Create Account

S30 Halifax Raiders Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name:Jari Sinikka

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far?Well I have been here over 4 years so... ya.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player?
Be a menace in the SMJHL and one day become the best SHL d man in the league.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis?
Yup.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither?Yeah I am GFX but also like to write when I have time so both!

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10)7/8

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team?To be active and have a fun locker room.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?sure.

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)?like a 3.45

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room?Activity and fun drunk/high stories!

Who's your favorite NHL team?Nucks

What are your interests outside of hockey?Outdoors and women.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect?Because I am going to become the best player from this draft.

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

KASPARS BÄ’RZIÅ…Å :

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far?

I have always been interested in simulation leagues, but mainly as a GM. This is an interesting concept in which you get to live every kid's dream of being a superstar in the NHL. It seems like a lot of work, but very fun and I look forward to learning and improving!

Short term goals as a player would be just to become accustomed to the league. I am not looking to become an instant superstar on any team. I will just play the role that the team gives me to the best of my ability. I hope on getting drafted and proving to my GM that he made the right decision.

First and foremost, Longterm I'd be looking to win a cup. Individual stats are nice, but the main reason we play the game is for the big trophy at the end of the season. Furthermore I'd like to become a force in the league. I am a sniper and hope to become an elite scorer that is tough to play against and use my size to my advantage.

I will be participating in all the threads possible to allow my player to update and will be checking the site daily.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither?

Graphics are not my forte, but if needed I could be up for a challenge! I'd be interested in writing articles for sure!

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10)

I'm sure I will be a 9 or 10. I am very active in all my fantasy leagues even in the offseason where not much happens, so I can envision myself doing the same here

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team?

An opportunity. A lot of young players will be drafted and all I ask is for the team to give me an opportunity to get accustomed to the league, bond with my teammates and let me prove that I can be a threat on the ice!

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?

Of course! I am always down to chat with people!

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)?

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room?

I will be very active once drafted, so you can look for me to be posting on the regular! Also I am a team player, so anything that needs to be done or any issues that arise, I hope that I can help out.

Who's your favorite NHL team?

Montreal Canadiens

What are your interests outside of hockey?

I play video games (Overwatch/League)... I also play sports such as football/badminton.... Finally, I love magic! I love being amazed by these magicians and I practice card tricks when I have time

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect?

I’m a very motivated player and a fast learner. I am very hard working and I will be updating and training my player to become the best I can be on and off the ice! In addition, my player is a 6'4 scoring threat who is hard to knock off the puck and likes to shoot and score! How can you pass over that Tongue?

Player Name: Cash Money

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? I think the concept of the SHL is insane to think about. I can't believe something like this exists with such depth.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player?short term goal is to build my player to prepare them for the draft on Monday. In the Long term I'd like to become a well known member of the SHL for their skill.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? Yes

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither?Yes

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10)9

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team?A good group of people that are working together towards making the best team possible.
Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion?
Yeah
I'm an open minded and chill guy that enjoys playing video games, sharing things that I find funny.
Calgary Flames
Weed, Video Games, sports in general, Fitness, Electronic Music
because my name is Cash Money and I make plays. That is sweet as fuck.

Player Name:
Lykke Bergfalk

seems pretty cool? I'm still figuring things out so I don't have any strong opinions yet, but I'm liking it so far

hoping to lay the groundwork for a high-scoring offensive d-man that can continue on to greatness

yes

leaning more towards articles, but we'll see

5-7

cool people to hang with while I learn the game

sure

probably around a 5 (you guys seem cool, but the friends who brought me in are mostly headed to other teams I think)

... stuff?

go sharks!

chilling with friends, pokemon go, reading

I'm a fast learner and I'm absolutely gonna be an asset to the team that drafts me

Player Name:

Joe Kurczewski

I can't stop looking at the site. So i'd say its pretty great so far.

