Create Account

Classifieds?

Right now, I am in the process of writing a beefy article on the SMJHL preseason. I was looking to hire some helping hands who would get a cut in exchange for say, finding a game where a certain player REALLY stood out, or it was super close the whole game, etc.

I looked through the job postings forum but it seemed that the whole thing was just official business (like the stuff that goes under your avatar and name, like GM and so). Among the last five posts, for instance, are titles such as "Discipline Committee" and "Hiring: 2 Bankers". I don't know where else to find someone to help me out other than the job postings, but it looks like that's some kind of corporate mumbo jumbo over there.

My proposal is another subforum that could be worked into the site- a classifieds system, where users exchange among themselves. For instance, I could offer a 10% cut of my article payout if someone can PM me good resources for an essay about the 9th SHL season or expansion or something.

I feel confident about this idea so I'm pitching it. Leave feedback, because I'm sure I missed a major flaw in it somewhere.

Pros:
Never runs out of jobs
Good way to net some extra cash
A good way to get rep
Market/trade system
Job postings, classifieds, and graphics could all be placed in their own forum as "Services" or something

Cons:
A new rule would have to be incorporated making sure that those employed are guaranteed pay for their work
There might not be enough jobs to support the system
Old timers could charge for advice

Thanks!!! Towel Cheers

This is a good idea.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

sounds kinda soft

I think posting stuff like this in the existing forum would work just as well.

The idea of services is really good, though. People should post more for stuff like that.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Have a look at the 9-2 montreal win over st.loius Wink :lol: thats a nice write there

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart