Create Account

Can we talk about SMJHL/SHL Send Downs

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Mar 21 2016, 10:02 PM
If they can't fill rosters why did we expand :-?
This ^

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@Mar 21 2016, 03:02 PM
If they can't fill rosters why did we expand :-?

This has been the question on my mind since it happened.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

Looking overall, Stampade and Admirals are in a really shitty situation and the two new SMJHL teams made this inactive signing & send-down thingy even more needed. Problems, problems, problems.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

I think it was so we didn't have maxed buuld, 3rd year send downs playing on their teams 3rd line anymore.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

The Jr expansion teams (Halifax & Colorado) were brought in originally to be temporary teams when times were good and then be pulled when expansion numbers weren't so hot as it would give flexibility to when Jrs would need 6 teams or 8 teams as we notices previously it was harder for Jr players to crack SHL rosters creating a backlog.

Now, that the drafts are getting smaller what should be happening is the agreed contraction when those teams were created with intended purpose as temporary when we had issues. Part 1 was done right... part 2. Not so much it seems.

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by vbottasnoods@Mar 21 2016, 03:12 PM
I think it was so we didn't have maxed buuld, 3rd year send downs playing on their teams 3rd line anymore.

That could have easily been solved by having SHL alone expand.

More SHL teams = more players in SHL.

However, since we did both it means we need more players in both leagues and that is just unsustainable.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

ORIGINSZ brought up this point in HO, that we might need to have a plan in place to contract if we have too many lower quantity draft classes in a row.

I do want to counsel patience until we see how a summer recruitment goes as that is our traditionally biggest draft class.

And it's not a rule per se, but any SMJHL GM who plays IFAs ahead of active players is not a very good GM for the SMJHL. But, at the same time, I don't blame them for doing what they can within the rules to flesh out their rosters to make them as strong as possible.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by Jedi@Mar 21 2016, 04:14 PM

That could have easily been solved by having SHL alone expand.

More SHL teams&nbsp; = more players in SHL.

However, since we did both it means we need more players in both leagues and that is just unsustainable.

Yeahthat

I lost about 5 players this season that were inactive, because shl gms didn't have room to sign them and send them down. Hurts my chances losing those solid permenantly smjhl players, but that's how it goes.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Maybe we shouldn't auto-retire inactives after one season of being in FA? That way we have a whole bunch of guys who are lower TPE guys who can be signed even if they've been inactive FA's for like 4 seasons

And they can be signed directly by junior teams instead of the send down stuff

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Mar 21 2016, 05:00 PM
what about simply not allowing inactive contracts the ability to be sent down
Ilike

[Image: cuffana.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hoovuh@Mar 21 2016, 12:18 PM
I lost about 5 players this season that were inactive, because shl gms didn't have room to sign them and send them down. Hurts my chances losing those solid permenantly smjhl players, but that's how it goes.
My frame of mind is if you have an inactive on your team, you should be able to retain him in the SMJHL if no SHL team will sign them.

Why not?

And then maybe we can put regression on every inactive no matter what season they're on so that you can't keep a good inactive over your rookies forever

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Hoovuh@Mar 21 2016, 05:18 PM
we dont want there to be any permanent smjhl players we should weed out the good inactives to give the active guys more playing time

[Image: cuffana.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Snoodacris@Mar 21 2016, 01:18 PM
Maybe we shouldn't auto-retire inactives after one season of being in FA? That way we have a whole bunch of guys who are lower TPE guys who can be signed even if they've been inactive FA's for like 4 seasons

And they can be signed directly by junior teams instead of the send down stuff

A new rule was put in place that limits players to 5 seasons of SMJHL eligibility.

I didn't do a count on it this season, but last season this whole rule of potentially eligible IFAs that could potentially be signed and sent down was only 8 players in total, so I didn't think it would be that big a deal.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by Snoodacris@Mar 21 2016, 03:20 PM

My frame of mind is if you have an inactive on your team, you should be able to retain him in the SMJHL if no SHL team will sign them.

Why not?

Because then it just becomes another league except the star players are inactives and the motivation needed for newbies decreases.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]