Create Account

Official 2015 NHL ENTRY Draft Thread

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 15 2015, 07:38 PM

Is it worth taking such a risk in the top 10 though? Especially with the likelihood of guys like Barzal, Rantanen, Crouse, etc. on the board?

I'd take Zacha over Crouse any day if the week

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 15 2015, 10:02 AM

I'd be very surprised if Arizona took that deal. Arizona needs high-end center prospects (Strome). They've got Boedker, Duclair, Perlini, Lessio, Dvorak, and maybe Domi on the wings. Adding Lucic to that would give them some pretty damn good wingers, but that won't mean a whole lot if Martin Hanzal is your 1C  :lol:

Hanzel is a very good player, he's not the same caliber as OEL, but he's very underrated. Good defensive big body cented. Good for 50-60 points

West Kendall

I think I've decided I'm gonna go next week :D should be a good time

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2015, 11:21 PM
I think I've decided I'm gonna go next week :D should be a good time
Excellent choice, me and my brothers were considering going on a road trip down from NY and making a journey out of it, but that's more than likely not gonna happen Tongue Enjoy yourself though, it's a cool experience for sure.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 15 2015, 11:24 PM

Excellent choice, me and my brothers were considering going on a road trip down from NY and making a journey out of it, but that's more than likely not gonna happen Tongue Enjoy yourself though, it's a cool experience for sure.
Thanks man I certainly will. :D I'm hoping for Toronto to start blowing up their team right at the start of the draft so it's incredibly eventful Smile)

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 15 2015, 05:38 PM

Is it worth taking such a risk in the top 10 though? Especially with the likelihood of guys like Barzal, Rantanen, Crouse, etc. on the board?

I doubt Barzal is there and I take Zacha over Rantanen.

Rumors are Talbot to the Oilers for 16th overall

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Jun 15 2015, 11:32 PM
That would be such an awful trade for the Oilers, a 27 year old with 50 games of NHL experience is in no way even close to worth the 16th Overall pick, i'd be pissed if that happens.

Quote:Originally posted by ORIGINSZ@Jun 15 2015, 11:32 PM
It's Scrivens all over again

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2015, 11:35 PM

It's Scrivens all over again

Yup lol I can't quite figure out why they would do it. Especially with good hockey minds finally running it.

Hopefully not true

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Jun 15 2015, 11:34 PM

That would be such an awful trade for the Oilers, a 27 year old with 50 games of NHL experience is in no way even close to worth the 16th Overall pick, i'd be pissed if that happens.
Well to be fair, Schneider only had like 80-100 games of experience and fetched the 9th overall Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2015, 11:37 PM

Well to be fair, Schneider only had like 80-100 games of experience and fetched the 9th overall Tongue

He was a pedigree trade though, Talbot was an undrafted guy who just emerged. Not saying that's a bad thing it happens alot with goalies especially

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 15 2015, 11:37 PM

Everyone had known for a while though that Schneider was gonna be an elite goalie, former 1st Rounder and had the best SV% of any goalie over the past 3 seasons (or something like that) when he got traded, plus he was under contract for 2 more seasons. Talbot is still relatively unproven that he can handle a starting job (especially a team like the Oilers that struggles so mightily in possession, Rangers are a pretty good possession team) and is UFA after next season if I remember correctly. It could be a disaster for Edmonton if they made that trade.

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 15 2015, 09:53 AM

I've seen people propose ROR and 10th for 4th overall. The value favors Toronto IMO but if ROR is gonna leave anyways may as well get Hanifin out of it rather than be stuck with Werenski, or even worse, none of the top 3 D (seeing as Columbus and SJS are likely to take D with their picks)..
Stuck with Werenski? :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Jun 15 2015, 11:45 PM

Stuck with Werenski?  :lol:
One does not simply get "stuck" with Werenski Tongue