Create Account

Where Does SumTing Wong play now? Not a trade but FA inquiry

This just reminds me how ridiculous and rushed expansion was and the resulting chaos is unfortunate. Working on cleaning up the mess and getting our feet grounded as new commissioners.

[Image: thejesster435.gif]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan Jesster - HoF Goalie (S1-S14)
Proud Calgary Dragon Alumni 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dragons | Sweden | Raptors

Was I called?

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by 701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD@Sep 9 2015, 08:31 PM

I know nothing about something that was made public? TDW, come on.. I like you but this is your fuck up here... They couldn't predict that Seattle wasn't going to pick them up, and the league didn't set a rule for that. What would "compensation" even be?
On the contrary, it could've been predicted that he wouldn't be signed because was out of a contract and didn't have a tender offered, and he only has 200 TPE. Now, did you really think Seattle was going to give a semi-active, 200 TPE a contract if they hadn't tendered something already?

Now, this is something myself AND everyone else missed too.
Essentially, in giving up a player they never actually had, PGF lost nothing in the expansion draft, while we (Colorado) also gained no one. This affects us and PGF directly, as well as the rest of the teams that actually gave up a player.

As far as compensation, I have no idea. I'm not blaming PGF and I'm not deflecting blame as I'm accepting some of my own. But just the fact that we got shorted a player in the draft and PGF gave up no one while other teams lost players, seems kinda jacked up and needs corrections. Which I'm sure the SMJHL comishiners are working on.

Mammoth rage

To clarify, the expansion draft issue is completely separate from the send-down issue. I assume one and/or both will be addressed, but one is not dependent on the other.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Sep 9 2015, 08:33 PM

On the contrary, it could've been predicted that he wouldn't be signed because was out of a contract and didn't have a tender offered, and he only has 200 TPE. Now, did you really think Seattle was going to give a semi-active, 200 TPE a contract if they hadn't tendered something already?

Now, this is something myself AND everyone else missed too.
Essentially, in giving up a player they never actually had, PGF lost nothing in the expansion draft, while we (Colorado) also gained no one. This affects us and PGF directly, as well as the rest of the teams that actually gave up a player.

As far as compensation, I have no idea. I'm not blaming PGF and I'm not deflecting blame as I'm accepting some of my own. But just the fact that we got shorted a player in the draft and PGF gave up no one while other teams lost players, seems kinda jacked up and needs corrections. Which I'm sure the SMJHL comishiners are working on.

I'm just saying I see teams with minor league budget remaining that I would have asked to sign Wong for a year and she would probably be on our team this season if we didn't give you her rights

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Sep 9 2015, 09:33 PM
I can understand where PGF is coming from, as they did not know if he would re-signed when they submitted him. But if we lose him we deserve compensation from the League or PGF. I trust Mac/Jesster/Ragnar will come to a fair decision on this.
The funniest part about this is that Wong was drafted before two players more active than her. If Wrong was the last pick in the draft and you were forced to take her than yeah I can see this issue holding now water. But wanting to be compensated because you scewed up is equally parts funny and sad. Hard to feel bad for someone who couldn't be bothered to do the research for a six person draft.

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Sep 9 2015, 10:44 PM

I'm just saying I see teams with minor league budget remaining that I would have asked to sign Wong for a year and she would probably be on our team this season if we didn't give you her rights
Well now that it's apparent we will be looking into the same thing. Just would've been more legit if it didn't pan out this way.

And BeanSobie maybe if you were a GM you would've done it different. But your not. And you can't blame 2 new GMs for taking a player another team submitted and was approved on a expansion draft thrown together essentially last minute.

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Sep 9 2015, 10:47 PM

The funniest part about this is that Wong was drafted before two players more active than her. If Wrong was the last pick in the draft and you were forced to take her than yeah I can see this issue holding now water. But wanting to be compensated because you scewed up is equally parts funny and sad. Hard to feel bad for someone who couldn't be bothered to do the research for a [b]six person
draft.[/b]
The rule was that teams had to submit eligible players. PGF submitted a player who was inelligble for this season. I don't know how this is hard to understand for people.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus@Sep 9 2015, 10:00 PM

The rule was that teams had to submit eligible players. PGF submitted a player who was inelligble for this season. I don't know how this is hard to understand for people.

Do you really want Sparks that bad?

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Sep 10 2015, 12:55 AM

And BeanSobie maybe if you were a GM you would've done it different. But your not. And you can't blame 2 new GMs for taking a player another team submitted and was approved on a expansion draft thrown together essentially last minute.
Yeah I probably would have clicked on each players profile page and taken the five seconds to not put myself in this situation. But what do I know, I'm not a GM. :ssst:

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Sep 10 2015, 05:02 AM

Yeah I probably would have clicked on each players profile page and taken the five seconds to not put myself in this situation. But what do I know, I'm not a GM. :ssst:

Bean would be a great GM.

I'm pretty sure Wong was eligible to be placed in the expansion draft.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnWalrus+Sep 9 2015, 10:00 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThatDamnWalrus @ Sep 9 2015, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
The rule was that teams had to submit eligible players. PGF submitted a player who was inelligble for this season. I don't know how this is hard to understand for people.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Brandon@Aug 3 2015, 12:22 PM
1 Active per team[/quote]

I don't see anything saying teams had to submit eligible players. I don't see any specifications for your supposed eligibility either. She was an Active at the time of the expansion and she had just played for us the season before. I don't see the issue other than you didn't try to get her sent down?

Quote:Originally posted by BeanSobie@Sep 9 2015, 11:02 PM

We did? We actually had an addition to our draft spread sheet listing all 6 players, there tpe, there player type, how good there build was, and there activity. So don't come in here with some bullshit saying "oh just click there page duh!" Like you know what you are talking about. Each team had to give up an eligible player. For some reason this situation was never discussed when we were hashing out all the details of the draft/expansion.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

senseless shitstorm = boring

we had and will have better shitstorms

[Image: bye_bye.gif]

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!