Create Account

S27 Interested Prospects

Hello draft candidates!

If you're reading this and intend to reply, that must mean you've just completed your first SMJHL season. Congratulations! Everything must still be new and exciting, as it was for me way [not that way] back in S24. That's not to say it isn't still exciting for us veterans--but I'm sure most people recall getting drafted as the highlight of their careers. Also, last year was my first draft as a manager, and nothing compares to telling a player they're coming to play on the team!

Here are some statistics from last year's Portland team:

S26 Record: 17-28-5 (39 points, 7th in Western Conference)
GF: 129
GA: 170
GD: -41

Picks in S27: #1, #15, #19, #36, #43, #57

Top Forwards
RW Buster Killington (2nd season): 19G, 21A, 40P, 173 HIT
C Yousuf Scherbluk (final season): 17G, 20A, 37P, 49.78FO%
C/W Nikolaus Scholz (2nd season): 14G, 21A, 35P, 10PPP

Top Defenders
D Patrick Brumm (2nd season): 13G, 17A, 30P, 68SB
D Hans Ponsen (3rd season): 5G, 23A, 28P, 48PIM
D Pal Vikingstod (2nd season): 2G, 26A, 28P, 121HIT (S25 ROTY)

Rookies
C/W Sven Karlsson: 9G, 16A, 25P
W Ross Burke: 11G, 6A, 17P
D Matt Veenstra: 6G, 11A, 17P, 51SB

Letting a team know you're interested in playing for them is your prerogative, but providing this questionnaire is my way of giving you a template. I understand that messaging strangers saying "hey, draft me!" can be a little daunting without context. So, without further ado, copy and paste these questions into a reply with your answers:

Code:
1. Your player's name:

2. Links to player and update pages - if it's in your signature, just say that:

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10:

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of?

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference?

6. Where does Portland rank, from 1-14, for teams you want to join?

7. Where do you predict you'll go in the draft?

8. What's your favorite part of the site/game?

9. How much of your build have you planned out?

10. You're in a bus going across the country. Are you the driver (leading the way), the navigator (telling the driver where to go), in the front (providing suggestions for the driver/navigator), or in the back (chillin', along for the ride)?

11. How do you feel about joining an expansion team?

12. What do you do outside the SHL? If you're a student, what are you studying? If you're in high school, what do you want to study (if anything) in college?

13. Name your top 5 bands/artists.

Make your answers however short or long you want. Thanks for your time, and go Admirals!

GCool
Co-manager

[Image: OaSEcaw]

1. Your player's name:
Lord Vader

in my signature

8-9

Team wins that help to set the most points ever by a team in the SMJHL

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference?
Would prefer to play as a true rookie, but will do whatever is best for the team

top 3 for sure and one of only a handful of teams I want to join

late first/early second

being able to watch my player grow throughout the season from doing various things around the site like PTs and mock drafts, etc

through 350TPE for now and depending on when I make the jump to the sHL, I will gladly take any assistance from my GMs to be one of the best defensive dmen in the league

10. You're in a bus going across the country. Are you the driver (leading the way), the navigator (telling the driver where to go), in the front (providing suggestions for the driver/navigator), or in the back (chillin', along for the ride)?
I am the driver...I prefer to be a leader and not a follower

I would love to get on the groundish floor of a new team and help to shape it for the future and be there for the long haul. I would love to say I helped to bring the first championship to the Portland franchise in the future

12. What do you do outside the SHL? If you're a student, what are you studying? If you're in high school, what do you want to study (if anything) in college?
dad of 3, working man and help to run a dek hockey league for 4-7 year old kids...I am also in a few other sths leagues and one fhl league. have run my own leagues in the past

rush
zeppelin
stones
who
pearl jam

1. Your player's name: Hannu Hamalainen

Yeahthat

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: 8

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of? None. My statistics were generally poor in my first season.

I'd like to be a send down and that is a very strong preference. I'm not SHL ready.

