Create Account

S29 Championship Week S29
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2018, 06:12 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

It's finally here! The finals begin tonight, and so, I proudly present the Season 29 Championship Week PT!

This PT is worth 12 uncapped TPE altogether, the breakdown is in the actual PT. Same as normal PTs, you can do either the written or the graphic for either task, but you can't do, for example, both tasks from 1, the written from 2 and the graphic from 3 and score full marks, but you can do the written from 1 and 4, and the graphic from 2 and 3.

Deadline for this PT will be July 8th, 3pm EST.

Code:
TASK ONE: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Pick any goal scored in the S29 playoffs so far and write the play by play for it. (150 words)

Graphic: Come up with a giveaway item! It could be a rally towel, a playoff themed poster, a t-shirt, even a bobblehead! Must include a team logo

TASK TWO: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Choose a standout player in the regular season, and write 200 words on how they’ve measured up so far in the playoffs. Must include at least three stats.

Graphic: Make a graphic comparing the MVP of the playoffs so far with his or her performance last playoffs (or during the regular season if they didn’t make the playoffs last season). Must include at least 3 stats, a player render and the team logo

TASK THREE: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Choose what you think is a pivotal moment in any of the series’ so far, and flip it on it’s head. What happens if one team loses a game seven instead of wins? What happens if one goal isn’t scored, or is? How does the playoffs change, and how does the series change? (200 words.)

Graphic: Create a mockup of the front page of a newspaper with the result of what you think the most important game in the playoffs has been so far. You will not be marked on what the article says, if you choose to include the article. Feel free to write nonsense, you’ll be graded on the overall look of the mockup.

TASK FOUR: (worth 3 TPE)

Written: Your player has won the Challenge Cup! Write 200 words about what he or she does on his or her Cup day. (This applies even to players whose teams didn’t make the playoffs)

Graphic: Make a Championship banner for who you think will be the winner of the Challenge Cup. Must include at least one render and the team logo

Feel free to use a placeholder.

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Task 1 (written)

We are back and it is overtime in game 7 of the Eastern Finals. Toronto and Hamilton
battling it out in a do-or-die finale to an epic rollercoaster of a series!

One team will advance to the Finals, the other will see their season end.

Two minutes have passed in the first overtime so far and we have a face-off in Toronto territory.

It's Simons for the Hawks lining up against Barbashev for the Stars. Both teams with their first lines out.

Simons wins the draw and it back to Ziepins at the point. He tries to rattle it around the boards but Wartooth is there to block that dump-in.
Battling for the puck now in a scrum, it's Wartooth fending off Zarins and he retains control!

He bounces it off the side-boards and Barbashev scoops it up!

Barbashev with speed! He's through the neutral zone and into Steelhawks territory! He swings wide and looks to drop it to a trailing Falk!

It's tipped away by Ziepins and moved ahead to Clitsome steaming up the right side!

Clitsome gains entry and winds to fire a hard SHOT!!

Harter with a huge SAVE!! But he can't hold on!

Rebound! The puck is loose! Scramble!

Zarins presses in and tries to knock it free!

But it's Taylor getting her stick on it and desperately tries to clear it!

It's across the line, Zarins has it for Hamilton and they must clear the zone and regroup!

Zarins passes to Clitsome who charges in along the wall - he stops, spins, and feeds it back to Zarins at the point!

Zarins winds to SHOOT

But no!

He fakes the shot and steps around the sprawling defender!

Pass to Simons!

HE SHOOOOOOOTS

Oh he missed the net!

It's off the backboards and back in front!

Simons again!!

[Image: comeau11.26.14web.gif]

Goal Goal Goal HE SCOOOOOOOORRRRRRESSSSSSSS!!!!! Goal Goal Goal

GRIFFIN SIMONS THE PLAYOFF GOD!!!!! HAMILTON WINS! HAMILTON WINS!!!

TASK 2 (written)

VLAD McZehrl was a regular season all-star performer for the Seattle Riot. He scored 24 goals and added 32 assists for 56 total points. His total points was good for 5th in the league overall, and in goals scored he was in the top 10. He had an outstanding +/- rating of +30, also top 10 in the league. He was a dominant force in the regular season, the top scorer on his team by 15 points overall.

However, the playoffs arrived and he becamse completely invisible. He was absolutely shut down by the Calgary Dragons defense. In the 5 games it took Seattle to lose the series, McZehrl scored only 1 goal and added 1 assist for 2 points. The misery does not stop there. He went from being one of the top +/- players to sporting a -3 in the playoffs, a sign that he could not shut down his opponents either. He saw his shooting percentage halved as he went from 10.91% in the regular season to 5.26% when it mattered most.

Poor McZehrl, no wonder he got traded. VLAD is BAD.

