Create Account

S25 Interested Prospects Thread

Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon
The S24 Season has come and gone, it was a learning season for the team. As we finish our rebuild, we are looking for great prospects to draft in this upcoming draft! We value camaraderie and hard work above all else. We currently hold two first round picks, originally belonging to Platoon and Blizzard, and a fourth rounder. If you believe we should choose you, then fill out the form below!!

Quote:[b]Player Name:
Position:
Minor League Team:
Link to Profile Page:
Link to Update Page:

Questions
What makes you stand out to the rest of the draft class?

Why are you interested in the West Kendall Platoon?

What does a team need to do in order to keep you on it?

What can you do to improve the team?

Quick, tell me a joke!

Who was the best Platoon player in S24?

Do you think you have the potential to become better than the player you answered in the previous question?

Yes/No - Answer in detail if desired
Do you have kik? (Phone messaging, not necessary)

Do you want to stay down in the minors for another season?

Do you know anybody on WKP?

Did you know where WKP was before you inevitably Googled it?

Is a big salary important to you?

Personal Information
Favorite NHL team:
Hobbies:
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name:[/b]
Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon Platoon

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Player Name: Jasper Clayton
Position: D
Minor League Team: Detroit Falcons
Link to Profile Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=53284
Link to Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=53369

The biggest thing is definitely my media activity. I posted an article every Monday during the regular season of at least 5,000 words detailing the Falcons' season thus far and breaking down an analysis of every aspect of the team's play called "The Falcon's Wing." I've also posted various other articles, including a team tea party and a breakdown of what each team would have to do to win a championship this year. Because of this, I have one of the largest bank accounts in the SMJHL - over $40M, once my most recent articles are graded.

I want to go to a team that has a place for me down the line, and I definitely think WKP is one of those teams. I'll fit well into the lineup, and though I won't have the same playstyle as Bojo, I'll complement it quite well with my own more disciplined style of play from the blue line.

I want a team that's active and friendly in the locker room. Really, that's the biggest part of playing for a team. I want to be with people I enjoy being with. As long as I like the people I'm dealing with every day, I'll keep on coming back and spending more time there.

I can provide a strong defensive presence down the line, with high possession numbers. While I'm on the ice, my team is going to have control of the puck and be able to put up big numbers.

Quick, tell me a joke!

The Vancouver Whalers' regular season.

Bojo Biscuit. He's a great blue-line player, and players all over are afraid to play against him because of his aggressive style of play. I heard he once killed a man for trying to body check him.

Do you think you have the potential to become better than the player you answered in the previous question?

It'll take some time to get up to the same level as Bojo is at now, but I definitely plan to get there. We have slightly different styles of play - whereas Bojo is more physical and likes to take out the body, I'm the type of guy who is going to knock the puck off their stick, and I'm going to be more likely to make offensive plays - especially setting up my teammates to score goals at key times.

I do not.

I really want to stay down in Detroit. I love my teammates there, and I also know it's the best option for my development.

I've talked to Bojo a few times. He's also killed me quite a bit in Rocket League.

Well, it's in West Kendall. That much I know.

Not really. I already have a ton of money from doing media while down in juniors, so making a huge salary in my case won't really make that big of a difference.

Favorite NHL team: Buffalo Sabres
Hobbies: Magic the Gathering is definitely my biggest hobby, as well as video games. Lots of video games - especially League of Legends.
Steam Name: Tepig V

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jul 21 2015, 08:35 AM

[b]Quick, tell me a joke!

The Vancouver Whalers' regular season.

[/b]

Now we know who we aren't drafting :ph34r:

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jul 21 2015, 02:05 PM

Now we know who we aren't drafting  :ph34r:

:(

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by JHS@Jul 21 2015, 03:05 PM

Now we know who we aren't drafting  :ph34r:

lol
As if you had any authority. :lol:
#BojoTheDictator

Quote:Originally posted by Ferdy@Jul 21 2015, 02:49 PM

lol
As if you had any authority. :lol:
#BojoTheDictator

I'm find a way to draft Ferdy in this draft. Life, uh..... finds a way.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Player Name: Michael Burch
Position: RW
Minor League Team: Detroit Falcons
Link to Profile Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=53259
Link to Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=53340

Questions
My work ethic and determination. There are a lot of good players in my draft class so I have to work very hard if I want to come out as one of the best. I am determined to make myself a great player, and am going to do everything I can to improve. This can be seen in my TPE count as I am one of the top TPE earners outside of Wind/Jesster. Also I have a fair amount of money in the bank (14.25 mil) that I got from working hard on writing media articles.

