Create Account

S24 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WELCOME TO SEASON 24 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

APOLOGIES, FOR THOSE ALREADY STARTED THERE WAS A MISTAKE IN ONE OF THE WORD UNSCRAMBLES. IT HAS SINCE BEEN CORRECTED.

ALSO THE DEADLINE WAS EXTENDED DUE TO MACS BRAINFART, HE THOUGHT IT WAS THE BUZZER FOR THE CUP AND NOT ONE WEEK

Panthers Whalers S24 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK :impact: Steelhawks

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK IS FOR S25 SHL DRAFTEES, SENDDOWNS AND CURRENT PLAYERS. S25 SMJHL PROSPECTS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE

HOW THIS WORKS
COMPLETION OF ALL TASKS WILL EARN A MAXIMUM OF 20 TPE

TASKS CAN BE DONE FOR SHL OR SMJHL TEAMS (unless otherwise indicated)

YOU EARN POINTS FOR EVERY TASK COMPLETED, YOU DO NOT LOSE POINTS IF ANY OF THE TASKS ARE NOT COMPLETED.

COMPLETE ALL TASKS AS 1 REPLY TO THIS THREAD. PLACEHOLDERS ARE FINE.

UNREQUESTED COMMENTARY WILL BE DELETED. ONLY POST YOUR ANSWERS

YOU MAY NOT CLAIM TPE FOR CW UNTIL A CLAIM LIST IS POSTED

LASTLY AS ALWAYS, DON'T BE A DICK!

Task 1 (1 TPE + .5 TPE for each correct) - Predictions

SMJHL players do SMJHL predictions, SHL players do SHL predictions. If you do both, you will only get the TPE for one

SHL Predictions (use banners)
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1484047

SMJHL Predictions (use banners)

Task 2(2 TPE) - Word Scramble

Each name that you unscramble correctly is worth .5 TPE.

***PM these answers to me***If you post the answers, you will be disqualified from earning TPE in this task

Bajok Natren
Derrifk Unastwld
Oncaskj Sewkee
Ikor Uoremt

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Each question that you answer correctly is worth .5 TPE.

***PM these answers to me***If you post the answers, you will be disqualified from earning TPE in this task

When was the last time that Hamilton made the finals?

Which goalies had their records broken this year by Jackson Weekes?

How many Four Star Cups total has each team in the finals won and in what seasons did they win them?

Who scored the first and last goal of the season for each team?

Task 4(3 TPE) - Championship Banner

Create the S24 Championship Banner(Like at the top of the site) For the team you think will win

Task 5(3 TPE) - Biggest Game

250 words min.

What has been the biggest game so far for each team in the Finals? (SHL do SHL, SMJHL do SMJHL)

Written/GFX 6 (3 TPE) - Showdown

Choose to do either a graphic, or written for this task

For graphics , create a poster (750 x 200) advertizing two players opposite one another on the lines.

For writing, 250 words, compare them and who will be more vital to his teams success.

Written/GFX 7 (3 TPE) - A show of sportsmanship

Graphics - Make a signature, either serious or joking (don't be a dick Wink) for someone on the opposite team.

Written - Conduct an interview of at least three questions with a member of any team in the finals, standard will be two points, the third point will be for cross league interviews (SHL interviewing a junior and vice versa)

BONUS - 1 UNCAPPED TPE
Who scores the cup winning goal in your league and who has the primary assist (MUST HAVE BOTH)

DEADLINE

AUGUST 2ND AT 1159pm EST

If you guys have any questions or issues, feel free to PM me! Cheers[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Task 1
Done

Task 2
Grim

Task 3
Grim

Task 4

Goddamn Gimp froze, hoping for a bone for 1 point here :(

[Image: l6mGjyJ.png]

Task 5

The biggest game for both teams for me in the Finals was nullifed. It does not get any bigger than a Game 7 Overtime for the Championship. The fact they tied it up with only 23 seconds left is beyond me, pulling the goalie to do so and it heading to overtime where Jakob Tanner, the new stud goaltender for Hamilton and what will give them contention for years to cme was a perfect 4-0.

An impressive showing for a player in his first finals as a player and as a GM, I imagine a this is it speech was said in the lockerroom. At the start of the season I predicted Seattle and MInnesota. That was easily cast aside as one didn't make the playoffs and the other was ousted before the finals as well. Incredibly, the series did go to seven games, a rare treat where series have been ending in five or six this one went the distance, so evenly matched that the west and east champion needed the full seven and gut wrenching overtime to claim dominance over the other.

That may have been the biggest game in the last few seasons.

