Create Account

S30 Interested Prospects

Link to Player Page: Toivo Kosonen's Page

Link to Update Thread: Toivo Kosonen's Update Thread

What should we call you?: Toivo Kosonen

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): Just started SHL so I'm at an 8 right now trying to get ready for this draft.

What do you want most out of your junior team? Winning championships, lots of discussion in the locker room, connections to lots of different SHL teams?: Lot's of discussion in the locker room. I want to grow with my team, and am excited to get guidance and advice from the team that drafts me.

What type of player are you hoping to build? What are your long and short term goals for your player? A solid defenseman. Good offensive capabilities, but defenseman first and foremost.

Do you know any current members of the site? If not, how did you find it? No, r/hockey post

Favorite NHL team/player? Carolina Hurricanes and Justin Faulk

What are your top 3 favorite things, aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? (Aren't you glad I made the Sound of Music joke so you didn't have to?) Family, Hockey, Sleep

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Link to Player Page:
Here

Link to Update Thread:
Here

What should we call you?:
breeze (or Bri is cool too)

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open):
5-7 probably

What do you want most out of your junior team? Winning championships, lots of discussion in the locker room, connections to lots of different SHL teams?:
I'm mostly just looking to have fun while I learn how this works

What type of player are you hoping to build? What are your long and short term goals for your player?
Hoping to make a strong, high-scoring defenseman who's an asset to teams present and future

Do you know any current members of the site? If not, how did you find it?
I'm here through lizzywho

Favorite NHL team/player?
Sharks/probably Burns

What are your top 3 favorite things, aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? (Aren't you glad I made the Sound of Music joke so you didn't have to?)
hanging with friends, good stories, baked goods

Link to Player Page:
Tord Yvel's Player Page
Link to Update Thread:
Tord Yvel's Update Page
Tom is short and effective Smile
Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open):
8/9

What do you want most out of your junior team? Winning championships, lots of discussion in the locker room, connections to lots of different SHL teams?:
A active lockerroom, Some helpful veterans/GM with knowledge about the game. Winning is surely nice but let's have fun doing it Smile
What type of player are you hoping to build? What are your long and short term goals for your player?
I'm hoping to create a Two-Way defender with that can be you No. 2/3 shutdown guy but with great passing skills to get the offence started and be a puck distributor in the offensive zone. Main focus is Passing and Defense.
Short term goal is to just get to know people and get a better understanding f the site and everything.
In long term i would like to be one of the top D-men in the league.
Sadly no, but i hope that will change after the upcoming draft Smile
I found over at /R/Hockey.
My favourite Team is the Vancouver Canucks
And i can't choose one player so here's a small list Tongue.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson
Hank and Dank Sedin
Jakob Markström
Bobby Lou
Cory Schneider
Erik Karlsson
Yeah i like swedes Tongue

What are your top 3 favorite things, aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? (Aren't you glad I made the Sound of Music joke so you didn't have to?)
I was gonna say Whiskers on kittens but since that's forbidden i will have to go with
Motorbikes
Hockey
Playing bass

Link to Player Page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69587
Link to Update Thread:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=ST&f=647&t=69591
You can call me zack Smile
I'm sure I will be a 9 or 10. I am very active in all my fantasy leagues even in the offseason where not much happens, so I can envision myself doing the same here
Obviously it would be amazing to win a championship with my junior team! Thats what should be the main goal of any player. But also I love to talk, so communication is key in the locker room. I'm sure connections will come over time, so the focus should be on building a bond and winning games!
Short term goals as a player would be just to become accustomed to the league. I am not looking to become an instant superstar on any team. I will just play the role that the team gives me to the best of my ability. I hope on getting drafted and proving to my GM that he made the right decision.

First and foremost, Longterm I'd be looking to win a cup. Individual stats are nice, but the main reason we play the game is for the big trophy at the end of the season. Furthermore I'd like to become a force in the league. I am a sniper and hope to become an elite scorer that is tough to play against and use my size to my advantage.

