PM'd.

TASK 3 - TRIVIA
PM'd.

TASK 4 - CHAMPIONSHIP BANNER
[Image: 5avxe9.jpg]

TASK 5 - BIGGEST GAME
Quote:[b]Biggest Game

Steelhawks For the Steelhawks... Game 5 vs. Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs
Hamilton's performance in this series had been, to such point, impressive. After a couple of difficult match ups against the favourites Manhattan Rage, the Steelhawks found themselves up against another team that saw this as a breakout season for its playoff performance: the Minnesota Chiefs. It was supposed to be another leveled challenge, but after the first three games, it seemed the impossible was about to concretise itself, as Hamilton had a 3-0 lead and a possibility for a sweep coming into the finals. That didn't actually happen thanks the Chiefs' strong comeback in a Game 4 that ended 3-2 to the green team. The gap seemed too big to overcome, but some fans would start worrying Hamilton was about to slip, and Game 5 turned out to be a big one for this very reason. It's important to remember Minnesota is a very defensive team... but guess what? They were shut down 2-0. The team's prowess on their own end was shown through a strong performance by Dymo Ranjan, but Tanner was even better for Hamilton and kept Minnesota's scoring to a nill while Franklin Trey, Tyler Stropko, Rider Clitsome, Riko Muerto and Griffin Simons all partook in the team's two points. Not only was this result good enough to end the series, it gave the Hawks plenty of much needed confidence going into the finals.

Panthers For the Panthers... Game 6 vs. Texas Renegades Renegades
The spotlight for the Panthers also lies in their conference finals. However, the story was really different: as opposed to Hamilton's ease in proceeding through this phase, Los Angeles had a very rough start that saw them fall 2-0 in the series, losing both of their initial home games. Interestingly enough, the table turned when we headed to Texas, and the Renegades also lost their two home games, putting the series at 2-2. The next game was arguably the most important of the series, and it saw the Renegades capitalise on a 3-2 victory in LA. This is where Game 6 comes into play: Texas could've sealed the deal here, and they definitely had the momentum and the home advantage. The Panthers would stride one last time not to allow the "Renes" to proceed. And they succeeded; with a 2-0 win. Goals were scored by allstar Brian Morley and Tomas Pylon, with Nicholas Pedersen being involved in the playmaking both times and Brian Morleybeing a secondary assistman the second time. The big star, however, was Jackson Weekes, who continued to ride with consistency and greatness to lead his team to glory another time after an outrageously good regular season. With their hopes up, they went to Game 7 and made it with a 4-3 win into the Challenge Cup finals. [/b]
Word Count: 468.

TASK 6 - SHOWDOWN
Quote:[b]Youth vs. Experience
Will this serve as another showing for the old debate?

As we come closer to finding out who takes the S24 SHL Championship, it seems this year's fight will come down to which team's hero will play best when it truly matters. For the Hamilton Steelhawks, S20 wonder and young star Griffin Simons will have his ability put to the test as the team will need to rely heavily on him and the potential of his youthfullness. At the other side of the ice, the Panthers will be hoping veteran elite forward Brian Morley can continue to perform spectacularly.
Morley might be the veteran of that scenario, but it doesn't mean he''s anywhere close to the downhill of his career. In fact, he's playing in his prime and his value is off the charts, which is easily translated and noticeable in the stats of recent seasons and his involvement with the team management. He was able to get up to 54 points in the season while maintaining a positive plus-minus and playing a great physical game expressed by his 189 hits. One would expect discipline to be his fault, but at 69 PIM, it's difficult to argue he's got a problem with that. Past performances include an astounding +60 points game in S22.
Griffin Simons, in the other hand, hasn't enoyed much relevance in the past. Although he's a fan favourite in Hamilton, staying behind other more experienced and productive players such as Magnus Jakobsen and Joe McKeil kept him away from the spotlights in previous seasons, which can't be said about his S24 performance. He was able to outscore Morley 55 to 54 in points (good for a top 5 finish in the league wide scoring leaderboards and atop his team's) and an astounding 21 to 2 in plus-minus. He definitely lacks the physicality of Brian, but for a player as young as this, there's plenty of time to work on that. For now, the Steelhawks just need him to bring home his 10/10 offensive game.[/b]
Word Count: 341.

TASK 7 - A SHOW OF SPORTSMANSHIP
Quote:[b]1) How big of a role do you think your player has taken for the Whalers to reach the finals?
I've been very productive, contributing in both the goal and assist categories. Obviously nothing to the magnitude of a McZehrl or Bure, but I've contributed and helped my team move on, and that's all I could ever ask for.

2) What would you say were the decisive factors for the big turnaround for the Whalers? In other words, what do you think turned you guys from regular season chumps to playoff contenders?
It would have to be the re-tooling of the lines. We moved some guys around in all areas. 5v5 lines, PP, and PK were all re-assessed and we were able to find the right lines that get the job done.

