Create Account

The First S24 Challenge Cup Champ Presser super stoked boys!

First and foremost I want to thank all the friends that I have made in this league! You guys are all truly fucking awesome - as is this website as a whole. I can't wait to see all my friends succeed and feel the joy I have.

When it first became a reality that I was getting up, and Hamilton won the Eastern Conference. The cup was in arms reach at first I kind of felt like it would be a "cheap cup" because I hadn't played any regular season games in the SHL. Then I thought "No, Fuck that" Hamilton has quickly became my home all the players are good shit, and helpful as fuck. Most importantly it shows that Hamilton is a team that can win cups, and attract free agents.

Leave Questions below and lastly!

GO STEELHAWKS!!!!!!!!
Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks Steelhawks

Interview Who will be the next S24 Player to win a cup?

Brandon Girard is my homer answer, he should have been up with me this year but due to updates there wasn't really a spot to bring him up. He was a great sport about it and that's why he's became my brother in this league. My day with the cup is his, day with the cup.

Interview Do you think it will be a Whaler after their cup win?

Yes, definitely I think Toronto and Calgary are on the up swing and both have Whalers Ballard (Toronto) and Chris McZehrl (Calgary). Toronto has a lot of talent, a great GM, they are definitely trending upward. Calgary has a ton of talent, and a lot of my personal friends.

Interview How does it feel stepping into SHL action right away without having any games to get your bearings straight?

I mean you could see the struggle in the MIN series as I threw up a bunch of zeros. The speed and talent in the league is even more immense than I had previously thought. I thought I had a decent series in the finals, I averaged almost .5 PPG , and had an even +/-. I think I showed I deserved to be called up as I was able to hold my own.

Interview Do you have any plans for celebrating with the cup?

I plan on getting the cup delivered to San Jose, California where my friends and family will than get on a private jet and fly to PGF. In PGF we will have a huge party, that will end with a party at Girards new house in Hamilton.

Interview Any words for the losing team?

Not really, most of them are strangers to me. Bottas is a monster OFD so I was studying his game. It was a great series and an even better game 7!

Interview Now that you have done it, do you see more players interested in going up to the big league if they miss the playoffs in hopes of winning a cup?

The short answer is No. You of all people know how strong a bond is built in a SMJHL LR. I wanted that 4 star cup, and I know others will as well, the SHL is a different monster than the SMJHL. That being said I'm glad I got the chance to come up and hope the coach was happy with my play.

Interview What is the biggest piece of advice you would give to players making the jump to the shl?

Have a good relationship with your GM's and coach. It's different than the SMJHL you will be on a team for awhile and boosting certain attributes can improve how your line plays. I spoke with Tanner, and we decided what would be the best for the team with the amount of TPE I had in the bank. I think we were pretty successful with the gameplan we had.

Interview Where do you see yourself fitting into Hamilton next season?
The steel curtain should be in full effect and in the mid 500s TPE wise, while I don't think we will get huge minutes next season we can definitely fill in on the PP to give the stars a break. If anyone has followed my career they know I'm a do it all guy, I'm never going to be the highest PPG per 20, but I have a grinder mentality, and will work to improve.

Interview What do you think of Chris McZehrl?

He's honestly growing on me, we will be IIHF teammates in Germany for a long time, with the young core of players we have I see us taking off in the next 3-4 seasons. He knows how to build a great player, and will continue to dominate.

Interview Any words to the Prince George Firebirds? Do you think they'll be proud of you?

Go get that 4 star cup! They have 5-6 returning actives ,and Kyle Prince I think they will be a definite contender next year. I'm anxious to see who takes the lead in and out of the LR next season. They have so many great potential captains on that team. Hell yeah I think they are!

Interview You've won, but your career is not over. What area of your game do you plan on improving in the near future?

Scoring baby! Brumm is going to be a player who is first on the score card and first in the fans hearts!

Interview How is life as a champion treating you?

It's great I never imagined I would play in a challenge cup, or even the SHL this early in my career. Winning a cup and being able to wear it with pride is an amazing feeling. While I wasn't the contributor I wanted to be I did add depth, and my teammates made me feel at home!

Interview Winning a cup with Hamilton after being called up in the playoffs must be a dream, how are you going to celebrate?

Under strict supervision! I want to bring the cup to Prince George to inspire my former teammates, and my friends to win the Four Star Cup. I could never bring it back to Prince George when I played, and that was one of my goals! They have a great team down there and will be serious contenders!