I modeled my player after Patrik Laine and Alex Ovechkin. I want to be a big winger who likes to shoot the puck. I look to be a force in the league not only with my goal scoring ability, but because of my puck handling skills and my strength, that makes it hard to knock me off the puck.

I talked with Eggy a bit, he helped me and gave me tips on creating a player and what to do
Team: Montreal Canadiens
Player: Subban :(
Animals
Sports
Magic

Link to Player Page:
Player Page
Link to Update Thread:
Update Thread
Cha Ching
Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): 9

I'm looking to make lots of connections through my junior team and learning about many of the players in the league.
A Johnny Gaudreau type player. My long term goals is to be a well established player that people fear to be up against 1 on 1. My short term goals is to learn from the more experienced players about the league in general.
No, I don't know anyone here. I found out about the site from Reddit.
Calgary Flames is my favorite team and Johnny Gaudreau would be my favorite player currently.
Fitness, weed and Warcraft

Link to Player Page:

http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69445

Link to Update Thread:

: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69448

You can call me Al. (Or Joe)

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): 8-9

Championships would be nice, I'm a fan of discussions. I'd like to learn from others.

A scoring winger that's tough to take the puck from. Short term goals consist of the 4 star cup and improving rapidly, the long term goals are making the SHL and potentially be a hall of famer.

Scott Escobar and Nick Celej

Buffalo Sabres and right now my favorite player is Anze Kopitar.

No, i'm mad that you made the joke for me, because now i have to think of something else thats funny. Luckily those are only a FEW of my favorite things. I also like Football, Wrestling, and playing with my puppy.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Link to Player Page: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69577

Link to Update Thread: http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69589

What should we call you?: Ummm ... player name is Zach Evans. Zach, Evans, Stupid, Shoeboy, Hey You, whatever works.

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): >7.

What do you want most out of your junior team? Winning championships, lots of discussion in the locker room, connections to lots of different SHL teams?: Discussion in the locker room is probably the biggest priority, with winning being a plus.

What type of player are you hoping to build? What are your long and short term goals for your player? I'm building a sniper. Short-term, since I'm coming in last-minute before the draft, is to just make a respectable showing and grow/develop my player and find ways to contribute on and off the ice. Long term, I hope to prove I can stick around and become an integral part of any locker room.

Do you know any current members of the site? If not, how did you find it? Nope. I'm one of the suckers from Reddit.

Favorite NHL team/player? Carolina Hurricanes.

What are your top 3 favorite things, aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? (Aren't you glad I made the Sound of Music joke so you didn't have to?) Hanging out with friends, fast cars, getting lost.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Link to Player Page: Taro's page

Link to Update Thread: Taro's updates

What should we call you?: Taro or Eich works.

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): Probably an 8-10. I guess I'm still learning how much there is to do and how much time is needed.

What do you want most out of your junior team? Winning championships, lots of discussion in the locker room, connections to lots of different SHL teams?: The goal is to learn the ins and outs of the game, develop the best player I can, and contribute on and off the ice. A championship would be great, but mostly looking for new and veteran players to share banter in the upcoming season.

What type of player are you hoping to build? What are your long and short term goals for your player? Initially, to build up my TPE and earn some ice time in juniors. Eventually, I hope to contribute on a scoring line. Long term, I hope to be an elite playmaker. Adam Oates setting up Brett Hull; Pat LaFontaine finding Alex Mogilny; Dale Hawerchuk or even a slightly smaller version of Jumbo Joe, if you will.

Do you know any current members of the site? If not, how did you find it? From the reddit threads.

Favorite NHL team/player? Buffalo Sabres. Loved me some Danny Gare, Mike Foligno, and Pat Lafontaine back in the day. Right now, super excited to see Sam Reinhart and Jack Eichel progress into stars.