Task 6

The Players I would like to compare are now retired Riko Muerto who in the regular seaosn had twenty two and twenty two for fourty four points, a plus eight, a decent seventy-four penalty minutes (damn this a player reference task?) Eighty six hits, one hundred and eighty six shots and a below 50% faceoff percentage showed a strong two way game. He scored 5 game winners and three game tying goals. He was harmless on five shootout chances.

And

Yuri Boyka, originally drafted by the Wolfpack in Season 20, he was traded to Los Angeles where like Elyk in Winnipeg he has flourished since, in this regular season he has thirteen goals and thirty four assists for forty seven points. A low tweleve minutes, plus eleven with a hundred and ninety one shots? Yes please, the guy gets it on net and does so responsibly.

Now in the playoffs? Muerto had eleven and eleven, exactly half the points he produced in the regular season but in only eighteen games! His partner in crime Simons somehow did better for points but in the playoffs, plus minus is big to me and Muertos +1 to Simons -4 gives him the edge, dropping them as well several times going on to score. Thirty one hits and sixty three shots, three game winners and a game tying goal. 1.06 points per game? Razov him please.

And Boyka had Twenty One, but was an incredible +10, toomk only eight minutes in the sin bin and had twenty nine shots and fifty five shots. Boyka had two game winners and one game tying and was 1.09

So I ask, is it a lock or not.

Bonus - NOPE :(

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Completed

Completed - Message Sent

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Completed - Message Sent

[Image: qcDuigd.png]

For the Vancouver Whalers, the biggest game had to be game 6 against the Firebirds in Round 1. If they didn't win the game, they would have gone to game 7, and nobody actually knows if they would have been able to beat them to make it to the next round to play the Knights. The Firebirds were playing very well against the Whalers for most of the series, and were able to break up the Whalers momentum whenever they would grab some. If the Whalers were unable to close the series out, and they were to let Prince George back in the series, the threat of the Firebirds moving on would have been very real. It was a very big performance by them, in which they dominated, and were able to come out on top.

For the Montreal Impact, the biggest game would have to be games, plural. The Impact were on the bubble against the defending champion Detroit Falcons for two straight games. They were able to stretch the series out, and eventually to take the series in Detroit, in front of a raucous Falcons crowd. Facing elimination in two straight games is very difficult to do. To be able to keep your composure, and to be able to perform with poise in order to save yourself from death, is very difficult to do. To be able to do them two games in a row, just shows how resilient this team is, and how big those games were.

Two players will show their worth come finals time, and the two players I have my eyes on will be Vlad McZehrl and Buster Killington. Both have been essential in each teams respective run to the playoff finals. If I have to choose between the two, I would have to go with Whalers captain Vlad McZehrl, and I believe he will be more vital to his team's success. McZehrl has been the backbone of this Whalers offense all season long. McZehrl has totaled 50 points, to Killington's 40, with 22 goals and 28 assists over the regular season. Here in the playoffs, McZehrl leads the entire league in points and goals. He is +8 in goal differential for this playoffs, and has absolutely been the Western Conference's MVP to this point. Of course, nobody is saying that McZehrl hasn't had any help. He's flanked by one of the best Centers in the league, Beau Ballard, and also by rookie LW sensation, Zach Hoover. It's not that these guys are bad players, it's that everyone that plays on the ice the same time as McZehrl is better because of it. The captain has made it his mission over this long and arduous journey that has been the Whalers S24 campaign. He's been an inspiration to his veteran teammates, and a mentor to his younger teammates. There is no doubt that he has been integral to their playoff success both on the ice, and off. McZehrl continues to elevate his game for the sake of the team, and will do, seemingly, anything within his power to ensure success. Buster Killington has certainly been vital to his team, but Vlad McZehrl embodies the heart, soul, and passion that you want in a winner. For that reason, we expect to see McZehrl as the first to hoist the Four Star Cup at the end of this final round.

An interview with Erik Lundqvist of the Vancouver Whalers:

Has it sunk in that you'll be playing for the Four Star Cup?
Sort of, I guess it rings true that it never really feels real until it's done but the realization that we could win the Four Star Cup definitely has sunk in. I've been here before, and so have a lot of my teammates, so it isn't an entirely new situation and as such we're much more prepared and down to Earth compared to the Impact, who haven't seen the Finals in a while now.

Are there a lot of nerves coming into a high pressure series like this?
If I can steal my goalie partners last name, Nonerves. It's high pressure, there's lots of expectations, some of them even put on ourselves but when you've been here before you realize just what it takes to win and you realize that it isn't the end of your career if you have a bad game. I think this gives me, and the rest of the team, a huge mental advantage.