3) What is your favourite aspect about the SMJHL?
Has to be the high level of competition and the atmosphere. Everyone is very driven to be the best, and we all feed off of each other's hunger. Whether it's someone on the Knights, or Impact, or Falcons, whoever, you're always trying to be better than the next guy. It makes it exciting night in and night out to get on the ice and compete.

4) Thoughts on the work new Vancouver management has done all year?
It was a bit of a rocky start, but it's really gotten better over the course of the season. Obviously JHS is a bit inexperienced, but he never got down on us or himself. He's stuck with us, and his addition of Originsz has really paid off both on the ice, and off.

5) If you had to switch your position (F <--> D), what areas of your game you believe would need most improvement and how would you work towards that?
I'd need to work on my strength and my defense. I'm mostly an offensive minded player, and to switch to defender would require me to change my game 180 degrees. It takes great discipline, strength, and awareness to play defense, and those are areas that would take a lot of work.[/b]
Word Count: 350.

BONUS PREDICTION
Riko Muerto scores game winning goal off Griffin Simons' assist.

1. Done http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1484420

2. PM sent

3. PM sent

5. Having waited until the bitter end to complete this assignment has had the advantage of making the answer rather obvious. By far the most important game of the season for the Hamilton Steelhawks had to be game seven of the finals. Hamilton had the daunting task of going on the road into Los Angeles and facing the rabid Panthers fan-base in all their glory.

The game got off to a quick start with Tomas Pylon lighting the lamp only thirty seven seconds into the first period. Fortunately for the Steelhawks Vuro Valters had nerves of steel (pun intended) and tied things up and quieted the crown five minutes later.

The second period saw Hamilton take a lead when Arthur Grossberg snaked one past Weekes to put the Hawks up two to one, sending the fans on their beer and bathroom runs between periods with some long and dour faces.

The third period saw the most scoring as first Bottas for LA tied things up on the power play. Soon thereafter the two teams exchanged goals from Janis Krumins and Adrian Thomas respectively, Thomas's game tying goal coming with less than a minute in regulation.

Going into overtime the feel in the building was electric. The two teams fought evenly and well for over fourteen minutes until Dujardin managed to put the biscuit in the basket, once again on the power play, thereby bringing home the cup to Hamilton and elating the Steelhawks fans.

You simply cannot have a bigger game than a game seven in the finals on the road. To have said game go into overtime is all any casual fan could ever ask for. This was excitement captured in its purest form.

6. There were a lot of great players competing in this years finals. Choosing two to focus on was no easy task. I have decided to break down the playoff performances of Brian Morley of the Los Angeles Panthers and Riko Muerto of the Hamilton Steelhawks.

Anyone involved in this league is well aware of Brian Morley and his exploits. He has been dominant, especially in terms of scoring, for quite a while. After another great regular season he carried it right into the playoffs. The Panthers have a lot of great offensive players. However, none could quite match the pace of this prime superstar. Morley scored seven goals to go along with fifteen assists in this years playoffs. He was the engine that drove an incredibly successful run. His impact was felt beyond just scoring though. He also racked up twenty seven pims and dished out an incredible and league leading sixty hits in the postseason alone. Few players for any team can match the kind of physicality shown by Morley. He will beat you any way he can and take any kind of positive impact on a game he can get. Allof the above was accomplished in just eighteen games, which is quite frankly incredible.

Brian Morley and his Panthers did not come away with a title though. That dream was reserved for Riko Muerto and the Steelhawks. Riko Muerto is a legend in this league. Like all good legends this one had a grand finale. Riko had a playoff run for the ages. He led the league with a whopping eleven playoff goals. He threw in an additional eleven assists in a perfectly balanced offensive game. The versatile Muerto also won his face-offs at an impressive 54.62%. Like Morley, Muerto brings a physical presence to the ice as well. He led the league in the postseason with sixty six pims. Riko was Mr. Clutch with three game winners in the playoffs en route to the title.

This was a true clash of the titans, but as with all such battles for the ages, only one could ultimately prevail. Riko Muerto and The Hamilton Steelhawks triumphed this year and got to raise the cup high. One guesses Morley will be waiting next season to try and spoil any repeat dreams.

