Create Account

Unretiring your player

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Apr 14 2012, 06:39 PM

oh i dont really agree with that.

if they wanna bring their guy back, thats fine.
but regression should take place 10 seasons after he was created.
just makes the most sense imo

what is it based on now? seasons played or seasons created?

Alright so I could retire my player now (which would naturally regress next season), create a new player. Play 3 seasons in the SHL, retire him, bring my old guy back. THen after that season, I retire him and bring my other guy back

Also when I unretire, I am a UFA.

Just sounds wrong.

Or

I could retire my player and create my NWJHL player right now (my player can play in the SHL because it's preseason.) Then I don't declare for SHL entry draft, retire my NWJHL player and unretire my SHL player. This means I would have 2 players at the same time last season while I still have my old player because I unretired him.

Hey why don't the NWJHL GMs do this? They would get one extra player

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 09:45 PM

Alright so I could retire my player now (which would naturally regress next season), create a new player. Play 3 seasons in the SHL, retire him, bring my old guy back. THen after that season, I retire him and bring my other guy back

Also when I unretire, I am a UFA.

Just sounds wrong.

Or

I could retire my player and create my NWJHL player right now (my player can play in the SHL because it's preseason.) Then I don't declare for SHL entry draft, retire my NWJHL player and unretire my SHL player. This means I would have 2 players at the same time last season while I still have my old player because I unretired him.

Hey why don't the NWJHL GMs do this? They would get one extra player
if you retire a player under contract, and bring him back, they should still have to play under that contract.
i thought that was actually a rule already...i could be wrong tho

and how do they get a free player if they retire their junior player?
what you describe is basically what happened with Nathan lol
except he didnt retire during the pre-season...so D'Angelo wasnt allowed to play while Kotchskjdfhs was playing

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Apr 14 2012, 06:56 PM

if you retire a player under contract, and bring him back, they should still have to play under that contract.
i thought that was actually a rule already...i could be wrong tho

and how do they get a free player if they retire their junior player?
what you describe is basically what happened with Nathan lol
except he didnt retire during the pre-season...so D'Angelo wasnt allowed to play while Kotchskjdfhs was playing

I meant that if they retire their SHL player in the preseason, they could create an NWJHL player without that SHL player being retired (that's the rule now). So if the NWJHL player gets drafted, I could retire that player and bring back the SHL player (which played last season and would play this season)

Discord are for plebs

We'd lose our first draft pick as well, stud. It's not really a free player.

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Apr 14 2012, 10:04 PM
why would you lose your 1st?
is that the rule now?

but i get it now...stud makes sense tbh

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Apr 14 2012, 07:04 PM

Would you rather have a player that could go inactive or would you rather have yourself, you know you will be active the whole way?

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Apr 14 2012, 07:06 PM

why would you lose your 1st?
is that the rule now?

but i get it now...stud makes sense tbh

Thanks, it's just one loophole, I could think of more.

Discord are for plebs

I agree that unretiring is ridiculous in any scenario.

Quote:Originally posted by Ochocinco@Apr 14 2012, 07:07 PM
I thought that was always the rule that if you retired anf you were a GM you had to give up a first to get your own player.

It is but as I said:

Would you rather have a player that could go inactive or would you rather have yourself, you know you will be active the whole way?

Also with the amount of recruits and the increasing number of inactives, it's a much better "gamble" to have yourself in for your 1st round pick (especially if you won the cup that season!Wink, than a random draftee that would become inactive

Discord are for plebs

It's starting to become gay. D'Angelo, Plaut, O'Donnell, and now Hanson.

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 10:07 PM

well no...the NWJHL player would be retiring...so he wouldnt be active

Some good ideas here, I also think the system needs some tweaking since there are a lot of loopholes right now... I'd probably even consider prohibiting un-retiring at all.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 14 2012, 10:09 PM
It's starting to become gay. D'Angelo, Plaut, O'Donnell, and now Hanson.

hanson retired? I thought he was just inactive. oh ya he did nvm i remember the article.

pointless post is pointless

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Alex@Apr 14 2012, 07:09 PM

well no...the NWJHL player would be retiring...so he wouldnt be active

Not for the SHL team but for the NWJHL team. He would be active in the NWJHL (and you wouldn't have to gamble because it is you, you know that you will be active the whole NWJHL season). Get drafted in the SHL, SHL GMs would rage because you retired. In that process, you bring your SHL player back.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by studmuffinz@Apr 14 2012, 10:11 PM

Not for the SHL team but for the NWJHL team. He would be active in the NWJHL (and you wouldn't have to gamble because it is you, you know that you will be active the whole NWJHL season). Get drafted in the SHL, SHL GMs would rage because you retired.
oh oh oh
i thought you meant SHL GMs should do this to gain an extra player lol

nvm it all makes sense to me now