Create Account

(OTTP 16) Major League Baseball The Beginning

me likey

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by jason97@Jan 21 2016, 09:18 PM
me likey
On the 1st page you said you were thinking about starting your own, please do, I would love to read it. Cheers

April 13th, Game 3 (2-0)
Chicago - 9  13  10
Boston - 4  5  4
W: Spalding (1-2, 2.88) L: McMullin (1-1, 4.50 ERA)
BOS SP John McMullin 9 IP 13 H 8 ER
CHI SP Al Spalding 9 IP 5 H 0 ER
CHI C Mike McGeary 4-5 3 R 1 RBI 1 Triple
ATT: 932

Well that didn't go as expected. Spalding was great just allowing 5 hits over 9 inning but his defence let him down again fumbling or throwing the ball away 10 times. However, our guys couldn't really do anything anyways. I will take the 2-1 series win to start the season though. Next we have all of next week off before finishing the month with 2 games against the Brooklyn Atlantics. Just like that 10% of the season is done! 

BOS CF Sam Jackson has returned from the DL and will be slotted in the lineup right away. BOS UTL Tom Patterson hit .154 (2-13) in his absence and that wasn't better than the players in the other positions he could play (2B, LF, RF) so he will be sitting out. If he had been hitting better than anyone in the positions I might have played him as in a short season I need player who are hitting. 

PHI 2B Jimmy Wood is named the AL Player of the Week. He went 5-9 and drove in 2. For the year he is 5-13 (.385 AVG) and 2 RBI.
BRK 3B Levi Meyerle is named the NL Player of the Week. He also went 5-9 with 1 HR and 2 RBI. For the year he is 6-14 (.429 AVG), 1 HR and 2 RBI.

Boston fell to T-2 in the Power Rankings this week behind Cleveland Forest Citys and are now tied with Brooklyn and St.Louis. 

This is dope man

RIPDAVE

April 23rd, Game 4 (2-1)
Brooklyn - 12  13  3
Boston - 6  9  6
W: Bobby Mathews (3-1, 3.34) L: Rynie Wolters (1-1, 4.50)
BOS SP Rynie Wolters 9 IP 13 H 4 ER 1 HR BB

BRK SP Bobby Mathews 9 IP 9 H 3 ER K
BRK SS Davy Force 3-5 3 R 2 RBI 
BRK 3B Levi Meyerle 1-5 1 R 1 HR 2 RBI

ATT: 1110

Well thats not how I wanted to start the series at all. Wolters again got lit up in his start allowing 13 hits but the defence wasn't able to bail him out this time as we committed 6 errors. The game was tied after 4 at 4 runs a piece. However Brooklyn would proceed to scored 3 runs in the 6th and 4 runs in the 9th to cement our loss. It was actually 8-5 going into the 9th and I had a glimmer of hope but that all came crashing down as Wolters loaded the bases in the 9th. Funny thing is he got 2 outs after loading them but Davy Force came in and snuck a hit into left to score 2 runs. BOS CF Sam Jackson went 2-3 in his return with 2 RBI's meaning he hasn't skipped a beat after missing literally all of Spring Training and the 1st series of the campaign.

PHI CF Tom York (4.5*/5*) wins AL Player of the Week going 4-6 and getting 3 RBI. He is hitting 6-20 (.300) on the season getting 3 RBI.
CHI LF Fred Treacey (5*) wins NL Player of the Week going 3-4 for 2 HR's and 4 RBI. He is hitting 6-16 (.375) on the season for 2 HR's and 7 RBI.

Power Rankings are out we are 5th place tied with Cleveland. Brooklyn moves into top spot. 

BAL C Deacon White injures himself while cleaning his handgun. Shoots his own foot and is out at least a month. 

April 30th, Game 5 (2-2)
Oops nevermind. Game was postponed due to bad weather in Boston.

PHI CF Tom York (4.5*/5*) wins AL Player of the Week going 4-5 for 2 HR's, 5 RBI's and 5 Runs. He is hitting 10-25 (.400) on the season for 2 HR's and 8 RBI. 
CIN 2B Wes Fisler (3*/4*) wins NL Player of the Week going 4-5 for 3 RBI's. He is hitting 5-23 (.217) on the season for 4 RBI.
PHI CF Tom York also wins AL Batter of the Month for April for the stats I mentioned above (season stats).
CHI CF Fred Treacey (5*) win NL Batter of the Month for April. He hit .333 (7-21) with 3 HR's and 9 RBI.
STL SP Cherokee Fisher (2*) wins AL Pitcher of the Month for April. He is 4-1 with a 2.09 ERA and 2 K.
BRK SP Bobby Mathews (3.5*/5*) wins NL Pitcher of the Month for April. He is 3-1 with a 3.34 ERA and 2 K.
STL SP Cherokee Fisher also wins AL Rookie of the Month for April for the stats I mentioned above (season stats).
CHI CF Fred Treacey also wins NL Rookie of the Month for April for the stats I mentions above (season stats).

Power Rankings are out and we moved up to 4th without playing a game. St.Louis moves up to 1st.

STL SP Cherokee Fisher (2*) wins AL Player of the Week going 1-0 with a 1.00 ERA. He is 5-1 with a 1.90 ERA.
CIN RF George Heubel (2*) wins NL Player of the Week going 3-4 with 1 RBI. He is hitting 10-26 (.385) on the year with 7 RBI.

Next we have a double header against Brooklyn.

May 8th, Game 5 (Afternoon, 2-2)
Brooklyn - 5 10 6
Boston - 6 8 9
W: John McMullin (2-1, 3.33)
L: Bobby Mathews (3-2, 2.93)
BOS SP John McMullin 9 IP 10 H 1 ER BB 2K
BOS 2B Warren White 2-4 2 R 1 RBI

Attendance at South End Grounds I: 854

Well it wasn't the prettiest game. Our guys tried really hard to throw the game away in the top of the 9th. We had 3 errors if I recall. 9 on the day and it's not like McMullin was on his game too as he allowed 10 hits. Luckily most were for singles. BOS 2B Warren White really wants to get his place on the field knowing if he has a bad series Patterson will get a chance to replace him as he is the better defender. Now onwards to the night game!

May 8th, Game 6 (Night, 3-2)
Brooklyn - 14 16 9
Boston - 9 14 9
W: Bobby Mathews (4-2, 3.46) L: Rynie Wolters (1-2, 5.00)
BOS SP Rynie Wolters 9 IP 16 H 6 ER BB

BRK 1B Joe Start 4-6 2 R 1 RBI
BRK 3B Levi Meyerle 2-6 3 R HR 3 RBI

Attendance at South End Grounds I: 992

The difference in this game? We didn't score not once but TWICE with the bases loaded. That's right, we had the bases loaded once with no outs and once with 1 out and we couldn't muster a single freaking hit. I almost broke my laptop I was so frustrated. Stupid game. I'm very disappointed in the result as our 2 and 3 hitters are batting a whooping .207 and .138 on the year (Waterman and McVey). Wolters has also been a disappointment allowing 10+ hits every start so far. Waterman and McVey actually could be hitting a lot worse too, because Waterman had 2 hits this game with McVey getting 1. So let that sink it on how bad they are doing. Oh and Levi Meyerle hit his 2 HR against us in the series so theres that. Overall, sad way to end the series vs Brooklyn considering the 9th inning of the game we almost threw away.