Bonus: done http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1493423

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Task 1 (1 TPE + .5 TPE for each correct) - Predictions

SHL Predictions

Task 2(2 TPE) - Word Scramble

Pm'd

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Pm'd

Task 4(3 TPE) - Championship Banner

Create the S24 Championship Banner(Like at the top of the site) For the team you think will win

Task 5(3 TPE) - Biggest Game

I would say the biggest thus far for the Los Angeles Panthers has been probably against the Texas Renegades in game 7. I say this because the series has been quite a battle for a long time, Texas went up 2-0 and Panthers were struggling to find anything those two home games. They went on the road which is very tough to do and won two huge games to tie the series up. This was a huge game 5 for both teams and if either team won they would probably have the greatest chance to win the series and Texas showed that with a lucky bounce to win it in overtime. Game 6 was a do or die moment for them as they went on to shut down the Texas Renegades and win. Game 7 was the biggest game for them just because for all they went through, struggling in the beginning of the season, then going on to be the first in the West, a really good battle win the Renegades back and forth to take you into the finals. Game 7 is important for everyone, it’s a do or die moment and Panthers already been in that situation in game 6 where they went on to win it. Game 7 started off with a goal by the Renegades to start the game, Panthers scored a goal to tie it, and then went on to Renegades to score once again to make it 2-1. Panthers tied the game at 2-2, then Renegades scored another goal which looked like to be the dagger going into the 3rd period as FourFour was looking sharp but Panthers didn’t give up here as they score two huge goals in the fourth to win a game 7 to take them into the finals. This was the most important game for them this season.

Quote:309 words

Written/GFX 6 (3 TPE) - Showdown

Jakob Tanner: 11 GP, 8 W, 2 L, 1 OTL, 0.915%, 2.49 GAA
Jackson Weekes: 11 GP, 8 W, 2 L, 1 OTL, 0.926%, 1.91 GAA

Jakob Tanner and Jackson Weekes have had an amazing run these playoffs to say, one for the ages by Jackson Weekes but he has it easy in the first round playing against the weak Calgary Dragons who are inexperienced and have nothing to compete with. This was an easy run for the Panthers and Weekes had it easy but he allowed 7 goals in 4 games to sweep them which are a 1.75 GAA. This is where Weekes got tested the most he is playing a hard fought Texas who know what success is like and show no character but Weekes got the best in the end. He started off rough in the beginning but picked it up a lot after game 2 horrific win by the Renegades either way he allowed 15 goals in 7 games which puts him 2.14 GAA which is outstanding. Jackson Weekes ends up with 8 wins, 2 losses, 1 overtime loss with a 0.926% and 1.91 GAA which is something to be proud of right now but there is a lot more work to do by this man. While Tanner I believe has gone through a lot this playoff run he hasn’t faced a team like the Dragons but as played two great teams in Manhattan and the Chiefs. Manhattan didn’t have the best regular season but really show up when it matters in the playoffs and the Chiefs had a powerful team which they were stacked but couldn’t deliver in the end. Tanner has the same amount of wins, losses and overtime losses but his PCT is 0.915% which isn’t really that bad it is amazing and has a 2.49 GAA which is decent but he has played the Chiefs and the Rage. In the end I believe Tanner will have his way in the playoffs just because of the competition he has already faced.

Quote:338 words

Written/GFX 7 (3 TPE) - A show of sportsmanship

Interview Allen (From Whalers)

1. You guys have been counted out from the start of the season, how does it feel to be make this far?

It feels fantastic. Obviously we came down to earth during the regular season and really had to struggle to put forth a unified effort. To see it all come together at the end of the regular season like this is really something special. I feel like a million bucks, to have the spotlight on this team, and the city of Vancouver is really something special.

2. Lose or win this SMJHL finals do you think you guys have accomplished something that will be known for years in the SMJHL history?

What we've done this season has been remarkable. When you look at what we've done, coming from the bottom to the league, you can see that we've done something special making it to the Four Star Cup finals. If we win, we'll be the winningest franchise in SMJHL history. If not, we have a hell of a story to tell the grandkids.

3. Who do you think will be the main factor for the Montreal Impact?

Probably Buster Killington. He's been the backbone of the Impact and has really embodied the Impacts mentality of pounding the body. He's a great power forward who has soft hands and can really impose his physical style of play.

4. As an individual what do you think you need to do as a player yourself and as a team to get 4 more wins?

Put up points. As a second line player, I need to do everything I can to not lose the puck, find my open teammates, and score whenever I have a good shot opportunity. I don't think there's any one thing in particular I'll need to do. If I can play a well-rounded, team first game, then there's no reason for me to think we will lose.

5. What have you learned so far in the SMJHL?

I've learned that chemistry plays a more important role than any one players ability. We shuffled the lines before the playoffs and were the hottest team in the last 20 games of the season. Obviously, you can have a team full of talented players individually, but if they don't play well as a cohesive unit, they will not be successful. JHS and Originsz have done a great job of finding guys who mesh well, and that has led us to our current level of success.

Quote:413 words

BONUS - 1 UNCAPPED TPE
Who scores the cup winning goal in your league and who has the primary assist (MUST HAVE BOTH)

Adrian Thomaz (Wastlund)

Task 1

Done
I did this way before CW, thinking it was not going to be a part of CW and a regular PT instead, so hopefully it's okay that I did the SHL one not the SMJHL one.

Task 2

PM sent.

Task 3

PM sent.