What are your feelings on Montreal? What do you expect from them?
I think they're a great team, and both of us have done a tremendous job and overcome massive odds to be able to reach the Finals. I expect a hell of a series from them and I'm sure they'll deliver.

BONUS - 1 CAPPED TPE
Vlad McZehrl (Zach Hoover, Fife Gibbs)

Completed

Completed - Message Sent

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Completed - Message Sent

[Image: f12fe570-1c39-4c0a-b9ea-0d61a8c34a20.jpg]

For the Steelhawks the biggest game in their cup run was in game 2, against the Minnesota Chiefs. Minnesota came out strong as they simply outplayed the Hawks in the first period taking a 2-0. That lead went into the second period and about halfway through the Hawks finally responded. With the tide going against them Rider Clitsome and Riko Muerto came up big as the they scored to tie the game up. Just as it seemed like the Hawks were back in it and capable of taking over, the Chiefs scored a short handed goal to retake the lead. The scored for 3-2 going into the third period and now the Hawks were being pressured. Hamilton must have had a good talking to in the dressing room as they came into the third period red hot, scoring to straight goals to take the 4-3 lead. Sounds exciting doesn't it. The Chiefs were still not out for the count just yet as Chernika Banananov scored late to tie the game and force overtime. At this point this game was up for grabs for any of these two teams. Both of them refused to give up all game and now they found themselves one goal away from victory. The Chiefs completely out shot the Hawks in overtime but just couldn't seem to get it by Tanner. Tanner made save after save, keeping his team alive. Whistle was blown and Hamilton finally caught a break, they were heading to the power play and Muerto was the man to find the back of the net. The Hawks won and now took the 2-0 series lead which Gave them the momentum going into game 3 where they won and took the 3-0 series lead. The Hawks ended up winning the series in 5 as they finished off the Chiefs at home in a wonderful fashion.

GFX 6 (3 TPE) - Showdown

[Image: 3fdd1fd3-dce3-4743-a9c8-8937796bc032.jpg]

Written 7 (3 TPE) - A show of sportsmanship

Interviewer: How did it feel to finally make it to the finals in the SMJHL?

Jack Burton: Amazing! Last year we didn't make it and I felt that we had the pieces to do so. This year our GM made some magic in the draft and created such a strong team so quickly. I really love this team and we're all so close. I think the reason why we are here today is because of how well our team chemistry is. Our team play is just wonderful. We are a true team here in Montreal.

Interviewer: most people didn't expect the Whalers to make it to the finals let alone past the first round. What are your thoughts on this team?

Jack Burton: This team was heavily criticized all season long. They ended up finding themselves near the end of the season as they started winning games. In the SMJHL it's always a place where the underdogs can come up victorious. This team is this years underdogs and should not be underestimated especially after defeating the Knights. Tells you a lot about this team for being able to make it this far with all the drama that circulated them all season.

Interviewer: How excited are you to be called up to Seattle next year?

Jack Burton: Super excited! I was happy to be drafted to such a strong team with such an amazing culture. I want to be able to contribute for them right away. I plan on staying there until the day I retire if they let me.

Place Holder!

Task - 1

Championship Predictions

Task 2 - Sent

Task 3 - Sent

Task 4 - Champion Ship Banner

[Image: 955012daec2b9aabea9d829af4e56ba5.png]

Task 5 - Biggest Game
The Biggest Game Hamilton vs Minnesota Game 3

While it may have not been the most important game thus far, and a game three hardly is unless you are down 0-2. The reason I call this one the biggest is, it was a statement game. The Hamilton Steelhawks came out and took the fight to Minnesota early and often. Minnesota had a high price offseason-acquiring guys like Jakobsen, Salmon, and Byrde they were the odds on favorite to win the east, and even the challenge cup. That was before Griffin Simons, Riko Muerto and the rest of the Hamilton Steelhawks derailed them! This forced the league to take notice that Hamilton is not a weak team, and that everyone should be on notice!

This wasn’t the series clincher, but it was still the series dagger, as the Hamilton Steelhawks won in a more lopsided than the score would suggest victory 4-3. Riko Muerto and Griffin Simons hooked up a few times as Riko Meurto continued to stun, and impress with his second hat trick in as many series. Being up 3-0 Hamilton knew that there was no way they would lose this series, and they let the league know that they are the best team in the East beating Manhattan, and Minnesota enroute to the SHL S24 Challenge Cup. If they had lost this game the series would have been 2-1 with a hung momentum swing in the Minnesota direction. As a side note the play Jakob Tanner has gotten out of his team has been amazing and the reason they finished the regular season dominate, and carried it over to the post season.