Second or third.

mid first round to mid second round

Writing media that people take an interest in, growing my player week by week and the social part of the league. I like the regular rhythm of the regular season over the playoffs in the SMJHL.

I have a general idea of where I'm going with my build, but it is mostly a week to week decision on what to increase. I'm also role-playing somewhat where, for example, I'll work on skating endurance and strength in the off-season. Then my GM gets some input on my build as well. All this keeps the game more interesting and a bit more realistic for me.

It's such a long trip that there's room to play all four roles, although I'm the navigator / advisor / teacher by nature.

More positive than negative

Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer

U2, Beatles, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, (Whatever I'm in the mood for...Throw in Elton John for now)

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

1. Your player's name: Jaxson Reynolds

Player Thread
Updates

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: 8-9

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of? Goals, Goals and Goals.

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference? Have no preference but given the horrible state Prince George is in, I'd love to play up.

6. Where does Portland rank, from 1-14, for teams you want to join? In the top 3.

7. Where do you predict you'll go in the draft? 8-14th? Not sure really. It's hard to judge with GM's being different over here in regards to contacting people.

8. What's your favorite part of the site/game? Updating my player.

9. How much of your build have you planned out? All of it, and i mean all of it.

Like to think i'm the driver who doesn't out talk everyone. Able to accept suggestions but also keep my head on straight.

Love it. Always have loved that prospect. I did it in the VHL and it was a great experience.

12. What do you do outside the SHL? If you're a student, what are you studying? If you're in high school, what do you want to study (if anything) in college? I have a full time job where I work graveyards at the moment. Finished college 3 years ago. I play a couple sports in some rec leagues to keep myself competitively in play.

13. Name your top 5 bands/artists: Soundgarden, AWOLNATION, Sublime w/Rome, Incubus and Big Wreck

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

1. Your player's name:
Wendell Luna

Both are in nice, big, bold letters in my signature.

6-I check the site every day, update every week (I missed one week this season though), but I have trouble jumping into some locker room conversation and do not always participate in the point tasks, electing instead to do a few of them, but mainly just training and activity checks.

Shots blocked (63) because the intent was for my player to focus mainly on defending the net, not laying players out. I believe that stat shows that it worked.

I will be wherever I need to be, but do expect to be sent down for another season in Detroit as that is usually what is best for all parties involved. I would prefer to be sent down another season.

I haven't thought about it enough for give an exact answer, but probably within the top 3.

Late second or third round...maybe?

The fact that with all of the stats, training, money, and media, it is like a whole separate world. I like participating in that world, however minimal it may sometimes seem that I do so.

I believe I have worked out a general idea of it for the next little bit. I plan on focusing mainly on defense, strength, and skating to help with stealing the puck, and focusing on passing and puck handling a little bit in between to keep those a part of his decision making. Stealing the puck means nothing if you can't get rid of it.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but you know that guy that sits in the back and sometimes comes up to the front and says "Hey I heard you guys talking about (insert topic of interest) and would like to weigh in" ....I'm that guy.

Expansion means nothing less than opportunity to jump on to something early and build it up to something no one will ever remember being "that expansion team."

College freshman currently involved in a bridge program for mathematics/dual engineering.

I did band in high school, and have a respect for all sorts of music...that being said, my preferences change way too much to name my top 5 favorite bands/artists. Here's a general outline though. NO country, NO 21 pilots, NO taylor swift.

1. Your player's name: Kylo Ren

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry1668759
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...0&#entry1695463

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: 10

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of? Scoring

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference? Yes I want to be sent down

6. Where does Portland rank, from 1-14, for teams you want to join? 7 but I"ll play for anyone

7. Where do you predict you'll go in the draft? late first round

8. What's your favorite part of the site/game? LR

9. How much of your build have you planned out? I figure it out as I go

10. You're in a bus going across the country. Are you the driver (leading the way), the navigator (telling the driver where to go), in the front (providing suggestions for the driver/navigator), or in the back (chillin', along for the ride)? In the back chilling

11. How do you feel about joining an expansion team? Already did once and it didn't go that well but who knows maybe that will change.