Task 4

[Image: oaohdx.png]
For the record, I put it in a lot more time into the background and struggled a lot with the renders, but I think it still turned out well...much better than my previous ones at least!

Task 5

The Vancouver Whalers biggest game of the playoffs is a bit of a strange one, in the sense that it isn't necessarily a huge win but it is a statement making game. That game is the 1st game of the SMJHL playoffs, the Vancouver Whalers vs. the Price George Firebirds, game 1. Vancouver would go on to win the game by a score of 4-3, and while the playoff victory was important what was even more important was the fact that Vancouver showed they could compete in the playoffs and that they're carrying their hot streak from the tail end of the regular season with them. From that game they went on to defeat the Firebirds 4-2 in the series and dominate the Knights defeating them in 5 games on their way to the Four Star Cup Final.

The Montreal Impact's biggest game of the playoffs is a little bit more traditional, than the Vancouver Whalers's one, if you will. Their biggest game is also their latest one, the Montreal Impact vs. the Detroit Falcons, game 7 in the 2nd round. Not only was the pressure on the Impact to prove that they're not the weak team that people made them out to be, they were on the road in Detroit's building facing a veteran filled Detroit squad. But, just like they've done all playoffs, the Impact managed to defeat the odds and went on to defeat Detroit by a score of 6-4, sending the Impact to the Four Star Cup Final.

Task 6

[Image: 33nuhpu.png]

Task 7

Erik Lundqvist (SMJHL - Whalers) interview Nicholas Pedersen (SHL - Panthers).

Interview How does it feel to come out on top against the Renegades in a hard fought, 7 game, series?

Pedersen: Beating the Renegades was a high point of my young SHL career. Texas eliminated the Panthers in the first round my first seasons in the league, so it was very personally satisfying to knock them out, because when they defeated us in S21 they were less than gracious in victory, to say the least.

Interview The Panthers have been here before, most recently in S22, but lost out on the Cup. What needs to be done differently this time around to ensure a Challenge Cup win?

Pedersen: Honestly, not that much needs to be done differently. We lost in 7 games to a good Manhattan squad, left it all out on the ice, and the better team won that night. We were such a young team, it was really shocking to most in the league that we were in that position in the first place. It's two season's later, we have a core group of players that have actively been improving over that time, to go along with a goalie, that has really exploded into the best net minder in the league. In S22, we were facing a veteran team, this year, we are the veteran team that has been here before, has suffered through humiliation from losing in the 1st round last year after winning the President's Trophy, come back and won the Presidents Trophy again, and now are on a roll to win the whole f@*&ing thing.

Interview How do you feel about the Steelhawks as your opponent?

Pedersen: The Steelhawks are a good team, otherwise they would not be playing for the Challenge Cup. But I feel confident in the Panthers ability to contain Hamilton's top line, who has been carrying them throughout the playoffs. Without Simons heroics in game 4 in the first round against Manhattan, the Steelhawks would not be playing for the Cup. He's a great player, however, I feel that we have the tools necessary to keep him and his linemates from lighting up the scoreboard. Playing on the same line with Jackson Hauke for three seasons(2 years in Detroit, and our Rookie Year in LA), we know how much of a disturbing force he can be, but I feel we have the advantage in the matchup with them throughout the lineup. Add in the fact we have the best goalie on the planet, who is playing even better than he did during his record setting SHL regular season. I like the Panthers chances on hoisting the Cup.

BONUS

Goal scored by Patrikov Bure, primary assist by Vlad McZehrl.

Done

PM'd.

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

PM'd.

[Image: 3sEx1EV.jpg]

Hamilton Steelhawks
The biggest win for the Hamilton Steelhawks, I think has to be their 4-3 victory in Game 3 over the Minnesota Chiefs. This win was a very important one which gave them the commanding 3-0 lead in the Eastern Conference Finals.Hamilton's Riko Muerto scored a hat trick in this game and added an assist with an impressive 8 shots, solidifying himself as a superior playoff performer and someone that any team has to watch on the ice in the post-season. Although, one would have to argue that Muerto is already an unbelievable player, but scoring a hat trick in a big and important Conference Finals game gave the Steelhawks the 3-0 lead and made them the clear favourite to head to the finals.

Los Angeles Panthers
The Los Angeles Panthers have had some thrilling games in the playoffs, and headed into the post-season as one of the favourites to win it all. LA swept the Calgary Dragons in 4 games, and went on to face the big Texas Renegades. Against the Renegades in Game 7 is the game that I believe was their biggest one. The game went back and forth with Texas coming out of the 1st period with a 2-1 lead, and out of the 2nd with a 3-2 lead. It was the 3rd periodwhere LA proved to be clutch. In the 3rd late in the game, Los Angeles got a PP goal by Fredrik Wastlund at 15:32, took that momentum and rode with it. At the 17:49 mark of the 3rd with just over 2 minutes left, LA's Yuri Boyka scored his 6th of the playoffs to give the Panthers the 4-3 lead and shocked the Texas Renegades, who had never trailed in the game until that point.

