Create Account

Poll: Yay er nay
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Can a 1st best AHL team beat 30th best NHL team?

Ya er naht

[Image: 336.jpg]

Depends what year we're talking here because the 2015-16 Leafs were essentially an AHL team.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

This would be an interesting game at least.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Anyone answering "No" really has no idea about probabilities. It is certainly possible.

It would honestly depend on the AHL team. If they have a few stars and a good enough goalie, it could be possible to expose the NHL teams weaknesses.

Hell, a good enough PP could mean a lot of difference.

I would give a good AHL team 1 in 3 odds of beating the Oilers, and they are technically the 29th best team, soooo ...

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@May 6 2016, 03:54 AM
I would give a good AHL team 1 in 3 odds of beating the Oilers, and they are technically the 29th best team, soooo ...
lol it doesn't matter how bad the Oil's defence is, McJesus/Hall/Ebs/Yak/Drai/RNH/etc. would shred AHL teams

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@May 6 2016, 04:54 AM
With or without McDavid?

yeah Justin Schultz was an AHL all-star

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Quote:Originally posted by Bursts@May 6 2016, 02:21 AM
Anyone answering "No" really has no idea about probabilities. It is certainly possible.

Probability and possibility are not the same.

Yes, it's possible. Most things usually are.

But probable? Different story. I'd say the probability of an AHL team winning is fairly low, but it depends on the year.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

The answer 95/100 times is no. And that is fucking final. In all normal circumstances the top AHL team does not beat the worst NHL.

Forget injury arguments, scratches. A healthy NHL roster v a healthy AHL roster playing for real would be a joke.

top AHL team 4th line would stand no chance against an NHL 4th line. So on for 3rd line... etc. That is where the main difference comes from. They get run out of the fucking building.

It really depends on the goalie for me. If the AHL team has a great goalie stuck on the farm he could steal a game and would be able to handle NHL shots. However, most AHL goalies would get shredded by a 1st line forward in the NHL.

Plus like Kez said, Justin Schultz and Brad Hunt are AHL all stars and can't crack the Oilers defence so...

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Jesus The Mexican Way@May 6 2016, 06:01 AM
The answer 95/100 times is no. And that is fucking final...

So then the answer is yes. A 1st best AHL team can beat 30th best NHL team

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

The probability is there but I can't see it happening tbh.

The AHL team would be relying on their 1st and 2nd lines too often. There is no depth for an AHL team vs an NHL team. When the AHL team puts their 3rd and 4th line out, the NHL 1st line and 2nd line would destroy them, Along with the bottom 6 defense. Maybe the AHL will last a half a game but they will get picked apart towards the end no doubt.

If it were a best of 7 series I'd gamble a sweep every time tbh.

I mean this for 30th vs 1st also

[Image: 336.jpg]

Can a team of people good enough to play in the NHL be beaten by a team of people who either aren't ready for the NHL or aren't good enough for the NHL. :-?

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