TASK 3 (written)

TASK 4 (written)

Wyatt Wollker is a Challenge Cup champ! He lifts the trophy high above his head and skates around the ice, already imagining how he will spend his day with it! He thinks of home, back in Iceland, how almost the whole population of the country would turn out! After showing off the Cup in a parade around the streets of Reykjavik, to the adulation of his countrymen and seeing the inspired faces of the children, Wollker would then transport the trophy to a volcanic peak, and spend the night smoking and drinking with his brothers and a selection of the most beautiful women of his nation under the full moon, giving thanks to the Old Gods who have favored him! A night of wild debauchery and reckless abandon, while the cup gleams like a silver beacon as it reflects the silvery light of the moon!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Task 1:

We rejoin the action halfway in the 3rd period of Game 2 of the Challenge Cup. The Steelhawks are up 3-2 but the Dragons have been getting closer and closer to tying this game. The Steelhawks need to win this game to bring the series back to even or it could be too late. The Dragons win the face-off but need a line change and the puck is dumped by Nicholas Pederson. The Dragons send on their first offensive and defensive unit as they look to tie up the game. Tanner retrieves the puck behind his net and leaves it for Zarins. The Steelhawks have their second line out as they try to hold off the Dragons. Zarins sends it up to Ziepins who moves it in the Dragons zone. He sends it to Pellegrino who quickly lays it back off to Ziepins. He passes it to Colt who looks to set something up. Colt finds Zarins at the blue line. Zarins waits ass the Steelhawks send crossing routes and he sees Pellegrino darting towards the net. He sauces a it through the zone and it hits Pellegrino on the stick, PELLEGRINO PASSES WONG AND TRIES A WRAP-AROUND. HE SHOOTS AND SCORES! JUST PASSED AN OUTSTRETCHED WONG AND THE STEELHAWKS LEAD 4-2. A HUGE GOAL IN THIS GAME AND HE EXTENDS THE LEAD TO 2 GOAL WITH 9 MINUTES REMAINING!

Quote:230 words

Task 2:

What is their not to say about Dean Colt? Since his move to the Hamilton Steelhawks, he has played some of the best hockey in his career. Coming into the season, Dean Colt was set to play center for the entire season, slotting behind superstar center Griffin Simons. He has also had some playing time as a winger and as a defenseman. He was set to play alongside up and coming talent Don Pellegrino and a mixture of Joe McKeil and Jackson Hauke. He knew he had to play a huge part this season if Hamilton wanted to be successful and boy did he play. Dean finished the season with 56 points and 43 assists, his best statistical season. He led the team with 13 powerplay points as well. He also led the team in hits with 181 being a huge presence on the ice, especially playing with a lot of players who are not known for hitting. The move to center paid off as he finished atop the league in faceoff percentage with 58.78%. The playoffs weren’t an easy task, especially with all the minutes Dean had to play but this was only the beginning. He is currently sitting pretty at third in overall scoring with a total of 16 points behind his fellow teammates Simons and Clitsome. He is also first in hits by a fairly large margin with a total of 67. His faceoff has dropped just a bit but is still well over 50% with a total of 55.50%. He has played an extremely pivotal part in the Steelhawks success this season and should be recognized for his efforts.

Quote:273 words

Task 3:

The biggest moment in this playoffs is the Griffon Simons overtime winner in game seven of the eastern conference finals against the Toronto North Stars. Not just because I play on the same team but just the entire rivalry and misfortunate bestowed open the North Stars. The North Stars scored three unanswered goals and had all the momentum going their way in the finals. If they had won the game instead of losing, it would solidify a huge comeback and propel them to the Challenge Cup, something they haven’t achieved in a while. They are usually a playoff team but end up losing to the Steelhawks in this exact series. They had a great playoff run up until that point sweeping the Minnesota Chiefs and starting 2-0 versus the Steelhawks. An OT winner from the North Stars would have been a huge goal for the North Stars as they would have finally broken the “curse” and made the finals. The North Stars have a lot more depth than the Steelhawks so I would suspect that the lose would not have been as bad for the Steelhawks. That goal was huge for the Steelhawks are they continue their huge playoff success and face the Calgary Dragons once again, a rematch of last season’s finals. The North Stars are once again going home early and still getting laughed at but that OT goal would have changed the entire dynamics of the finals.

Quote:240 words

Task 4:

Winning the Challenge Cup this time around would be extremely different then winning it the first time. The first time I was called up for the conference finals and for the Challenge Cup finals so I don’t really think I did enough to really earn the trophy. Being called up and winning was a great feeling but only playing in those two series didn’t really have a big impact on me. This time around, I have developed into a position in which I can control some things and really help the team win it. Winning it for a second time would mean a lot more to me as a player. I have never really thought about what I am going to do with the Cup if I won it. With the day I would have the cup, I would definitely bring it to my parent’s house and have a huge party inviting the entire neighborhood and all my friends to come celebrate. I would want to celebrate with everyone who has gotten me to this point and has helped me become the person that I am. Since I’m Italian, I would definitely put some pasta in the bowl and eat it straight out of the cup.

