Create Account

S8 Off-Season Schedule

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@Mar 22 2012, 07:33 AM

Move the draft earlier? I'm sure GM's can organize a time.

We already did and that's the day everyone can make it. There's no other day from now to April 8th where everyone can make it.

Quote:Originally posted by joecool37@Mar 22 2012, 10:03 AM
yea i think we don´t have that much pressure to move forward that fast.

double sim in the nwjhl playoffs should work to finish the nwjhl in the next week.  it´s better when the nwjhl season is finished before the draft is  starting.

normally free agency and training camp should start after the draft like in reality, the training camp shouldn´t close till the end of the preseason, so everyone has enough time.

and give rookies some more days for the Re-distribution, they have to talk with their new GMs first and so on. 2 days are very fast to make everything clear.

It's a double-edged sword, but I can tell you that the NWJHL season is not my concern. That's up to the powers that be over there. I don't do much with it and as such, if their timing is off from ours, then so be it.

I say it's a double-edged sword because with the draft being a week and a half away, SHLers have nothing to really do, thus we need free agency and TC to start before it for interest purposes. Then, we need the quick turn around for the off-season to not drag on, even though it's my favorite of the league.

What would we double-sim the NWJHL playoffs?

There's nothing wrong with having the SHL draft a week prior to the NWJHL season being over. Matter of fact, the draft takes place on the 1st...which should be the same day as Game 1 of the NWJHL Championship. And that's assuming both semi's go 7-games.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 22 2012, 01:33 PM

It's a double-edged sword, but I can tell you that the NWJHL season is not my concern. That's up to the powers that be over there. I don't do much with it and as such, if their timing is off from ours, then so be it.

I say it's a double-edged sword because with the draft being a week and a half away, SHLers have nothing to really do, thus we need free agency and TC to start before it for interest purposes. [b]Then, we need the quick turn around for the off-season to not drag on
, even though it's my favorite of the league.[/b]

Yeahthat

It was a little too long last season tbh

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

I don't think having the draft before the NWJHL-playoffs are over is that big of an issue. I think the problem is that the SHL-season will start before we even started the recruitment drive for the new NWJHL-season. We will never get the seasons in sync like this... Or is this something you explicitly want to achieve?

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

seth told me he was going to start the recruitment drive last weekend :(

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 22 2012, 05:22 PM
I don't think having the draft before the NWJHL-playoffs are over is that big of an issue. I think the problem is that the SHL-season will start before we even started the recruitment drive for the new NWJHL-season. We will never get the seasons in sync like this... Or is this something you explicitly want to achieve?

I'd love for them to be in sync, but the answer is that the NWJHL needs to speed up, not that the SHL needs to slow down.

If the off-season schedule is going to stay like this, we NEED to start the recruitment drive now, or we won't have enough time. We can't risk having to put people's European players in the NWJHL again. If we *absolutely* have to, maybe double-sim the rounds up until the finals of the NWJHL playoffs to get a little bit more in-sync, even though it wouldn't be a perfect situation by any means.

can't wait fo the SHL draft :ahh!:

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

You do realize that if we start the SHL-season that soon, we will have a big problem next season? When the S8-season is over and the draft comes up, the NWJHL-season will probably just have started. The SHLers would have to wait even longer then, or we'd have to sim like 4 days per day in the NWJHL, both situations would be terrible for the league and the activity.

What's so bad about waiting a few days or 1-2 weeks for the new season to start? Is most peoples attention span so short or what? If someone leaves just because he has to wait for a few days, he isn't really a loss at all. It woud be better for the league and especially for the Juniors, if we waited a bit longer until we started the new SHL-season.
I know it isn't the SHLs fault that the NWJHL is so far behind right now. But now saying "Screw it, that's your problem junior people" won't help anyone and in the end, will hurt both NWJHLers AND SHLers big time.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 22 2012, 11:35 PM
You do realize that if we start the SHL-season that soon, we will have a big problem next season? When the S9-season is over and the draft comes up, the NWJHL-season will probably just have started. The SHLers would have to wait even longer then, or we'd have to sim like 4 days per day in the NWJHL, both situations would be terrible for the league and the activity.

What's so bad about waiting a few days or 1-2 weeks for the new week to start? Is most peoples attention span so short or what? If someone leaves just because he has to wait for a few days, he isn't really a loss at all. It woud be better for the league and especially for the Juniors, if we waited a bit longer until we started the new SHL-season.
I know it isn't the SHLs fault that the NWJHL is so far behind right now. But now saying "Screw it, that's your problem junior people" won't help anyone and in the end, will hurt both NWJHLers AND SHLers big time.

Yeahthat
nothing more to say.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Mar 22 2012, 06:35 PM
You do realize that if we start the SHL-season that soon, we will have a big problem next season? When the S8-season is over and the draft comes up, the NWJHL-season will probably just have started. The SHLers would have to wait even longer then, or we'd have to sim like 4 days per day in the NWJHL, both situations would be terrible for the league and the activity.

What's so bad about waiting a few days or 1-2 weeks for the new season to start? Is most peoples attention span so short or what? If someone leaves just because he has to wait for a few days, he isn't really a loss at all. It woud be better for the league and especially for the Juniors, if we waited a bit longer until we started the new SHL-season.

Exaggeration much, eh? But, like I've said, the NWJHL's timing is not my concern. We have had long SHL off-seasons before and people bitched, thus, here's a short one.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Mar 23 2012, 12:04 AM

Exaggeration much, eh? But, like I've said, the NWJHL's timing is not my concern. We have had long SHL off-seasons before and people bitched, thus, here's a short one.

What exactly is exaggerated about it? They way you seem to think right now is very short-sighted.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

The NWJHL schedule should be your concern. At least take it into consideration somewhat. Add a few days to the off-season at the very least. The NWJHL has to feed players to the SHL, and since it's beginning it's slowly been falling behind the SHL Schedule. If this continues, which it's on track to do, eventually the seasons will be almost exact opposite time-lines, which makes scouting and drafting completely broken.

>Either fuck over the future of the league essentially or have a couple people being mad about long off season.

>Choose to avoid having a few vets angry.

Jesus people, help out NWJHL here a bit. Without the juniors, the league would essentially be running on <10 recreates per season.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]