Create Account

S24 Detroit Falcons Combine Earn 1 TPE for Completing!

PlayerName: Austin Lemieux
Position: Goaltender

1) Why are you interested in becoming part of the Detroit Falcons Organization?

I like to be completely honest, You are my 2nd choice. Its only because I am a habs fan, and I like the city of Montreal. Ive had great success playing there already in the showcase. But on your side of things, I actually like mook a lot, GM wise hes the one I've talked to the most, hopefully he keeps me in mind on Tuesday.

2) What kind of player are you, what skills do you bring on the ice?

Butterfly Goalie. I've shown my skills in the prospect Showcase, so far.. 4GP 4W .883 Not too shabby.

3) What kind of person are you off the ice, what will you bring to our locker room?

Motivating, and an all around nice guy to be around. Always there for a chat. And always there to pick up the team!

4) We’re looking for players that are motivated to become future stars, is this you? How will you get there?

Activity activity activity. The road to success isn't hard, its just being active a lot.

5) Most importantly we are looking for mature players who will work hard to improve while conducting themselves with class around the league. Do you feel you are that kind of person?

Yeah, professionalism is key. It shows what person you are, I think I am definitely that.

6) Are you the next great Detroit Prospect? Tell us what your goals are this season and beyond.

No reason why I can't be MVP of the league, when we win the cup.

7) Activity is key to success, will you be active? Do you have time in real life to devote to the league on a daily/weekly basis?

Daily basis for sure! I have so much time at work to do it, and also at home!

8) Do you plan on writing media? Do you enjoy writing or do you find it a chore?

I love writing articles. Moreso because of the cash. I got like almost 4m already. Its a sick way of making money.

9) Do you plan on doing all the Point Tasks available in order to improve your player as much as possible?

Yep! I try to do em as quickly as I can.

10) Why should we select you on draft day, what separates you from other players?

Probably my activity, I'm always on here writing articles, or in the chat room. But also confidence. I'm not afraid to say how I feel in interviews, with that being said, I'm professional, and only speak the truth.

11) If we do select you and you find yourself in a depth role, bottom 2 lines, bottom 2 defense pairing or back up goalie, how will you handle it?

It'll only make me more motivated to get better. I think as a goalie, I'd have no problem learning from a starter for a while, and it would speed up my development.

12) What have you enjoyed most about the SHL since joining?

I like the people, I mean when it comes down to it, this site is just a forum. But the people, who put in so much hard work, are what makes this site amazing. The structure is nice too, its fun and exciting.

13) Are you a big hockey fan, have you played in real life? What position?

Ive played hockey all my life, but on the wing. I love the habs, and Arizona for some reason too.

14) If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

Kate Upton. She's just hotter..

15) And finally, Cake or Pie?

Pie, cake is too airy and childish, men eat pie.
Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons Falcons

PlayerName: Evandrus Jesster
Position: C

To win Four Star Champions with a General Manager that is capable and willing to do what it takes to achieve that. Detroit is one of the best franchises in the SMJHL, especially in recent years. I pride myself in winning, am currently doing that in the prospect showcase, and want to be a part of the winning culture that is in place in Detroit. There are many people I want to play with on Detroit, it feels like the perfect fit for myself.

I'm a leader on and off the ice, I'm selfless and willing to do anything to help my teammates. I'm a hard working center who is deadly from anywhere on the ice. I will be able to play big minutes, especially effective on power play opportunities. I like to imitate my game after Ovechkin and Stamkos on the PP. I can quarterback it. I plan to improve my skating ability and become an all around play maker as well.

3) What kind of person are you off the ice, what will you bring to our locker room?
Activity. I've been a member of this community for 23 seasons and if you asked anyone I've ever played with what I bring off the ice? It is locker room participation. My team and our relationship is highly important to me, I'm always around and available. I go above and beyond what is normally expected out of a player, you will have someone who will help your franchise and keep the morale high at all times.

4) We’re looking for players that are motivated to become future stars, is this you? How will you get there?
This is I. My plan is to be the fastest player to the 350 TPE cap, I will do it. I expect to be 275+ by my first SMJHL game. I'm active in all facets of this community and have taken on two jobs already and continue to write media. My bank account is sufficient and growing, my participation in the improvement of this league tops anyone in this draft class. I am in it for the long haul and have proven over my time here that I am league first, self second. Yet I find the best way to make an impact and help yourself get this done is to first be a star on the ice. Be a role model for everyone else around you.