They are a team that is rebuilding, and it would be great to be a part of the turn around that the team will be undergoing in the next few seasons. I feel like there could be an important role for me on this team if I work hard enough. Bojo seems like an excellent GM so that would be another plus for joining the team.

Locker room activity and great teammates. That's the reason I log into the site every day, to chat with my other teammates, and enjoy the experience of being on a team together.

I can provide my playmaking ability to help set up the more offensively focused players on the team. I am also a very responsible player in the defensive end, so I can be relied upon in penalty killing situations as well as providing offense for the team.

Quick, tell me a joke!
Go look at Jasper Claytons +/- :ph34r: (he's working on it)

Bojo Biscuit. He is the leader of the WKP, and is the backbone that keeps the whole team together. He is one of the best defenders in the SHL for keeping the puck out of the net, and is absolutely punishing on the blue line. His checks are devastating.

It would take a lot of hard work to say the least. He has like a 1000 TPE edge on me right now so I have a fair way to go. But like I said before, I am dedicated and know I am going to get to that level one day.

No but I could get it.

Yeah, I would rather have big minutes with the Falcons next season than playing in a depth role in the SHL. It would be nice to have a leadership role with the team too. I will especially want to go back if the Falcons don't win the Four Star Cup this season.

I have seen guys like Pandar and Damien Wert posting around the site, but I haven't talked to anyone personally yet.

I did not know... Forgive me I'm Canadian.

Not really, I write media articles often so it's not like I'm struggling for cash. I'm more than willing to take a hometown discount to help the team get other talented players on it.

Personal Information
Favorite NHL team: Buffalo Sabres
Hobbies: I'm really into music, and hockey obviously. I am also a big fan of video games.
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name: Steam: burch0079
PS4: HockeyRockery

I've noticed that apart from Hamilton (who have no picks, apparently) you guys are the only SHL team with an interested prospects thread. This interests me!

Player Name: Ivan Koroviev
Position: RW/LW (probably has the strength and stamina to be converted to C as well)
Minor League Team: Knights Kelowna Knights Knights
Link to Profile Page: Click here
Link to Update Page: Click here

Questions
Interview What makes you stand out to the rest of the draft class?

My player's terrible English for one thing; you should read some of his interviews! Seriously though, I've shown a high work rate, and of all the playmaking forwards in the upcoming draft, I'd argue that few have the same defensive ability as Koroviev. His stats weren't fantastic this year, but the build is a slow-burner, and with some major offensive development planned for the coming weeks, I'm predicting that his productivity will be vastly improved in S25.

In S24 Koroviev scored 20 points in 52 games (many of them coming at the back end of the season, when the build was beginning to come together), yet he was still ranked 6th overall in the draft class by Lord Pretty Flacko/Baelor Swift, and amongst the top 5 RWs in the class by Travis Kudleychuk/BeanSobie.

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift+Jul 23 2015, 03:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Baelor Swift @ Jul 23 2015, 03:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->While Koroviev joined just days before the draft, he has done an excellent job at making up for the lost week many of his peers were able to take advantage of. He's been one of the stronger media contributors of the draft class and... deserves to be one of the top players taken in the draft[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-BeanSobie@Jul 18 2015, 06:21 AM
...his dedication to training was top level in the draft... This undervalued player may make an SHL team very happy as he is poised for a breakout season next year and should be a great player long term.[/quote]

Interview Why are you interested in the West Kendall Platoon?
For starters, you guys were the first to put up an interested prospects thread; I'm hoping that that kind of initiative is indicative of active, enthusiastic management. I'm also acquainted with Ales Smirnov, a former Kelowna Knight, and from looking at your roster I have noticed that you seem to need a prospect at RW. I'm also interested in being part of a rebuilding squad, and the prospect of helping a team fulfil its potential is quite attractive!

