Create Account

Portland Admirals Punishment

:-s

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Feb 26 2016, 11:37 PM

The idea behind the public tampering rule was not for threads like Deener's to be made, or for people to make legitimate pitches to players. The problem is that, as I'm sure you remember, every time someone made a FA Rankings list before the rule, every reply would be people just putting their teams logo. It's a grey area. I do not agree with any form of public tampering, but it's not a particularly easy rule to write. You obviously aren't going to punish people for harmless shit like posting a logo, but how far is too far, ya know?
I agree wholeheartedly. I think the rule should be revamped altogether to explicitly be telling someone to leave a team they're currently under contract with, discussing a contract, or discussing specifics (IE: lineup position or captaincy). I see no harm whatsoever in something like "(INSERT TEAM NAME HERE) would love to have you! Good rankings" or something like that. But when you have someone saying "We'd love to have you! We have so much money we could offer you and you'd fit in really well in our locker room!" it's too much. Praising a player and saying you'd like to have them on the team isn't exactly tampering, trying to coax them away from another team is tampering. This case I'd say is pretty obviously tampering. But just in general the rules need to be revamped and a concrete example of what can and can't be said needs to be laid out on the boards for both private and in public conversations to avoid this type of crap happening and a team basically being ruined. I mean I know if I was on Portland I'd be beyond upset right now, they have no shot at being cup contenders, and for the entire next season can't really improve at all.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

[Image: sad-pug.jpg]

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Congrats to FORFEITED on being drafted 1st overall!

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Quote:Originally posted by raymond3000@Feb 26 2016, 11:47 PM
Congrats to FORFEITED on being drafted 1st overall!

so proud of him/her

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 26 2016, 11:35 PM
Tampering the dumbest fucking rule in the shl.
agreed, but you have to be a legitimate idiot to break it

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Feb 26 2016, 11:37 PM

The idea behind the public tampering rule was not for threads like Deener's to be made, or for people to make legitimate pitches to players. The problem is that, as I'm sure you remember, every time someone made a FA Rankings list before the rule, every reply would be people just putting their teams logo. It's a grey area. I do not agree with any form of public tampering, but it's not a particularly easy rule to write. You obviously aren't going to punish people for harmless shit like posting a logo, but how far is too far, ya know?
the point of Deener's articles is to make the HO look into changing the public tampering rules, so applause to the HO

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2016, 11:37 PM

Good, leave no grey area in that stuff. It's pretty silly that you can say something in public and not have an issue, yet say the exact same thing in private and you screw your team over for the foreseeable future. Never understood the public tampering thing in the first place.
there 100% should be a grey area when it comes to tampering

there is a huge difference between me saying to EMS for example, "I miss you, come back to me, etc"
and Deener makes a thread telling potential FAs why they should sign with the Renes

theres a way to not let people tamper publicly or privately while also letting members be friends around the boards

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Feb 26 2016, 11:54 PM

there is a huge difference between me saying to EMS for example, "I miss you, come back to me, etc"
and Deener makes a thread telling potential FAs why they should sign with the Renes

theres a way to not let people tamper publicly or privately while also letting members be friends around the boards
Agreed I mean leave no grey area about what is and what is not punishable as far as tampering. Because it's far too much up to interpretation right now and that causes nothing but problems

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Feb 26 2016, 08:40 PM

No it isn't. Its the only way contracts are at all relevant.

Sounds like an issue, maybe that'll be resolved by S37.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 26 2016, 11:56 PM

Agreed I mean leave no grey area about what is and what is not punishable as far as tampering. Because it's far too much up to interpretation right now and that causes nothing but problems
i misread your post lol

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Feb 27 2016, 12:54 AM

I mean, I've definitely talked to PB about how much I'd enjoy the NEW LR and stuff. But I have her GM's permission to talk to her, and she has mine. So yeah.

But I agree, there's a big difference between these two types of situations, and while it's easy to watch what you say to players to avoid tampering, it's kind of a pain to consider your every word sometimes.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 26 2016, 11:58 PM

Sounds like an issue, maybe that'll be resolved by S37.
you should be a lot more angry at your Co-GM than the HO TBH

:o

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Shevy Shev@Feb 27 2016, 01:00 AM

you should be a lot more angry at your Co-GM than the HO TBH
Stop saying things I agree with and let me go back to not liking you Smile)

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]