Create Account

Mooks Back

Oh awesome. Looks like fun!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn+Feb 29 2016, 07:41 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (WannabeFinn @ Feb 29 2016, 07:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->do you wear polar bear fur[/b]

No polar bear furs, I did wear some seal skin boots though that were pretty warm though. While it was cold, it was dry, so I was still able to walk outside over to the gym in shorts

Quote:Originally posted by WZjang@Feb 29 2016, 07:41 PM<br />Mook is back... Back again... Mook is back... You guys get the point Wink

Should be back for awhile now :D

Quote:Originally posted by Jesster@Feb 29 2016, 07:41 PM<br />Was there a party for the first sunrise? I imagine I would want to get wild after all that darkness.

Unfortunately there is restricted drinking up there, 2/day. It didn't really bother me too much since I'm not a big drinker anyways, but on the nights where they did let us have a bit more we had some pretty good times. Drunken 3am dodgeball is fun. We had a ceremony for the sunset, and I imagine there was one for the sunrise as well, I left a couple days before it happened :(

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Feb 29 2016, 07:42 PM<br />How hard is it to adjust to the constant presence/lack of sunlight?

The 24 hour daylight really messed with my head, walking outside at 3am and seeing the sun at the top of the sky like it was noon really confuses your body. I had a way easier time with the 24 darkness as by the time I was done work it felt like it should be dark outside anyways. A lot of people get depressed during the darkness, but if you keep busy enough around the station you handle it just fine

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Feb 29 2016, 07:44 PM<br />I missed you :wub:

Missed you to cutie :wub:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 29 2016, 07:56 PM<br />Did you see Santa?

I did see Santa, and he even let me walk around his workshop. The elves are not little people as most of the world believes, but actually 50+ year old disgruntled old men who smell like sawdust and cigarettes. It is a happy place

Quote:Originally posted by Mac@Feb 29 2016, 07:56 PM<br />Describe just how cold it was.

As long as there is no wind, it feels alright. A dry -35 will make your nose stick together when you breathe, but it has a hard time penetrating your clothes. As soon as that wind picks up though it is like being stabbed all over the body with thousands of icy blades. We had one storm that hit -60C with the wind chill. My face felt like it was being shaved with an icicle razor

Quote:Originally posted by JackCross@Feb 29 2016, 07:57 PM<br />MOOK'S BACK! MOOK'S BACK! MOOK'S BACK!

I had sex this morning and am sitting in the theater waiting for the "Deadpool" credits to finish, and this ranks among the best things today!

Welcome back!!

Thanks JC :wub: Hopefully the quality of the sex was not diminished by my return, usually I only like to ruin my own sex, not other peoples

Quote:Originally posted by Nike@Feb 29 2016, 08:06 PM<br />Towel my buddy :wub:

Missed youuuuuuuu :-x

Quote:Originally posted by Ragnar#sweg( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)@Feb 29 2016, 08:09 PM<br />Hey my mookie pookie I missed u tbqh

Ragsbb... hai ;Wink

Quote:Originally posted by GoodLeftUndone@Feb 29 2016, 08:13 PM<br />I didn't know you were gone&nbsp; :lol:

That's cool though, my uncle did something like that recently and I heard a lot of interesting stories Smile

Many interesting stories take place in isolated places like that, I can only imagine the ones that other people have

Quote:Originally posted by probablydrunk@Feb 29 2016, 08:19 PM<br />What was the population?

How does the booze get there?

Were there any inconveniences of the 24 hour light/dark you didn't expect?

According the census, the population is 1. There is one person up there who does a 14 month tour for Environment Canada and since he does not really have a home down south, his residence is Alert. During the summer though, we get about 130 people on station, and during the winter we hit a low of 68 people

Everything gets flown in, which is pretty crazy to think about when you consider every single building, vehicle and item up there had to come in by plane.

The only thing I really noticed that I did not expect, was that I had more naps during 24 hours daylight then I did 24 hour darkness

Quote:Originally posted by Harry@Feb 29 2016, 08:25 PM<br />[Image: giphy.gif]

I ask you, why not?

<!--QuoteBegin-LatvianBastard@Feb 29 2016, 08:28 PM
the twat is back, for real now :wub:[/quote]

:wub:

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Yay mook

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Mook!!!!!

You were up there for military stuff, right? Smile

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo+Feb 29 2016, 08:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bojo @ Feb 29 2016, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Oh awesome. Looks like fun![/b]

It was, I'd go back up in a second

<!--QuoteBegin-jaladolar@Feb 29 2016, 08:57 PM
Yay mook[/quote]

Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by BluesBoy71@Feb 29 2016, 09:01 PM
Mook!!!!!

You were up there for military stuff, right? Smile

Yessir!

Quote:Originally posted by Mook@Feb 29 2016, 09:55 PM

As long as there is no wind, it feels alright. A dry -35 will make your nose stick together when you breathe, but it has a hard time penetrating your clothes. As soon as that wind picks up though it is like being stabbed all over the body with thousands of icy blades. We had one storm that hit -60C with the wind chill. My face felt like it was being shaved with an icicle razor

Jesus, I had to walk about 1.5km a week or two ago in freezing rain/ice pellets and that was miserable enough but -60c with wind chill? Fuck no, nope, nope, nope.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Welcome back buddy! Didn't realize you had gone there in the first place. Sounds fun and creepy at the same time.

MOOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss the boobs (and you)

Welcome back, Mook!

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

I completely missed this, welcome back! :ahh!:

How many toes did you lose up there?

Also inside or outside toilets?

Falcons

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Who are you?

by the way ... a huge experience this 6 months! I would love to have the same.

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Damn, I was wondering where you were some time back. I missed you. And this trip sounds great, thanks for sharing the details!

May I ask how much it cost to make it happen?

Welcome back Mook, guess its time for me to return to Manhattan.

Its been fun, Minnesota.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Is that the guy who ruined the PT system along with Schultzy?