Create Account

2nd Overall Presser

<center>1508 Words - Ready for Grading
[Image: Ly24KWP.jpg]
2nd Overall pick of the Season 27 SHL Draft Chris Crutchfield begins to address the press</center>

A press room begins to fill with media ready to address those lucky enough to be drafted by a SHL team. Now coming to the stand, is the 2nd overall pick of this draft, Chris Crutchfield who went to the Manhattan Rage. He sits down and looks into the crowd gathered to interview him, as a reporter raises his hand, and the press conference is live!

Interview "Talk about your future in Manhattan, and what you think of the team so far?"

"Well, my future in Manhattan right now is to be a franchise player for this club. I'm very happy to be here and to be drafted by GM Jorec, who talked to me a fair bit before the draft. I think the team is good, especially with the additions that we made during the draft, drafted Selena Bauer, Jacob Andrews and Wendell Luna. We are definitely a younger core going forward, and I'm very excited for that."

Interview "Are you mad that you weren't first overall? Or are you going to play the "I'm just happy to be here" card?"

"[laugh]. To be honest, I can't be mad about not being drafted first overall. Kowalski has been a superb teammate to me and he and Reay both deserved being drafted first overall, they are both such good players and teammates and I can't say enough good things about either of them. I am very happy to be here in Manhattan and believe that this draft has built a very good core of young players going forward, so I'm very excited to see what the future holds for not only myself, but for this hockey club. The high end talent in this draft was everywhere, and guys like Lord Vader and Zach Zyvelski are going to be absolute steals in this league. Vader was one tough guy to play against, he really is an elite defenceman on and off the ice. Great guy too. Zyvelski and I haven't seen eye to eye all of the time, and even though I destroyed him in a rap battle I think he has the talent to turn his game around and make everyone look stupid for not picking him earlier. Good job to the Renegades for taking a chance on a player who could be extremely elite."

Interview "How do you feel about Dean Banger?"

"I like the guy, he's a tough guy to play against with his physical style but I haven't seen him in awhile unfortunately. Hopefully he comes back around and plays another season in the SMJHL."

Interview "Would you want to spend another season in the SMJHL?"

"At this point, yes. I believe that another season of development is exactly what I need, I don't believe that I'm truly ready for the SHL yet. I've already talked to Jorec about it and he is very on board with me going back down to the SMJHL. I still believe that myself and the Scarecrows have a lot of unfinished business down there with the Four Star Cup. I want to bring home the Cup next season before I move up to the SHL."

Interview "Any word on if you will stay in the SHL or be sent down to the SMJHL this season?"

"Just to piggyback off of the last question, I'm returning to the St. Louis Scarecrows for a second season, and am very happy about it. I know that Allen and Ryan King have a very big intention to win next year, and I want to be there to help the team as much as I can."

Interview "Were you surprised that you went #2 overall? Or did you have a pretty good idea that is about where you would go prior to the draft?"

"To be honest, going into the draft I didn't really know where I was going to be drafted. I was in contact with a few GM's who were looking to draft me, and I wish I could play for everyone who wanted me to, but unfortunately there is only one of me [chuckle]. I can't say enough good things about all the GM's who reached out to me, everyone was super kind and made good pitches for me to play for their club. With that being said, I'm very happy to be a member of the Rage and bring this team closer to a Challenge Cup."

Interview "What makes you excited about playing in a big city like Manhattan?"

"Manhattan is huge, and there is a lot of turnout to our games. I'm very excited to be apart of a team that is in the position it is currently in. I want to be a cornerstone of this team to build it into a contender. I'm very excited to be active in the community and hopefully get some hockey camps for the kids up and running when I start playing for the Rage. I'm excited to see Broadway for the first time too [laugh]."

Interview "How does it feel to be drafted in between your former St. Louis teammates, Kowalski and Reay?"

"I can't say enough good things about either of them. Kowalski is going to be a superstar in this league, his game is so intense and his vision on the ice is so good, I'm not looking forward to playing against him because he will kill my plus/minus rating [laugh]. Same with Reay, who is being represented by the same agent who represented his father and Daniel Merica. Both of those players were absolute superstars, and I have no doubt that Reay will be the same. It makes me very proud to be considered to be in the same conversation as them, and I believe that I will live up to the expectations that the Rage management has put into me."

Interview "What are your goals for the season, if you are sent down? If you are called up?"

"Well, I'm being sent down. I think that forty points is not out of range. I want to be a leader on that team again and play in every situation that you can think of. I want to be somebody that organization can rely on in any situation to get the job done. When I come up to the SHL, I want to be in that exact same leadership position... Maybe not captain [laugh]. Razin is an extremely good defenceman, and deserves the captaincy more than anybody else that I could think of, but I want to be able to play in any situation for the Rage."