What are your top 3 favorite things, aside from raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? (Aren't you glad I made the Sound of Music joke so you didn't have to?) I'm going to cheat a little and combine some: playing soccer, cooking/wine, Bills/Sabres.

Link to Player Page:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69488

Link to Update Thread:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69494

Cikgnar or Ciggy. But the wand chooses the wizard, Harry.

7-8. I'm planning on checking in 1-2x/day as my schedule allows, but life gets in the way sometimes. That being said, I'm really liking the site so far, and trying to find ways to get involved off the bat. I'm still finding my way, so as I become more familiar with the site and where I can contribute, I'll look to get more involved.

As a new player, I'm looking to grow my game as much as I can in the juniors. Mostly, I'm looking for a positive community with an active locker room with vets who're looking to take younger players under their wing. Connections to SHL teams is a plus, and as a competitive guy, I'm always looking to contend in each game.

I've modeled my player after Patrice Bergeron and Anze Kopitar - guys who are responsible with the puck, seldom turn the puck over, and make plays to get their teammates into dangerous parts of the ice. To me, those guys are quintessential "hockey players" who put the team first, and there's a reason why their teams (not so much the Bruins these days) are perennial cup contenders. I'd love to have that same impact on my future team.

Short-term, I'm looking to learn as much as I can about the site, the league,and how to grow my player. Longer-term, I'm looking to be a guy like Bergy, Kopitar or Toews - a cornerstone for a team that challenges for the cup year in and year out.

I do not! I found the site through the r/NHL post.

Boston Bruins - Tuukka Rask, because he's a stud and because he throws temper tantrums. I also like Eddie Lack because he seems like a random dude who just woke up one day and was an NHL goaltender. He just seems so goofy.

3 favorite things would have to be:
1. The Sound of Music
2. The Sound of Music 2: Revenge of the Von Trapps
3. The Sound of Music 3: the Trappening

Link to Player Page:
Player Page
Link to Update Thread:
Update Page
Matt
I'd certainly like to be part of a winning team. Winning is something that matters to me, but it's not everything. I'd love to form great relationships that last my whole career. SHL connections never hurt either Wink
An offensive, but defensively reliable player. I want to improve my player in the short term, and have a successful long term SHL career.
BluesBoy71 is it. He's who brought me over here.
Rangers. Lundqvist. That was easy :lol:
1. Playing hockey
2. Watching hockey
3. A Rangers win

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Link to Player Page:

http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69299

Link to Update Thread:

http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=69301

Scott!

Anticipated activity level (where 1 is logging on almost never, 5 is logging on at least weekly, and 10 is always having the site open): 8-9

What do you want most out of your junior team? success

An elite passer. My short terms goal is to make an immediate impact on the team I am drafted too. My long term goal is to win multiple championships.

Joe Kurczewski and Nick Celej

Buffalo Sabres and right now my favorite player is John Tavares.

hockey, wrestling, video games

Link to Player Page:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69497

Link to Update Thread:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69760

Nick

Thank you for defining your scale, 7

I want a combination of a place to develop for the SHL and success.

Brian Campbell circa 2205-2008. Super smooth skating, high scoring defensmen.

Scott Escobar, Joe Kurczewski, Bill Cirocco

Buffalo Sabres

Hockey
Dogs
Golf

Link to Player Page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69755

Link to Update Thread: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=69759

What should we call you?: Nero

An 8 seems fair. I was one of the most active players and staffers back in S7-S8.

Player progression and SHL draft stock. That comes along with success at the SMJHL level.

Power forward who has a goal-scoring ability and a total boss on the PK. Looking to mirror the success of Jack Nero in the short-term and go on to win the Challenge Cup several times over in the long run.

I know anyone who was around back in S7. I believe most of the those guys are SHL GMs and SHL staffers by now.

Favorite NHL team/player? Nashville Predators/PK Subban

1. Jello
2. Brass poles
3. Quilted Northern