Create Account

SHL NHL Mock Draft Official Thread

We're going to be starting our 2017 draft soon, let's look back at 2015 with pride or sadness. Each player is in their draft +2 year, how do y'all feel?

Ottawa:
18 - Anthony Beauvillier
42 - Zachary Senyshyn
48 - Jacob Larsson

Arizona:
3 - Mitch Marner
28 - Vince Dunn
32 - Jake DeBrusk
60 - Austin Wagner
63 - Erik Cernak
81 - Robin Kovacs

Happy with a lot of my picks. Tossed between Beauvillier and Chabot a lot, and while I don't think I made the right choice, I still made a good one. Beauvillier would look good in the Sens top 9 this year, especially with MacArthur out. Larsson and Senyshyn are good players, both having good post draft seasons, and funny enough, both ended up being first round picks in the NHL but I got them in round 2

My Ottawa draft looks more successful than my Arizona one for sure. Marner, Dunn, Wagner, and probably DeBrusk (he had a better AHL season than I expected) all have NHL shots. Still love my Wagner pick even if it was off the board, he's had a good WHL career. Cernak and Kovacs seem like they won't be much unfortunately

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@May 30 2017, 04:19 PM
We're going to be starting our 2017 draft soon, let's look back at 2015 with pride or sadness. Each player is in their draft +2 year, how do y'all feel?

Ottawa:
18 - Anthony Beauvillier
42 - Zachary Senyshyn
48 - Jacob Larsson

Arizona:
3 - Mitch Marner
28 - Vince Dunn
32 - Jake DeBrusk
60 - Austin Wagner
63 - Erik Cernak
81 - Robin Kovacs

Happy with a lot of my picks. Tossed between Beauvillier and Chabot a lot, and while I don't think I made the right choice, I still made a good one. Beauvillier would look good in the Sens top 9 this year, especially with MacArthur out. Larsson and Senyshyn are good players, both having good post draft seasons, and funny enough, both ended up being first round picks in the NHL but I got them in round 2

My Ottawa draft looks more successful than my Arizona one for sure. Marner, Dunn, Wagner, and probably DeBrusk (he had a better AHL season than I expected) all have NHL shots. Still love my Wagner pick even if it was off the board, he's had a good WHL career. Cernak and Kovacs seem like they won't be much unfortunately

Still love Gurianov but feel dumb for passing on Boeser. Man's a beast.

Tkachov was a steal.

1 - McDavid
16 - Kyle Connor
33 - Jonas Siegenthaler
57 - Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
79 - Brendan Guhle

Pretty mediocre Edmonton draft though.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Svechnikov and Juulsen not bad picks...my 3rds were garbage tho

Provorov, Boeser, Chlapik, Hintz, and Lauzon

niiiiice

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@May 30 2017, 04:41 PM
Provorov, Boeser, Chlapik, Hintz, and Lauzon

niiiiice

You fucking dominated man.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Wow, Sebastian Aho slipped past all of our radars.

I'm not terribly happy with Nick Merkley and Filip Ahl. Both are still in juniors and neither has torn it up.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@May 30 2017, 04:59 PM

You fucking dominated man.
but ask Alex i'm a dumb hockey person Aggrieved

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]