Interview What are your goals heading in to the off season?

Basically just continue with the recipe that I have been successful with. I have spoke with GM Tanner , and there are a few areas of my game he would like me to address. For the most part you are going go see more of the same!

Interview Where do you see yourself fitting into the line up come S25?

I'm kind of a swiss army knife; Although my main focus is on being an offensive defensemen I don't give up cheap goals, and can fit in almost anywhere on the team. As a rookie, and on my IIHF team I have spent time at wing; I feel like I'm a true asset as I can eat minutes up, and give the stars like Simons, and Riko a break!

Interview Now that the Steelhawks have lifted the cup under their new logo, it's obvious that a logo change = a cup. What will you do to get Tanner to rebrand to #HamiltonHotDogs?

I do love hot dogs, so hopefully he isn't too afraid to pull the trigger. Truthfully it will never happen, but maybe one day the league will be big enough for a SMJHL team in Hamilton.

Interview Do you think the Steelhawks will remain in contention or fall out of the playoffs like the Wolfpack did?

I think the Steelhawks definitely have several years of contention in them. With players like Simons, Clitsome, Webb, Grosberg, and Tanner all hitting their prime at the same time. The team has great depth, and solid prospects in Girard and myself!

Interview Who was the most excited in the lockerroom to win?

I would say Bubba Nuck, the whole team was stoked, but I think it was his first one. It was nice to get the cup for Caboose before he went to the expansion draft.

Interview What do you want from your player next season?

Rookie of the year or bust!

Interview Full time SHLer next season? if so, care to hazard a guess at your stat line?

Definitely full timer next season, It's hard to say; if I get power play time I could have a lot better season. I scored 3 pts in 7 games in the Challenge Cup finals so, I would like to be somewhere around. 52 GP 11 G 16 A 27 PTS +10

Interview What teams in the SHL would you want to win a Cup with besides Hamilton ?

There are a lot of teams I like in the SHL after talking with the GMs before my entry draft. Toronto has a great GM, and my good buddy Shea Robinson, NEW has a ton of good people who are active in the PGF LR, and Calgary has Randleman, Rublic, Boychuk, and more!

Interview Would you ever move the Firebirds out of Prince George again?

Yes, I loved Regina; I wasn't a huge fan of the move which I have stated publicly, and to Rublic privately.

Interview It is Game 7 of the finals, you are two men down, it is three on five, there is 1:45 left on the clock and you are up 1-0

You are told to pick two people on the team to help kill the penalty, who's it going to be?

Bubba Nuck, and Griffin Simons

Who will be the next S24 Player to win a cup?

Do you think it will be a Whaler after their cup win?

Is it Me Wink

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

How does it feel stepping into SHL action right away without having any games to get your bearings straight?

Do you have any plans for celebrating with the cup?

Any words for the losing team?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Now that you have done it, do you see more players interested in going up to the big league if they miss the playoffs in hopes of winning a cup?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

What is the biggest piece of advice you would give to players making the jump to the shl?

Where do you see yourself fitting into Hamilton next season?

Brummy

Show us your love for me

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Any words to the Prince George Firebirds? Do you think they'll be proud of you?

You've won, but your career is not over. What area of your game do you plan on improving in the near future?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

How hard is the SHL now?

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Jul 31 2015, 06:16 AM
How hard is the SHL now?

So hard how ....

sorry I must and should go!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

How is life as a champion treating you?

Winning a cup with Hamilton after being called up in the playoffs must be a dream, how are you going to celebrate?

What are your goals heading in to the off season?

Where do you see yourself fitting into the line up come S25?

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Now that the Steelhawks have lifted the cup under their new logo, it's obvious that a logo change = a cup. What will you do to get Tanner to rebrand to #HamiltonHotDogs?

Interview Do you think the Steelhawks will remain in contention or fall out of the playoffs like the Wolfpack did?

Interview Who was the most excited in the lockerroom to win?

Interview What do you want from your player next season?

Interview Full time SHLer next season? if so, care to hazard a guess at your stat line?

Interview What teams in the SHL would you want to win a Cup with besides Hamilton

Interview Would you ever move the Firebirds out of Prince George again?

Interview Favorite locker room moment all season (within reason if private)

Interview It is Game 7 of the finals, you are two men down, it is three on five, there is 1:45 left on the clock and you are up 1-0

You are told to pick two people on the team to help kill the penalty, who's it going to be?1

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Updated Please Grade!