Create Account

S28 Wolfpack Interested Prospects

<div align="center"> Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack </div>

There are a lot of questions here - you may answer as few or as many as you'd like, and if there's something missing feel free to write up and answer your own questions instead.

Sorry to those of you posting in the other thread today! Feel free to re-answer here or not.

1. What are your long term goals for your player? Short term goals?

2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?

3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?

5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?

6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?

7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?

8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.

9. What's one reason the Pack should draft you? What's one reason we shouldn't?

10. What question should I be asking you?

11. Do you have any questions for the Pack, or for me? (You can also always feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to answer questions and help out.)

Questions from the Team:

1. Why?

2. What's your favorite pony?*
*NEW does not directly endorse pony-loving ways, but we stand behind our pony-loving members

3. What stat is most important to your player? What's the leaderboard you check for your own name?

4. Tell us your worst joke.

5. Would you be interested in hanging out with us and playing games (Town of Salem, Cards Against Humanity, Keep Talking and No One Explodes) or just chatting?

6. How do you deal with drama? How do you cope with losing? Do you get by with a little help from your friends?

7. Are you okay spending time around people with cooties?

8. Can you top this?

<div align="center"> Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack </div>

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

yes

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Feb 29 2016, 09:42 PM
yes
Cool, just leave WKP and come join us, then!

Profile | Updates

Still never adds my questions. <_<

RIP Mac & 701

Quote:Originally posted by TheNextGreatOne@Feb 29 2016, 10:08 PM
Still never adds my questions.&nbsp; <_<
You didn't post any questions for me to ask this season <_<

Profile | Updates

Someday she will get in a fight with a large man, and she will crush them.

But mostly I just want to keep her diligently updated and able to contribute to her team to the best of her ability.

2. Do you want to move up to the SHL immediately? Play one or more seasons in juniors? Open to either?

If there's no serious immediate need for me, I'd like to play for at least another season in juniors.

3. What's most important to you in an SHL team? Would you rather be on a winning team, or a close-knit and active one? What else differentiates a team you'd want to play on?

I want it to be a fun place to be! Winning is great, but I think winning with great people makes it that much sweeter.

4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?

I'm pretty quiet, but always ready with a heart emoji and an abundance of exclamation points.

5. How did you find out about the SHL? What's your favorite part about this site?

I've been listening to lil go on and on about it since she first joined :-x My favourite part is probably reading the media sections.

6. What's something you want to do in the SHL that you haven't gotten to do yet? What are you most proud of in your SMJHL career to date?

I'd like Mia to have the honour of wearing a letter - she's a big fan of leading/clearing the way for her team. I'm most proud of Mia's top pair minutes and her contributions on the penalty kill.

7. How active are you on the SHL? What's something that could drop your activity levels in the future?

Pretty active! I'm always lurking around reading things and looking for an opportunity to join a discussion. The amount of schoolwork I have to do could drop my activity levels, but I don't foresee myself not having time to, at the very least, drop by.

8. Tell me something about yourself! What do you do when you're not on the SHL? What's your favorite hockey team, and how did you get into the sport? Or something completely unrelated to hockey.

When I'm not on the SHL, I hang out on Twitter and scream a lot. I'm a home grown Edmonton Oilers fan. Smile

- I'm really cool and dedicated and fun.
- I'm actually not cool at all.

"Did lil coerce you into joining the SHL?"
Yes. She played a long game and she won.

11. Do you have any questions for the Pack, or for me? (You can also always feel free to PM me, I'm always happy to answer questions and help out.)

how's it going?

1. Why?

Yes.

*NEW does not directly endorse pony-loving ways, but we stand behind our pony-loving members

To make Eggy happy: Rainbow Dash.

3. What stat is most important to your player? What's the leaderboard you check for your own name?

Shots Blocked. Smile

i really.... i really don't have any jokes...

see how bad that was?

5. Would you be interested in hanging out with us and playing games (Town of Salem, Cards Against Humanity, Keep Talking and No One Explodes) or just chatting?

Yeah, for sure!

6. How do you deal with drama? How do you cope with losing? Do you get by with a little help from your friends?

- Roll my eyes and move on.
- Resolve to do better next time and move on.
- Yes.

Considering I probs can't get them through the computer screen, totes.

8. Can you top this?

Undoubtedly not.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Answer the first part in the S27 thread. I'll answer these ones now
Questions from the Team:

1. Why?
Sure is

The one with hooves

Hits,points, +/-

Why did the scarecrow get promoted? He was "outstanding in his field" haha haha haha ... I'll leave now

Sure!

All of the above

Cooties aren't real. But yes. Yes I am.

8. Can you top this?

Nobody can ever top that

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Long term, to be an integral and productive member of a successful SHL team. Short term, to continue to improve steadily, to get drafted, and to start building relationships on an SHL team.

I'd be happy to play another season with the Knights, but I'm open to either. Whatever my team needs.

I'm really more interested in playing for an active team than a winning one. Of course, winning would be nice--and it's something I hope my player will be able to contribute to down the road--but the social aspect of the league is what makes it fun, in my opinion. A team low on drama is pretty important to me, too.

I'm pretty positive and encouraging. I like friendly banter, too.

A friend peaked my interest in the league. It's a really great way to connect with people who share my love of hockey.

I'd really like to score a hat trick! And I'm really proud of the A my player wore for the Knights this season.

I'm very active. I update regularly, am active in the locker room, and am fairly active on chatzy. I would very much like to maintain my activity level, but ending up on a ghost town team might be discouraging.

I'm a big reader and I love to travel. I'm a Dallas Stars fan. I live in Texas, so they're the home team, but I follow a few other teams as well. I got into the sport when I got a new roommate who's super into it. She kinda dragged me along for the ride.

I can promise to be active and to be a good addition to the team socially. I'm pretty easygoing, but also super competitive. The only reason why you shouldn't draft me is if you don't think I'd be a good fit for the team. Because I truly want to end up somewhere where I'll be a good fit, both socially and in play during the season.

I think you guys have covered all of the important stuff. But, you could ask my favorite color, or my favorite board game, or whether I prefer coffee or tea? Smile

What's the number one quality the Pack values in its players?

Questions from the Team:

1. Why?
Why not?

The kind that wears a sweater.
[Image: jzjzex.jpg]

Assists, maybe? I'm working on a passing build. But I look at +/- a lot. I want my player to be defensively responsible. A contender for the Selke, if this were the NHL.

Why do chicken coops only have two doors? Because if they had four, they would be chicken sedans!

100%

I deal with drama by ignoring it, mostly. And I cope with losing by continuing to work hard at whatever I'm trying to win. I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends.

I've been vaccinated.

8. Can you top this?
I mean, I could, but my record label doesn't like me to record anything unless it goes through them first.

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Long term I want my player to turn into a pony. Short term that would be nice too.

I'm fine going back to Montreal, I think I have one season left of eligibility so that would be nice.

Who the fuck would want to go to a close-knit and active team? I'll take a winning team that is either inactive or hates each other and wins thank you very much.

I'm liable to get into gif wars with myself.

I found out thanks to some RED scrub on Reddit, and my favorite part is that Eggy guy.

I want to fight Maria Maximova, and I'm most proud of losing in Game 7 to the Montreal Impact in S24.

I'm borderline inactive.

I'm always on the SHL. My favorite team is whoever's in last because tanking is fun. I do nothing outside of hockey.

Draft me because I said so. Don't draft me because I'm so demanding.

Why have you answered every single one of our interested prospects threads since you were drafted?

I don't believe in PMing GMs before the draft. That's not something I'd ever do.

Questions from the Team:

1. Why?

Fuck you Tomato.

I hate My Little Pony. It's a kid's show.

I'm a pass-first defender, so naturally I check my goals first.

SHL expansion.

No. I hate having a sense of community.

I usually just post pictures of ponies.

As long as they aren't Raven Silverbum.

8. Can you top this?

[Image: 6U7vYCZ.png]

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Feb 29 2016, 09:43 PM
[b]4. What's your locker room personality? Are you a natural leader? Shy but interested? Always in the middle of a gif war?

I'm liable to get into gif wars with myself.[/b]
You think he's joking, but this actually happens with some frequency. Are you prepared, prospies?

Quote:Originally posted by lil@Feb 29 2016, 09:46 PM

You think he's joking, but this actually happens with some frequency. Are you prepared, prospies?
Don't worry, I share an LR with him in SMJHL. I've seen shit

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Jepox@Feb 29 2016, 10:58 PM

Don't worry, I share an LR with him in SMJHL. I've seen shit

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Long term I want him to be able to make an impact on his team. I plan for him to have a long career in the SHL. However my short term goal is to stay with my SMJHL team for the season and put in one hell of a run for the Four Star Cup. We went through a lot of downs together this season and bonded for it, I want to be there for the ups too. I'm attached to them or whatever (don't tell Mac, it'll go to his head).

See above :D

Close-knit and active is way more important to me, by far. A fun LR is a definite bonus, the kind of thing that makes me want to check in all the time.

I would say somewhere between natural leader and shy but interested. It's a little intimidating to be the new guy in the LR, especially as someone who is so new to the site, but I definitely try to be active. Hype people up about our games, ask how life is going, etc etc. Smile

a) lil b ) Meeting new people and getting to bond over pretend hockey. I think that counts as part of the site.

I think in general I'd just like to get more involved on the site. I sat back a bit this season so I want to see how much fun I can have if I step it up.

As far as what I'm most proud of I would probably say the fact that my team, after a brutal season, managed to push Colorado to seven games in round one. It didn't matter that we didn't win, we worked so hard and were so proud of ourselves. It was an awesome feeling.

I'm on everyday except for when rare obstacles come up. My real life is going through some big changes right now, and if that ends with a time-consuming new job, I might be on less throughout the day, but I still see myself checking in very regularly.

I yell at PB and lil on twitter a lot... :lol: The Stars are my favourite team but I like to spread the love around among an ever-growing list. I'm Canadian, I grew up with OHL hockey nearby all the time, I was pretty much raised on hockey, even though no one in my fam ever played.

I'm going to be around a lot, and for a long time, chatting and training my player. (Like how I worded that as though it's one thing? Sneaky)

The one reason you shouldn't draft me is because this draft has a lot of awesome players up for grabs and sadly the other teams probably won't let you use each pick for multiple players.

Questions from the Team:

1. Why?

Alternatively: why not?

Princess...sparkle...something?

Points are Bennett's bread and butter, whether it's goals or assists. He finished second in the league for rookie scoring. Hopefully next season I'll be seeing his name on the league scoring leaderboard for the SMJHL

[Image: February-12-2012-18-29-49-atempt.jpg]

You meant best bad joke, right?

I'm not familiar with all of these games, but I do love a good games night or chat. Definitely down to hang out.

Popcorn My approach to drama is to sit back and let it play out, as long as it doesn't directly involve me. If it does involve me, 1. I'm surprised, because I'm hella non-confrontational and am more likely to complain about it to the people I live with than to actually start something with someone. 2. I'm aiming for the quickest, easiest resolution (see: non-confrontational)

To cope with losing, I'm going to look at where we did well, celebrate that, and focus on improving where I fell short.

Yes.

I worked in the operating room cleaning up [redacted] for 3 years. Your cooties don't scare me.

8. Can you top this?

[Image: magic-8-ball.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by ej27@Feb 29 2016, 10:38 PM

Why do chicken coops only have two doors? Because if they had four, they would be chicken sedans!
=D>

RIP Mac & 701

1. Why?
Who? What?

Not fluttershy, because fluttershysucks

Defiantly not SB, no one cares about that stat.

My +/- last season.

Nope, never will

I cope with losing by pretending I didn't lose. :ph34r:

Ewwww no

8. Can you top this?
I don't think anyone can top that.

RIP Mac & 701