Create Account

Hawks/Ducks

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@May 30 2015, 10:45 PM

I wonder if any team would be willing to take on Stoner's contract. If anyone could get a deal done though, it would be Bob Murray.

Out of who you mentioned, Manson is probably the most likely to get playing time next season. Theodore is amazing and all but he probably needs more seasoning in Nor- I mean San Diego. As for Montour, I've heard he has a lot of stuff to work on defensively. Who really knows though?
I doubt it, if Boudreau's the coach it won't matter anyways he's got a huge man crush on Stoner. But Stoner's not a huge issue, Ducks have the cap space to fill their needs without having to ship out contracts, I just don't want him here anymore Smile)

I agree, Manson looked impressive this season, I think he'll be given a hard look come training camp and pre-season. I've heard Theodore took massive leaps towards being a more complete defender this season and skating with Scotty could work wonders for him. Montour I admittedly haven't watched a ton of, I have a buddy in Norfolk and he's really high on him though (Even though he barely played any games there Smile) ) The Ducks defense is impossible to predict, their young guys just come out of nowhere and impress too often to make a real guess.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 30 2015, 07:54 PM

I doubt it, if Boudreau's the coach it won't matter anyways he's got a huge man crush on Stoner. But Stoner's not a huge issue, Ducks have the cap space to fill their needs without having to ship out contracts, I just don't want him here anymore Smile)

I agree, Manson looked impressive this season, I think he'll be given a hard look come training camp and pre-season. I've heard Theodore took massive leaps towards being a more complete defender this season and skating with Scotty could work wonders for him. Montour I admittedly haven't watched a ton of, I have a buddy in Norfolk and he's really high on him though (Even though he barely played any games there Smile) ) The Ducks defense is impossible to predict, their young guys just come out of nowhere and impress too often to make a real guess.
Well said. Time to console my heartbroken Ducksbros. Cheers

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Nereus@May 30 2015, 10:58 PM

Well said. Time to console my heartbroken Ducksbros.  Cheers
Yessir! Cheers Excited to watch GMBM work some magic this off-season :D

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 30 2015, 10:50 PM

Gonna suck when they have to drop quite a few key players because of their cap situation :(
the salary cap is an issue for every good team.
3 Cups in 5 years…yea, i personally wouldnt be worried about the salary cap.

maybe if I'm a Ducks fan and we can't even spend to the cap…then that might suck

Quote:Originally posted by #NoBradyNoBanner@May 30 2015, 11:18 PM

the salary cap is an issue for every good team.
3 Cups in 5 years…yea, i personally wouldnt be worried about the salary cap.

maybe if I'm a Ducks fan and we can't even spend to the cap…then that might suck
I would be when they have something like 12 players under contract next season and about 5m in cap space Smile)

But yeah 3 cups in 5 years is impressive. I don't care the Ducks can't spend to the cap, because they get their players at value which is far more impressive imo than paying to win. Ducks may (Probably won't) win another cup for the next decade or so but I'm incredibly proud of what GMBM has accomplished with this team and wouldn't change much of the on ice product, except for the coach. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 30 2015, 08:50 PM

Gonna suck when they have to drop quite a few key players because of their cap situation :(

We should fuck up Chicago and LA by making big offer sheets for Jones and Saad >Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@May 31 2015, 02:27 PM

We should fuck up Chicago and LA by making big offer sheets for Jones and Saad  >Smile
I was thinking about that last night Smile) I hope someone Dustin Penners them and prices them way out of both Saad and Kruger for Chicago and Jones and Toffoli for the Kings. SJ doing it would just be that much funnier Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 30 2015, 11:40 PM

I would be when they have something like 12 players under contract next season and about 5m in cap space Smile)

But yeah 3 cups in 5 years is impressive. I don't care the Ducks can't spend to the cap, because they get their players at value which is far more impressive imo than paying to win. Ducks may (Probably won't) win another cup for the next decade or so but I'm incredibly proud of what GMBM has accomplished with this team and wouldn't change much of the on ice product, except for the coach. Smile

Every team is paying to win. And good luck signing superstars who won two cups in 4 years to a "value" deal.

You have to pay up if you want to win.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Quote:Originally posted by Merica@May 31 2015, 02:33 PM

Every team is paying to win.  And good luck signing superstars who won two cups in 4 years to a "value" deal.

You have to pay up if you want to win.
You get value by not overpaying players who are replaceable (Bickell, Crawford for instance are massively overpaid).

LA doesn't have any 10m dollar players. You can say what you want but after Chicago has to cut ties with players like Sharp and Seabrook I don't see them having nearly as much success. They benefitted by having reasonable contracts for Kane, Toews and Keith. Now they're paying players like Bickell and Crawford almost as much as Toews and Kane used to be paid. And Kane and Toews making almost 1/3 of the salary cap between the two of them.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@May 31 2015, 12:37 PM

You get value by not overpaying players who are replaceable (Bickell, Crawford for instance are massively overpaid).

Bickell absolutely conned the blackhawks and I love it.

Quote:Originally posted by Bün@May 31 2015, 02:41 PM

Bickell absolutely conned the blackhawks and I love it.
Crawford too. Any goalie could play in that crease and have similar success. Paying a mediocre goalie over 5m just because he benefits from a stacked team is dumb lol