Interview "Did you think you'd be drafted so early in the days leading up to the draft?"

"I had a feeling I was going to go anywhere from second to sixth overall. There was a lot of interest in teams that didn't land me, but things just didn't work out. I feel like the Rage is definitely one of the best fits I could have landed myself in, and I'm very honored to be selected by a team only five seasons away from a Challenge Cup. I'm very excited to be able to have the potential to be a cornerstone in this franchise and play my heart out for this organization."

Interview "Any big, exciting plans for the offseason?"

"To be honest, not really [laugh]. I'm a pretty normal guy. Just a lot of training, maybe sit down at my NASCAR simulator and run some laps to get my mind off of things for awhile, but other than that, I have my eyes focused on next season in the SMJHL, and I want to be the best defenceman in that league next year."

Interview "How do you feel about your fellow Rage draft picks, Selena, Wendell and Jacob?"

"I got nothing but good things to say about all of them. I was hoping that we would target Selena Bauer, because she one of the top goalies in the draft. Wendell is such an underrated defenseman in my opinion and I'm pretty stoked that we picked him up. Jacob Andrews has so much talent too, we picked up a lot of good guys this season and I'm very excited for what the future holds for the Rage."

Interview "Outside of your fellow top five picks, who do you think will will turn out to be the stronger players of your draft. Do you think anyone got a real steal or did everyone fall where they should?"

"I feel like Dane Rowe was a top 5 pick, he put in a lot of hard work throughout the entire season and Toronto got a steal for him at the 11th pick. I think Eugene Feist is going to surprise people too, and Seattle got a very solid and rapidly improving player there. For the most part though, everyone fell where their skill levels would put them to be drafted I feel."

Interview "how does it feel to be drafted before the future MVP of the league?"

"[laugh], I can only assume you're talking about Scotty Reay? Wink It is weird how we have a guy named Montel Vontavious Porter who used to be a pro wrestler but now plays hockey. I can dig it though. He did some great work in New Japan Pro Wrestling. He could be the MVP of the league, I definitely wouldn't fight him for it, he knows his stuff :lol:"

Interview "What would your reaction have been if you slipped to the second round?"

"You know, I hadn't really thought about that to be honest. I think that if I fell to the second round, I would definitely be upset because I had considered myself a first round talent all season, and it would certainly be humbling to my ego if none of the 14 teams agreed with my self assessment. With that being said, I would still work my ass off for whatever team drafts me and do everything that I can to make that hockey club better.

Interview "Do you think you will be with the Rage for a long time or is free agency something you want to experience?"

"I believe that I will be with the Rage for a long time, Jorec wants to put a championship caliber hockey team on the ice every season and I want to be a part of that moment where they lift the Challenge Cup again. One of the things that really made me want to play for the Rage was the opportunity to be a cornerstone of the franchise someday, and get the Rage closer to winning a Challenge Cup. I believe that we have a lot of good pieces right now that will lead us to a Challenge Cup, and I'm very excited about that."

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Talk about your future in Manhattan, and what you think of the team so far.

Are you mad that you weren't first overall? Or are you going to play the "I'm just happy to be here" card?

How do you feel about Dean Banger?

Would you want to spend another season in the smjhl?

Any word on if you will stay in the SHL or be sent down to the SMJHL this season?

Were you surprised that you went #2 overall? Or did you have a pretty good idea that is about where you would go prior to the draft?

What makes you excited about playing in a big city like Manhattan?

How does it feel to be drafted in between your former St. Louis teammates, Kowalski and Reay?

What are your goals for the season, if you are sent down? If you are called up?

Did you think you'd be drafted so early in the days leading up to the draft?

Any big, exciting plans for the offseason?

bumping this thing, all questions so far answered!

Cheers

Can't think of any questions rn but congrats brotha, you're gonna be a stud

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Dec 30 2015, 10:42 PM
Can't think of any questions rn but congrats brotha, you're gonna be a stud

thanks man, you're too kind.

Cheers

How do you feel about your fellow Rage draft picks, Selena, Wendell and Jacob?

Outside of your fellow top five picks, who do you think will will turn out to be the stronger players of your draft. Do you think anyone got a real steal or did everyone fall where they should?

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

how does it feel to be drafted before the future MVP of the league?

Congrats man, huge honour to get drafted so early.

What would your reaction have been if you slipped to the second round?

Do you think you will be with the Rage for a long time or is free agency something you want to experience?

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]