Create Account

BJ Cobbledick, the Rising Star

BJ Cobbledick. Get used to hearing this name ladies and gentleman. After not entering the SMJHL Entry Draft, BJ is one of the most coveted undrafted free agents. How about we take a look at Cobbledick, as almost everyone hasn't heard of this guy before.

BJ was born in Dublin, Ireland. Growing up, he was always the tallest kid in class. Never fitting in much at school, BJ's parents put him in hockey at age 8. Originally a forward, Cobbledick transitioned to goaltender in his first season after his teams starter moved to Belfast. Cobbledick was an instant star, registering 5 straight shutouts to start his goaltending career. He continued his success throughout his youth career, before moving to Canada at 13.

Although living in Canada for multiple years now, Cobbledick still represents Ireland internationally. Since moving to Canada, BJ has grown to 6'9", 230 pounds. Whether it be the maple syrup or genetics, his size is one of his greatest assets. Cobbledick played for the Strathroy Rockets last year, posting some phenomenal numbers. In 30 starts, Cobbledick had a goal against average of 2.01 and a save percentage of 0.929. He was awarded the Best Goaltender Award and the League MVP, as he lead a low scoring team to a Game Seven of the Finals.

Cobbledick's future hasn't always been set though. Up until a few days ago, most people thought Cobbledick was going to retire from hockey. A brilliant student, Cobbledick had the option of attending Ivy League schools such as Harvard instead of continuing his hockey career. Because of this option, Cobbledick decided not to enter the draft, practically guaranteeing his retirement. But late last week something changed. BJ, after attending the awards ceremony for the Strathroy Rockets, decided to make the jump to the SMJHL, rather than attend Harvard. Now technically a free agent, teams are expected to start negotiations with him soon. A few teams in need of a goalie could really use BJ, as he is a bit of a hit or miss prospect. If Cobbledick is fully committed to hockey, he could become the next greatest goaltender. If Cobbledick goes back to school however, the hockey world may lose one of the most intriguing prospects in a long time.

Ilike

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Theres ready a bj in this
League
So frig off u bastard u

My apologies, but my parents gave me that name.

Thanks

- BJ Cobbledick

Quote:Originally posted by kbc00@Aug 18 2015, 01:21 PM
My apologies, but my parents gave me that name.

Thanks

- BJ Cobbledick

I can only assume you were rocking the tweed suit and smoking a pipe when making this statement. I like it
[Image: 90a24075a124c75b94f3ea382b9703ea.jpg]

:impact:

Quote:Originally posted by hedgehog337@Aug 19 2015, 01:42 PM
:impact:

I think you mean Falcons

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

He definitely means Falcons

Thanks

- BJ Cobbledick

I mean his previous (Kushman) team, lol.

Mammoths ftw