Create Account

Nikolaus Scholz - LaFlem Scouting Profile #6

Nikolaus Scholz - LaFlem Scouting Profile #6

[Image: drais2.jpg]

Summary: Nikolaus Scholz was selected 22nd overall in the fourth round by the the Kelowna Knights in the S24 SMJHL Draft. He was advertised as a playmaking center who can provide a solid offensive game for his team that would help be a consistent producer in the face off dot. While he did follow through with his defensive promises, he didn't exactly put up as many points as he might have hoped in his rookie season. Making up for that fact though, as mentioned before, he showed a knack for playing pretty well in his own end which is only a good thing on any team. There have been many players who post mild numbers in their rookie season but end up exploding offensively the next year, and Scholz may be one of them.

Regular Season Stats: (GP = 52) (G = 5) (A = 9) (+/- = +4) (Penalty Minutes = 2) (Hits = 7) (Shots Blocked = 1)

Playoff Stats: (GP = 5) (G = 0) (A = 2) (+/- = +1) (Penalty Minutes = 0) (Hits = 2) (Shots Blocked = 1)

Build: TPE = 280

CK = Checking: 50
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 70
SK = Skating: 80
ST = Strength: 73
EN = Endurance: 71
DU = Durability: 50
PH = Puck Handling: 80
FO = Face Offs: 80
PA = Passing: 82
SC = Scoring: 70
DF = Defense: 74.5
PS = Penalty Shot: 55

Strengths:

Passing - Nikolaus Scholz uses his 6'4", 218 pound frame to force his way to the most highly competitive areas of the ice in order to create a play for his teammates. Though it didn't come across that much in his rookie season, as he only had 9 assists in 52 games, Scholz is a very talented playmaker. He spent time up and down the lineup for the Kelowna Knights and was placed into a mainly defensive role for his team and succeeded in doing so. His natural playmaking ability is too much to overlook, though, and it will show next season when he likely spends another season with the Knights as he will likely be given much more responsibilities.

Defensive play - Scholz is one of the more talented centers in the dot when it comes to the S25 SHL Draft eligible class. Posting a 51.79% win percentage and a +4 rating, Scholz proved that he can be responsible in both ends after having a shaky preseason defensively in which he was a minus 4 player in games where the Knights were largely victorious. Scholz worked hard to improve his game away from the puck as well, and his positioning has improved the longer the season went on. Next season he will likely be a much stronger player in both zones, but he will also have to work hard to improve his strength despite having a very large frame. If he does, he will be a force in the face off circle heading forward.

Skating - Skating ability is a strong aspect of Scholz's game, which is pretty well balanced overall. He focuses his large frame and above average strength into a long stride that has served him well defensively in his rookie season. It doesn't help that he has a weaker stamina game than some, but it didn't matter at least for the start of his career in the SMJHL. If you're looking for a prospect that will likely provide an energy boost to any team he lands on, look no further.

Weaknesses:

Endurance - This is something that every prospect will probably need to work on in their future, but for this prospect it might be the key to unlocking his tremendous potential. Scholz was already a good defensive player in his first season, but if he gets better cardio wise he might just be able to unleash his offensive ability on the SMJHL, assuming he stays down next year. Whether or not you agree with this assessment is irrelevant, Scholz will definitely need to improve his endurance if he ever hopes to play a big role in the SHL, or even on the Knights. If he betters himself in the stamina department his lack of natural shooting ability may not be relevant, because he'll be racking up too many assists for anyone to care.

Physicality - Of all the players in this year's S25 SHL draft class, Scholz is one who shies away from physical play the most as he only recorded 9 hits in the regular season and the playoffs. Though it is a weakness for the young center, he actually preformed better defensively than others who attempted to hit more often despite being in the same place as him; an offensive player with little to no grinding/physical ability. If he can continue to improve his defensive play you may not ever notice that Scholz is lacking in this area.

Personality: Nikolaus Scholz has been notably absent from the forums at times, yet he continued to put in his updates and improve his ability as the year went along. He also sports a nice bank account balance due to him being featured in some pretty great articles that earned him quite a bit of cash for someone that may be a bit low on some GMs radars. In the locker room it's said that Scholz is easy to get along with and a good teammate to have, which is obviously a good thing when you're looking at a draftee. Overall there's nothing not to like about him, but you could hope for a bit more forum activity.

Draft Projection: Early 3rd - Mid 3rd

Closing Statement: Nikolaus Scholz is a natural playmaker that might just be a steal in this upcoming draft. As brought up before, it is quite possible that Scholz is the case of a player that posted mild numbers in his rookie season but may explode next year in more areas than one. Worst case scenario, he improves his overall game and posts respectable offensive and defensive numbers. This young prospect would be a safe bet for any team looking to improve their center depth without going after someone who put all their eggs into one basket.

(1048 words)

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Knights Knights Knights

Scholzy is great. Not as boisterous as some of the rest of us perhaps, but he is German, and that can be to your advantage. Do you want to attract fans like these?

[Image: 251.jpg]
[Image: 15223941270_6cbd19cacd_z.jpg]
[Image: Oktoberfest-Girl02.jpg]
[Image: sexy-bavarian-oktoberfest-girls-480x401.jpg]

If you said "yes"... SCHOLZ IS YOUR MAN.

Knights Knights Knights

You make a strong case.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

Ive already attracted them Wink

Scholz is a great guy. Any team that picks him will be very happy that they did.

Knights

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Quote:Originally posted by SparkyOG@Aug 4 2015, 10:36 PM
Ive already attracted them Wink
You heard it here first. Scholz probably not going to New England.

Wow, great article man, thanks for all nice comments. Couldn't agree more with the weaknesses though, I definitely gotta get my name out there more.
As for all my team mates thanks for having my back. Especially Alucard, very good argument Wink

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

You guys get the chicks and I'll hold your beers.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Aug 4 2015, 04:47 PM
You guys get the chicks and I'll hold your beers.
aww. you can have fun too.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Aug 4 2015, 08:15 PM
aww. you can have fun too.
But I like german beer :-x .

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Aug 5 2015, 01:54 AM

But I like german beer :-x .
I'd fight you for it, but a) I'll be fine with the German girls, and B) you'd probably kick my ass anyway. :ph34r: