Create Account

S30 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects

Player Name: KASPARS BÄ’RZIÅ…Å 

Player Type: Sniper

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69587

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=647&t=69591

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:

I just joined the website and I'm doing every task for new players in order to earn TPE. I am very active in all my fantasy leagues even in the offseason where not much happens, so I can envision myself doing the same here

What are your goals for your first season?

Just to become accustomed to the league. I am not looking to become an instant superstar on any team. I will just play the role that the team gives me to the best of my ability. I hope on getting drafted and proving to my GM that he made the right decision. But also as a sniper, I will be looking to put points up!

Describe what type of player you want to build.

I modeled my player after Patrik Laine and Alex Ovechkin. I want to be a big winger who likes to shoot the puck. I look to be a force in the league not only with my goal scoring ability, but because of my puck handling skills and my strength, that makes it hard to knock me off the puck.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful?

An opportunity. Let me show you what I can do and you won't regret drafting me.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room?

I will be very active once drafted, so you can look for me to be posting on the regular! Also I am a team player, so anything that needs to be done or any issues that arise, I hope that I can help out.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)?
A friendly presence. I am always up to chat with people about anything! Mainly I love all sports and I play video games, so if you want to discuss anything or play, I'd be more than happy to! As for life experiences, I am relatively young, so I'm not sure I will be able to provide much there, but I can provide a young attitude and fresh ideas!

Do you have any questions for us?
When can I start Tongue?

Player Name: Max Wilburn

Player Type: Power Forward Winger

Player Page

Update Page

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?:
7/10, but I would only expect it to go up as I get more familiar with the site

I want to establish connections with my teammates and contribute as much as I can to our success, on and off the ice.

I want to build a pass-first Power Forward who has a significant presence and can make something happen on both ends of the ice

This site is a big place, but with guidance and direction, I know I can find my place.

I feel I can add a great deal to the right community :33

I follow the NHL pretty closely (Go Canes) and can contribute to most conversation regarding TV and film. I can be a pretty funny guy.

Nope! Hope to hear from you guys Monday!

Player Name:

Player TypeTonguelaymaker

Player Page:Player Page

Update Page:My Update Page

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 9/10, I plan on staying active

To learn how the league works and to make the best player that I can to make the team better overall.
A Johnn Gaudreau type player.
Money
Yeah I can be a contributing member
Video gamer, weight lifting, I'm into electronic music
Autobots or Decepticons?

Player Name: Joe Kurczewski

Player Type: Offensive Forward

Player Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69445

Update Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69448

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 9. I may end up around an 8, just due to life happening.

What are your goals for your first season? To win the 4 star cup and grow as a player.

Describe what type of player you want to build. A scoring winger who's tough to knock off the puck.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Advice. Its extremely important to learn from others who have already been here.

Yes

Humor and good times.

Whats your favorite color?

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Player Name:

Player Type: Sniper

Player Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69577

Update Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69589

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: While I'm feeling it out, I'm spending a lot of time just navigating and learning the site. Hopefully that time will eventually turn into productivity soon.

What are your goals for your first season? Find ways to contribute both on and off the ice for whichever organization drafts me.

Describe what type of player you want to build. Naturally, as a sniper, I'd like to contribute on the scoresheet. But I also hope I can prove to be a solid positional defender with sneaky-good skating ability as I develop.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? Just some helpful advice on the best way to develop as a player.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Absolutely.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I write a lot - some people have even told me I'm okay at it - so I am very interested in contributing to the media aspects of the league and/or organization.

Do you have any questions for us? Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Player Name:
C - Cikgnar Konstantinov

Player Type:
Two Way Forward

Player Page:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69488

Update Page:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69494

Current activity is about an 8 - I'm still figuring out all the things to do on the site, and I think I've only scratched the surface. As I learn more about the inner workings of the site and the league, I'll be more and more active. No plans to stop yet!

My goal is to learn as much as I can and grow my player into a contributor on the ice. I'll look to learn from vets and put in the hard work to make my player a key part of the Whalers franchise and make my teammates better game in and game out. My goal is to become a cornerstone player, as I believe those are the type of players that can win not 1, but multiple cups.

Cikgnar Konstantinov is a defensive-minded, puck possessing center with an ability to pass into tight windows and get his teammates into goal-scoring positions on the ice. He's not going to score the most goals or lay anyone out, but he's strong on the puck, forces turnovers, and is responsible with the puck on his blade. He'll be the type of player who takes as much pride in his defense as his offense, and hopes to become the next Patrice Bergeron or Anze Kopitar.

I'd love to join a team with a culture of collaboration. I'm willing and eager to learn, and I'd love to have a GM, coach and veterans who are willing to impart their knowledge to young players.

Absolutely! I'll be asking a lot of questions at the beginning as I get my sea legs in the league, and I'll look forward to contributing to the locker room throughout my tenure.

I'm a recreational rugby player, so I'm always excited to meet fellow ruggers or teach others about the game! Outside of that, I'm a fan of craft beers (except IPAs, can't stand 'em) and video games, and have worked in a couple industries in comms.

I think I have a good idea of the Whalers franchise, but I'd love to hear in your own words, what the Whalers are doing to give themselves an advantage over the other teams in the league. Is there a particular way you're looking to build the team, or particular attributes you feel translate to success on the ice? Similarly, do you have any advice for a new player looking to make his mark?

Player Name:
Matthew Leetch
Player Type:
Offensive Defenseman
Player Page:
Player Page
Update Page:
Update Page
8. I have school starting again in September, but I plan to keep the same activity level. I see no reason why I won't be on almost every day.
Improve my player, show my skills, and help my team win.
A defenseman who can be counted on to provide stable and reliable defense, while also being able to chip in on the score sheet often.
Just some tips and tricks that you learn from being here for a while. I'[ve only been here for less than a month, but I already feel like I'm starting to figure everything out. Some guidance is really all I need.
Yes. Once I get to know my new teammates, I'll be have a lot of fun with them.
I'll talk hockey with anybody and everybody. That's what I love the most, but I'm willing to try new things in order to make new friends with my teammates.
Nope.

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Player Name: Scott Escobar

Player Type: playmaker

Player Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69299

Update Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69301

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: 9 right now, I am on a lot. Not a whole lot getting in my way.

What are your goals for your first season? I want to contribute right away during games and in the locker room.

Describe what type of player you want to build. I want to set up goals.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? I need advice from the vets!

Yes

fun, smart talk about hockey, wrestling, video games!

I do not!

Whats your favorite color?

Green

Player Name:

Player Type: Offensive Defensemen

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69497

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69760

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I'm not sure how you measure this, I previously had .6 posts a day but I've done like 6 today alone. I think I'll post daily but I am a full time student and work part time.

To get acclimated to the site and how it works.

Brian Campbell circa 2005-2008

Right now I need someone to show me how to be a player in a sim hockey league. This is my first type of experience in anything like this.

I will certainly do my best, again I need to learn how to do so.

I've played hockey my whole life and have an interesting and quirky personality.

Nope. Thanks for your time.

Player Name: Viktor Nerokov

Player Type: Two-way Forward

Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69755

Update Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69759

Current Activity Level, and anything that might cause your activity level on the site to drop?: I just decided to come back after a few years away from the site. I was a damn madman in my first stint; S7-S8.

What are your goals for your first season? I would like to mirror the success of Jack Nero in S7. Jack was about a 1 point per game player and a 1st round SHL draft pick.

Describe what type of player you want to build. A physical center who can finish plays and is a boss on the PK.

What do you believe you need from GMs and veterans to be successful? A pairing with a couple of speedy, puck-moving wings.

Will you help contribute to an active locker room? Absolutely.

What can you bring to the team (hobbies, life experiences, etc)? I have a lot of league experience. I can create graphics, help with writing, and give teammates ideas on media. I was also the simmer in S7 and know a lot about how the game works.

Do you have any questions for us? Not at all. I am on a mission to be drafted by one of the teams that was around during the NWJHL days.