Create Account

[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT

1) How did you find us?

Ace told me about the site on another Hockey discord.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

For the most part.  I never used a traditional forums like this so i'm getting the hang of it.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Not at all

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Yes I used the written tutorial, also talked to pris on the S48 Draft Class discord. I couldn't have done it without the help.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Not sure yet, hang out and meet new people. Watch the current games going on in S46

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

A quick welcome message the first time you join the website would help.

[Image: TB.jpg]
[Image: Skree.gif]

1) How did you find us?  

My fiance is Obsidian311 (Sean Stevenson Jr)

Yes and no. I keep having to ask where subforums are and what certain things mean.

No. I had help though.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

No. I pretty much knew what I wanted and got walked through what to do.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

WJC

All of my questions are answered by people I know... So I can't give an honest suggestion. 

1) How did you find us?

/r/devils post by ripTokyorepper

It's pretty difficult. I'm getting lost easily because I keep clicking links that take me to random threads and everything kind of looks the same. Learning curve is surprisingly steep.

No, that was easy.

I used the tutorials and they were helpful.

I'm still pretty new and not sure what I can or can't do. But I wanna keep training and improve my game. I'd be happy to play in prospect games.

Some kind of UI for updating the character. A character sheet that updates more easily and is easy to find would be cool.

1) How did you find us?

Lazyeye

It ain't easy. A lot of dead/archived sections that should be janitor'd

It was easy enough

The written tut was great

Write articles, use twitter, get some $$$

I wonder if there's a way to automate some things here? If everything is done by hand that seems like a major time sink (Update threads, PTs, etc)

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]

1) How did you find us?
Other sim leagues. EFL/SBA/VHL/NSHL

Better than jcink, that's for sure. The forum is fine.

Nah

I guess I used the written tutorial, it was fine.

Chill out

The future is now, old man. Text updates suck.

1) How did you find us?

I saw a post on the r/Devils subreddit and there were a good amount of replies with people that are having a great time with it.

For anyone that is used to a forums setup it's easy to navigate. The YouTube video was a great helper as well to get everything down and in the correct format.

No trouble with creating the player, layout was simple and informative.

Yes and yes. The video was easy to follow and not too long, really sped up the process and helped with the learning curve.

I'm mostly going to be talking in the discord and checking out all of the different sections of the forum.

The link to the Tutorial Video was a little hidden in the thread. Making that pop more or putting it more towards the top may help some users. Overall though everything has been great so far!

Code:
Code:
[b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
Reddit recruitment thread on r/devils.

[b]2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?[/b]
Fairly easy. Everything is labeled correctly but is a little confusing when brand new as you’re not sure what anything means.

[b]3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?[/b]
Nope!

[b]4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? [/b]
Tried at first with the written and got a bit confused. The video was very clear and concise. After watching that it all made sense.

[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)[/b]
Definitely the prospect tournament and chatting with the upcoming draft class on discord.

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.[/b]
Make the video tutorial more prominent. It’s much easier to follow than the written instructions.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

1) How did you find us?
Through a thread on r/habs

A little confusing at first, but once you figure where everything is, it's fine.
A little bit when it came to the training, I had to ask where I had to create the update thread 
Yes I did and it helped a lot
Prospect Tournament would be a good idea, maybe like junior IIHF tournament?
Maybe having clearer indications of what happens after creating a player

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

1) How did you find us?

Reddit Recruitment Thread

It takes a little bit of time to figure out where everything is, still working on that.

That part was very straightforward with the tutorial + video.

Yep ^^ this was super clear

Prospest Tournament definitely, there should be a lot of PTs available ideally to keep newcomers engaged.

It would help to have some sort of flowchart or diagram of how the onboarding works for new users, ex: Arriving at the site -> Registering -> Creating a player -> Completing first PT and updates -> Draft Information etc.

[Image: Kathwym-Hepbjorn-Sig-Full.jpg]

Center - #77 Kathwyrm Hepbjörn | Profile | Updates

1) How did you find us?
On Reddit r/habs, and the guy who posted the recruit drive convinced me pretty well.

It may be a little confusing in the beginning, but that Comprehensive Rookie Tutorial helped me quite a bit. Also the discord channels are very helpful too.

Nope, only had trouble making a decision on my national team.

Helped me a lot as I said before, couldn't recommend it any more.

To explore more of this community and find more ways to earn TPE and money

Maybe have a drop-down menu of different topics? 

Bryan Lee - Centre - Two-Way Forward [S48]

1) How did you find us?

Saw a post on r/habs.  Sounded like a great idea.

I'm new to sim, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but I think I'm getting it.

Nope, pretty straight forward

I did use the written tutoiral, it helped quite a bit.

Was able to get into the Prospect Showcase, was really glad I did!!!

Again, I'm new to all of this, so I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything.  One thing that might be nice (and maybe I just haven't found it yet) is a way to search posts that I've made.

1) How did you find us?
Google search for Sim leagues
Yes
No
No
Play video games (time of posting is hours away.)
Tutorials for different aspects.

1) How did you find us?

Bdonini told me about it.

It was tricky at first, but once you start to familiarize yourself with it, it's not so bad.

No, not at all.

I didn't use the video, and it was pretty easy to create my player.

A prospect tournament sounds cool.

Welcome message and walkthrough, maybe?

[Image: noahshl.gif]

Switzerland Outlaws Chiefs  Player Page  Updates  Chiefs Outlaws Switzerland

1) How did you find us?
I'm in several other sim leagues and know guys in SHL. Finally jumped on-board.

I will say that it is probably more difficult to navigate than other leagues I'm in, but it's probably more because SHL is an older league with more development.

Not at all. It was a very easy experience.

I did use some of the written tutorial, just to see how SHL prefers things formatted, such as update page, etc.

I'm more or less just happy messing around on the site and learning where things are at this point.

Truthfully, for as many things as this league has going on, it's probably as stream-lined as it can be. My journey, up to this point at least, has been completely painless.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

1) How did you find us? I found you guys while looking through trying to find a simulation.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not gonna lie it was really confusing and difficult.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No I haven't

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No tbh

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) WJC was what I wanted

Give it a better setup it is so hard to navigate up and down.