Create Account

Start getting shit done

I don't get why we implemented update scales in the first place.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 04:58 PM
I don't get why we implemented update scales in the first place.

Really? It was way too easy to max out and every player was turning out to be the same.

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Apr 14 2012, 12:59 PM

Really? It was way too easy to max out and every player was turning out to be the same.

It's still to damn easy maxing out now. People are making tons of cash in the media. There are rediculously tons of uncapped point tasks. They make update scales look like a joke

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the the change in SHL PBP made it easier to do. That's another factor

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 02:00 PM

It's still to damn easy maxing out now. People are making tons of cash in the media. There are rediculously tons of uncapped point tasks. They make update scales look like a joke

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the the change in SHL PBP made it easier to do. That's another factor

Im going to change media payout. I am open to suggestions. I agree, too much money is being made but since I took over we have had more legitimate articles than previously. Thats why I made it high paying, so people had an incentive to write good articles.

Quote:Originally posted by Boon@Apr 14 2012, 05:12 PM

Im going to change media payout.  I am open to suggestions. I agree, too much money is being made but since I took over we have had more legitimate articles than previously.  Thats why I made it high paying, so people had an incentive to write good articles.
Go back to my original system...

250 words = 25,000
500 words = 50,000
750 words = 75,000

etc

and each picture is worth 250 words (has to be reasonable though)

Quote:Originally posted by Seth@Apr 14 2012, 02:17 PM

Go back to my original system...

250 words = 25,000
500 words = 50,000
750 words = 75,000

etc

and each picture is worth 250 words (has to be reasonable though)

So a 1000 word article gets you a total of 1 TPE... 3 tweets a week get you that.

The better the pay apparently, the more articles being produced, but it's a bit too high maybe. Lower a tad.

Easier fix, raise the cost of the training to match.

I suggest this rather then lowering article payouts because then we still get good articles ( activity), which is good for the league.

Just an idea.

Cheers

Quote:Originally posted by Heater@Apr 14 2012, 06:25 PM
Easier fix, raise the cost of the training to match.

I suggest this rather then lowering article payouts because then we still get good articles ( activity), which is good for the league.

Just an idea.

Cheers

Ilike and I sorta don't. lol. Don't like raising the training but it's a good idea. :lol:

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

I don't like it either, when you can do 3 - 30'sec tweets and get 1 TPE you would think an article taking you an hour or more might get you 3-5 TPE, which is the case with the current payout system.

So really I hope they don't change anything with article or training payouts/costs

Cheers

Lmao we need to lower the article payouts significantly, people can make as much money in 1 week off articles that people made in their entire careers before.

Someone like McKeil will have a bank account over 100 mil with a month.

something like 75k per 100 words imo

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wadey@Apr 14 2012, 03:59 PM
Lmao we need to lower the article payouts significantly, people can make as much money in 1 week off articles that people made in their entire careers before.

Someone like McKeil will have a bank account over 100 mil with a month.

something like 75k per 100 words imo

Get me some jelly ace.

Discord are for plebs

But you can only spend 1 mil/week on training, so having 100 million really is pointless.

All the TPE gemerating things need to be balanced (tweets, pbp and articles), you have to look at them all when adjusting any one of those.

Just my opinion.

Cheers

I don't like the 250k payout scale. I think the scale should be something like (it doesn't have to be these values)

250k for 250 words
750k for 500 words
1 M for 750 words

Each one of x amount of words of article going up by y amount of dollars. In this case, people will be determined to write more articles

if you get what I mean

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 05:06 PM
I don't like the 250k payout scale. I think the scale should be something like (it doesn't have to be these values)

250k for 250 words
750k for 500 words
1 M for 750 words

Each one of x amount of words of article going up by y amount of dollars. In this case, people will be determined to write more articles

if you get what I mean

That works, just max the payout to 1 mil for 750 words or more ( maybe 1000 words) like Stud said.

This way there will be no huge bank accounts

Ilike