5) Most importantly we are looking for mature players who will work hard to improve while conducting themselves with class around the league. Do you feel you are that kind of person?
My history in this league is lengthy yet I've never been suspended, I've never had a foul relationship with any member. Rivalries get heated, I am competitive, yet I know how to control impulse reactions. I'm respectful to all members of the community and I feel this is a reason for my popularity and respect in this league. You won't find me losing ice time because I went off on someone, it is not who I am. I am a kind, open minded and patient individual and reflect that with my actions on the board. Yet I am not boring and like to have fun, I know where the line is drawn.

6) Are you the next great Detroit Prospect? Tell us what your goals are this season and beyond.
My goals are fairly specific and already in place for myself as I am a goal driven individual. This past season McZ led rookies in points with 39 and I'm setting my bar even higher. I'm hopeful to achieve 45+ points and tally at least 15 goals centering a line in my rookie season. I'm a person who never stops working and you'll see that reflect in my play as the season goes on.

7) Activity is key to success, will you be active? Do you have time in real life to devote to the league on a daily/weekly basis?
I am one of the most active members of this draft class. My activity level is not going down at all, this is my career just beginning. The team that takes me will see how I am in the locker room, they get the full experience of playing with me and in return I am loyal, obedient and a respectful member of their organization. It will be a franchise that will stick with me forever, as I will them.

8) Do you plan on writing media? Do you enjoy writing or do you find it a chore?
I love it, I have written over 15k words since I have declared my eligibility for the SMJHL draft and it won't slow down. I have a pretty solid pace set, my bank account is plenty healthy, and I will always be making sure I have enough to get me every training opportunity available. At a certain point a bank account becomes excessive. I'm experienced and know what I need each season and you'll always see me training week to week and purchasing full loaded equipment each year.

Latest Media

9) Do you plan on doing all the Point Tasks available in order to improve your player as much as possible?
Yes - Everything. Just as I have done everything thus far it will continue. I've picked up as much free TPE as I possibly can at this point as well.

10) Why should we select you on draft day, what separates you from other players?
I am loyal, I have proven my loyalty (23 seasons in Calgary speaks for itself) and I have a level of prestige I've earned in this league from my good attitude and respectful manner. I am confident I am the best prospect in this draft and you will be getting a generational talent. I'm not a person to skip town, demand a trade, or ask repeatedly for line changes or trying to tell my GM how to run the house. However I am someone who is there for anyone if they wish to come to be for advice or to talk. I served as GM of Calgary and when I wasn't I was always in an adviser role because everyone there knew I would be there to help and never criticize a decision.

11) If we do select you and you find yourself in a depth role, bottom 2 lines, bottom 2 defense pairing or back up goalie, how will you handle it?
I will work harder, I will prove I'm better than that, I know it. I personally would begin to write even more media, look for opportunities to earn extra TPE outside of PTs, recruitment for example. I have been a contributing member to the site since I've been here. My team comes first, and improving myself to improve the team is how I look at it.

The community. I've met amazing people and developed incredible friendships a long the way. None of this works if the people around you aren't there, and for that I am grateful for what every person in this league brings on a daily basis.

Huge Buffalo Sabres fan, I follow international hockey pretty closely and the rise of U.S. talent is something I actively follow. I've only played recreational hockey, usually forward.

14) If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?
Upton, and come on I can think of 2 excellent reasons. Tongue

Pie, not a huge chocolate person, Cherry pie however is the bomb.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

I dk who they are.

Playmaking center

If I have fun ill stay active if not I wont

Yes, doing tasks

Yes

Be the best in the game

If I like this league yes.

Occasionally

yes

Because im good

Eh, I want big minutes

Ive only been on for a day

yes, never played

Uptons hotter

15) And finally, Cake or Pie? Cake

Detroit Falcons Combine
Player: Ivan Koroviev
Position: RW
Agent: Dr. Acula

Aside from the obvious opportunity to hone his skills in the SMJHL, Detroit's record for producing top prospects is very appealing. In addition, the team's success in recent years is also a drawing point.

Ivan is an offensive playmaker. His main strengths are his skating, passing, and puck-handling, though he is also keen to improve his puck-retention skills. A low turnover rate is key for any playmaker looking to make those killer passes.

Intelligent, sociable, and very likeable, Ivan is sure to be a good fit in any team's locker room. He'll be active and sociable, and driven to succeed on both a personal and a team level.

Absolutely! Ivan wants to play at the very highest level, and knows that nothing but hard work and dedication will get him there. Expect to see him doing whatever he can to improve and to gain TPE.

Definitely. Ivan has a mature head on his shoulders, and an agent who knows how to best handle the media spotlight. This can also be extended to the team itself; whoever Ivan plays for will be promoted as much as the player himself.

Quite possibly. In the foreseeable future, Ivan wants to improve as a player, and build his reputation so that he may forge a successful career once his abilities have been finely honed. He's still quite fresh at the moment, but he has tremendous potential. He is driven, and knows exactly what to work on to improve his game.

Certainly. Expect a minimum activity level of five days a week.

Ivan may be busy working on his game, but as his agent I will handle all media spots, and will do so with pleasure. Writing is a hobby of mine, and whatever I can do to benefit Ivan's career will be done. As hinted at above, there may also be some good press in this for whichever team selects Ivan in the draft.

Absolutely. Nobody wants to be second best.

Ivan brings with him his own particular blend of humour, sociability, and hard work. I won't go so far as to say that he's a special case amongst the draft class, but he is a reliable option with high ambitions, and would be a good choice for any team in the league.

The same way any good professional would: by working hard to improve and earn a spot on the top two lines.

The various different ways in which one can improve as a player and a media personality, both of which are potential avenues towards forging a successful career.

Honestly, I got into hockey about two months ago, and have since become utterly obsessed with the sport. I haven't played, but I would most likely be a winger, just like Ivan.

Kate Upton. I don't know much about Selena Gomez, but anyone who finds themselves mentioned alongside Justin Bieber is most likely someone who would annoy the living piss out of me.

Cake. Cheesecake, to be specific. Lemon. Om nom nom.

Player Name: Tomas Jandl
Position: Center/Left Wing

Answers in character will be within "quotes". Answers out of character will be within (parentheses).

"They are a fantastic organization and they are great at developing prospects into elite players. I feel like they would be the best team to help me become the best I can be."

"I am a two-way center who can also play on the left wing if needed. My specialty is my deception with the puck and my ability to confuse the opposition into not knowing what I'm going to do. When I played in Europe I was adept at being able to escape from defenders and create scoring chances for myself or my teammates. I could read their defensive coverage and make the adjustments to execute the opposite play they were expecting with my ability to get away from coverage."

"Off the ice I am reserved and focused only on making sure that when the next game comes, I can give myself the best chance to put out my 100% effort on the ice.”

“I do not like to make predictions about what kind of player I will become. I know that the only way I can become a star is to always work hard and give full effort at everything and anything I do. That is the only thing I have control over, and it’s the only thing I intend to do.”

“I believe that I am. My belief is that there is never anything that cannot be improved, and if you are not working to improve yourself, you are taking yourself backwards. I also strongly believe that the way I conduct myself in one area will directly affect the way I perform in all other areas, so I strive to conduct myself to the highest standards I can.

“Once again, I do not like to make predictions, and just let things happen. My only goals are to constantly improve myself to become the best player I can be, and to be able to contribute to my team the best I can to help give all of us a chance to win the championship.”

(For the time being, yes. I do not have a job but am planning to start working soon, so for now I have virtually all day between 8 A.M. and 10 P.M. to devote to this site.)

(I have already written several articles and plan to do many more. I am actually an aspiring fiction writer and have created quite an extensive backstory on my player, and the articles I write will serve as his “character arc” over the course of his career.)

(I will try my hardest to complete as many Point Tasks as I can.)

“I don’t believe that any one player can separate themselves from all the rest, because there’s enough differences in everyone’s game, even small ones, that on a deep enough level, everyone was already separated from everyone else to begin with. But, if you draft me, I promise to do everything within my power to better myself and the team, through my actions both on and off the ice.”

“I do not believe I am deserving of playing any role, I have to earn my right to play in the higher roles. Wherever I end up, I will not argue.”

(This community is friendlier than most others I’ve been on. I also love all the different aspects that go into improving my player, and I especially love writing the articles.)

(I am a HUGE fan of the Washington Capitals and the NHL in general. I got into the sport in 2009 when I decided to watch the playoffs with my dad until the Caps got eliminated, and starting the beginning of the next season I watched almost every game. I never played hockey due to it being so expensive, and not getting into it until an older age.

(Trick Question. Kate Upton can’t drown because she has built in floatation devices)

(Pie)