to see I wasn't able to be added.

Offer color blind modes. I don't personally struggle with the issue but some may.

[Image: B0iiDO.jpg]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]

1) How did you find us?
Suggested by a friend

mh ... not really

Creating was OK but then the chaos started....

no

No idea

I have currently 12 windows open to understand what to do, perhaps thats because I am not a native speaker, but the whole "update" and "copy and past" stuff is a bid old school i guess.... Wink nothing to click .... but, I will get it !

1) How did you find us?
Just kinda stumbled upon it, was just looking for fun hockey forums

I have had no major issues, i dont really like how it works for mobile though

Nope that like special set up to create a player made it very easy to plug my stats in wish it was like that for the updates

Nope, i didn't even know there was one

I declared day of the draft so i did not have a long wait. Would have been nice to see how my guys build played out prior to see if im doing it right.

Update thread system seems out of date, and a hassle compared to creating a player which has a very easy template to use.

1) How did you find us? r/collegehockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? easy enough

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? nope

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? written, it helped

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament would be good

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I wasn't aware there was a video tutorial until taking this survey, maybe advertise that better

1) How did you find us?
Symmetrik in the PBE
Its a lot different than the sim leagues im used to so im getting there.
Im used to posting a player and not the cool editor so finding that was weird
no
im a lil late for draft
not much its a solid website

1) How did you find us?
Reddit.
I've had no issues so far. I'm used to how typical forums are laid out. It's not all that alien for me.
I was not sure what many of the numbers and stuff were, so I got help in the Discord server.
I used the written tutorial mostly. It helped, but not enough. I had to get help from another player.
Missed the deadline.
A better understanding of the scale used to create players. For example, I don't know if 60 is good, bad, excellent, horrible, etc.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

1) How did you find us?

Saw a post on Reddit about a sim league so I checked it out.

It's a little overwhelming at first but easy to get the hang of if you ask people for help.

No, not at all

Yes I did and it was very helpful

Signed up after the season so I almost instantly got signed

Relatively new so not quite sure yet but if I had to give one, I would say have one distinctive thread for all the things beginners need to know. Going through many threads to find a single post wasn't the easiest to do.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 11:54 PM by Otrebor13.)

1) How did you find us?
Wasty messaged me on facebook. I was away from the SHL for over 4 years and we started talking and he convinced me to come back.

Considering I haven't been on here in a while I would say yes. Every sub forum is clear and threads are where they belong.

Not at all. I love the integration of the create a player in the forum. Calculates the TPE and basically generates the post for you. Absolutely brilliant whoever came up with that!

Nope. Kind of knew what to do from past experience.

I think a prospect tournament is a great idea. Waiting around and writing media/doing PTs can be fun, but everyone wants to see how their player performs. If it's not a prospect tournament, I would just find a way to have players see their players in the sim. May help them with their weekly updates prior to the SMJHL draft and compare them to their peers.

I've seen mention of mentors messaging newcomers when they create their player. I'm not sure if this is the case, however I was never messaged (I understand I am returning, but I still don't fully know where everything is and having some to message me would help). I think if you could assign mentors to players, that would be a great way to have newcomers navigate the website, have questions answered, and learn, but it would also be crucial in having members stay on the site. Making a connection with someone and getting to know their mentor will help them stay.

As the mentor thing may already be a thing, I'll give another suggestion. Maybe something like an automatic PM to newcomers which generates important information. The forum is somewhat cluttered with subforums and various sticky threads with information, which to this day I do not know them all. I think if an automatic PM was generated and sent to new users outlining the rules, important threads (building a player, league rules, etc.) as well as a list of people to contact/who's in charge (not everybody, there are too many. Perhaps just the commissioners and any of the mentors/capable users who will volunteer to help), would make a world of difference. This could have them reading and learning the league while waiting to be processed and being able to be contacted by SMJHL GMs (if joining post-draft).

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

1) How did you find us?
From a friend.

With the help from the tutorials and my mates yes.

No it was not difficuilt.

No i don't see them xD

-

I don't know, maybe easier for people who need not for every second word a translater xD
No it is all good so i can not say what you can do better.

1) How did you find us?
From a friend.

With the help from the tutorials and my mates yes.

No it was not difficuilt.

No i don't see them xD

-

I don't know, maybe easier for people who need not for every second word a translater xD
No it is all good so i can not say what you can do better.

1) How did you find us?
I joined a baseball sim league, and decided I liked the idea, so I typed in hockey sim league in google, and this was the first thing that popped up!
Eh, its a little confusing, but once you get going, its pretty easy.
No, the create-a-player guide really helped alot!
I did, and oh god yes, it did. It was so much to take in, but after reading, it helped alot!
A prospect tournament sounds like fun!
Maybe post some of the links on discord? ^^ So you can get warmed up to the website before you hop in ^^

1) How did you find us?

xdpark told me about the league and thought it would be something I would get some enjoyment from.

Fairly easy to navigate considering the amount of information there is on the site. Maybe one longer tutorial video that goes over everything that newcomers need to know to get them started on their first full week would be a nice addition. I am very fresh to the site though and this is one of the first tasks I've come across after completing the intro training/bank/posting task.

This was super straight forward and following along with the strengths and weaknesses and stat cost chart was really easy.

Followed along with the written tutorial for the player creation and it was a breeze.

Not entirely sure what I can do, I'm goign to explore the site and try to figure out other ways to start earning TPE and money for my player.

Like I mentioned before a one stop shop newcomer tutorial video that would get members started on their first full week would be a nice addition, everyone is super nice and helpful though, so I don't think getting familiarized with the website will be difficult at all, just a little time and effort.