Interview What does a team need to do in order to keep you on it?
Put in as much effort as I'm willing to put in, and make smart choices in who you draft and acquire. At Kelowna I have a great bunch of teammates and managers, and the support, activity, and advice makes it a great pleasure to be part of the team. In the long run, I would like plenty of ice time too (top two lines), but I understand that I need time to develop first, and that I can't expect to play on the top two lines if I'm not up to the task.

Interview What can you do to improve the team?
I can promise you a dedicated player who will continue to improve season after season. I can bring activity to the locker room and the media circle, and I'm confident that I can bring points as well. Koroviev is primarily a playmaker, but he weighed in with as many goals this season as he did assists, so I won't claim to have control over the simulation. That would be quite an asset!

Interview Quick, tell me a joke!
How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman? None. Get it? Because famine jokes never get old. Just like famine victims, I guess... :ph34r:

Interview Who was the best Platoon player in S24?
Honestly, I have no idea. Being new to the SMJHL, I focused mostly on that this season, and now I can't even view the SHL stats for S24 because the index is fucked. Everyone seems to be saying Bojo, and he doesn't look like the kind of guy I want to displease, soooo... Bojo?

Interview Do you think you have the potential to become better than the player you answered in the previous question?
Bojo is a fucking beast, but I believe that in time I can reach his level. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could be amongst the best.

Interview Do you have kik? (Phone messaging, not necessary)
Nope.

Interview Do you want to stay down in the minors for another season?
I'd like to, yes. As I've said, I'm very fond of my teammates at Kelowna, and staying there for another season will provide me with plenty of ice time. I'm confident that next season will see me continue to develop my skills and my reputation, and that that will benefit my fight for more ice time upon returning to the SHL.

Interview Do you know anybody on WKP?
I know Ales Smirnov; we've chatted a bit in the past about player-building and having fun. He's a good lad. Smile

Interview Did you know where WKP was before you inevitably Googled it?
Just to be a smart ass, I looked it up using DuckDuckGo instead of Google. Does that mean I win? Anyways, I had NO idea where West Kendall was, but there's an ocean between there and I, so I guess asking me where West Kendall is would be like me asking you where Bastardstown is. And yes, that is a real place!

Interview Is a big salary important to you?
Probably not as important as it would be to others. I'm more than capable of earning money from media articles, and I already have a healthier bank account than most of the other draftees. At the end of the day I'm here to have fun, not make a shit tonne of imaginary money.

Personal Information
Favorite NHL team: Montreal Canadiens
Hobbies: Music and chess are the main ones; I play both. I also enjoy watching hockey and football (football, not American football). I don't read as much as I used to, but I still enjoy literature and film.
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name: N/A

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Jul 24 2015, 01:35 PM
I've noticed that apart from Hamilton (who have no picks, apparently) you guys are the only SHL team with an interested prospects thread. This interests me!

I, too, am interested in your interest about our interest thread!!! #Made4eachOther

Player Name: Kristján Vilhjalmsson
Position: Center
Minor League Team: Kelowna Knights
Link to Profile Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=52830
Link to Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=52909

Questions

I am one of the best passers and one of the best face-off men in the minors in only my rookie season. Next season will no doubt be better and I have a good chance of becoming THE best passer in the SMJHL whilst also upping my goal-scoring potential at the same time.

Because i'd like to be a part of a pro-team next season, I could drone up a story about what WKP means to me, but I have so little knowledge of all the teams in the SHL, I don't feel it's indicative of what extra worth I have knowing about this team.

Active Locker Room, and a feeling like i'm a part of a team rather than a bunch of handlers doing their own thing and going through the motions every season.

I am a pass-centric center who will keep the puck moving around and help other players on the line become better scorers as a result. Sure i'm not as epicly all-round as some guys, but I am the best passer of the coming draft. I know what my build is and I will maximize his playmaking potential.

Quick, tell me a joke!

5th in the east and least goals of the league, lel

Jed Lloren without a doubt. Best +-, most points, second best scorer, third best passer, second best hitter... Basically makes your team not completely terrible :3

If I turn myself into a defender, maybe I guess? I'll do what I'll have to do to be the best player that I can be, being active and getting plenty of

No I do not.

It's par for the course, the odds of anyone getting called up immediately after the draft is slim to none. I'll do my time and dominate the SMJHL for a second season, it's cool.

Nope

Lol, somewhere in Canada

I have plenty of dosh on the bank right now so I will be able to update at max TPE as much as possible in the coming season. More money is always nice, but I know that some people can use the money better. I can accept a smaller wage if that means the team ends up being better because of it.

Personal Information
Favorite NHL team: Flyers
Hobbies: Gaming, Writing
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name: deknegt (Steam)

Quote:Who was the best Platoon player in S24?

Jed Lloren without a doubt...

Sorry we're going to have to look elsewhere.... Rant

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 24 2015, 03:27 PM

Sorry we're going to have to look elsewhere....&nbsp; Rant
Hahaha the end of that paragraph.....

This guy knows Wink

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Player Name: Zack Hoover
Position: Left Wing
Minor League Team: Whalers
Link to Profile Page: Hoover Player Page
Link to Update Page:Hoover Update Page

Questions
This draft class has a ton of different personalities. Some guys stand out for the media articles they write, others from being recreates. Some have a cocky attitude, others chill. Some are TPE whores and brag about their TPE amounts, and others are semi-active. I dont think I stand out to much in this draft class. I am an average guy, who received a certain amount of hype leading up to the SMJHL draft last season for some reason.

You guys have a pretty sweet logo and set of uniforms. Also you are finishing up a rebuild and are looking to become contenders and I would like to be apart of that squad sometime down the line.

I am looking to spend my career on one team. As long as the team is active and I make friends on it, there will be no reason for the team to try to keep me on it.

I am a jack-of-all-trades type of player due to me wanting to wait until im in the SHL to find out what player I want to be. If your team is in need of a goal scorer, I will adjust my player to become a sniper. If you need a playmaker, I will work on my passing to feed the goal scorers the puck. If you need a player who can play a physical, grinding game, Ill hit the gym and work on that. I can improve the team by becoming the player you need in order to improve the squad.

Quick, tell me a joke!
No.

I havent really followed the SHL much as i was focusing on my play in the SMJHL. Looking at the stat sheets though I would have to go with Jed Lloren.

I dont know what the type of player Jed Lloren is so I cant make an accurate judgement if I have the potential to be better. Everyone will of course say "Im going to be the teams next superstar" and cliche answers like that. If you want me to be a player that will play like him, I will strive to be better than Lloren.

Nope, but will get it if needed.

I would prefer to stay down in the minors for at least another season.

I know JHS is member of WKP.

Yeah I actually went through WK once.

It is a non issue for me. I dont rely on having a large salary as I will write some media articles and such if I need the money, but salary is important.

Personal Information
Hobbies: Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Traveling, Jersey/logo design
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name: Steam- Zyanourix

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Quote:Originally posted by Hoovuh@Jul 25 2015, 01:26 PM
[Image: BfzZSEHCMAEuJmD.jpg]

Player Name: Nikolaus "Nik" Scholz
Position: C
Minor League Team: Knights
Link to Profile Page: Nikolaus Scholz
Link to Update Page: updates

Nothing really sets me apart from the rest of this deep class. But before you throw my name aside I'd also like to add that nothing stands out negatively either. I log in regularly, contribute semi-occasionally and stay up to date with updates and league news.

They appear to be a team on the rise with room for new players like myself. If I could get in on the ground floor and be a part of something big in the future that'd be something I'd be very interested in.

I like to be part of an active community. I don't tend to be as vocal as some of the other draftees, but I enjoy reading about what's going on around the team/league and throwing in my two cents when I feel it's necessary.

My strength starts at the face off dot. My goal is to create a strong playmaking center with a focus on puck-possession and driving the play.

Quick, tell me a joke!
Why don’t you ever see hippopotamus hiding in trees? Because they’re really good at it.

Based on the fantasy rankings I put together last night it looks like Bojo.

Given that he's a blueliner and I'm a center the comparisons are few and far between, but as for his involvement in the team and community it's something I'd definitely strive for.

Nope. I know what it is and have used it in the past. I wouldn't be against re-installing it.

Yes. The post-season left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I'd like to see what the Knights could do next season.

Spoke with Slappy McDoodle briefly in the Knights LR.

Hehe, nope. But did YOU know that West Kendall is often confused with the census area of Kendall West?

Nah.

Personal Information
Favorite NHL team: Ottawa Senators (duh)
Hobbies: Skiing, Golf and Video Games.
Xbox/PS4/Steam Name: PC master race.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride