Create Account

An Offseason of Growth Zack Hoover

At 21 years of age, Zack Hoover thought that he was done growing taller. What he did not expect was to grow an additional 3 inches in height and adding over 20lbs to his frame when going into the Season 25 training with the Vancouver Whalers following the Four Star Cup win. His pre-draft height coming into the S24 season was 5'11 and is now standing in at 6'2. During the official draft weigh-in he was weighed at 183lbs. After a rigorous workout plan started in the latter part of the Season 24 and continuing on through the post season up until the week before the Season 25 SHL draft, Zack Hoover now is an impressive 205lbs on his new 6'2 frame.

When asked about this staggering new change over the latter part of the season/postseason, Hoover stated “Its a huge change for me. I was one of the smaller guys on the squad at not even 6 feet tall. Its weird that I am now the same height as a few of the guys. Plus I got a new trainer specifically for this type of training, as well as reaching out for and working out with my old military pals really drove me to pack on weight and get physically stronger. That was my goal at the beginning of this past season, and now I finally managed to get it done. With our Four Star Cup win, I decided to take my excitement and pride in winning the Cup to motivate me to work out harder than ever before to get this way.”

“I really think that me growing a few inches since last season, especially in the last month or so of S24, up until now, affected my play on ice. I was not used to being a few inches taller and my legs just did not seem to work like they used to. My play in the latter third of the season and into the postseason fell off and I think this was the reason why. It just means that I have to work on my skating abilities again to get back up to where they were before.”

When asked about how this new physical presence will play out on the ice, Zack Hoover had this to say.
"I was one of the smaller guys to play against this past season, so I really think this new me will be a surprise to the players who thought that they knew how to play against me in their zone. I used to be able to slip past people with my skating abilities, and to poke check the puck away and make a breakaway. They knew how to play against that and how to shut me down. Now, I can be more physical with my body and use my strength to move them off the puck and to be a more dangerous, physical force."

One reporter wrote in an article recently that Zack Hoover really has no real end goal for what type of player he wants to develop into. "He is all over the place in what type of player he is. For one stretch of time he is a goal scorer. For others he plays a great two way game, and others he just stands on the opponents blue line waiting to generate some offense while contributing nothing to the teams defense. This kid needs to decide what type of player he wants to be fast, if he wants to be relevant in the SHL and to reach his potential."

We have asked what Zack Hoover thinks of this article.
"I have not seen the article personally, but I have heard about what he said about me in it. I do not fault him for having that type of opinion about me. It is true, in certain aspects. My first season in the SMJHL, I did not really know what type of player I wanted to be. I wanted to be a "Jack-Of-All-Trades" type of guy for my team. If I was needed to pass the puck to help someone get a goal, I would do that. If I was needed to go and score a goal, I would go do that. If I was needed to be defensive, I would go be defensive. I had no specialty for my game, and I did everything fairly decently. I did not excel anywhere in particular, and I was not detrimental in anywhere either. I think for this upcoming season I am going to choose the type of player I am going to become. I am going to pick something that I am going to excel at."

Zack Hoover is here with us to answer all your questions from home.

Who on the Whalers do you think you learned from the most in your rookie season?
I think that I have learned most from our goalie, Erik Lundqvist (Joker). During practices, we have found that we have mostly been on the same practice team all season. Noticing this, I had asked him to watch my game and see where I need to improve on, what I am doing right, what I am doing wrong, and so on. Ive asked him advice on how I should play and to get a goalies perspective on things that I do, and how I can outplay goalies. He has been such a tremendous help and learned so much about how to be a successful offensive player from him.
I have learned a lot about my defensive game from Rostislav Pirozhkov(BRayne) once he joined our team. Ive asked him to teach me about how to be more physical and how to position myself around the ice against oncoming players. He also has been a great gym partner for me and has helped me get the gains I needed.

Now that you've won the Four Star Cup with your team, what will make you want to go out and do it again, assuming you play in the SMJHL next season?
Winning the Four Star Cup was a massive confidence boost for our team. We came out of the Preseason undefeated and our confidence extremely high entering the season. Our confidence quickly went all the way down as our season was completely shit. We did so well in the playoffs and won the Four Star Cup. Having the taste of victory by winning the Cup, it only makes me want to go out and win it again this upcoming season. It is the goal for each and every team in the SMJHL to win the Cup, so we will go out and try our best to do it again. We are going to be losing a few key pieces in Erik Lundqvist, VLAD McZehrl, and Beau Ballard, and the status of our first defensive pairings is uncertain, we will have to have a great draft this upcoming SMJHL draft, and have our current players step it up. I am confident that we will be able to win the Four Star Cup again this year however.

How many SHL teams are on your radar? Has anyone contacted you?
All the SHL teams are on my radar. My goal is to become a good player and a key piece on an SHL team, and I wont rule out any team out of that end goal. I do not want to burn any bridges with any of the teams or GMs of those teams, so I wont say which teams are lower, or higher up on my list though. It will be an honor and priveldge to play for any team that wants me.
So far only 1 team has displayed interest in me. This is both surprising, and unsurprising to me. No team contacted me for the SMJHL draft, so I only expected the same for this upcoming SHL draft. Its a bit suprising that I have not been contacted much, due to the fact that I am widely considered a top prospect in the SMJHL, and I figured some teams may want to try to lure me to their organizations. I am not complaining to much, due to the fact that the team that does end up drafting me, will have wanted to pick me up for their squad.

How do you think your game will benefit from you gaining strength this offseason?
I have worked really hard in the gym and during practices to get to the strength that I am at right now. My strength will benefit both my offensive and defensive game in a significant way. Before I was 5'11" and 183lbs, so on both defense and offense, I was a bit weak on the puck and could not be all to physical. Now at 6'2" and 205lbs, I can hit the body, backcheck and forecheck harder, stay on the puck longer, etc. I think it will also make me more desirable to SHL GMs that know that I can fill out my body even more to develop into a more defensive forward if they need me to be one.

Where did those extra inches really come from? Was it drugs? Do these drugs add inches in... other places? Where can one obtain these drugs?
I do not really know where these extra inches came from. They just sorta came out of nowhere. Guess that I am a late bloomer eh? I dont know what you are talking about these drugs... I do not do any sort of drugs... Umm.. However if I did hypotetically do these drugs, inches would be added to other places.. I dont know from experience though. Also VLAD McZehrl may know where you could get some of these hypotetical drugs.

Ready to grade

1622 Words

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Quote:Originally posted by Hoovuh@Aug 3 2015, 09:37 AM
At 21 years of age, Zack Hoover thought that he was done growing taller. What he did not expect was to grow an additional 3 inches in height and adding over 20lbs to his frame when going into the Season 25 training with the Vancouver Whalers following the Four Star Cup win.  His pre-draft height coming into the S24 season was 5'11 and is now standing in at 6'2. During the official draft weigh-in he was weighed at 183lbs. After a rigorous workout plan started in the latter part of the Season 24 and continuing on through the post season up until the week before the Season 25 SHL draft, Zack Hoover now is an impressive 205lbs on his new 6'2 frame.

When asked about this staggering new change over the latter part of the season/postseason, Hoover stated “Its a huge change for me. I was one of the smaller guys on the squad at not even 6 feet tall. Its weird that I am now the same height as a few of the guys. Plus I got a new trainer specifically for this type of training, as well as reaching out for and working out with my old military pals really drove me to pack on weight and get physically stronger. That was my goal at the beginning of this past season, and now I finally managed to get it done. With our Four Star Cup win, I decided to take my excitement and pride in winning the Cup to motivate me to work out harder than ever before to get this way.”

“I really think that me growing a few inches since last season, especially in the last month or so of S24, up until now, affected my play on ice. I was not used to being a few inches taller and my legs just did not seem to work like they used to. My play in the latter third of the season and into the postseason fell off and I think this was the reason why. It just means that I have to work on my skating abilities again to get back up to where they were before.”

When asked about how this new physical presence will play out on the ice, Zack Hoover had this to say.
"I was one of the smaller guys to play against this past season, so I really think this new me will be a surprise to the players who thought that they knew how to play against me in their zone. I used to be able to slip past people with my skating abilities, and to poke check the puck away and make a breakaway. They knew how to play against that and how to shut me down. Now, I can be more physical with my body and use my strength to move them off the puck and to be a more dangerous, physical force."

One reporter wrote in an article recently that Zack Hoover really has no real end goal for what type of player he wants to develop into. "He is all over the place in what type of player he is. For one stretch of time he is a goal scorer. For others he plays a great two way game, and others he just stands on the opponents blue line waiting to generate some offense while contributing nothing to the teams defense. This kid needs to decide what type of player he wants to be fast, if he wants to be relevant in the SHL and to reach his potential."

We have asked what Zack Hoover thinks of this article.
"I have not seen the article personally, but I have heard about what he said about me in it. I do not fault him for having that type of opinion about me. It is true, in certain aspects. My first season in the SMJHL, I did not really know what type of player I wanted to be. I wanted to be a "Jack-Of-All-Trades" type of guy for my team. If I was needed to pass the puck to help someone get a goal, I would do that. If I was needed to go and score a goal, I would go do that. If I was needed to be defensive, I would go be defensive. I had no specialty for my game, and I did everything fairly decently. I did not excel anywhere in particular, and I was not detrimental in anywhere either. I think for this upcoming season I am going to choose the type of player I am going to become. I am going to pick something that I am going to excel at."

Zack Hoover is here with us to answer all your questions from home.
Sadly that added weight was just all the food he ate Popcorn

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

You know me all to well. To much booze and food celebrating our cup Tongue

Who on the Whalers do you think you learned from the most in your rookie season?

Now that you've won the Four Star Cup with your team, what will make you want to go out and do it again, assuming you play in the SMJHL next season?

How many SHL teams are on your radar? Has anyone contacted you?

How do you think your game will benefit from you gaining strength this offseason?

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Interview Where did those extra inches really come from? Was it drugs? Do these drugs add inches in... other places? Where can one obtain these drugs? <_<

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 3 2015, 10:33 AM
Interview&nbsp; Where did those extra inches really come from? Was it drugs? Do these drugs add inches in... other places? Where can one obtain these drugs?&nbsp; <_<
McZ's Needles....... :ph34r:

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Alucard@Aug 3 2015, 02:33 PM
Interview&nbsp; Where did those extra inches really come from? Was it drugs? Do these drugs add inches in... other places? Where can one obtain these drugs?&nbsp; <_<
Asking for.... a friend

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Aug 3 2015, 07:43 PM

Asking for.... a friend
:unsure: ... :">

Updated with answers Smile