Create Account

S28 - Regular Season Index

Quote:Originally posted by enigmatic@Mar 21 2016, 08:20 AM
Flash news: Updaters might have stuff to do on the weekends and back up updaters might not be able to do the work with a zero day notice.

We're doing as best we can. Dangles has done a great job as head updater. He's really on top of things and contacts us backup updaters when he needs teams done and he does the rest when he can't find anyone.

When I was an updater there was a thread that allowed updaters to give more than a zero day notice so backup updaters can help take care of it. Was that thread removed, or what?

If you have stuff on the weekends, there is no reason you can't let people know. I'm not sure how having a life keeps someone from being able to communicate their own schedule so the job can get done.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 21 2016, 07:08 AM

When I was an updater there was a thread that allowed updaters to give more than a zero day notice so backup updaters can help take care of it. Was that thread removed, or what?

If you have stuff on the weekends, there is no reason you can't let people know. I'm not sure how having a life keeps someone from being able to communicate their own schedule so the job can get done.

If you don't actually know what's going on, then STFU

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Would be fun af, if Stampade could make it to the playoffs this season.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Mar 21 2016, 09:12 AM

How dare I make a comment, right Kez?

Jesus Christ.

2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*

Seems as if there is a contingency plan in place and the head updater is aware of the issue.

Not sure why there's any issue atm.

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Mar 21 2016, 09:28 AM
Seems as if there is a contingency plan in place and the head updater is aware of the issue.

Not sure why there's any issue atm.
There isn't, really.

Updaters have it all planned out today, no worries guys.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 21 2016, 09:08 AM

It's possible that something comes up on sunday, which gives a 0 day notice. I also won't take someone's teams in he says he'll get them done on Monday.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 21 2016, 07:24 AM

How dare I make a comment, right Kez?

Jesus Christ.

It's not about making a statement, it's about leveling unfair and unwarranted accusations, and acting like when you were an updater, everything was fucking perfect and nobody ever bailed on updating and left the rest of the league behind. The first games haven't even been simmed yet and you've created 2 pages of bitching about shit. How about you get off your high horse, and I dunno, offer to help instead of just complaining.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 21 2016, 09:32 AM

There isn't, really.
There are times to be cynical, I don't think this is one of them.

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Mar 21 2016, 10:12 AM
Big fan of the commissioners.

Didn't we have a discussion a while ago about commissioners being held to a higher standard when posting on the board...

Also, Kez might be joking because not sure I would expect this from him.

EDIT: From his second post, I am guessing he isn't.

I would like to propose that we move past this non issue and just enjoy the fact that the season is about to get underway in several hours.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

don't make me bust out the pooshkin photos. I'll do it! I swear!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Mar 21 2016, 09:45 AM

It's not about making a statement, it's about leveling unfair and unwarranted accusations, and acting like when you were an updater, everything was fucking perfect and nobody ever bailed on updating and left the rest of the league behind. The first games haven't even been simmed yet and you've created 2 pages of bitching about shit. How about you get off your high horse, and I dunno, offer to help instead of just complaining.
What am I accusing them of, exactly?

Holy shit, I asked about the updates, McZ got accusatory, then I responded to Enigmatic and you are suddenly on my case for voicing my perspective.

Calm your tits. My post about getting updates in time as an updater had the "Old man yells at cloud" picture because I'm aware of it being a "back in my day" post and I didn't want people to think I was acting like things were perfect when I was an updater.

[Image: 56345158.jpg]

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!