[Image: 3lIf6W8.jpg]

[Image: rqPcBQu.jpg]

BONUS - 1 CAPPED TPE
Posted in thread. Simons from Muerto.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

Task 1 - Done
Task 2 - Done
Task 3 - Done
Task 4 -
[Image: UMkB5jN.jpg]
Task 5 -
The biggest game for both the Los Angeles Panthers and the Hamilton Steelhawks during the S24 Simulation Hockey League playoffs was obviously Game 7 of the Challenge Cup Finals. The teams had fought a long hard 6 games prior and both had won 3. Los Angeles always seemed the better team, but the resilient Steelhawks stayed in the series, winning a game 6 where they were on the brink of elimination. Game 7 was a classic that will go down in the SHL history books. Just 37 seconds into the game, Pylon scored to give the Panthers the early lead. With star goaltender Jackson Weekes in net, the Panthers fans were felling confident. But Hamilton would score the next two before LA tied it up in the third. Then, with less than five minutes to go, Krumins gave the Steelhawks the go-ahead goal. The Hawks were on the brink of winning the Challenge Cup. The minutes ticked by and the Weekes was pulled. Then Adrian Thomaz, in his last game as a Panther, scores to tie up the game with less than a minute remaining, forcing OT. Overtime in game 7. A stage where legends are born. As it turns out, it was an unlikely hero who scored. On the PP, Gabriel DuJardin, a depth defenseman who had bounced from team to team, scored the Challenge Cup winning goal. This was only the second cup for the Hamilton Steelhawks, their only other cup won in S11. For the Los Angeles Panthers, it was another dissapointing end to a very promising season. This marked the second time in the past three seasons they had bowed out in game 7 of the finals.
Task 6 -
[Image: s1zN6lD.jpg]
Task 7
[Image: yEUeblD.jpg]

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

1. http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1487522

2. Sent
3. Sent

4. screw graphics

5. I don't believe there was one single game that was the biggest for us in this playoff run. Every game was close, and every single game was a hard fought victory. We never rolled over, and neither did any of our competitors. I think some of the coolest games came in our last series against the Panthers. Winning four out of four consecutive overtime wins was a thing I will forever remember about that series. It's one thing to win a single playoff game in overtime, but to do it four times in a row, in the Challenge Cup Finals, it is something to remember, and I don't believe we've seen it before, nor will we ever see it again. The entire team stepped their game up when it came to crunch time, and we were able to find the success that everyone else wish they could claim to have. From Simons to Tanner to Caboose to our Dujardin, everyone played their best.

I will tell you what the worse game was though. Our blowout loss against the Panthers in the finals. I thought that was going to be the turning point for them. After a hard fought loss in Game one they bounced back and stepped on our throats. That goes to show how strong of a team Hamilton is because any other team would roll over and let the Panthers have their way with them. Los angeles is a hell of a team, and they have a huge future ahead.

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1484063

Done

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Done

[Image: ANYjcdd.jpg]

The biggest game so far for the Panthers have to be Game 7 against the Renegades. They were down 3-2 in the series and then coming off a perfect road win in Texas where the shut them out 2-0 to tie the series up and force a game 7 at home they came through in the clutch in a closely contested game where it could have gone either way. The Panthers dug deep and proved themselves as the team that wanted it more as they came out in a 4-3 victory at home to head to the finals.

It's harder to pick out the biggest game for the Steelhawks as they've managed to dispatch their opponents in 6 and 5 games each. It took them 6 games to finish off the Rage and 5 for the highly touted Chiefs but I would say game 1 of the playoffs would have been the biggest for them. Game 1 against the Rage had a high scoring game where both teams couldn't manage to shut the other down and the game broke down into who could score the last goal. Hamilton ended up coming on top with a 7-5 win and that may have set the tone for the rest of the series. They went on to lose 2 games to the Rage but cleaned up with 3 wins a row. But that may be making light of a much closer series than the stats show as 3 of the games went to OT and could have went either way.

Riko Muerto along with Griffin Simons have been the heroes for the Steelhawks this playoffs. Muerto has scored two hattricks thus far and 3 game winners to go with his 20 points in 15 games. The duo have connected on most of their goals and have been on fire as no team has managed to find a solution to shut them down. We'll see if the Panthers can manage to do what others haven't and limit their offensive firepower. Muerto and Simons are definitely the keys to the Steelhawks success and will have to continue stepping it up if they want to bring home the Cup.

The Panthers are no slouch in the scoring department either as Pedersen and Morley have both put up 20 in 15 games as well with Boyka and Thomaz close behind. Morley has always been the offensive leader of the team but Pedersen has been a pleasant surprise as he's really come into stardom and he will have to continue what he's been doing this season and post season if the Panthers look to go all the way and win the Cup. But the most important cog of the Panthers has to be Weekes. Championship teams are built from the goal line out and the Panthers are an example of this as Weekes has been their Carey Price this season. He's stood on his head and his .917 SV% and 2.02 GAA as well as his 2 SO attest to that. Weekes will be heading against the younger Tanner who has been on the rise after his one stand out playoffs where he almost single handed-ly brought Texas's 3-peat to an end but ultimately couldn't carry his team. With a few more seasons of experience under his belt he looks to be a challenge for Weekes to out perform this series.

[Image: lBKaWF4.png]

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Task 1
Done- SMJHL

Task 2
PM Sent

Task 3
PM sent

Task 4
[Image: drixI5S.jpg]
^This is why I don't do graphics :lol:

Task 5
Biggest Game for Montreal:
It has to be game 7 in the East Finals against the Falcons. Both teams were undefeated at home, which gave Detroit the advantage going into this game being the higher seed. Montreal seemed to be on the cusp of being eliminated, losing 3-1 near the end of the second period. However, Brandon Girard received a game misconduct for unsportsmanlike play, giving the Impact a 5 minute powerplay. Montreal scored two goals off of this to tie the game at 3-3. The Falcons quickly found another goal though, with Ray Pejonis scoring to give the Falcons the lead again. Detroit went into full defensive mode looking to shut down the Impact's offense, but this seemed to come back to haunt them as the Impact responded with 3 goals to give them the 6-4 win, punching their ticket to the SMJHL finals.

Biggest Game for Vancouver:
Game 6 vs the Firebirds. If the Whalers lost this game, who knows what would have happened in Game 7. Prince George had home ice advantage, and their fans would have pushed them up another notch because of their intensity. However, the Whalers came out strong in Game 6, and didn't let Prince George gain any momentum in the game. The score might have seemed close at 4-2, but the real story of the game was Vancouver's domination of the Firebirds. The last placed team in the regular season shocked the league by putting the Firebirds season to an end, and moving onto the Western Finals of the Four Star Cup playoffs.

(253 Words)

Task 6
The Whalers and Impacts offense will be on show in the Four Star Cup Finals. The biggest star on the Impact is center Evandrus Jesster, who is projected by many to go first overall in the upcoming SHL draft. He is the leader of Montreal, and was their leading point scorer in the regular season. He has continued this success into the playoffs, scoring 9 points in 11 games so far. He will be a constant threat to score, so Vancouver will have to keep their top pairing defensemen out on the ice whenever Jesster is out there, if they wan't to avoid Evandrus lighting them up. On the Whalers side, Vlad McZehrl is the first line right winger for Vancouver, and the leading scorer so far for Vancouver this post season. He has put up an impressive 15 points in 11 games, which is good for first in the SMJHL for points. He has been one of the main reasons why the Whalers have turned it around after their dreadful regular season to make it to the Four Star Cup Finals. Both of these players are on the same elite tier for SMJHL forwards, however McZehrl has had the most impressive playoffs so far out of the two. If Jesster and the Impact want to win the Four Star Cup, he must do his part to help outscore McZ on the Whalers side. I expect both of these players to have a large impact in the finals, but I expect McZ to be shut down by the powerful Montreal defense, and Jesster to shine in the series to bring the Impact towards the Four Star Cup.

(277 Words)

Task 7

Interview with Los Angeles' Chris Johnson

What do you think it will take to beat Hamilton in the finals?
We need to have an amazing goalkeeper game, the same as Jackson has played all season long. We then we need to make sure that their two best players right now, Simons and Grifin, can't play their gaem. I am sure that our first line can handle them. Also they have an awesome goalkeeper and if we can do all this than I am sure we will win.

What would you say has been the most important part of your teams success this season?
I think our succes now is that we play like a team. Our lines have improved a lot since last time when we were in the finals and Weekes been awesome for these last two seasons. But most of all I think it is Weekes who showed his best and is constantly good trough seasons and play offs.

Who would you say has been the Panthers MVP so far this playoffs?
I can't decide between Pedersen and Weekes. Pedersen showed awesome game trough these play offs and he has been huge part of our team. Well and Jackson is Jackson who is just best goalkeeper in league right now. Because of Jackson awesome game we won Renegades from 0:2 series. One of them for sure.

BONUS
Flacko from Jesster

Task 1: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=56559&st=56

Task 2: PM Sent

Task 3: PM Sent

Bonus: Carter (Ruutu)

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Task 1-3: Done

Task 4:

[Image: qPRrK1Y.jpg?1]

Task 5:

The biggest game for LA on their long road to the cup was certainly game 6 versus Texas, when Texas held a 3-2 lead over Los Angeles and had the opportunity to end the series that night. And it is no coincidence that the Panthers played their best game of the playoffs that night. It started with a fight between Thomaz and Horvat only a minute into the game. They fought to a draw but the crowed was fired up along with Los Angeles' bench. They striked quickly and with force, scoring 11 minutes into the first period with a goal from Morley, his fourth of the playoffs and assisted by Pedersen. At 16:57, Jim Lahey was called for an interference minor and sent the Panthers onto the powerplay. It took them approximately 22 seconds to score, with a goal from Pylon. Pedersen and Morley both assisted on the goal and gained their second point of the night. They would go on to be the third and second star of the game. Morley's goal also proved to be the game winning goal, as Texas was shut out by Jackson Weekes (easily the best goaltender of the season). Texas had seven powerplay opportunities, and the Panther's penalty kill was able to kill every single chance off with ease. Texas finished with 29 shots, outshooting LA 29-21, but Weekes saved all 29 shots and the final score for this game was 2-0. Los Angeles used the momentum from this shutout to beat Texas in game 7 and move on to face Hamilton in the finals, but it all couldn't have happened without winning that crucial game 6.

Code:
276 Words

Task 6:
Jakob Tanner vs. Jackson Weekes

Tanner and Weekes are each superstar goaltenders and have been absolutely crucial to their team's success not only in the regular season, but in their road through the playoffs to the cup. However, Weekes is clearly more vital to Los Angeles' success and plays a larger role for his team than Tanner does for the Steelhawks. Truth be told, no goalie has been on the same level as Weekes this season. Weekes had more wins than any other goalie, proving his team relied on him to win. Another crazy statistic is his shutouts, with 7 shutouts on the season. Tanner had 2 shutouts in the same amount of games played. That means in those 7 games Weekes' teammates only needed to find a way to score one goal and they would win the game. Nothing can have a bigger positive impact on an SHL team than shutting out another team. Weekes ultimately dominated the league, not only leading the league in shutouts and wins as mentioned before, he also led the league in goals against average and save percentage. He was the only goaltender to allow an average of less than 2 goals this season, and had a save percentage of nearly 93%. His regular season success has definitely carried over into the playoffs. The biggest game of the season and the playoffs for the Panthers was only won because Weekes was in net. Game 6 against Texas in the conference finals, Texas had a 3-2 lead and a chance to take the series but Weekes was able to record another shutout. While Tanner is one of the more impressive goaltenders in the league, nobody is near Weekes' skill this season.

Task 7:

Interview with Montreal's Star Defender, Jack Burton

Are you happy with how you've played for Montreal so far in the playoffs?

Definitely happy with my individual performance, but honestly this team is something special. With flacko, jesster, welch, liddy, and everyone else in the room, we don't make it through round 1.

How much of an impact will Burton have on the finals?

I'm hoping to be a big reason that we win it all, for sure. Everyone dreams of being the hero, but I actually have experience, unlike everyone else. I will bring my physical game, get in front of some shots, and maybe even put up some more points.

Finally, who wins the cup and why?

It's gotta be us. We have the depth, we fought through some challenges, and I refuse to lose this opportunity. I'm looking forward to proving myself.

Task Bonus: Pedersen assisted by Bottas

Task 1: Done

Task 2: PM'd

Task 3: PM'd

Task 4: Don't do graphics.

Task 5: Since I'm doing this post-championship, I'm just going to recap how everything went down. Three of the four VAN wins were in OT, and MTL held a lead in the last few games - sometimes deep into the 3rd period. The Cup-clinching Game 6 was a classic example of how the series was going for the Impact. Rookie Geoffrey Allen led off the scoring against Ciarelli early in the 1st. Montreal managed to claw back with a PP goal from Evandrus Jesster, thanks to Eichel Jordan's (and most of the rookie defenders'Wink lack of discipline. The Impact carried that momentum into the 2nd period, when Jack Burton and Lord Pretty Flacko scored within 4 minutes of each other. Most of us on the Impact at that point were anticipating a Game 7. We knew we had it in us as a team, and even though Ciarelli wasn't having the best game that day, we were managing to block a few shots AND get some on net. Then emerged clutch performer Patrikov Bure. He was having a great playoffs with his new name, and not only did he put in a goal at the end of the 2nd to bring it within 1, but he scored the TYING goal with just THREE MINUTES LEFT to send it to overtime! After a hard fought overtime, with everyone on their feet for 11 minutes of furious overtime play, Uptuck put in the game-winner with help from nephew-of-legend VLAD McZ. What a fitting end to all of the hype and vengeance that led into the series. The come-from-nowhere, post-draft-acquired rooks in Vancouver shut down the improbable proper Montreal men. Wink

Task 6: You could look at this series from multiple angles to try to find a key matchup, but since this is the SMJHL, it rarely comes down to one player; I'm thinking a huge line match-up. On the 2nd line, VAN's Bure--Durden--Allen won the battle by far over Flacko--Mack--Falk over the course of 6 games. Bure and Allen combined for 41 points in the playoffs, and that trend didn't change in the Four Star Cup. Montreal's 2nd line full of rookies combined for 33 - all three of them! If I had to pick one player from those 6, I'd choose Patrikov Bure - clearly because he's the only veteran of those players. That was a very smart coaching decision, and the line chemistry is perfect. The huge TPE advantage is one thing, but without line chemistry, we wouldn't see nearly as much production from Allen and Durden. In any case, their draft stock has dramatically increased thanks to Russia's newest conversion. Since Bure is in the left wing position on VAN's 2nd line, let's take a look at Lord Pretty Flacko, his exact counterpart. Flacko is an amazing rookie, and will definitely go top 5 in the upcoming entry draft, but a rookie is still a rookie compared to an early pick in last year's draft. Pretty Flacko did all he could, with some clutch goals and assists right when it counted. The overall production of Bure, though -- and the way he could more easily make plays for his linemates -- puts the battle in his favor.

Task 7: I interviewed Griffon Simons of the Hamilton Steelhawks!
1. With 55 points, you led the team with huge offensive power. Do you think you can continue your success in the championship?
In the first couple rounds, I contributed to the success of the team pretty well. Riko Muerto and I had a real thing going on out there. I assisted almost all of his goals, and came into the championships with a pretty high point count. But I just can't seem to do anything in this series. LA has found a way to shut down me and Riko, and, quite frankly, it's kind of pissing me off. I can't get anything done out there!

2. What about Los Angeles' lineup do you think will pose the biggest problem?
One word: Weekes. He's been un-fucking-stoppable through the entire playoffs, and regular season.He is basically a brick wall. We need to find a way to get him off of his game and find a way to put some pucks in the back of the net.

3. Jakob Tanner has been bailing you guys out of games left and right. What do you have to do to take the pressure off him?
We really need to shape up defensively. That is how we've won games against the Panthers in this series. We really pack down on defence, and keep the game close. We've really found a way to come up in the clutch in overtime, and hopefully it stays that way.

4. Your Montreal Impact are in the championship, too. Do the Challenge Cup and Four Star Cup feel different to you? Why or why not?
Not all that different, actually. I'm really rooting for both teams to come out on top, and I would be ecstatic if that were to happen. In the Challenge Cup Finals, it's me out there battling for the Cup. I then use my experience out ther, and bring it to my Junior players, which betters their play.

BONUS - Killington from Wagner!

[Image: OaSEcaw]

SHL - Done

Sent

Task 3(2 TPE) - Trivia

Sent

Working on the rest

Create the S24 Championship Banner(Like at the top of the site) For the team you think will win

250 words min.

What has been the biggest game so far for each team in the playoffs?

Choose to do either a graphic, or written for this task

For graphics , create a poster (750 x 200) advertizing two players opposite one another on the lines.

For writing, 250 words, compare them and who will be more vital to his teams success.

Choose to do either a graphic, or written for this task

Graphics - Make a signature, either serious or joking (don't be a dick http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/default/wink.png) for someone on the opposite team.

Written - Conduct an interview of at least three questions with a member of any team in the finals, standard will be two points, the third point will be for cross league interviews (SHL interviewing a junior and vice versa)

BONUS - 1 CAPPED TPE
McZehrl - Taylor, Hoover

1. done

2. Sent

BONUS : Rider Clitsome from Bubba Nuck

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

task 1 - Predictions: done

task 2 - Word Scramble: pm sent

task 3 - Trivia: pm sent

task 4 - Championship Banner:
[Image: I6ao13P.jpg]

task 5 - Biggest Game:
I believe the biggest game for either team was when the successfully eliminated the #1 seed in their respective division and earned a berth in the four star cup finals. The Vancouver Whalers, despite entering the playoffs on a 7-2-1 clip in their last 10, had many doubters. Many predictions had them losing to the Firebirds in round 1, but even more had them losing to the Knights in round 2. Yet despite the odds, not only did they win, but they absolute crushed the Knights in as little as 5 games :(. The exclamation point was the huge 6-3 win in game 5 that earned them their ticket to the finals and I believe that was the biggest game for them (so far). If that same Whalers team can show up in the finals I’d peg them as early favorites. Much like the Vancouver Whalers, the Montreal Impact also had many doubters. Coming in to the playoffs as the 3rd and final seed of a stronger eastern conference many pegged them for an early exit. They got past the Scarecrows in round 1, but it was the game 7 win against the Falcons that really stands out. They proved they were the beast in the east by not only beating the #1 eastern team in a best of 7, but the #1 team in the league. That game 7 win earned them their berth in the finals and I imagine they will be riding a big wave of confidence going in to their best of 7 with the Vancouver Whalers.

task 6 - Showdown:
[Image: iHLiEah.jpg]

task 7 - Sportsmanship:
[Image: TsxSj2h.jpg]

task 8 - Bonus: Jesster from Lidstrom

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride