Create Account

S24 CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Task #1: IN

Task #2: IN

Task #3: IN

Task #4: [Image: soXU4W0.jpg]

Task #5: The biggest game for the Hamilton Steelhawks was undoubtedly the Eastern Conference Finals final game. This was a very important game, and it gave them one of their many final appearances. The Steelhawks took down the stacked and infamous Minnesota Cheifs against all odds. The Cheifs were easily the favourites to win it all, with their roster that GM JayTee was able to put together through a fantastic FA push and a few well made trades. They looked like they had it all, and it really showed through the regular season. But Hamilton proved that chemistry means a lot more than superstars, and their GM Jacob Tanner found the perfect chemistry to pull them ahead and make it to the illusive finals. The momentum this created carried over to the Challenge Cup Finals and it will/has paid off.
Meanwhile in the SMJHL Montreal faced off against the Detroit Falcons. This series went to a close game seven, and each team played their hearts out and really showed they were ready to make the SMJHL finals. Both team had highs and lows through the regular season as well as the playoffs. Both goaltenders played pretty well, despite being pulled. The defense was lacking, which led for a very offensive and exciting series, and the fact that Montreal goalie Earnest Ciarelli got pulled 2 times in the series really does say a lot about the Detroit offense. Overall, the Impact pulled through but most would say it was too close for comfort.

Task #6: Both Montreal and Vancouver have had to fight their way from the 1st round, the conference finals, and finally the finals.
These teams have played fantastically, and their goaltenders have kept them in a lot of close games. For the Montreal Impact, goaltender Earnest Ciarelli has backstopped the team. Ciarelli had a fantastic regular season, with the 2nd higest save percentage and goals against average, all whilst facing the 3rd most shots in the league. Vancouver Whaler goaltender, Erik Lundqvist had a sub par season. This was in no part to the
Vancouver regular season failures, so that being said he did keep Vancouver in the running. Lundquvist has had a pretty solid playoffs leading up to the finals. Ciarelli had a great 1st round, ending the first round with a save percentage above .900 and a shutout (only goalie to do so), however his second round performance was a lot weaker going up against offensive juggernauts Detroit Falcons. Ciarelli had gotten pulled in 2 games and had a very abysmal start, but he did gain his ground later in the series. Both goalies go into this series with similar playoffs stats, so this will be a very decisive series. I believe that unlike the past round both teams will play a lot more defensively, weather it be due to the individual players or the GM's making it clear that the defense need to shore up. I really think this will show in the finals, and we'll see both goalies play exceptionally well.

Task #7:

Sam Samsinov: Hey Earnest, how are ya bud?

Earnest Ciarelli: Hey Sam, glad to be here.

Sam Samsinov: So, this year you were the starter for Montreal. Can you tell me how playing for the team was through out the whole season?

Earnest Ciarelli: Well, for one, the organization as a whole is really classy. Both of the GM's have been kind to us players, and clearly have a great winning mentality. This is exactly what I look for in a team, so I can say I fit in well here. Aside from that, playing with the teammates I play with is a privilege. They put their hearts out on the ice night in and night out, and I am happy to call them teammates.

Sam Samsinov: Thus far in the playoffs you played against the Saint Louis Scarecrows and the Detroit Falcons, both of which beat the Impact in the regular season in terms of points. How were you and your team able to beat them in the post season?

Earnest Ciarelli: We worked together as a team. We didn't let our nerves get us, and we all played our game. Everything went well, we had our scores score, defense stop shots and lay hits, and I stopped pucks. This is going to carry over into the finals for sure.

Sam Samsinov: You were pulled TWICE in the second round, will this happen in the finals?

Earnest Ciarelli: Really, I can't say. I'm going to do everything in my power to stop it from happening, but again, I can't make promises.

Sam Samsinov: Well, that's it for now. Thanks for your time bud, and good luck!

Earnest Ciarell: Alright, and thanks!

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelzĀ  - mikael koskinen

Task 4
[Image: hZYfu3e.png]

And we are done in 60 more seconds. If you are editing or submitting, giver.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]