Quote:206 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Placeholder

Task 1

Task 2

Task 3

Task 4

"And there it is, the time has run down! The West Kendall Platoon are Challenge Cup Champions!" The crowd erupted in Florida, as fans were glued to the action. The Platoon had done it, bringing the Cup back to the United States, and now it was time to celebrate!
After making some killer saves in the last few games, goaltender Matt Lewis-Flood was incredibly psyched to have helped his team take home the hardware. So he called up a bunch of his teammates, and planned to hit up some of the beautiful beaches in Florida with them! Nothing says "we won" more than a day filled with sun, ocean, frisbee, beer, and of course lobster dinners at the great restaurants on the water!

The first plan was to go down to Miami Beach, where it all goes down in Florida! Trying to keep a lower profile, the team members didn't wear any West Kendall Platoon apparel down there because they didn't want to have paparazzi surrounding them for the whole day. But the fans knew. They knew who they were and often stopped them to ask for autographs!

There was even a special West Kendall Platoon giveaway event going on at one of the Miami resorts, actually unbeknownst to the players. That was mildly awkward.

But once they were able to escape the crowds, the Platoon players hung out on the beaches for pretty much the rest of the week, truly taking in the Challenge Cup victory!

247 words

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

TASK 1:
[Image: g7skvtu.png]

TASK 2:
[Image: EblRcMX.png]

TASK 3:
[Image: 9dSeUQt.png]

TASK 4: (I made both cuz I rock)
[Image: pWax2s8.png]
[Image: lUsmErW.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

Never mind lol

[Image: Depositphotos-46829959-original-1024x602.jpg]

Written: Pick any goal scored in the S29 playoffs so far and write the play by play for it. (150 words)

Hello everyone just joining in, personally its a terrible time to be joining, but we come back just after an icing call by Dane Rowe, the tired 2nd line of the Toronto North Stars was given a time out by coach JNH. Simons meets Barbashev at the faceoff circle, Simons wins the draw to Zanis Zarins, Zarins tries to pass it to Dean Colt in the corner but is intercepted by Toki Wartooth and passed to Barbashev who moves it into the Hamilton Steelhawks zone, he can't find anywhere to go and loses the puck. Now Rider Clitsome receives the puck and rushes into the zone, he winds up and slaps the puck on net for a rebound! No one is able to take the rebound, Zarins takes the puck in the corner and tries to pass it to the slot, Cynthia blocks the pass but can't control the bouncing puck as it goes back to Zarins. To Rider, Ziepins, to Simons. Simons skates into the slot, around Toki, shoots!

Bounces off the boards but comes right back to Simons!

HE DID IT, HE DID IT! FOR THE 5TH TIME IN A ROW, HAMILTON HAS BEAT TORONTO TO GO TO THE CHALLENGE CUP FINALS!

Written: Choose a standout player in the regular season, and write 200 words on how they’ve measured up so far in the playoffs. Must include at least three stats.

Pedro Sarantez, traded to the Edmonton Blizzard from the president's trophy winning Minnesota Chiefs, finished up 3rd in the league for points with 29 goals and 28 assists. Pedro, before he was traded Edmonton played 26 games, he had 14 goals and 11 assists for 25 points, nearly point per game. Once he was traded to Edmonton, Pedro had 15 goals and 18 assists for 32 points in 23 game for the Edmonton blue. He continued this above PPG status in the playoffs. Although being eliminated in the 2nd round in a dramatic game 7 finisher, Pedro had the 4th most points in the playoffs at that point. Pedro had 3 goals and 10 assists for 13 points in 12 games before Sarantez's Edmonton Blizzard were eliminated. Compared to the regular season juggernaut Theo Kane, Pedro had 3 more points than Theo. But enough about that, thinking of Pedro's current PPG production, especially with Edmonton in particular, Pedro is measuring up very well compared to his regular season numbers, hell it even begs the question what would have happened if Pedro was on the Edmonton Blizzard the whole season, what would his stats have been like then? We'll find out next season either way (hopefully) :ph34r:

Written: Choose what you think is a pivotal moment in any of the series’ so far, and flip it on it’s head. What happens if one team loses a game seven instead of wins? What happens if one goal isn’t scored, or is? How does the playoffs change, and how does the series change? (200 words.)

Well, as biased as it is, I'm picking the Toronto North Stars and Hamilton Steelhawks game 7. It left a sour taste in every North Stars mouth, but if Griffon Simons doesn't score the game 7 OT heartbreaker, and for sake of argument, Toronto wins game 7 off of an OT goal by... Darian Scherbluk. The playoffs go from the typical Hamilton beats Toronto to, Toronto's chance to break the curse. Something that has been plaguing the team for nearly 30 seasons. Toronto was able to sweep the president's trophy winners, in one of the most surprising stories of the playoffs this season. If the North Stars managed to beat Hamilton and was in the finals, many more people would hop on the bandwagon for the North Stars. Pretty much anyone's bracket besides a North Stars would be completely wrong. Talking about if Toronto would have what it would take to beat the Calgary Dragons is a different story. So far in the finals, the series is tied up at 2-2, After the first game where Calgary blew out the Steelhawks in a 6-2 rout, each game has been close and even with 4-2 victories. Unlike the Toronto vs Hamilton series, where most games were blowouts. Calgary has proven that they have been able to block off most of the Hamilton offense in the finals, their 2nd line has been more of a show while the first line struggles as Calgary focuses all defense on the super trio. Toronto had the best 2nd line in the SHL, which means Toronto wins the cup, this paragraph is done, I'm still very salty, fuck you hamilton

Written: Your player has won the Challenge Cup! Write 200 words about what he or she does on his or her Cup day. (This applies even to players whose teams didn’t make the playoffs)

It's a glorious day, Toronto has just broken the curse that has plagued them for nearly 30 seasons. Cynthia Taylor is still celebrating her first accomplishment in her career. Cuz well, she was on Prince George, poor girl. Anyways, Andrey Barbashev was the previous person to receive the cup for their cup day. Cynthia was to meet Andrey in Russia, she was to fly to Moscow to meet him to receive the cup before flying back to North America. The flight there was tedious, Cynthia Taylor went through every single song on her phone, skipping ahead to change her mood and hopefully take her mind off of how excited she was.

She brought the cup to Toronto, paying for her family and friend's flights over. Spending months away from her family and friends and husband is one of the toughest part of being an athlete, on her cup day, she is gonna spend the day with her friends and family, visiting everywhere in Toronto. They went out, they took photos and they had fun, something that is earned after the toughest part of the season.

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

Task 1

We're a little more than 10 minutes into overtime here with the faceoff in the Minnesota Chiefs' zone after Robert Andersson froze the puck. We've got Flacko and Barbashev lining up at the faceoff dot.. and Flacko wins the draw! He's immediately hit by Barbashev. Flacko holds onto the puck, but loses it just a few moments later.. Scherbluk scoops up the puck and fires off a shot! Adam Falk is there to deflect it in front of the net, but the shot goes wide. Scherbluk manages to recollect the puck and winds up for another shot on goal. He fires the puck just wide this time. Barbashev gathers the puck and skates around the net to find a perfect angle for his shot. The North Stars have the Chiefs hemmed into their own zone right now, Toronto is just having their way. Barbashev takes his shot, but he misses the net as well! The puck hits the boards, bounces back.. Scherbluk with the second chance up close.. he scores! That's it! Scherbluk has eliminated the Minnesota Chiefs' from the playoffs!

Task 2

The Calgary Dragons are about to enter game 7 of the Challenge Cup finals, and it's because they've had some players step up big time in the playoffs. One of those players is power forward Bubba Nuck. During the regular season he potted 10 goals and added 23 assists for 33 points in 50 games. He was quite the force on the powerplay during the time, as he had 5 of his goals and 7 of his assists on the man advantage. However, during these playoffs where Bubba Nuck has an impressive 6 goals and 10 assists in 16 games, he's done it almost entirely on even strength. Nuck only has 2 points on the powerplay this postseason, with only 1 of those being a goal. That means Bubba Nuck has been a driving force in 5-on-5 situations for the Dragons. Not only has he been a driver of play, but he has also contributed big time with his physicality and presence on the penalty kill. He's also got 15 blocked shots, which makes him one of the most fearless players on his team. I think at this point Bubba Nuck is definitely in the conversation for Playoffs MVP consideration.

Task 3

What if Toronto had won game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals? What if they had scored the game winner in overtime, or even sealed the deal before the end of regulation? Would they have already defeated Calgary for their first Challenge Cup in franchise history? Or would Calgary have mopped the floor with them and claimed their 2nd Cup in 3 seasons? I personally believe that if Toronto had won, the Challenge Cup finals would have still gone to this game 7 and the Cup would be up for grabs. The Dragons have been great this postseason, but if Toronto had gotten enough lucky breaks to reach the finals I believe they'd have just enough luck on their side to push them over the top and have a chance to hoist the Cup. It's tough for Toronto, because there's a lot of uncertainty going into next season with the losses of Barney Stinson and Pierre Luc Laflamme. Was this their last realistic chance at a Cup before their core enters regression? It might've been. And who knows how things might have unfolded if Toronto had won game 7, and potentially the Cup. Maybe Barney Stinson wouldn't leave in free agency. Maybe Pierre-Luc wouldn't leave via trade.

Task 4

After the Los Angeles Panthers won the Challenge Cup, going 12-0 in the playoffs, Kaapo Kekkonen gets his day with the Cup. He decides to take the Cup to the city of Columbus, Ohio where his uncle Kari Kekkonen once played before him and a place that he called home when he moved to America at a young age. Of course Kaapo represents Finland internationally, as he was born there, but he grew up in the suburbs of Columbus and it holds a very special place in his heart. Kekkonen plans to take the Challenge Cup to Nationwide Children's Hospital and let the kids have an up close look at the Cup in all of its glory. He then plans on taking the Cup through downtown, eventually landing at Nationwide Arena in the Arena District. He'll have a party on Nationwide Plaza with the hockey fans of Columbus and allow them a chance to also see the Cup, as well as get Kekkonen's autograph and other hockey related merchandise. In the evening he plans on taking the Cup out for a night on the town with teammates Sven Karlsson and Chris Crutchfield as they party the night away, eventually leading to someone puking in the Cup itself.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Code:
7. Hamilton Steelhawks , Dean Colt 6 (Zanis Zarins, Martins Ziepins) at 4:58

Welcome to the first sudden death overtime, with the score tied 3-3!

Hamilton has been outshot badly so far, but Hamilton will advance if they can win and WKP will live to fight another day if they can get one here…so let’s get back to the action!

"Ziepins lays the thunder to McDoodle in the Steelhawks end and down goes McDoodle….he looks like a wet noodle…but the play continues and Ziepins pushes the puck to his defensive partner Zarins behind the net….he slows the play down, as both lines go for a change and McDoodle is able to get off on his own. Zarins comes out from behind the net and starts to skate the puck up to center ice, but Poussey tries to pressure him and Zarins circles back into his own end and passes it up to Ziepins who lumbers over center avoiding a open ice check from Wert, heading into the Platoon end. Pejonis comes up on Ziepins at the point, but with Wert and Poussey in the neutral zone still that leaves a wide open Colt in front of the net! Ziepens the pass! Colt tips it! NO!! What a Save by Schmidt! But the puck comes out of his glove! He can’t find it….Colt is jabbing away until Biscuit lays him out in front of the net….but it’s in!!! Goal GOAL!! Goal DEAN COLT HAS DONE IT! STEELHAWKS ADVANCE!!"

~232 words

Written: Choose a standout player in the regular season, and write 200 words on how they’ve measured up so far in the playoffs. Must include at least three stats

Theo Kane – Regular Season Vs Playoff’s

Everyone know Theo Kane, and if you don’t you have been living under a rock this SHL Season as the superstar player led the league in goals and points with 31 goals, 36 assists for an amazing 67 points. He was also an immaculate +32, with a thundering 204 hits. His 20 power play points was stunning, as that is almost a third of his entire point total and we could go on (10 Shot blocks, 13+ Shooting %, etc.).

To speak of Theo Kane and his performance in the regular season is to speak in reverence to it….

However, the same Theo Kane did not show up for the playoffs…. now don’t get me wrong, he was still good, but he wasn’t the same guy we saw in the regular season and this could be a big reason why Edmonton did not advance to the Finals….

Theo had 10 points in 12 games, which is respectable, but below a point per game player, where he was way over a point per game in the regular season (67 points in 50 games). Next take his +4 rating in 12 games, roughly ¼ of the regular season, which equates to +8 (32/4), or twice what he had in the playoffs. Next his below 10 % shooting in the playoffs compared to over 13% is huge. We could go on (2 Power play points, both assists), in 12 games is 1 power play point per 6 games….in the regular season he got a point every 2.5 games….

If only Edmonton had the Theo Kane of the Regular Season….

~272 Words

What if…. Toronto would have won game 7, instead of Hamilton….

There has been a lot of controversy about Toronto losing game seven again Hamilton, what if they won?

Well things would have turned out very different…. Toronto vs Calgary in the Finals, both teams are evenly match, as they played 2 games in the regular season and each won one game…more then that though, they each scored 5 goals and both games were decided by 1 goal….1-0 and 5-4. You can’t get much closer then that.

In fact, I could see game one going to Calgary in a nail biter, 3-2 and then Toronto evening it up by a 2-1 score…. however, this sea-saw battle would continue for the next few game until we had another game 7, with the series tied 3-3! That’s right, the teams are so evenly matched there could be no other possibility.

In the end, would Toronto’s fate change and break the drought? The answer is no…. fool fate once (winning against Hamilton), but you never fool fate two times in one playoff run. Calgary would win a close game, perhaps even in overtime, but Toronto’s inability to win a cup would continue, if nothing more then the simple fact that it was fate…or destiny for them not too win.

~216 words

It was a day to remember, the day the LA Panthers won the SHL Championship and with that, Sebastian Strange one of the youngest members of the Panthers was given the right to take the cup anywhere he wanted….

First, Sebastian Strange brought the cup home to show his Fiancée, who without her support through the last few years of pro hockey would not have been able to make this possible. They then packed their bags and went from the sunny LA area to bitterly cold The Pas, Manitoba, where Sebastian’s parents where, or at least the parents that raised him. The Pas, has a celebration down main street, complete with a horse and buggy, like you would see in an old western movie. Fans from the neighboring towns even came out for a look at the cup and they local boy who had made it to the SHL. Young kids asked for autograph’s and for the next few days’ street hockey was a repeat of the SHL Finals where Sebastian scored the series winning goal…today, all the kids where Sebastian….

However, that wasn’t the end of Sebastian’s journey with the cup, because he now flew it to Russia to visit his actual parents and once again, the Motherland welcomed him with open arms and his parents could be seen with a tear in their eye, as they realized that giving up their son, was actually the best thing they could have done, as otherwise he would not have had this opportunity. The parade lasted a few hours and he was give the key to the city…but time was against him, as he only had the cup for a day, so now he had to return it on the long flight back to LA….

~290 words

We come back from commercial to the overtime period of the Edmonton Blizzard vs. Texas Renegades game 5 at Rexall Place. It’s about 6:00 into overtime, and the Edmonton Blizzard turn over the puck in the neutral zone as Liam Kinsler strips the puck from one of the Edmonton defensemen.

This is starting to not look good for the Blizzard, as the Renegades prepare their quick breakout.

Sterling Knight is steaming from his own blue line and towards the opposing blue line as Kinsler banks the puck off the boards past an Edmonton defenseman and right onto the stick of Knight!

Knight is in all alone! He dekes to the left, he dekes to the right before pulling in a deep toe drag and putting it top shelf of Jakub Aittokallio!! The Texas Renegades have won the game in overtime and staved off elimination in this wild end to the game!

[Image: gok6Qbh.png]

I think a pivotal moment of this entire playoffs isn’t within a single game, but a single series. The league-best team of the Minnesota Chiefs got swept by the Toronto North Stars, in a four game series that nobody would have predicted. I believe that if the Chiefs won the first game, they would have won the entire playoffs in 16 games, as their roster is easily one of the strongest ones in the league.

Except for Scotty Reay.

Regardless, I believe that the Chiefs should have steamrolled the North Stars, and it would have made a huge implications on the rest of the playoffs. The Chiefs would have bowled over the Hamilton Steelhawks in the second round, and then absolutely destroyed the Calgary Dragons in the finals. It wouldn’t have even been close. The whole team of Minnesota was extremely strong for the whole regular season but just seemed to phone it in during the playoffs.

However, this puts the question in our heads if the Minnesota Chiefs are full of headcases who can’t handle the pressure of playoffs. Maybe when they get another shot at it next year they will be able to pull it together? I guess we will find out next season.

After the final buzzer sounds, and Chris Crutchfield lifts the Challenge Cup for the first time, the first thing on the order is getting drunk as fuck. After the bender with the Los Angeles Panthers is complete, the Crutchman will wait until his very special day with the cup.

With his day with the cup, Crutch will take it to his home town of Grand Rapids, Michigan where he will celebrate in style, by throwing himself a parade (nothing but the best for the king of style). After that, he’ll drink a shit ton of vodka (he ain’t Russian but he’ll be rushing down the vodka cokes). Now, fully intoxicated with the cup, he will walk down to every single bar in the city and party with the cup and the people who happen to be lucky bar goers that night.

After shutting down every single bar in the town, Crutch will take the Challenge Cup home and posts pictures of it on Twitter, as he very well should. I mean, after all, he’s a drunk champion and he deserves to do whatever the hell he pleases to do.

And then he will wake up, without a Challenge Cup. And it was so close too.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

TASK ONE:
[Image: D00RtGe.png]

Graphic: Make a graphic comparing the MVP of the playoffs so far with his or her performance last playoffs (or during the regular season if they didn’t make the playoffs last season). Must include at least 3 stats, a player render and the team logo

TASK THREE:
[Image: swa8REL.png]

TASK FOUR:
[Image: NkUMXkQ.png]

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

TASK ONE:

Game one of the first round matchup between the Hamilton Steelhawks and the West Kendall Platoon was a three to two overtime thriller won by the team from sunny Florida. This game featured inspired play from both teams but ultimately was won by the efforts of Russian ice goddess Maria Maximova who had two goals and an assist including the overtime game winner.

The winning goal was scored from the blue line on a powerful slap shot by the young defensive stalwart. Ales Smirnov had carried the puck into the zone and passed it to a hard charging Zalleras Szlerchek barreling up the left-hand side. Big Z took control of the puck and went straight at the net. Rather than shooting, the veteran leader wisely sent the puck back to the waiting, muscular Muscovite who blasted a monster shot into the top left corner of the net, Big Z screening Tanner' s view the whole way.

TASK TWO:

Everyone, except for Jon Snow (because he knows nothing) knows that Dean Colt is an absolute beast. His last few seasons have been monstrous without fail. However this particular year was exceptional even for him. Villagers deep in the Andes mountains would find themselves awake at odd hours in the silence of their remote environs trembling from contact with stray bands of energy and awesomeness thrown off by the imposing hockey monolith thousands of miles away. Colt tallied an eye opening thirteen goals and forty three assists for an imposing fifty six points in just fifty games. Dean Colt is no mere pretty boy primadonna skating piroettes and taking wristers though. He also racked up an amazing one hundred and eighty one hits and sixteen blocked shots, manly numbers for a manly man.

The Hamilton Steelhawks made the playoffs this last season , in no small part due to the efforts of the aforementioned Colt. They faced up against the West Kendall Platoon in the first round, the Toronto North Stars in the second and are currently locked in epic battle with the Calgary Dragons in the Challenge Cup Finals. Dean Colt has been just as, if not more so, instrumental in Hamilton's playoff success as he was to their regular season. In seventeen games played so far, he has seven goals and fifteen assists for a blistering twenty two points. He has brought his physical game into the playoffs as well hammering home eighty seven hits.

TASK THREE:

In history all too often, the most illustrative events go unchronicled, cast aside for more easily managed and readily palatable stories whose heroes are unambiguous and whose morals are clear and practical. Such is the case with this season's titanic toss up between the Hamilton Steelhawks and the West Kendall Platoon.

While the records will show the Steelhawks were victorious in six games on the ice the truth of the matter is they had already won before the first skate was ever laced. Dark and terrible things were afoot in and around Hamilton's facility where good men feared to tred. Jakob Tanner, a known follower of certain black and arcane rights, had convened with hostile and menacing forces from beyond the veil to assure victory for his squad. What terrible price will come due for this, no one yet knows.

One can only imagine what would have transpired had such rank and vile calumny not been brought to bear against the heroic West Kendall team. It goes without saying no team could actually defeat the Platoon in a fair seven game matchup, so clearly they would have won without the interference of dark forces. Oh week, there's always next year.

TASK FOUR:

Slappy McDoodle is a man with dreams. These dreams, not all of which involve Lithuanian circus midgets and rubber appliances, feel very real to the man-God known as the Slapster. One of his most common, besides the aforementioned wet ones revolves around having won the Challenge Cup with the West Kendall Platoon.

McDoodle sees himself, in the off-season, on a beach in the South Pacific, maybe Bora Bora it's hard to say from what he can see around him, spending his day with the cup. He has filled said cup with lubricant and laid out some rubber sheets right on the beachside overlooking the Crystal clear blue waters of the Pacific. Pierre Luc-LaFlamme' s large and lovely sisters, fresh from their own victory in a Peruvian power lifting tournament have helicoptered in and are oiling each other up in preparation for the day's festivities.

Chancho and Chanchito, McDoodle' s faithful father and son pair of man-servants, have gathered a number of live octopi to be used during the upcoming bachannalia and are currently dyeing them blue, a small but integrall detail easily overlooked by a lesser quality of man-servant. Chancho and son, however, are the best and take pride in fulfilling their master's every carnal desire and twisted fantasy no matter the work involved or the hours of therapy necessary in driving the resultant images from their skulls.

The dream fades out there. It is all about preparation and anticipation for the perfect day. To see and experience the actual hedonistic glories to come after that moment Slappy understands he will actually have to take that final step and hoist the cup high. It will be a day of legend that can only be realized once on any plane of reality. He awaits it with great anticipation.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

After a grueling 60 minutes of hockey we are still left without a victor between the Edmonton Blizzard and the Texas Renegades. There comes a time where you need to ask more out of all of these talented hockey players and that time is now. Sudden death overtime in the playoffs, with the added stress of being one game away from elimination for the Texas Renegades. Both teams have been battling back and forth with no clear advantage five minutes into the overtime period, culimnating in a dump in by Ogorodnikov into the Edmonton Blizzard's zone. Winston Windsor goes for a routine clear after retrieving the puck in his zone but Liam Kinsler is there seemingly out of nowhere to snatch the interception in neutral ice. Knight closes the gap quickly entering the Blizzard's zone before letting off a massive slap shot just inside of the blue line. Aittokallio did not seem to expect that, turning his head in confusion and frustration after the puck zipped past him into the upper right corner of the net. And just with that, a Goal GOAL Goal off the stick of Sterling Knight and the game is over! The Edmonton Blizzard skates off in embarassment and preperation as the Renegades celebrate surviving another day.

