Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

There is definitely a large learning curve that takes some time to get used to, but there is great support from all around the league and the site becomes much easier to navigate after a couple days of learning what things are, what they mean and where to find what you need.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Creating the player was incredibly simple.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used neither. The questions were self-explanatory and easy to figure out without assistance.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

A prospect tournament would be a great way to introduce people to the site and give a small PT bonus.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Update the rookie guide to show where things are located on the site so they're easier to find when looking outside the rookie guide for the first time.

[Image: hvt8Jek.png]
G Billy Sorokin, #60
S45 - S48: St. Louis Scarecrows
S49 - Present: Chicago Syndicate
S46 100th Overall SHL Draft Pick, Chicago Syndicate
Four-Star Cup Champion - S45, S46*
SMJHL Regular Season Wins Leader - S46, S47, S48
*Starter

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

It's okay. I believe it could be better, but it's also a lot of information, so I get why it's a little confusing.

Absolutely none! Other than my own error

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did not!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I actually missed the draft so I'll just be jumping in with the Scarecrows!

Definitely a more comprehensive tutorial. This is a lot of information, and I think newcomers could be better prepared

[Image: DBXYBXV.png]

1) How did you find us?

I was recruited on Reddit!

Honestly, I had a lot of trouble at first, however, now that I am a few weeks in I have a much easier time 

Nope, none at all, that was very easy!

I saw the written tutorial, and that made it much easier!

I looked around, got to know a few players, and reached out to some teams who were drafting

Maybe have a weekly to do thread, just to remind us of how to get easy TPE

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

1) How did you find us?

My buddy started doing it a couple weeks ago and it sounded fun so he recruited me.

If my buddy didn't already know what he was doing and helped me out, I probably wouldn't have been able to navigate it. I have a lot of things bookmarked and saved now which makes things a lot better though. 

Nope, this was very fun too

No, my buddy helped me out instead.

Rack up that sweet TPE. A prospect tournie would be super fun as well.

"Maybe have a weekly to do thread, just to remind us of how to get easy TPE" (stolen from another user's answer but I agree with it)
Maybe have shortcuts or something to make things a little easier to find. 

1) How did you find us?
A friend told me about it via Discord.
Sort of, but I dunno if there's any way to make it easier.
Not really. Any doubts I had were answered via the tutorial thread/rookies' Discord server.
Yeah and it totally did. I needed to delve a little deeper to find some specific stuff and a lot of asking but still.
I don't really know...
Dunno.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

1) How did you find us?

Through and advertising thread on r/hockey

Yeah for the most part, I've had to ask some questions of other players at times but nothing too difficult.

No not at all, that section was easy to find and it was well explained well.

Yeah I looked over the written tutorial briefly and it did help with a few points I wasn't completely sure of.

I think a combine would be cool to see based off of the stats built by each player, though that might be a difficult idea to implement.

I found it difficult to find where to get into contact with the rookie mentors, might have been just me but perhaps making that information a little clearer may have helped.

1) How did you find us?

-The ad on Reddit and as soon as I entered Sim Hockey there you were so I thought I would give this a try.

-Seems a little confusing at first but it gets easier with practice.

-That seems pretty straight forward and when I got the confirmation on my build it was encouraging.

-Yes and it did help a lot.

-I think that allowing me to sign on as a rental player till the Draft is a great idea.

-Possibly an extra point a week till draft day......nevermind I'm just greedy.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

1) How did you find us?
Heard from one of your player/user on the subreddit /r/hockey

No, not at all! Smile But the tutorials and help from members made it a lot easier as the days went by.

Yes and no, when I knew it was only one player it was ok! I thought we could create and manage more than one player.

Yes and absolutely it helped.

I am not sure what to answer here because I created my player and I think the day after I was drafted and everything snowballed from there.

I think it would be better to have one massive sticky thread for everything for new player.
I gathered all the information I needed from now on but some was for the player creation, some for the training, some for the season and how schedule/stats works, etc.
Centralized info sorted chronologically would be perfect.

1) How did you find us?
Friends
Yes
Nope
I used the written guide yes
Prospect tourney, mock drafts, a combine.
Have dedicated members to welcome people and help guide them

1) How did you find us?
jjaybs hauled me over here because we are buds

It was a little bit confusing but as long as you take your time and read stuff it's fine!

Nah, it helps to have somebody who's already done it to give you advice and show you the ropes.

I read the tutorial about 23 times yes, it helped immensely.

A prospect tournament sounds awesome! Or other rookie bonding activities, scouting stuff, to make it feel a little less like floating in limbo (although I have been finding plenty of things like this survey to occupy my time

It's pretty great - one thing I noticed when I was digging around for information is that there are a lot of threads that link out to what I assume is the previous site, and that was a little confusing (some of the links work, but go to threads with similar but not-quite-the-same information, and some of the links just don't go anywhere at all).

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
I saw a post on a nhl team reddit.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
I got a little confused following the guide when it linked me to new pages because I forgot which had what information but I got the hang of it

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
Only deciding what to be.

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
the written tutorial and yes it was an immense help.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
A message from someone explaining what is going on would be nice.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
I wish there was some sort of live chat on the website because that would make it easier for new members to ask questions.

1) How did you find us?

Advertisement on hfboards.com

On first glance it's overwhelming but the beginner's guides are helpful. I find it very good now.

No, it was actually very fun.

I did use the written tutorial and it was very helpful. 

Earn as much TPE as possible so I am looking for Tasks and what to do. That's enough for me. 

I don't have any. But it would be awesome if there would be a Portal with every standings and leading scorers etc. 

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

1) How did you find us?

Through a r/Canucks advertisement posted by DrunkenTeddy.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It takes a while to get accustomed to the forum based layout of the website, but after a bit of time shortcuts become easier to navigate.

Creating my player was made much easier by using the guides provided, so no trouble here.

I used the written tutorial when creating my player and it helped tremendously. It took me a while to figure out the banking/TPE system during the First Point task, but that's all.

A Prospect Tournament would be fun as well as some other real-life adaptations like potentially a Draft Combine, or a Media Day to earn extra TPE.

Continue with the guides, I did not use the video guide so that was probably much more in-depth than the written one, but getting through the first update post and acquiring my first TPE was tough.

1) How did you find us?
r/canucks post
yeah actually really easy
none.
written was a huge help. Could do with updated links to new site
Not much its in like 3 days. But the prospect tourney looks cool
Update all links to new site.

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

1) How did you find us?
Fantasy hockey subreddit
Its ok. Not great on mobile
It's a bit confusing but I think I got it
Written tutorials were ok. Didn't know video exists
Get some help from a mentor
Make the whole set up a new player as a walk through on a website or Google form. Auto assign a mentor

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig