Create Account

Ryan Johansen on trade block

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:30 PM

No there isn't. its the same conversation, the only diffrence is one team is making the first call. They still go through the whole, what are you willing to give up and this is is our asking price.
No... Entertaining offers means you don't want to move them, but if the right deal came along you wouldn't necessarily say no and more than anything you're gauging the market or seeing what the value for a player is.

Shopping them would mean that if anything that's not a losing trade is offered you'd consider it.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:30 PM

No there isn't. its the same conversation, the only diffrence is one team is making the first call. They still go through the whole, what are you willing to give up and this is is our asking price.
That's his point though. It all depends on who is going out of their way to bring his name up in trade discussions. Is it the team who owns his rights, or is it the team who wants to acquire his rights?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Nov 24 2015, 10:25 PM

Every championship team has a true number 1 centre on their roster though.

Depends what you consider a "true" #1 center. i would say someone who can put up 60 points could be considered a true #1 center in todays game, and i wouldn't rule out Jenner not being a #1 Center, he played at a .5 PPG last year and this year is having his break out season (so far)

Guys like Duchene, Staal, Stephan, Backes, Plekanec, Bergeron, RNH, Backstrom are considered #1 centers but they are just 55-65 point guys. Hell Dubinsky is a 50-55 guy himself.

Johansen for Duchene imo :->

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 24 2015, 10:33 PM

That isn't true. People talk about players all the time when they are at the bottom to see what value is. Doesn't mean he is shopping him.

Also teams still need a superstar to win. Simple and plain

#kovalev

Yes it is true. also teams with superstars dont always win. Plain and simple.

#Kovalevandproudofit

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Nov 24 2015, 10:39 PM
Johansen for Duchene imo :->

Doesn't really work for either team, aren't isn't colorado in columbus boat for needing defense?

TIL if a GM decides to talk about a player, they must be intending to trade them no questions asked!

#Kovalev

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:39 PM

Yes it is true.  also teams with superstars dont always win. Plain and simple.

#Kovalevandproudofit
When was the last time a team won a Stanley Cup without a superstar?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 10:41 PM

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Sorry i missed where i said only championship winning teams, not playoff teams

Dont worry, I'll wait.

#Kovalevandproudofit

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:42 PM

Sorry i missed where i said only championship winning teams, not playoff teams

Dont worry, I'll wait.

#Kovalevandproudofit
So you're content just making the playoffs... Lol... Okay then.

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 07:39 PM

Yes it is true.  also teams with superstars dont always win. Plain and simple.

#Kovalevandproudofit

You are right teams with superstars don't always win but every team that wins.... does.

So congrats on making a counter arguement that makes no sense and doesn't pertain to your, "Don't need a superstar to win" logic.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 10:41 PM

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Columbus in 2020 after trading Johanson

I would actually argue 95 Devils

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Nov 24 2015, 10:43 PM

So you're content just making the playoffs... Lol... Okay then.

Yeah the being a playoff team year in and out year out really sucks :lol:

Plus have you seen the Blue Jackets short history? we'll take winning a playoff series :lol: :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Nov 24 2015, 10:43 PM

You are right teams with superstars don't always win but every team that wins.... does.

So congrats on making a counter arguement that makes no sense and doesn't pertain to your, "Don't need a superstar to win" logic.

I mean it was a proven fact.

Quote:Originally posted by Rezik@Nov 24 2015, 10:38 PM

Depends what you consider a "true"  #1 center. i would say someone who can put up 60 points could be considered a true #1 center in todays game,  and i wouldn't rule out Jenner not being a #1 Center, he played at a .5 PPG last year and this year is having his break out season (so far)

Guys like Duchene, Staal, Stephan, Backes, Plekanec, Bergeron, RNH, Backstrom are considered #1 centers but they are just 55-65 point guys. Hell Dubinsky is a 50-55 guy himself.
Staal WAS a true #1 center, not any more, and he has 7 seasons with 70 or more points
I'm assuming you mean Stepan, I wouldn't consider him a star center either, he's a #1 center but he's not an elite center
Backes is a power forward, he brings far more to the team than just points
Plekanec is nothing special
Bergeron is an ELITE two way center without question
RNH is not a #1 center yet
Backstrom has 4 seasons over 70 points including a 100 point season, and back to back seasons with over 75 points.