209 words

When you think of a "do it all" kind of player, someone who you can rely on in any situation and expect them to preform to their fullest capability, a lot of people might come to mind. When it comes to centers though, Theo Kane is pretty much at the top of that list. An example to everyone around him, Kane focuses on being good at everything. Sounds easy right? It really isn't. Playing on both the top power play and penalty kill units in the SHL is never easy. But that didn't stop Theo Kane from posting a record year this past season with a mind blowing 67 points in 50 games. Kane also put up an impressive team leading 204 hits and 231 shots, good for 31 goals. Obviously expectations were off the charts heading into his postseason, and this is understandable. When everything is all said and done though you can say that expectation was mildly met. Kane posted 11 points in 13 games with a +4 plus minus rating. Sure, that doesn't jump off the page at you, but Theo Kane was definitely not the reason why his team ended up falling to the Calgary Dragons. That much is definitely certain.

205 words

In any series you obviously want to have the advantage when it comes to momentum. The easiest way to achieve that is to win games, plain and simple. This is easier said than done though but that goes without saying in a tight series like the one the Texas Renegades and the Edmonton Blizzard recently had. Any time you're fighting tooth and nail for your very existence in a playoff series things can boil down to the simplest of mistakes. This is exactly what happened to the Texas Renegades in game four when Nikolaus Scholz opened the scoring for the Edmonton Blizzard following an unlucky bounce in front of the Renegades net. This ended up setting the tone for the game, and despite the fact that the Renegades answered back with two goals in the very same period it was the first goal that discouraged the team when the Blizzard eventually answered back with two more goals of their own. This put them in a hole they could never truly recover from, which ended up costing them the series. It's statistically not a very good idea to be down 3-0 or 3-1 in a playoff series. That's just plain fact. If they had won in a pivotal game like this one this series may have ended quite differently.

218 words

Winning the cup was the greatest thing that could ever happen to Luke Fleming. His dream realized, his first thought was to take it back to his hometown in Anaheim, California. Parading it around the city was nice. The folks down here in Southern California may not know a whole lot about hockey, but they can identify and appreciate a winner when they see one. Afterward he'd take his cup to the city that drafted him originally, Prince George. Despite whatever differences he had with the new management of the team following his departure into the SHL, home is home baby, home is home. The people love seeing their boy take the big prize home and show everyone that playing hockey in Prince George really isn't that bad of a shtick. Finally Fleming would come home to the city that made him a superstar, Winnipeg. The place where he truly honed his skills and became the player he is today. The place with the most passionate fans. Many brain cells were lost and many great times were inevitably had, and in the back of Fleming's mind all he could think of was that this was only the beginning of something special. Something sublime.

203 words

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

[Image: bIee5zK.png]

Adam Falk finished his third complete season in the SHL this year, and once again he smashed all of his previous high's in every category. He was among the leaders for S25 draftees, posting 17 goals and 20 assists good for 37 points during the 50-game regular season. While that may be impressive even for regular season statistics, his performance during the playoffs was truly something to watch. In the previous two seasons and appearances in the playoffs, Falk combined for just 2 goals and 3 assists in 14 games played. This post-season though? Simply a miraculous performance, light years beyond what he has put up before. In the 11 games played by the North Stars, Falk put up 5 goals and 7 assists for 12 points this playoffs alone, leading the entire team for points. After a lengthy stint on the second line, Falk & his long-time line mate Andrey Barbashev were given the opportunity to shine on the first unit, and did not disappoint. While the North Stars cruised passed the Minnesota Chiefs, they were taken down once more by the Hamilton Steelhawks for the fifth season in a row. However, they did take them to seven games. Could next season end the drought finally? Falk continues to hope he'll be a main reason.

Code:
Words: 216

[Image: cJuotNI.png]

It's the end of Season 30, and after yet another career-high setting year, Adam Falk and the North Stars have finally ended the league's longest-tenured curse. The parade has long been finished and the city has a metric ton of cleaning up & sobering up to do, each player now gets their respective day with the Challenge Cup. Adam's day falls on the weekend, which is just perfect timing for what he has planned. The cup arrives in Norway early in the morning for Falk, and he places it in the passenger seat of his SUV... off he goes. Falk arrives at the local arena where he grew up as a child playing in the midget leagues, where he has organized an event for all the children to play for the cup itself. The tournament was no surprise for the local Norwegian children, but to actually have the Challenge Cup there? Nobody had any clue, parents included. The festivities carry-on the entire day, until one team finally wins the championship and they're gifted with carrying the Challenge Cup around the local ice. The day ends with Falk gathering up the local children, families, and friends around the cup and taking a photo for the occasion to be remembered. A great day for Norway, and a great victory for Toronto.

Code:
Words: 219

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Task One:
[Image: DlaTFYN.png]

Task Two:
[Image: UbgldWV.png]

Task Three:
[Image: BL6IqDW.png]