Short term: win the four star cup. Long term: make the hall of fame.

You don't reach your HOF goals by not doing so.

Ive already written a nice article and look forward to doing more. I may dabble in graphics, ive yet to decide.

8. I'll be around most days as long as life doesnt get in the way.

Opportunity.

Of course. Id do that even if you didnt draft me.

8. But that can always go up.

Humor.

Buffalo. Its been a rough life.

Football, wrestling, giving pretty good hugs.

Because I'll be giving it my all, and won't be going away like a good chunk of the other prospects will.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Player Name: Zach Evans

What are your thoughts on the SHL so far? It's growing on me. A little difficult to get around at first, but I'm figuring it out.

What are your short-term and long-term goals for your player? Short-term: Overcome the growing pains and contribute to whichever organization drafts me Monday. Long term: Become a Pokemon master who happens to be pretty good at hockey.

Will you be able to train and update on a regular basis? That's the plan.

Do you plan on writing articles, creating graphics, both, or neither? I've been told I am a good writer, and I enjoy writing. Not much help with creating graphics.

How active do you see yourself being? (1-10) >7.

What are you looking for from your SMJHL Team? A competitive but fun environment.

Would you be interested in participating in the Raiders GroupMe chat discussion? Absolutely!

How interested are you in playing for Halifax (1-10)? 10, but really that goes for any team.

What can you bring to the Halifax Locker Room? I'm not good at baking. Maybe chips? Soda? Maybe a pretty good shot with time to develop.

Who's your favorite NHL team? Carolina Hurricanes

What are your interests outside of hockey? Other sports (namely basketball), auto racing, pro wrasslin'.

Why should the Raiders draft you over another prospect? Because, all jokes aside, I'm very excited to develop and grow in the SHL and that excitement could make me an under-the-radar prospect to watch in the draft.

[Image: zdenkoberanek.gif]
Sigs by @enigmatic, @Geekusoid, @sve7en  and @Wasty 
Zach Evans
 | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Player Name:
Cikgnar Konstantinov

So far, I'm loving it! I'm really enjoying diving into the league, the subforums, and learning as much as I can about the league and how it operates. There are still a lot of things I'm not 100% clear on, but I'm hoping to learn from the veterans as I look to make my mark on the SHL.

In the short-term, I'm looking to learn as much as I can and grow my game quickly. As I look to vets to show me the ropes, I hope to be in that same role for future generations of SHLers. As my player develops, my goal is to become a key part of the Raiders' roster on game day and contribute day in and day out, both on and off the ice.

Longer term, I'm looking to become an elite TWF centerman who makes his teammates better and leads by example. I hope to become the next Patrice Bergeron or Jonathan Toews: guys who may not be the flashiest or score the most goals, but who are responsible on the puck, help get their teammates into dangerous parts of the ice, and make life miserable for opposing players on the forecheck. In my opinion, those are the guys that become cornerstones in franchises that win multiple cups, and that's who I hope to be as a player.

Absolutely!

Yes! I've already written my first article and hope to be an ongoing contributor to the SHL and SMJHL community. As for graphics, sadly I don't have the artistic skills to pull that off.

9-10 - I'm still figuring out the full scope of what I can do on this site, so as I learn more about what I can do and ways I can contribute to my team and the league as a whole, I'll be more and more active.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a well-run organization that puts the team first and fosters a collaborative community. As a new player, I have a lot to learn and I hope to join a team where vets are willing and excited to mentor younger players. And as a competitive person, I'm hoping to be on a team that contends every game day and challenges for the cup every year.

Yes!

10 - the Raiders community seems strong, and I'm excited at the possibility to call myself a Raider and be a part of the next cup run!

In the short term, I'll bring an excitement to learn and grow as a player, with the goal of becoming a valued contributor on the ice and a key part of the next cup run. Longer-term, I'll hope to take on the same role for future generations of SHL and SMJHL players and help usher in the next wave of Raiders.

Boston Bruins

Rugby!

I'm committed to success and growth as a player, and I'm looking forward to growing day after day in this league and becoming an elite centerman. I'll be an active contributor, both on the ice and in the locker room. As a player, my goal is to be the type of guy my linemates love playing with, someone who makes everyone better and puts in the hard work to create opportunities for his team. I won't necessarily be the flashiest player, but my hope is that I'll be a cornerstone of the team and help create success for my teammates and the whole Raiders organization.

Player Name:
Matthew Leetch
It seems like a really fun place, with lots of nice people. I think I could really have a fun time here once the season gets rolling (which means I'll be active).
Short-term is just to improve my player and show my skills and my work ethic. Long-term I'm hoping to have a successful SHL career.
Yes. I usually visit at least once per day, sometimes more.
I've already wrote one article, and will definitely write more. Graphics, probably not though.
8. I may not get on every day, but at least 5-6 days a week once school starts.
I'm just looking for a team that believes in me and is willing to take a chance on me.
Sounds like fun. It'll help me get to know my new teammates, so I'd definitely be into it.
10. They seem like a great organization and they're the only team that follows me on Twitter :lol: .
I think I'd be a great addition to the locker room. I'd love to get to know the other players on the team and create friendships that will last throughout our entire SMJHL career.
Do I need to answer this one? See my username/avatar :lol: .
Football, Baseball, sleeping.
I think if you combine my skills with my expected activity levels, you'll really not only be adding a great player to your team, but also a great personality to your locker room.

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Player Name:

Scott Escobar

I love this site. The whole idea is so cool in my opinion. I have so much respect for the people who put it together and maintain its success.

My short term goal is to make an impact right away on my new team. My long term goal is to bring multiple championships to the team I play for.

In order to reach my goals, I will.

I will definitely be writing some articles. I have many ideas in my head.

8, I really want to be successful and be a prominent member here.

I am looking for a great group of guys and success.

Yes, I enjoy discussions!

10, if someone is interested in me I am interested in them.

fun, easy conversation!

Buffalo Sabres!

wrestling, video games, traveling

Simply, I am here to stay

Player Name:
Poon Slayer
I think it's incredibly interesting conceptually and has the potential to really flourish given the right amount of support.
I just want to make a difference in whatever organization im in
Yeah
I'm a decent writer and I plan on writing more articles
Just the right support and development opportunities so I can make a name for myself and benefit my organization.
Sure
I'm pretty new to the league and haven't had the opportunity to really know you guys, so i have the same interest level for about every team now.
A consistent voice
Stars
Video games and American Football
Despite being one of the more inexperienced guys, i believe i show the most potential.

Player Name: Nick Celej

Well I am very new to this whole thing but I really like the concept.

Well I want him to be drafted of course, and then I want him to be a very successful scoring defensemen in the vein of Brian Campbell circa 2005-2008.

I will, I go to school full time and work part time but I can definitely put time towards this weekly.

I am not skilled in creating graphics, maybe I can pick a few things up here. I will definitely write articles which might possibly become my favorite aspect of this.

Umm I don't know how to relate the scale to activity. I aim to post daily but might miss a few days depending on work load.

I would like to be drafted with my friends whigparty11 and JKortesi81. I know that may not be possible but it would be fun. Beyond that I don't know what to expect so I don't have anything I'm looking for specifically.

I don't know what that is. I'm open to anything though.

I'm going to say 5, I don't have strong opinions either way as I am just learning about sim leagues.

An interesting personality, I have some ideas on how I want my player to be and it's not cookie cutter, say all the right things etc. I don't know exactly how normally things go in a league like this but I plan to push the envelope and have alot of fun with it.

Buffalo Sabres

Finance. Trading equities and derivatives (options, futures)

I don't think many defensmen will be of a similar mold. Even other offensive d-men won't quite be as all in on the offensive side as I plan to be.