Task 6 - Show Down

Riko Muerto vs Brian Morley

It is no secret that Morley is one of, if not the best player in the SHL year in and year out. While Riko Muerto has always been a very consistent and solid winger this playoffs have been his coming out party! Riko Muerto has been red hot so unfortunately Morley doesn’t have much of a chance in this comparison. As we head into the Challenge Cup Riko Muerto sits first in goals with 10, and third in assists with 9. The only player with more points than Riko is his line mate Griffin Simons who is also having himself a break out season.

The Hamilton Steelhawks better not sleep on Brian Morley, although Riko has had a statistically better post season. Morley is a professional his name is always in MVP consideration, he is the type of two way forward that can take over a series in no time. Look for Morley to shine on the big stage as he knows that this is his team, and big players need to show up in a big spot. Morley currently has a stat line of 5G 8A 13PTS in 11 games, which is nothing to scoff at!

So far in this series Riko Muerto has been the one that has proved he can take over a game single handedly! With a hat trick under his belt in each of the first two playoff series look for Riko to be scoring early and often. While Brian Morley may be the better player overall Riko Muerto is really riding a hot streak look for him to give Jackson Weekes all he can handle!

Task 7 - Show of Sportsmanship!

Interview Lord Pretty Flacko of MTL Impact

1. What will Montreal do to stifle the Vancouver Whalers?

2. I know you are a pretty straight forward guy, Where do you deserve to go in the SHL Draft?

3. How is Evandrus Jesster as a teammate?

4. Who are you rooting for in the SHL Challenge cup?

5. After your first season in the SMJHL, what have you learned? Have you felt you gained more respect?

1. Honestly, the Whalers have yet to be tested by a strong defensive team. We had a better regular season record than any West team for a reason - we're better. With Vliddy, Burton, Wagner, and Morenov in our top four, Vancouver's strong forward group will be in for its first test. On our end, we've been playing against strong forward groups all playoffs, especially against Detroit. Basically, we are the more talented team and it should show from the initial drop of the puck.

2. I deserve to be anywhere between the second and fourth overall pick, probably depending on team need. Jesster should be number one. I could see Maximova and Clayton deservedly going ahead of me. In reality, I'll probably go somewhere between two and five.

3. Jesster is an awesome teammate and it's been a pleasure to play with him. He certainly puts the team first but I think everyone in Montreal has done that. It's why we're in the position we're in right now, poised to win the cup. Nobody is bigger than the team.

4. Hamilton all the way. I'm pretty out of the loop with the SHL right now but I'd love to see Brumm and Simons take home the cup. Plus LA isn't even a real hockey city.

5. The biggest thing I've learned this season is that making sacrifices for the team is far more satisfying than individual success. You see guys on the Whalers criticizing me because both myself and others think I bring a lot of value to a team simply because I may not have had the greatest individual statistics this season. Well, they can question me all day long because the cup is ours. As for gaining respect, I think I've absolutely gained a lot of peoples' respect. I came out of the gate firing and people took it as arrogance. I think they realize now that I just speak my mind and that even if I do take shots at people, they're usually justified. And I certainly never go out looking to start shit.

BONUS TASK

Riko Muerto 17 (Griffin Simons, Bubba Nuck)

Completed:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic...dpost&p=1484840

Completed:
pm'ed

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia
Completed:
pm'ed

Completed

[Image: New%20Impact_1.jpg]

Completed

The biggest games for the Whalers and the Impact? Well the two teams at the bottom of the regular season standings in each of their divisions certainly had alot to prove. For the Whalers it was probably their game 4 against Kelowna. Lose this game and it's all even against the conference champs at two games a piece. They fell behind early and often but overcame deficits 3 times before pulling it out in the final period. Their captain Vlad McZehrl and Beau Ballard provided the decisive third period goals to put the Whalers in the lead for good. This all but crushed Kelowna's spirits as the white hot Whalers proved their late season adjustments would negate their last place finish in their conference. They went on to finish out the series against the devastated Knights and off to the finals where they awaited their oponents.

For the Impact it had to be the deciding game 7 against the Detroit Falcons. The Impact are the cardiac kids of the SMJHL and they seemingly have ice water in their veins. They fell behind early in the series losing the first two games to Detroit. After some crucial come from behind victories against the Falcons they got out early in game 7 before Detroit took control. The Impact come back to tie the game at 3 before Pejonis put what many thought would be the dagger in them. They came from behind once again and kept their foot on the gas for a decisive two goal win and punched their ticket to the finals.

262 words

Completed

The two players up for comparison are Erik Lundquist the goalie for the Hartford Whalers and Ernest Ciarelli the goaltender for the Montreal Impact. Usually in any playoff series a hot goaltender can make all the difference. In the finals here with the stakes high who will step up for their team. Let's take a look at the regular season stats. Ciarelli during the regular season had a save percentage of .885 compared to Lundquist's .876. He also held the advantage in the goals against average with a 2.86 versus Lindquist's 3.17. They each recorded one shutout during the regular season. Ciarelli also had the edge in wins with a 24 to 16 mark. From the regular season it would appear that Ciarelli would have the edge in this match up.

In looking at the defense in front of them the Impact have a major edge in the quality of defense with Lidstrom, Burton, Wagner and Morenov. This would also point to an advantage for the Impact. Because of the better defense in front of him Ciarelli will not bear as much of a burden on the success of his team as Lundquist will for the simple fact of the defenders in front of him. So while it appears Ciarelli has all the advantages the whalers came on at the end of the season and were playing much better hockey. Lundquist carried his team through 2 other playoff series. For this reason the goaltender who will be more important to his team's success in the final match up of the Whalers and the Impact will have to be without a doubt Erik Lundquist.

275 words

Completed:

Interview with Bluesboy from the Hamilton Steelhawks who represented two teams in the cup finals:

1. How did it feel to be representing teams in both the SHL and SMJHL finals?
Eh, it just felt fuckin awesome, ya know? Both of the squads just got right the fuck in there and I was pleased. I was hoping neither would shit the bed, and I wasn't overly disa-fucking-pointed. Montreal did fuckin' awesome and we were bitchin' when we got past Detroit. When Hamilton won the cup I was boucin' off the fucking wall. Ask Tanner, he can confirm.

2. What do you think was the key factor in Hamilton winning the cup?

Our mother fucking chemistry, bitch. Tanner just kept fucking with those lines and he found the right fucking combinations. My boy Riko and myself were lighting shit up all of the league and it was fuckin great.

3. How are the Steelhawks looking for next season, do they have what it takes to be back to back cup winners?
Fuckin' right we do. Almost every active fucker on our team is young as fuck and ready to keep on rolling. If all of us keep earning that sweet, sweet motherfuckin TPE, we'll be a top shit dynasty.

4. How disappointing was it that the Impact lost and you weren't able to raise two cups in the same season?
I was definitely down in the dumps, but you'd have to be a real fucked up piece of shit to not be happy to win one cup. The Impact boys were quite upset, as was I but no one wants to be a Debbie Downer, so we picked our socks up off the fuckin' ground and got on with our lives.

5. It seemed the majority of the people were picking the Panthers to win the series considering they had the top goaltender from the past season?
Uh, yeah.

BONUS - 1 CAPPED TPE
Completed

Teddy Bear from Adam Falk
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic...2&#entry1492858

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Plsce

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

DONE

Sent

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia
Sent

[Image: RCmyVf6.jpg]

250 words min.

What has been the biggest game so far for each team in the playoffs?

[Image: hrsBJgj.jpg]

I interviewed Erik Lundqvist, the star goaltender of the Vancouver Whalers.

Quote:[b]Do you think the Whalers will be able to beat the Impact?
I think so, yes. We have what it takes, we've shown people that we're not the underdogs anymore and that we need to be taken seriously. I think the Impact realize that but they'll likely still underestimate us and that's going to be unfortunate for them when we lift the Cup above our heads.

What will be the deciding factor in this series?
The team that will be able to score more goals, I think. I'm kidding. Kind of. It will obviously come down to who's able to produce more offense, both teams have world class goalies in net and while Vancouver lacks on the defensive side they make up for it in offense while Montreal lacks on the offensive side they make up for it in defense. It will be interesting to see what the deciding factor is.

Thoughts on your play so far in the series?
I think I've been doing alright, I haven't stolen games yet obviously but I haven't been the reason we've lost a game, at least I don't think so. It'd be nice to pitch four shutouts in a row to sweep the Impact but that would be incredibly difficult.

Who is the scariest player to play against on the Impact?
I wouldn't say that any team or it's players are scary to play against...they have a ton of really talented players and a few that are a goalies nightmare, but no there isn't one specific player that I would call scary. They all need to be taken seriously when they're on the ice.

How do you think General Manager JHS has done in his rookie season?
He's done well, he was really thrust into the situation and he's still getting used to the role, and you can tell that he is but he's made good signings and has hired on a veteran GM in Origins to help him along. Overall he has done well and is trending upwards.

Cheers[/b]

BONUS - 1 CAPPED TPE
Who scores the cup winning goal in your league and who has the primary assist (MUST HAVE BOTH)
Riko Muerto (Griffin Simons, Bubba Nuck)

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Placeholder!
Steelhawks

DONE!

Pm'd

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia
Pm'd

[Image: GsOgcao.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

TASK 1
DONE!