12. What do you do outside the SHL? If you're a student, what are you studying? If you're in high school, what do you want to study (if anything) in college? Senior in High school

1. Red Hot Chilli Peppers
2. Nirvana
3. Cage The Elephant
4. Bring Me The Horizon
5. Sublime

Code:
1. Your player's name: you don't deserve me.

Do yournown work

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: me > u

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of? Fo%

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference? If you call me up. Your franchise is giving up.

6. Where does Portland rank, from 1-14, for teams you want to join? 14

7. Where do you predict you'll go in the draft? End of first round? No idea.

8. What's your favorite part of the site/game? Lr

9. How much of your build have you planned out? Pas first 2 way

Navigator/chiller

Would love to join one if they didn't have mediocre managers and no character

Almost graduated uni

Charlie Winston
Led Zepplin
Rage Against the Machine
Arctic Monkeys

No fifth

Make your answers however short or long you want. Thanks for your time, and go Admirals!

GCool
Co-manager[/QUOTE]

[Image: livius.gif]

1. Your player's name: Reinis Aumeisters #81

2. Links to player and update pages - if it's in your signature, just say that: in signature.

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: 9

4. What statistic from last season are you most proud of? games, cause i have only 6+3. :(

5. Do you want to be sent down next season, try to play as a true rookie, or have no preference? sent down. i have only ~230 TPE.

6. Where does Portland rank, from 1-14, for teams you want to join? First. i like only Portland. If i been drafted on another team, i ask a trade, or all tpe`s put to TPE bank.

7. Where do you predict you'll go in the draft? idk, be fine if 2nd round.

8. What's your favorite part of the site/game? locked room. Popcorn

9. How much of your build have you planned out? i have many medias and i make tpu works too.

10. You're in a bus going across the country. Are you the driver (leading the way), the navigator (telling the driver where to go), in the front (providing suggestions for the driver/navigator), or in the back (chillin', along for the ride)? im Aumis. :ph34r:

11. How do you feel about joining an expansion team? i want to play Portland. Tongue

12. What do you do outside the SHL? If you're a student, what are you studying? If you're in high school, what do you want to study (if anything) in college? i dont know very good english, but i want to be Portland player.

Eminem - USA
Edavārdi - LATVIA
GACHO - LATVIA
BG CENTRS - LATVIA
KASPARS BEZ UZVÄ€RDA - LATVIA

1. Your player's name: Riley McDonald

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=60217&st=0

3. Rate your activity level from 1-10: 8

My faceoff percentage. I played low minutes so I didn't get too many points (still got more then Merica and he had almost double my minutes)

Depending on how future events play out, I'll let you know

It's in my top 2. I love the guys here and have strong faith in the GMs

I think I'm a early to mid second rounder

I love the media and reading all the cool articles that people come out with. I try to come out with a few myself each season, but I sometimes just don't have the time to write the multi thousand word articles. I also loved PBPs, which is why I was sad they went away.

I got it mostly planned out

I'm the actual bus that's carrying the team Tongue

Joking aside, I'd say I am the driver. As much as I don't mind following from time to time, I like to go with my own flow

I was apart of the expansion draft cause I wanted to be one of the first to play for a brand new team and make new history with them. So retuning to the same one would be great.

I'm halfway done grade 11 now. I'm looking to head into the Skilled trades, specifically Electrican.

Bully talent
Three days grace
Michael Jackson
Simple plan
Eminem

1. Your player's name:
Xavier Laine

In sig

7-8-9. Depends on the day

Hits and +/-

No preference

Top 5

Last overall

The people

Some of it. I always know which stats I want to upgrade next.

Front. I'll need a license before I drive.

I just want to go to a team. IDGAF if they're expansion or not.

High School, and I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do

21 Pilots, AC/DC, Kygo, Fall Out Boy, and Eminem.

[Image: Jepox.gif]