Create Account

S29 Steelhawks Interested Prospects

<div align="center">SteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawks

The Hamilton Steelhawks

SteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawksSteelhawks</div>

With the draft coming soon, it's time to hear from potential draftees! Hamilton has the tenth pick in the upcoming SHL entry draft, and is looking to add some quality youth to its roster.

First, a bit of background for those of you unfamiliar with this franchise:

The Hamilton Steelhawks were founded in S1, one of the original six teams in the league. Boasting a long history of success, the Steelhawks have missed the playoffs only once since S9. They recently won two cups in three seasons (S24/S26), and are on the hunt for another.

Hamilton has fostered a culture of winning, but more important is its sense of family. Members of our locker room are close, and care is taken that players new to the team are welcomed enthusiastically, with open arms. Management places an emphasis on creating franchise players, rather than attempting to win through rentals or free agents.

Currently, the team is primarily in need of defensemen. With players up front aging, however, there will soon be room on the wings, once a prospect has had an additional season or two in the minors. Additionally, GM and starting goaltender Jakob Tanner is looking to draft and groom his replacement in net, hoping for a goaltender in whom he can trust long-term.

If you're interested in both making lasting bonds and winning while you do it, please respond with the following:

Code:
[b][u]Player Name:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Position:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Activity (1-10):[/u][/b]

[b][u]What type of player are you looking to build?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]What's your favorite movie?:[/u][/b]

[b][u]Any other comments/concerns/questions?:[/u][/b]

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Player Name:
Harry Hans
Position:
LW
Activity (1-10):
What type of player are you looking to build?:
A sniper with good passing
Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?:
Yes
How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?:
My minor could have another chance at the 4 star cup
Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?:
LR
How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?:
Most of the people on my say i would be a top 10 pick i would choose that
What's your favorite movie?:
The Dark knight
Any other comments/concerns/questions?:
No

[Image: HansSHL.gif]

Player Name:Sebastian Strange

Position: LW/RW

Activity (1-10):10

What type of player are you looking to build?:Sniper, but passing and defensively responsible

Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?:Advice on how to improve my build, definitely. If it was a drastic change in direction i likely wouldn't because offense keeps me excited and so that is likely the type of player i would want to stay.

How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?:Extremely, the St. Louis Scarecrows are building something great and i really want to see what we can do next season in the SMJHL!

Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?:I am a LR kind of guy, while doing my media Articles, but not much of a forums guy (unless i find a thread i like)

How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?:I have been told i will go early, but you never know. I think i will go in the 1st round, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter, as its what you do after the draft that matters (continue to improve)

What's your favorite movie?:Fiction/Sci-Fi, so anything like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Superhero related are all good.....not one favorite

Any other comments/concerns/questions?: Thank you for asking! I have a couple questions for you!

1. What makes the Steelhawks a preferred destination for rookies? Why would someone want to pick this team over the others?

2. How long do you see a rookie playing in the SMJHL before being able to crack your line-up?

3. Which City do you like better - Copenhagen, Amsterdam, or Edmonton, and why?

4. How active is your locker room? Is it a friendly locker room with everyone getting along?

Cheers

<a href='index.php?showuser=2151' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Bishop</a>
Any other comments/concerns/questions?: Thank you for asking! I have a couple questions for you!

1. What makes the Steelhawks a preferred destination for rookies? Why would someone want to pick this team over the others?
We're a drama-free team inside our LR, and we're all friends here. We also have a history of winning, especially in recent seasons. There are a couple weaknesses in our roster that need addressing, but we're never out of the running for the cup, even when we sometimes have a mediocre lineup.

2. How long do you see a rookie playing in the SMJHL before being able to crack your line-up?
Honestly, it'd be as soon as the player is comfortable making the jump. We have several aging players up front and our defensive core has a few replaceable inactives.

3. Which City do you like better - Copenhagen, Amsterdam, or Edmonton, and why?
Amsterdam, if only for the conversation at the beginning of Pulp Fiction

4. How active is your locker room? Is it a friendly locker room with everyone getting along?
We currently have several inactives on our roster, but are making moves with activity in mind. Mac and Dangles are both extremely active members, and everyone on the team feeds off of others' activity. We haven't had any LR drama in several seasons, and we try very hard to foster a feeling of being friends as well as teammates.

Player Name:

Mikael Talo

Position:

C (though I am not wedded to this and could have him play at wing depending on team needs)

Activity (1-10):

:ahh!:

A cutie patootie with a hella rad boot--er, sniper. I have SC primary and PA secondary for the decision-making gap atm and I really like how that's working out.

Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?:

Not only would I, I would deeply appreciate it! I don't expect babysitting but it's very nice to have my hand held crossing the street. o:-)

How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?:

Somewhere between "it would be really nice" and "PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE". I love the Knights and don't want to leave them in the lurch after tearin' up the scoresheet. I'm also not looking forward to separating Mikael from jjaybs's Mikke and hope to stave it off entirely if possible. (I love all of my buds deeply, but jjaybs has met my IRL family and our Polaroid is on my bedroom corkboard!Wink

Depends on what's going on. I generally have an easier time blasting through my knee-jerk mix of introversion and shyness in a place where lots of people are talking; my answer would change based on the activity levels of both places. (For some reason, jumping into conversations is okay but initiating makes my stomach quail--it's a skill I'm still working on!Wink

How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?:

Not important!! I want to be happy wherever I end up, and if that means going fiftieth I am totally cool with bringing up the rear.

Toss-up between Pride and Prejudice (the Firth/Ehle BBC one, I have Feelings about this), Inception (BRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM), and Pacific Rim (bc drift compatibility is the best platonic soulbond concept).

Nope! :wub:

Player Name:

Position:
LW, can RW and dance too

Activity (1-10):
8, 9

Offensive forward who can both pass and score.

Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?: Yeah, sure.

How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?: I wan't to get a cup for Detroit. But if you'll need me right away in SHL, I wouldn't mind that.

Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?: I prefer both.

How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?: I want to get higher, just because I put really hard work in my player this season, especially these past two weeks. But more important is to get into the right team.

The Wolf of Wall Street, Deadpool, The Truman Show, The whole Star Wars episodes and much more.

I didn't intend to post in this thread, but then I saw the Mock Draft and most of them had me in your pick, so I decided to do this. If you have interest in me, you can always PM me and ask some specific questions. I actually would like that.

hewoe
[Image: 0OAAUwi.png]

Player Name: Ilmari Määttä

Position: Defense

Activity (1-10): 7-8

What type of player are you looking to build?: two-way defenseman (working on the offense part Tongue)

Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?: yes, 100%

How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?: I think it's pretty important! I like the Militia a lot and I also feel like they've been a really good place for my development. I think I want to develop for at least one more season before making the jump to the SHL.

Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?: Probably in my LR. I've been SUPER busy with school since I joined in March so I haven't had a huge chance to explore a lot of the public forums. I do try to comment on media articles and the like when I get a chance. I'm a pretty awkward human being so it tends to take me a while to feel comfortable, so overall I think I spend most of my time posting in my LR.

How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?: Honestly, I'd rather get selected later and go to a team with a locker room where I can fit in and feel welcome than go early in the draft.

What's your favorite movie?: Tie between the Shawshank Redemption and Princess Mononoke. I have a Princess Mononoke tattoo, it means a lot to me.

Any other comments/concerns/questions?: Earlier you mentioned in another answer that you are okay with players playing up when they feel comfortable. Is wanting to stay in the SMJHL another season a dealbreaker?

Quote:Originally posted by mcculloughgulch@Apr 28 2016, 12:52 PM
[b]Any other comments/concerns/questions?: Earlier you mentioned in another answer that you are okay with players playing up when they feel comfortable. Is wanting to stay in the SMJHL another season a dealbreaker?[/b]
Not at all! We'd like to have our prospects start making an impact on our roster right away, but it's important to us that they're allowed time to develop if they wish, and that they don't feel as though they've been ripped from their juniors team.

Player Name:

Richard O'Shea

Position:

G

Activity (1-10):

Best goalie. <- Period.

Hell nah.

Yes, all 5.

I don't post often. :ph34r:

Draft position does not dictate success.

The Room

Hi Tanner

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Mac@Apr 28 2016, 04:40 PM
[b]Player Name:

Richard O'Shea[/b]

Any relation to O'Shea Jackson? IDK how names werk...

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Player Name: Fedor G. Shirobokov

Position: D

Activity (1-10):7-8

What type of player are you looking to build?: Defense QB

Would you be willing to take advice/direction when it comes to your player's development?:sure everytime

How important is it to you to be able to play another season with your minors team?: it's not nr 1 priority but it would be cool

Do you tend to post more in the LR or in public forums?: LR

How important to you is it that you be selected early? Where in the draft do you expect to go?: unimportand maybe early at the second round

What's your favorite movie?: when i was young it was happy gilmore in the moment i don't got one

Any other comments/concerns/questions?: Hello Tanner Towel

[Image: P9htSSf.png]
[Image: Sr4Rvg.gif]

#TeamFuhrby
#knightsknation