Create Account

GM's and recreates

Grims idea is best yet, though I would say a 2nd for the reasons I outlined above in that the year the GM is draft eligible the first rounder is being used to gain the same person that was part of the team two seasons prior.

The best players usually come in the first round, so this creates a disadvantage to a GM recreating. By having it be a 2nd a good pick is still forfeited but the team still able to improve by getting to draft a high end player.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Apr 3 2012, 03:51 AM
I think a GM should get two choices when their recreate is about to enter the league. They can either choose to go straight back to their team and forfeit their first round pick, or they can declare for the draft, which would mean they would have to step down. This means there's no way a GM can circumvent the cap, and eventually every team will have to forfeit their first to get their GM back, so it balances out. It only disadvantages a team if their GM makes a habit of retiring and recreating.

coughkearnscough cough

The Katchalov Rule

Yeah if anything, I'd prefer a 2nd. 1sts are way too valuable.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@Apr 3 2012, 11:32 AM
Grims idea is best yet, though I would say a 2nd for the reasons I outlined above in that the year the GM is draft eligible the first rounder is being used to gain the same person that was part of the team two seasons prior.

The best players usually come in the first round, so this creates a disadvantage to a GM recreating. By having it be a 2nd a good pick is still forfeited but the team still able to improve by getting to draft a high end player.

My feeling is that it should be a first round pick because the member and player you are getting will easily be of that quality. Plus, every team will eventually have to forfeit a pick for their GM, so it balances out.

It does, however the team with a recreate GM will have lost a good player already, then be using a 1st rounder to get that person back on the team.

It hinders the team getting better. With a 1st Round available you can still improve a lot in the year your GM recreates.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@Apr 3 2012, 02:36 PM
It does, however the team with a recreate GM will have lost a good player already, then be using a 1st rounder to get that person back on the team.

It hinders the team getting better. With a 1st Round available you can still improve a lot in the year your GM recreates.

As long as it's the same for everyone, it doesn't matter particularly which round the forfeited pick is from. Every team is going to have to do it at some stage, so I'm down for whatever. We just need it to be something.

Should get Spangs or Bolt in here to green light it then.

Personally I am with spangs in not liking giving up a draft pick. HOWEVER. I think we need stipulations. It should also go on a team by team basis not a gm basis as teams can flip gms fast (panthers had like 5 last season lol).

So what I think is every team gets to recreate their gm free. BUT they only have that option once every four seasons. A gms player must sign a 3 year contract and play it out after that they are free to recreate. If the gm switches the team still has that old free player and can recreate the new gm once the old guy plays out his contract.

Why don't you like taking away a pick? I mean allowing this takes a draftable player out of the draft the same way using a pick does.

It also deters people from trying this sort of crap.

Here are my thoughts

1) Only GM's can use this rule, if not a GM you CANNOT declare your player draft exempt, your rights will be held by the team that drafted you for three seasons.

2) A GM stepping down AFTER having his recreate join the team loses

1st Year After Recreate - 2nd
2nd Year - 3rd
3rd Year - 4th
4th Year - 5th

After that they are free. If they claim personal reasons for stepping down, then the team has the option of forfeiting that pick or sending the GM's player to juniors.

i dont understand why giving up a 1st is an issue tbh...youre getting a 1st round caliber player...most GMs are pretty active lol
grims idea seems like it makes plenty of sense to me

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@Apr 3 2012, 07:40 PM
Why don't you like taking away a pick? I mean allowing this takes a draftable player out of the draft the same way using a pick does.

It also deters people from trying this sort of crap.

Here are my thoughts

1) Only GM's can use this rule, if not a GM you CANNOT declare your player draft exempt, your rights will be held by the team that drafted you for three seasons.

2) A GM stepping down AFTER having his recreate join the team loses

1st Year After Recreate - 2nd
2nd Year - 3rd
3rd Year - 4th
4th Year - 5th

After that they are free. If they claim personal reasons for stepping down, then the team has the option of forfeiting that pick or sending the GM's player to juniors.

so your talking future picks then? Like after he steps down its then decided the pick the team gives up? If he stays 5 seasons they give up nothing? That I would be ok with.

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Apr 3 2012, 07:44 PM
i dont understand why giving up a 1st is an issue tbh...youre getting a 1st round caliber player...most GMs are pretty active lol
grims idea seems like it makes plenty of sense to me

This, I would have nothing against giving up a 1st or 2nd. Either one is probably going to be worth the player you get.

I guess my issue with it is this. Gms get no pay, They get shit on by spangs and the rest of the commishes at times, deal with shit from other players all the time etc. Its a lot of work and they get no pay at all only the "joy" of being a gm which at times can not be joy and other times there is nothing more fun in this league.
But I view the player as their pay so to speak I think they at least deserve that.

Alright, opinion swayed. But perhaps league vote to see how people feel?