TASK 2
SENT!

TASK 3
SENT!

TASK 4
[Image: flamingtext_com_MTExNTM5NDk5NDk.jpg]

TASK 5
The biggest game for the Montreal Impact had to be the game that ultimately allowed them to make the S24 Four Star Cup finals, and that would be their game seven eastern conference finals game versus the Detroit Falcons. The Falcons actually had a very strong lead in the game at one point, being up three goals to one in the second period, but alas, they simply were unable to hold on to the aforementioned lead, as the Impact came bombing away with goals, and completely dominated the second half of the game, and would ultimately end up winning it by a final score of six to four, propelling them to the S24 Four Star Cup Finals!

For the Whalers, their biggest game had to be the one that sent them to the finals as well, which was of course game five of the western conference finals against the Kelowna Knights. Although the series was never seemingly in doubt or being choked on the side of the Whalers, this game, and series officially clinched the notion of the Whalers being for real, beside their awful regular season record. It showed they are a team to be feared and one that could easily and potentially win the four star cup (which they eventually did in seven games against the Impact). They ended up winning gam five by a final score of six to three, which showed they had it in the bag the entire time, much like how they had the series in the bag for quite some time.

258 Words

TASK 6
Like all finals, the most essential and focused analysis between two players will always be the two goaltenders, as they are always the players that tend to be the trump cards and main reasons why a team can either win or fail at winning a championship. In the S24 Four Star Cup Finals, we have two very good goaltenders squaring off against one another in Erik Lunqvist, who plays forthe Vancouver Whalers, and Earnest Ciarelli who of course plays for the Montreal Impact.

Earnest Ciarelli finished second among starting goaltenders in the SMJHL in save percentage, with a percentage of 0.885%. He also finished second in goals against average among starting goaltenders, with an average of 2.86. All in all, Ciarelli had a very impressive regular season for the Impact.

In contract, Erik Lunqvist had arguably the worst stats for a starting goaltender in the SMJHL this regular season. He finished last among starting goaltenders in save percentage with a percentage of 0.876%. Furthermore, he also finished last among goaltenders in goals against average, with an average of 3.17. This obviously would make someone believe that this matchup does not bode well for Vancouver one iota, as they are facing one of the best goaltenders in the SMJHL during the regular season, while Montreal gets a bit of a break by facing arguably the worst one, at least in the regular season (of course this did not seem to matter once the finals were finished). It should be interesting to look back and see how things changed so quickly for both teams with these players as they entered the finals. I would preusme off stats alone, Ciarelli will be the trump card.

280 Words

TASK 7 (interview with Schultzy from SHL)

How does it feel to play in the finals?
Every player dreams of being in the Finals. Its what we all work for all year long. To be here so close to the Cup is just affirmation that our hard work and dedication was worth the effort. That we've been doing the right things and executed the right plan.

Your team has overcome a lot since losing three first round draft picks, how do you think Tanner did it?
It wasn't easy but we got through it as a team. We made some big changes and saw some players depart while also seeing our prospects like Nuck, Caboose and Webb step up and become big parts of our lineup. Tanner did a great job bringing in veterans like Perron and Dujardin to secure our blue line which was missing several pieces while also acquiring Muerto and Hauke who are both playing on the top line. Tanner and LV are great GMs because they keep it simple. They recognize a need and make an effort to fill the gap. Over time that builds a pretty strong roster.

Why is Hamilton going to win it all?
Depth. Hamilton is less reliant on a single player than LA is reliant on Weekes to be perfect every game. Hamilton has great scorers like Grosberg on the third line. Underrated Dmen like Nuck and Brumm who are already showing up on the score sheet. Plain and simple, Hamilton has the weapons to win and the chemistry to keep clicking.

(254 words)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Task 1 - Predictions: Completed

Task 2 - Word Scramble: PM'd

Task 3 - Trivia: PM'd

Task 4 - Championship Banner:

[Image: M11W7Rv.png]

Task 5 - Biggest Game:

Both the Hamilton Steelhawks and the Los Angeles Panthers have played huge, key games to get to this point in the post-season. This point being Game 7 of the S24 SHL Challenge Cup Finals! This was obviously the biggest game of the entire season. If anyone argues that there is bigger game of the post-season, then they are mistaken. The Panthers had seemingly dominated the series, but found themselves even due to Hamilton winning all three of their games in overtime.

In Game 7, the Panthers struck first, scoring the first goal just 37 seconds, which was Pylon's 5th of the post-season. Recently acquired Vuro Vlaters evened up the game roughly 5 minutes later though. Arthur Grosberg gave Hamilton the lead in the 2nd period. The 3rd period saw the most action with 3 goals. Valterri Bottas tied it up with a power play goal resulting from Michael Caboose being being kicked out for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The Steelhawks would regain the lead however, with a goal from Janis Krumins. With the game clock winding in the 3rd, Adrian Thomaz was able to tie the game with an assist from Skarsgaard and Pylon. With this one headed to overtime, every SHL fan across the World had their eyes set on how this one would end.

Both teams had plenty of chances in first half of the period, but nothing could get past either goalie. Jigsaw McGraw was sent to box for tripping. On the ensuing power play, the Hamilton Steelhawks ended the game and the series with a goal off the stick of Gabriel DuJardin, his first if the playoffs!! This game was obviously the most important and biggest of any game in the S24 SHL Playoffs, and it ended with the Steelhawks lifting the Challenge Cup!

WC: 296

Written/GFX 6 - Showdown:

[Image: hZLr9jX.png]

Written/GFX 7 - A show of sportsmanship:

[Image: J7YJplL.png]

BONUS - 1 UNCAPPED TPE
Morley from Pedersen

Task 2 - done
Predictions - done
Goal bonus - done
Task 3 - done
[Image: aUk3Ap4.png]
[Image: TElwxT2.png]
[Image: r1BQa1f.png]

Task One: Completed

Task Two: Sent

Task Three: Sent

Task Four: [Image: ukk6sP3.png]

Task Five:

For the Montreal Impact, one game stands out above all the rest - game seven against the Detroit Falcons. Up until that point, every team that won their game had been playing in front of their hometown fans. Detroit had taken the games in Detroit, Montreal had taken the games in Montreal. Many believed that this pattern would hold true in this game as well - after all, the Falcons were the higher seed and had been a favorite in the series from the beginning. But Montreal persevered. Despite having an uphill battle to climb as they had to play in front of thousands of screaming Falcons fans (and the fact that they had previously been down 3-2 and 2-0 in the series), they kept pushing back against the Falcons, and eventually it paid off when the team's star defenseman, Brandon Girard, was thrown out of the game. That one incident in this one game marked the turning point for the Montreal Impact in the S24 SMJHL playoffs, and if they hadn't manage to pull out a win in this game they wouldn't even have made it to the Four Star Cup Finals.

For the Vancouver Whalers, I've gone through all of their games, and really none stand out. I mean, there was never a point in any of the series where it really seemed like they were down for the count. That being said, I'm going to go with game six against the Prince George Firebirds. While it wasn't really notable for any reason other than the fact that it moved them on to round two, it has to be the most important game for that reason. This is a Whalers team that a majority of analysts had already counted out before the playoffs were even close to beginning. But by winning in game six against the Firebirds (and by a score of 4-2, no less) they proved that this was a team that should never be counted out. Nobody would argue that this team is no longer the underdog in any sense of the word, but it is important to note that this game proved the team could go somewhere. The win re-assured both the fans and the players that they had a chance, and that the playoffs could go for anyone. And now, on the eve of game six with the Whalers up 3-2, if they win tonight we can look back on this game and say "Damn. They really were going somewhere after this."

Task Six: [Image: OMoIbeY.jpg]

Task Seven: We decided to sit down with the Hamilton Steelhawks' Jakob Tanner

How do you feel about having to play against Weekes?

Weekes is one hell of a goaltender. He broke several records this season, and it's safe to say that he's going to be one of the very best in the league for a while still. I definitely have a lot of respect for him. But no goalie is perfect, and I have faith in my team. As long as they get some pucks past him, I'm gonna do my damnedest to make sure fewer go past me.

What are the keys to your success that brought you guys this far?

Chemistry. It took a while for us to figure out lines that worked, but when Hauke joined Simons and Muerto up front, they turned into one of the most dangerous lines in the league. But if it was just about the top scorers, I think Minnesota would have given us more of a run for our money. In the end, we just have a solid team. We may not be the best when it comes to individual aspects of the game, but every player does exactly what he needs to do for us to win.

Do you think Hamilton will be able to return to the finals next season?

I can't see any reason why we wouldn't. We have a couple aging veterans, but the majority of our team is young and only just beginning to come into their own. I'm excited for Hamilton's future.

Which SMJHL team do you think will in the Four Star Cup?

I'm gonna have to pull for Montreal, since that was my team in the juniors. Plus, it'd be nice for them to get a Cup win, since they weren't able to with me in net. Maybe the kid they have now will have better luck. What's he call himself, the "Big Eazy"? He's a card, for sure.

Do you plan to build a marble run after the finals are over?

I can neither confirm nor deny plans for an offseason marble run

Thank you Tanner, and best of luck in the playoffs.

Bonus: VLAD McZehrl from Zack Hoover

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Task 1: here it is

Task 2: Sent

Task 3: Same PM as 2, just to save your inbox.

Task 4: [Image: 6jhkd8N.png]

Task 5:I think the biggest game for the Hamilton Steelhawks was game 5 versus Minnesota Chiefs. Come into this game Hamilton was up 3 games to 1, after losing game 4 at home. They knew they had to win and close out the series in this game or they would probably be facing a game 7 on the road. Hamilton was able to overcome the loss in the previous game to shutout Minnesota, 2-0, with goals from both Franklin Trey and Riko Muerto. Both of those goals came in the first period, and Jakob Tanner was able to stop all 25 shots he faced during the game.

For the Los Angeles Panthers I think their biggest game was game 3 versus Texas Renegades. Going into this game Los Angeles lost the first two games of this series, at home. Would Los Angeles were to lose this game, they would be facing the almost impossible, reverse sweep, if they were to win the series. Los Angeles was able to win this game, and go on to knock Texas out in game 7. With goals scored by Brian Morley, Nicholas Pedersen, Jorma Ruutu and Tanner Carter. Back that up with a 19 save performance by Jackson Weekes, and you have a 4-1 Los Angeles Panthers. The Panthers then went on to win game 4, 3-1, game 6, 2-0 and game 7, 4-3, with a 3-2 lost in game 5, to win the series 4-3.

Those two game are what I think were the biggest games for the two finalist in the playoffs, and help solidify their spots in the final.

Task 6:[Image: YLtZ4P6.png]

Task 7:Please note this is a joke and is not meant to be offensive or anything.
[Image: 84O0E2N.png]

Bonus: hi

RIP Mac & 701

Task 1 - Predictions
Done

Task 2 - Word Scramble
PMed

Task 3 - Trivia
PMed

Task 4 - Championship Banner

[Image: BAN.jpg]

Task 5 - Biggest Game

Game 7 against the Renegades was the biggest game for the Panthers. The Panthers swept the Dragons in the Semi-Finals and then they were matched up against the Renegades. The Renegades (which everyone know was riding a lucky streak) I mean they beat the Jets, just how the hell did that happen. The Renegades luck continued and the Panthers quickly fell to 0-2 series disadvantage. The Panthers fought back for the two wins. Game five went to Texas and game six to the Panthers leading to the nail biting game seven.
The Panthers started things off in Game 7 with the first goal of the game by Brian Morley. The Renegades quickly tied things up with a goal from Oliver Pettyfer and then took the lead when Shawn Velevra scored a minute and half later. The Panthers then tied the game at 2-2. Although Oliver Pettyfer would not stand for that and scored to put the Renegades back in the lead. This lead would extend into the third period until Fredrik Wastlund scored for the Panthers. Then with 2:10 left in the third period Yuri Boyka scored and sealed the victory for the Panthers.

The Biggest game for Hamilton Steelhawks, in the playoffs came early in the first round. The Manhattan Rage pushed the Hamilton Steelhawks to a sixth game. Coming into the game the Rage were hoping to bring us down, and push a game 7. Unfortunately for the Rage this would not happen.

As the Steelhawks jumped out to a 1 -0 lead after the first period with a goal from Jānis Krūmiņš. Once the Steelhawks got the lead they never looked back. The second period saw the Hamilton Steelhawks lead grow with additional goal from Vuro Vlaters. The Rage tried to muster up some fight with Simon Palat scoring in the third but the comeback and chemistry was destroyed when the Hamilton Steelhawks’ Rider Clitsome scored. That goal proved to be the nail in the coffin for Manhattan Rage.

Word Count 332

Written/GFX 6 - Showdown

[Image: task6_done.jpg]

Task 7

Vancouver Whales Patrikov Bure

How does it feel to be playing for the Four Star Cup after entering the playoff with the worst record in SMJHL?

I feel good. I never thought we would be in the position at the beginning of the playoffs. What can I say? We came together as a team at just the right time, I just hope I can keep this momentum as I transition into the SHL.

Since you brought up the SHL who will you be rooting for in the Challenge Cup playoffs?

Well, in my heart and soul I will always root for the Jets but considering they have already been eliminated, gee, I don’t know. I guess I will root for the Steelhawks because at least they are not one of the Jets conference rivals.

What do you think is the key to your success during the playoff run?

Timing, we struggled during the regular season finishing 21 and 27. Which never make you feel like you going to do much. Although as soon as the playoffs began everything gelled and we began our run. Hope we can keep this going to lift the Four Star Cup in victory.

BONUS- Pedersen from Morley

Jets norway

Cheers

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius