Conklin Owen - Jon Ross - Ace Redding
Theodore Graham - Connor MacDonald
Maximilian Wehner

St. Louis Scarecrows

Willy Mack - Ronnie Westwood - Joe Kurczewski
Danny Foster - Rhaegar Targaryen
Kyle Wahlgren

Game Recap

On Day 49, the St. Louis Scarecrows hosted the Vancouver Whalers. In a nail-biting contest, the Scarecrows were able to hold on for a 4-3 win despite constant pressure from the Whalers. Let's have a look at how the action transpired.

Period 1

It was the Whalers who got things going early in the first, with Corey Bearss firing home two minutes in after a Levi Kubrak face off win. The lead didn't last too long though, as only four minutes later, Frans Erichsen tied the game up after converting on a nice pass from DarryL Landry. A double minor for Frankie Latta for roughing put the Whalers in trouble, but the PK unit did its job well, surrendering only two shots and keeping the score level.

Dos Diablo gave the Scarecrows the lead 12:58 in to the period, with Landry again the provider. Only eighteen second later, Geoff Reine went to the box for St. Louis after being called for hooking. Vancouver were unsuccessful on their power play, but it only took twenty-one seconds after the end of the penalty for St. Louis to get another man sent to the box, this time Danny Foster for tripping. Despite numerous chances, Kyle Wahlgren held strong in goal.

Though the Whalers tested Wahlgren many times in the latter half of the period, they just couldn't break him down. With only twenty-five seconds to play in the period, Eugene Feist scored against the run of play to make it 3-1, sending the home crowd wild.

Period 2

The Scarecrows got themselves in to penalty trouble again early in the second, with Feist going to the box after only seven seconds. They killed the penalty successfully, but almost as soon as Feist left the box, Kelly Rivet was penalised for hooking. Ace Redding capitalised on this power play, scoring his 10th goal of the season to bring the score to 3-2. As the Whalers looked to take advantage of their momentum, Brynjar Tusk killed it by getting sent to the box.

There were far fewer shots on goal this period, and it wasn't until 9:43 that Casper Ek restored the Scarecrows' two goal advantage, ending Maximilian Wehner's night as he was pulled having saved only six of the ten shots he had faced. Max Wilburn's frustration at losing a goal was evident when he took a penalty only one second after the restart, though St. Louis were unable to further punish the Whalers.

Olson Stuart brought the Whalers back to within one at 16:51, deflecting a Dom Monarch slap shot beyond Wahlgren. The period looked to be ending with little extra action, until Joe Kurczewski was called for hooking with eight seconds left, giving the Whalers the majority of a power play opportunity to open the third.

Period 3

The Whalers came out pressing on the power play, but Wahlgren was equal to efforts from Ace Redding and Jon Ross, and the Scarecrows killed the penalty successfully. Ieuan Llewellyn put Vancouver on the back foot with a hold, giving St. Louis a man advantage 5:20 into the period, though Triforce Link held strong under pressure in the Vancouver net.

Midway through the period, Max Wilburn took his second penalty of the game, giving the Scarecrows a chance to put the game to bed. Link was once again the saviour, coming up with some big saves to keep the Whalers in it.

The remainder of the period was a back and forth affair, with neither team establishing any sustained pressure. Both Wahlgren and Link stood strong in between the pipes, and the Scarecrows were able to hold on to win the game 4-3.

Highlights

[Image: canada-beats-us-with-this-goal.gif?w=1000]
Frans Erichsen scores on a feed from Landry

[Image: tumblr_mlsk6e4ZjW1sna8pso1_500.gif]
Ace Redding scores on the power play

[Image: tumblr_ng38kvTeCy1tl7ygpo1_500.gif]
Kyle Wahlgren celebrates at the end of the game

Key Team Stat

Total Shots

Whalers 35-21 Scarecrows

Despite the score ending 4-3 in favour of the Scarecrows, the Whalers were absolutely dominant in the shot total category, racking up a huge 66.67% more efforts on goal. Unfortunately for the Whalers, Kyle Wahlgren was in rare form, posting a 0.914 save percentage despite his heavy workload. It was also a night to forget for Maximilian Wehner, who was pulled halfway through the game having conceded four goals on only ten shots. To add insult to Wehner's performance, Triforce Link was a perfect eleven saves on eleven shots as relief. It just goes to show that out-shooting your opponent isn't always enough if the quality of shots isn't there, and if your own goaltender has a rough night.

Three Stars

3rd Star - Dos Diablo Scarecrows
1G, +1, 3S, 1H, 9:32 minutes

Dos Diablo's first period goal was enough to earn him a 3rd star nomination, as he made the most of limited ice time, providing a dangerous goal scoring threat every time he was on the ice.

2nd Star - DarryL Landry Scarecrows
2A, +2, 1S, 1SB, 18:23 minutes

Defenseman Landry had a very effective game, defending well and picking up two first assists on excellent passes. His presence at the blue line was a key reason the Scarecrows were able to win despite being out-shot.

1st Star - Frans Erichsen Scarecrows
1G, 1A, 2S, 1H, 14:27

Last year's points leader was at it again, picking up a goal and an assist despite playing only fourteen and a half minutes. Erichsen was the best player on the ice, and made the most of his opportunities.</div>

Kelowna Knights vs Vancouver Whalers
Knights goalie Jason Aittokallio bests the Whalers duo for a 6 to 4 win!

Game Link
[Image: nAijN1J.png]

Triforce Link Interview:
Interview What did you think of the pressure that the Knights were able to get in the attacking zone all night?
“Their power play was good tonight. We tried to eliminate those chances but you know, they scored three goals from it.”

Interview What was going through your mind as the Lightning went on a relentless attack in the opening 10 minutes tonight?
“We knew they were gonna come hard after they lost last season so we were ready for that. They started pressuring hard in the first 10 minutes. After that I think we got back to the game.”

Interview What makes Geronimo Otto so difficult to defend against from the right faceoff circle in the attacking zone?
“He gotta good shot, we all know that and we have to just be smarter and don’t let him shot it from that point.”

Vancouver PK Problems:
The Vancouver penalty kill had been so good so far this season versus the Knights, what happened tonight? The Knights made a few adjustments and the Wahlers couldn't find an answer for it. The PK lost the game for the Whalers. It's a tough one when you give up three like that, then another short-handed. The Whalers have got to be better, find a way to be better, find answers to the penalty kill problems they got. The Knights have lots of weapons and tonight they were able to click and score more goals. Clearly one team bested the other on special teams and goaltending.

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

<div align="center">Vancouver Whalers @ <span style='color:#7E0517'>St. Louis Scarecrows</span></div>
<div align="center">(Game #68)</div>
<div align="center"> Whalers 2-3 Scarecrows </div>
<div align="center">Game Link</div>

<div align="center">[Image: Wie-geht-s-weiter-mit-der-TUI-Arena_ArtikelQuer.jpg]</div>

<div align="center">[Image: viqI7MU.png]</div>

<u><div align="center">Starting Lineups</div></u>

<div align="center"> Whalers Vancouver Whalers Whalers </div>

<b><div align="center">Conklin Owen - Jon Ross - Ace Redding 
</div>
<div align="center">Theodore Graham - Connor MacDonald</div>
<div align="center">Triforce Link</div></b>

<div align="center">Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows Scarecrows </div>

<b><div align="center">Casper Ek - Eugene Feist - Joe Kurczewski
</div>
<div align="center">Danny Foster - Rhaegar Targaryen</div>
<div align="center">Kasper Haapanen</div></b>

<div align="center">
Brief Synopsis
</div>

In this back and forth game between both teams backup goaltenders. St. Louis managers to have the last laugh as their 3rd pairing defender beats Maximilian Wehner and puts the game out of reach for the Whalers. Who were unable to capitalize on late chances in the third period.

<div align="center">
Game Summary
</div>

Since hitting the quarter part of the season the Vancouver Whalers had begun to flounder slightly. Suffering some major defeats and dropping them from their top spot in the West. Surging Prince George and high scoring Kelowna had begun to move their way up the standings. St. Louis had set their sights completely on pulling away from upstart Detroit and the lingering Raiders. This game would help determine which team would be moving closer to the top of their respective conference.

Period one was thrilling but both goaltenders stayed stalwart. Denying every chance that came their way during the majority of the period. Before enforcer and star defender Danny Foster took a pass across the crease and tossed the puck home backward and through his legs in what would prove to be a valuable and beautiful goal. Goaltender Maximilian Wehner had no chance at stopping such a beautiful shot as the Scarecrows took a 1-0 lead heading into the second period.

The second period woud continue on in much the same fashion as the first with both goaltenders battling and not giving an inch to the incoming shots from the opposing team. Halfway through the period rookie enforcer Ieuan Llewellyn of Wales took a beautiful pass across the crease and tipped in into the twine behind Scarecrow Goaltender Haapanen. With the game now tied and both teams enforcers being the ones on the board. The game would swing based on play in the third period.

The last period of the game was much different from the earlier periods as three goals were potted and action seemed to be at an all time high within minutes of puck drop. The action began when 3rd line center Jason Visser blasted one by Wehner with a rocket shot. Only seconds later off of the faceoff Vancouver Captain Jon Ross took the puck from the draw and took a clearance shot down the ice which surprised Haapanen with a goal dribbling passed him. The game was now level at two and both teams wanted to get back into a rhythm when unlikely hero Geoff Reine, a 3rd paring defender, takes the puck off a missed shot by Frans Erichsen and works his way through defenders to put the puck in the back of the net and secure the win for the Scarecrows.

<div align="center">
Game Highlights In Photo
</div>

<div align="center">1st Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: 2013-12-07-15_02_09.gif]</div>
<div align="center">Scarecrow's Defender Danny Foster scores a beautiful goal in the first.</div>

<div align="center">2nd Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: PleasingEnormousBurro.gif]</div>
<div align="center">Vancouver's Ieuan Llewellyn scores a redirected goal in the second period. </div>

<div align="center">3rd Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_lz5oj8d2ui1r21bjmo1_500.gif]</div>
<div align="center">Scarecrow's Center Jason Visser blasts one home from the point.</div>

<div align="center">[Image: I4GqDhF.gif]</div>
<div align="center">Vancouver Center Jon Ross surprised Goaltender Haapanen with a neutral zone shot.</div>

<div align="center">[Image: Christoffer.gif]</div>
<div align="center">Scarecrow's Defender Geoff Reine wins the game on his 3rd period shot.</div>

<div align="center">
Post-Game Interviews with St. Louis's Joe Kurczewski

[Image: 208301_web_spt03xx10RoadRunners02.jpg]

Interview Tonight seemed like a hard fought game. While playing in front of your backup goaltender Kasper Haapanen do you have confidence you can win every time?

Joe Kurczewski: To be honest, it was a hell of a hard fought game. Very back and forth. And whenever you play animals like Llewellyn or Redding, you're going to get hit. But we feel like we could win every game without a goalie. We play a pretty good system, and I think we'd do okay. Honestly though, we're going to play just as hard in front of Happer as we do Wally. We know we can win with either of them for sure.

Interview How would you say you played tonight and what could you do to play better in the future?

JK: Well, it'd be nice to score some fucking goals, thats for sure. I'm way below my personal projections for this part of the season. A lot of that is attributed to the excellent defenders ive been playing night in and night out. Tonight was okay. I only had 1 shot, and it wasn't the world's greatest. It wasn't anything special, which is a shame since i was really pumped up for tonight.

Interview What are you goals for the rest of the season? Is it Four Stars or Bust? Or would you say you're more interested in growing as a player?

JK: My goal from day one was to win a four star cup. I'll only have 2, maybe 3 chances at one, and I'd love to say I won a Four Star on my way to a Challenge Cup. That sounds a bit selfish, but I'm a Scarecrow, the defending champions. It's been our team goal to keep the cup in St. Louis. For my own personal goals, i'm definitely working harder each day to grow as a player. I'm putting in the work, and i feel the results will start to show on the scoresheet and in my draft stock.

Interview In your locker room, who would you say is your best buddy? Who do you feel chemistry building with on the ice?

JK: I dont think i have a best buddy. Honestly, I feel pretty alone and isolated at times. I came to St. Louis with an entire group of friends with Escobar, Celej, and Cirocco. Look at my shirt! Scarecrow Club. We had a thing. And then Billy just stopped wanted to put in the work, and Nick became frustrated and is never around. Scotty is still here sure, but i can tell his mind has been elsewhere too. I mean, Rivet's pretty bad ass, but we aren't like best buds or anything. I'd say i feel like a loner right now. It's frustrating for sure. On the ice is a different issue. I really like playing with Feisty. Honestly, the PP line we had tonight of Feist, Akeson, and myself was pretty perfect. We're starting to get things on the same page for sure.</div>

Interview Thank you for taking the time to sit down with us Joe.

<div align="center">
Three Stars

[Image: HFPCIgF.png]
[Image: spt032511roadrunners2.jpg]
Danny Foster (STL)
1 Goal, +2, 3 Hits, 18:46 minutes

[Image: eVPVjr8.png]
[Image: 12971220.jpg]
Jason Visser (STL)
1 Goal, +1, 1 Hit, 15:12 minutes</div>

<div align="center">[Image: InKv1IM.png]
[Image: 2962319.jpg]
Jon Ross (VAN)
1 Goal, 4 Shots, 1 Hit, 21:49 minutes</div>

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

<div align="center">Prince George Firebirds @ <span style='color:#150567'>Vancouver Whalers</span></div>
<div align="center">(Game #91)</div>
<div align="center"> Firebirds 2-3 Whalers </div>
<div align="center">Game Link</div>

<div align="center">[Image: oct3107_arena_b.jpg]</div>

<div align="center">[Image: Jblgwdn.png]</div>

<u><div align="center">Starting Lineups</div></u>

<div align="center"> Firebirds Prince George Firebirds Firebirds </div>

<b><div align="center">Hylytyr NoRetornable - Casper Jakobsson - Sven Wolf
</div>
<div align="center">Johnny Pollak - Hunky Monkey</div>
<div align="center">Ben Waters</div></b>

<div align="center"> Whalers Vancouver Whalers Whalers </div>

<b><div align="center">Conklin Owen - Jon Ross - Ace Redding 
</div>
<div align="center">Theodore Graham - Connor MacDonald</div>
<div align="center">Triforce Link</div></b>

<div align="center">
Brief Synopsis
</div>

A game of a struggling offense and a struggling goaltender leads to a game that is much closer than the stats intially show. As Vancouver Goaltender Triforce Link does just enough to give his team a win in overtime while rookie goaltender Ben Waters scratches tooth and nail to get his team one point despite their sputtering offense.

<div align="center">
Game Summary
</div>

Two teams fighting strongly for the top of the Western Conference meet in a game set to have immense impact on the final run of the season to the crown of the West. While Prince George continues to be hot, the Whalers are struggling in a perpetual cycle of victory and defeat that only has them spinning their wheels in the Western Conference picture.

Period one was dominated by the Whalers offense as they peppered standout rookie goaltender Ben Waters with shots from all over the ice. His reflexes and glove speed showed immensely as he was able to stymie the red hot Vancouver offense. Playing such strong goal even though his team hadn't even taken a shot until the 7th minute of the 1st period paid off when that first shot hit the twine behind Triforce Link to put the Firebirds up 1-0 on their first attempt of the game. The goal by Joseph Ricardelli would be only one of two shots for the Firebirds in the entire first period. The 6th shot of the period for the Vancouver Whalers would bring the teams into a 1-1 tie. Rookie Forward Dom Monarch would take a botched faceoff win by Eduard Selich to the net and throw it by the outtstreteched pad of the overworked Ben Waters.

The second period woud continue the offensive struggles of the Firebirds as they wouldn't even match their shot total from the previous period. The Firebirds offense had begun to grind to a halt and throughout the perioid showed no signs of getting back on track as the Whalers continued their assault on Ben Waters. Throwing every puck they could get into the zone at the goaltender. Holding fast the goaltender only surrendered one goal under relentless pressure. The goal came near the three minute mark of the period when forward Levi Kubrak slammed the puck on Waters and took the rebound glove hand and high. Beating the goaltender and putting the Whalers up 2-1 heading into the 3rd period.

The 3rd period was not a huge improvement for the Firebirds but something had seemed to click and allowed for a bit more offensive pressure from the struggling Firebirds offense. The team came out of the locker room and immediately began pressuring shakey goaltender Triforce Link and it paid off in a deflection goal by Karl Hertzberg on a shot by sniper Eduard Selich. The rest of the period consisted of save after save matched by goaltenders on either side of the ice. Ben Waters had single handedly earned his team at least a point and a chance at taking two points from a Vancouver team that had steadily outperformed his team in all previous periods. The 5 minute overtime period sputtered for both teams.

Enter the shootout. Triforce Link began to show why he was the starter in Vancouver as he did not let a single puck to hit the strings while the two biggest leaders on the Whalers team put their shots in behind Waters. Conklin Owen sealed the game with his fancy goal and helped the Whalers pull one point closer to the streaking Firebirds.

<div align="center">
Game Highlights In Photo
</div>

<div align="center">1st Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: jzQdSdc.jpg]</div>
<div align="center">Firebirds's Forward Joseph Riccardelli celebrates after putting Prince George up 1-0.</div>

<div align="center">[Image: j8D058g.jpg]</div>
<div align="center">Vancouver's Dom Monarch scores a goal passed the outstreteched pad of Ben Waters. </div>

<div align="center">2nd Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: cFglwZg.jpg]</div>
<div align="center">Vancouver's Levi Kubrak celebrates in the second period after scoring a goal and taking the lead for the Whalers.. </div>

<div align="center">3rd Period</div>

<div align="center">[Image: lxsAKdT.jpg]</div>
<div align="center">Firebirds's Karl Hertzberg celebrates after leveling the game at 2-2.</div>

<div align="center">Overtime</div>

<div align="center">[Image: 20150254d00fed73f49.jpg]</div>
<div align="center">Vancouver team celebrates after winger Owen Conklin scores the final goal in the shootout to give the Whalers the win.</div>

<div align="center">
Turning Point

The turning point of Game 91 between the Prince George Firebirds and the Vancouver Whalers does not take place at a specific point of the game but takes places throughout the entire game. The Prince George Firebirds had an extremely tough game in the offensive zone. While rookie goaltender Ben Waters gave them every chance to win the game and eventually handed them a point single handedly. The turning point had to come in the first when the Firebirds only had 2 shots and barely pressured Triforce Link at all.

[align=center][Image: owU9NT2.jpg]</div>

With proper pressure the Firebirds could easily had left this game with an extra point and denied the Whalers a valuable point in the race for the top of the West. Their inability to generate chances easily is the reason they lost this game as Triforce Link had trouble stopping the few shots that did make it his way.

<div align="center">
Three Stars

[Image: HFPCIgF.png]
[Image: ryan_moore.jpg]
Conklin Owen (VAN)
Gaming Winning Overtime Goal

[Image: eVPVjr8.png]
[Image: 1297780828355_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si...9508756349]
Ben Waters (PGF)
28 saves from 30 shots - (0.933), OTL, 13-1-3, 65:00 minutes</div>

<div align="center">[Image: InKv1IM.png]
[Image: Wilson-Tom-10234.jpg]
Theodore Graham (VAN)
1 Assist, 5 Shots, 4 Hits, 24:28 Minutes</div>

[Image: 3GSD0dd.gif]
[Image: m1IMt5k.gif]

Code:
1667 words. Does not include headline, writer credit or link to game

Watson, Shea Lead Montreal Past Detroit [Game #155]
by Rusty Klesla / ********.com Staff Writer

The Montreal Militia just seem to keep getting stronger every single game that they play. While they have won games with better numbers, scoring 5 goals in a win against one of the top teams in the league is never to be taken lightly.

The first period was a tight period as far as goals scored goes but the Montreal Militia outshot the Detroit Falcons 12-5 in the first period. The only goal in the period however came on the powerplay after former Montreal Militia member Henrik Vikström was sent to the box for two minutes for boarding. On the resulting powerplay, Johnny Watson makes a pass to Wesley Wells who sends the puck to the point for Matthew Shea who fires a thunderous one timer shot that’s stopped by Falcons goaltender Sivy McSieve. But the Falcons defense failed to clear out the rebound and Wesley Wells sends the puck past a sprawling McSieve to put Montreal up 1-0 less than 5 minutes into the game.

In the second period, the shots on goal were the exact opposite of period one; This time the Falcons outshot the Militia 12-7 but both teams scored two goals.
First, just 2:21 into the 2nd period, former Falcon Viktor Nerokov sends a wicked wrister past McSieve on a rush with Brendan Kennedy. And then just 59 seconds later, Johnny Watson and Matthew Shea both pick up their second assist points in the game when Johnny Watson took a pass from Shea and fired a harmless looking shot at the net that Nathan Russett deflected in past the glove of McSieve, putting the Montreal Militia up 3-0. But after that, the Detroit Falcons took a time out and after that, they started playing like the team that is second in the league.

First Hans Moleman, who leads the SMJHL in points this season, fired home his 20th goal of the season past Montreal Militia goaltender Stephen Harris after taking a pass from Alex Berkis. And then a little over a minute later, Montreal Militia defenseman Ryan Vas took a charging minor and it cost the Montreal Militia dearly as Prince Daniel James found Alex Berkis alone in the slot, who obliged and fired home his 19th goal of the season, showing why taking penalties against the Falcons is not a smart move. Hans Moleman picked up the secondary assist on the powerplay goal.

At this point it was the Montreal Militia’s turn to call a timeout and Captain Ilmari Määttä lays down the law on his team that was partially picked up by the broadcast mics. Määttä said something along the lines of “What the [profanity] is going on out there? We’re dragging [profanity] through every play. Get your heads straight, go to the net and stop [profanity] around. You gotta go all the way down, follow your guys and makes sure you have those [profanity] lanes covered, for [profanity] sake. We got this game, don’t [profanity] this up.”

[Image: tUzTBP9.jpg]
Ilmari Määttä (middle) talking to his team after the Falcons scored 2 quick goals to come within one.

“Yeah, he gave us a good earful”, said Ryan Vas post game. “I think we needed that wake-up call after giving up those two quickies. We just went back to what we were doing before and just matched every stride after he stepped up like a good Captain does.”

And this seemed to work, though not perfectly.

In the third period, the shots on goal were narrowly in favor of the Montreal Militia, 9-7. But it was the Montreal Militia who scored 2 goals to the Detroit Falcon’s one, giving them the 5-3 win over one of the top team’s in the league.

Just 2:19 into the third period Alex Berkis, who had two points in the game, took a minor penalty for interference that would prove to be costly. 29 seconds after Berkis’ penalty, Montreal Militia center Filip Granlund won a faceoff in the Detroit Falcons zone on the powerplay, sending the puck to Montreal Militia forward Nolan Angello, who leads the team in goals, who fired home a one timer half slapper that McSieve couldn’t properly see as his defensemen had barely time to move out of the way when Nolan Angello sniped one past his glove side shoulder. Angello’s goal would stand as the game winning goal.

The two teams played tight hockey for most of the third period, not giving up a lot on either end until towards the end of the third period.
First, Henrik Vikström fired a shot that was blocked by Montreal defenseman Ryan Vas. Then Chadathy Brodangleschlong found the puck and fired a shot that missed the net. But Henrik Vikström stayed with the puck and fired home the puck past Stephen Harris for his tenth goal of the season, bringing the Falcons within one goal. But with just 2:41 left in the game, Montreal Militia defenseman Viatcheslav Orlov found forward Jason Forbrook at center ice, who then skated into the Falcons zone with Marcos Maciel. Forbrook threw the puck at the net that looked like it was going right into McSieve’s glove, expect that Marcos Maciel crashed the net and got his reward when he deflected Forbrook’s shot low and sent it through the five hole on McSieve. McSieve finished the game with 23 saves and Harris finished with 21 saves.

After the game, Detroit Falcons forward Alex Berkis wasn’t happy with his team’s performance. “I felt like we should have had that game,” Berkis said with frustration. “You know, we had plenty of chances and we took some dumb penalties that cost us some goals but overall, it was a one goal game for a good while and we should have tied it but our penalty kill just wasn’t on point right when it should have. You can’t win every game but we’d sure like to have that one back.”

On the Montreal side, Ryan Vas was happy with his team’s performance as they outplayed the Falcons in many statistics. “Yeah, Angello, Harris, Watson, Shea. Those guys came through. Shea got two helpers and he’s still the new guy in our team but he’s so talented, he’s got instant chemistry with everybody,” Vas said. When asked about how it felt to beat the Falcons, Vas smiled. “Oh, it felt great, really great. You know, they’ve slapped us a couple of times this season and to be able to go out there and put 5 past their goalie, it feels good.”

Montreal Militia Captain Iimari Määttä felt the same way about his team’s game as Ryan Vas. “I felt like it was one of the more complete games we’ve played against the Falcons this season. We stayed with the puck, we didn’t give them too many chances and we had good penalty kill.”
With the playoffs drawing ever nearer, it is important to start setting trends. And when you beat one of the top teams in the league, it is a good trend to set. And that’s exactly what the Montreal Militia did with this game and this win against the Detroit Falcons.

[Image: toffsan12.gif]
Nolan Angello GWG

Stats Analysis

Offense
The Montreal Militia dominated the shot totals in the first period, outshooting the Detroit Falcons 12-5 but only scoring one goal.

In the second period, it was the Detroit Falcons who outshot the Montreal Militia 12-7. However, despite this statistic, both teams scored two goals in the second period.

In the third period, the Montreal Militia narrowly outshot the Detroit Falcons 9-7 but they again scored 2 goals in a period while the Detroit Falcons only scored once.

The Montreal Militia scored 4 out of their 5 goals within the first 5 minutes of each period, including the game winning goal, making their fast starts their best offensive asset in this game.

Defense
The Montreal Militia had an excellent penalty kill, only giving up one goal on 5 penalty kills.
The Detroit Falcons also had an excellent penalty kill, killing 5 out of the 7 penalties they took. On the 4 minute double minor that was given to Rising Hippo, the Falcons only gave up one shot on goal. However it is to be noted that the Falcons gave up the game costing 4-3 goal on the penalty kill, casting a shadow on their otherwise brilliant penalty kill.

Shots on goal
Montreal Militia shots on goal on the powerplay:
1st attempt, 4 shots on goal. Goal.
2nd attempt, 1 shot on goal. No goal.
3rd attempt, 3 shots on goal. No goal
4th attempt, 2 shots on goal. No goal.
5th attempt, 2 shots on goal. Goal.
6th attempt, 1 shot on goal. No goal.
7th attempt, 1 shot on goal. No goal.
Total shots on goal on the powerplay: 13.

Shots on goal even strength or shorthanded: 15.
Overall shots on goal: 28. The Montreal Militia had plenty of shots on goal on the powerplay, especially on attempt #1 and they scored on the powerplay when it mattered, getting the GWG on the powerplay
----------------------------
Detroit Falcons shots on goal on the powerplay:
1st attempt, 1 shot on goal. No goal.
2nd attempt, 3 shots on goal. No goal.
3rd attempt, 3 shots on goal. Goal.
4th attempt, 0 shots on goal. No goal.
5th attempt, 1 shot on goal. No goal.
Total shots on goal on the powerplay: 8.

Shots on goal even strength or shorthanded: 16.
Overall shots on goal: 24. The Detroit Falcons had a total of 24 shots on goal and had a total of 5 powerplay opportunities. They only scored once on the powerplay and failed to score on the powerplay in the third, only managing one shot on goal.

Shots on goal per period

1st period
Montreal Militia - 12
Detroit Falcons - 5

2nd period
Montreal Militia - 7
Detroit Falcons - 12

3rd period
Montreal Militia - 9
Detroit Falcons - 7

Link to game

Him Torton’s 3 Stars Of The Game

1 - Hans Moleman (DET) 1 goal, 1 assist. TOI: 24:48
2 - Alex Berkis (DET) 1 goal, 1 assist. TOI: 19:02.
3 - Johnny Watson (MTL) 2 assists. TOI: 15:31

Prince George Firebirds @ Detroit Falcons

A classic showdown between one of the hottest goalies in the league and the most potent offense in the league. Detroit game into the game with the highest goals for, while Prince George touted a goalie at or near the top of every goalie category. Let’s take a look at the starting goalies:

[Image: smallwater.gif]
Ben Waters #31
Waters has had an amazing season to date, and proven many GMs may have made a mistake in passing over him in the draft. He sits at or near the top of all goalie categories, has a great winning percentage on a weaker team, and continually finds a way to win.

[Image: mMIgaXH.png]
Sivy McSieve #69
After an early season struggle with management, McSieve has settled into a very good season with the Falcons, and also finds himself among the league’s best goalies. His job is always made easier by his teams incredible offense, which usually makes up for any bad nights McSieve is having.

First Period

From start to finish this game was all about the Detroit offense and the fact that every player on Prince George had an off night. Halfway through the first with Watkins in the box for hooking, Detroit wins the faceoff. Nucky Toohoots throws the puck on net and Moleman gets his stick on it for the deflection right past Ben Waters who never saw the puck
[Image: 3.21.15_PITvsARI_Winnik1_view1.gif]
The period ended with a brief scramble around McSieve, but he showed his incredible hand speed and came up with two huge saves to carry the 1-0 lead into the second
[Image: MAFKarlsson.gif]

Second Period

A little back and forth to open the second period but Prince George’s push didn’t last long, and suddenly off a faceoff in the PGF zone Kaspars Berzins rips a shot past a surprised Waters who doesn’t seem to be seeing the puck tonight
[Image: gonchar9.22.15v2.gif]
A short break for Waters before Detroit stormed the zone again. Monkey gets down to block the first shot from Berkis. Moleman fires a puck that heads wide but Toohoots knocks it down. Waters flops to make the save but Toohoots has an easy tap-in goal
[Image: kings1.gif]
Waters is taking deep breaths now and long drinks of water. His team couldn’t stop the pressure though and Detroit took the puck right back down to the PGF zone and set up shop. Waters was giving up multiple rebounds and didn’t seem to have any control of the situation. Hans Moleman put a puck on net and Berkis got the deflection past Waters who smashed his stick
[Image: tumblr_inline_mo71pxRJHW1rjed0t.gif]
That was it for Waters, and Ace Dafoe skated out to take over between the pipes. Dafoe fared a little better at first, and managed to stop the bleeding for the remainder of the second period.

Third Period

Prince George still couldn’t solve McSieve and despite some early chances in the third they continued to allow Detroit to control the pace of the game. Detroit added two goals 1:45 apart in the latter half of the period to put the game away. First Erik Muller with a nice rebound goal
[Image: calgarygoal.0.gif]
And then a flurry of shots towards Dafoe resulted in Zach Evans making an incredible play to stuff a loose puck into the net
[Image: giphy.gif]
Final Score

Prince George Firebirds - 0 @ Detroit Falcons - 6

3 Stars

1 - Nucky Toohoots (DET)
Toohoots had 1G 2A and was dynamite in the faceoff circle which put his team in control for most of the game.

2 - Hans Moleman (DET)
Moleman also chipped in 1G 2A and was in the middle of almost every golden opportunity Detroit had.

3 - Alex Berkis (DET)
The third musketeer on Detroit’s top line not surprisingly put up 1G and 2A. When picking three stars out of this line you can pretty much put them in any order.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Game #117 Montreal Militia (2) vs Detroit Falcons (6)
Game Link

<div align="center">Starting Lineups
Montreal
LW- Nolan Angello C- Zach Zyvleski RW- Marcos Maciel
LD- Ilmari Maatta RD- Viatcheslav Orlov
G- Jeff Kirkstone

Detroit
LW- Hans Moleman C- Nucky Toohoots RW- Alex Berkis
LD- Prince Daniel James RD- Jari Sinikka
G- Sivy McSieve</div>

Detroit has gone 5-0-1 against Montreal this season, so they are the heavy favorites heading into this game. Montreal has only managed to find the back of the net 17 times this season, whereas Detroit has scored 30 times. Led by Hans Moleman, the Falcons are a heavy contender for the Four Star Cup this season, and Montreal looks to be the next victim of their seemingly unstoppable path to victory.

Player Watch
Montreal: With 5 goals and 5 assists in the past 4 games, Nolan Angello is riding the hottest streak of his career into this game. He has been a key contributor in the Militia mid-season turnaround, and if they expect to win tonight, Angello will be the man to get them there.

Detroit: None other than the man himself, Hans Moleman has been the most successful skater in the SMJHL this season. He leads his team in goals and assists, and will be the man again to put Detroit on top in tonight's game.

Period 1
Open ice hit on Ryan Vas leads to a turnover for Detroit, and Zach Evans scores for to make it 1-0 at 1:22
Rebound collected by Detroit from blocked shot, Toohoots scores at 10:07 while shorthanded from the Brodangleschlong hooking penalty at 9:11 to make it 2-0.
A series of turnovers between the teams ends up with Leclerc feeding Berzins the puck. Berzins scores at 16:27to make it 3-0 for Detroit.
Zach Evans takes a hooking penalty at 19:22

Period 2
Zyvleski forces a turnover in the neutral zone, then scores at 0:53 to make it 3-1 on the Powerplay.
Russett deflects the puck into the net at 1:09 to put Montreal closer at 3-2 and cap their goal scoring for the night.
Zjang scores off a two man breakaway with Rising Hippo at 15:21, solidifying Detroit's lead at 4-2.
Stephen Harris comes in to replace Jeff Kirkstone after that last goal.
Ryan Vas takes a Holding penalty at 15:34.
Hippo scores off another rebound created from a blocked shot at 17:20 to make it 5-2 for Detroit on the Powerplay.

Period 3
Vikstrom carries the puck up the ice and feeds Evans his second goal of the night at 17:34. Detroit caps it's scoring at 6-2.

Statistical Breakdown

Shots
Montreal: 4-10-6-20
Detroit: 6-9-7-22
While the shots were mostly even at the end of the game, Montreal had a huge surge in the Second Period with 10 shots and 2 goals. They then appeared to run out of energy going into the Third, however, and ended up putting on only 6 shots. Detroit played more consistently all 60 minutes, which helped them defeat Montreal.

Blocked shots
Montreal 12
Detroit 2
Montreal spent a lot of time clogging up the lane and blocking shots. However this left the team susceptible to more rebounds and put men out of position. The Militia ended up blocking 12 shots, compared to the Falcon's 2. Perhaps Montreal should edit their future game plan to not block as many shots and instead focus on puck possession.

Three Stars
3. Rising Hippo 1-1 +1
This winger put up a great performance tonight to help get his team another win. With a goal and an assist, he matched his linemate Berzins' performance, showing how well these two play together.

2. Zach Evans 2-0 +2
With the opening and closing goal in tonight's game, Evans showcased how consistent and durable he truly is. He can play a full 60 minute game, and remains useful every time he steps out on the ice. He has been one of the most fun players to watch this season with his consistent play.

1. Kaspars Berzins 1-1 +1
With the game winning goal tonight, Berzins gets the nod as the First Star of the game. He's been a quiet force on Detroit's Second line, but he steps up when he needs to to finish off games for his team. His added depth showed tonight in their 6-2 victory over Montreal, showing just how well rounded the Falcons are this season.

<div align="center">Game 115 Link
raiders 4 - 3 Firebirds
[Image: 2efkc9h.png][Image: 2wcqpp3.png]

Halifax Raiders
Issac Kaiser – Jean-Luc Reflieux – Reed Laing
Blake Battle – Greta Iversen
Richard C. Hocolate

Prince George Firebirds
Hylytr NoRetornable - Casper Jakobsson - Sven Wolf
Johnny Pollak - Hunky Monkey
Ace Dafoe

The Rundown
</div>

Period 1

Call the 1st period the Kip O’Callahan show because he dominated it. A natural hat-trick in the first 15 minutes of the game. The first coming at 1:34 set up by Toivo Kosonen and Colin Banning.

Quote: Shnekinsen gains the puck from Pham. He tries moving it back to Pham, Colin banning intercepts the pass and gets it up the ice to Toivo Kosonen. Kosonen to Banning, back to Kosonen, he passes it to O’Callahan, they play catch, back to Kosonen, he looks over the zone, passes back to O’Callahan, he shoots and HE SCORES!

Prince George was able to respond a few minutes later. Toms Shnekinsen scored his 6th goal of the season , assisted by Steven Pham and Frederick Boone. The tie was broken at 10:53 when Kip O’Callahan scored his second of the night, assisted by Matthew Shea and Victor Lindstrom. Kip O’Callahan wasn’t done for the night, however, at 15:23 Kip O’Callahan scored his third, sealing the hat trick.

Quote:Casper Jakobsson gains the puck and carries it out of the zone. Jakobsson tries passing but Blake Battle gets his stick on it. He dumps it off to O’Callahan. O’Callahan already with two goals this period is looking for more. O’Callahan to Battle, Battle back to O’Callahan for the one timer and HE SCORES! Kip O’Callahan with his first career hat trick. And a few hats come out onto the ice.

<div align="center">[Image: 11k829z.jpg]
The few fans of #RaiderNation that made the trip to Prince George toss their hats.
</div>

Period 2

More accomplishments for the Raiders came in the 2nd. Isaac Kaiser notched his first career goal with the assist from Jean-Luc Reflieux. The Halifax bench erupted as Kaiser raised his stick, the Raiders were happy to see Kaiser get his first out of the way. Following Kaiser’s goal, Prince George pulled their goalie:

Quote:That is Kaiser’s first career goal. And it looks like Prince George’s coach is making the call. Ace Dafoe to the bench. RETRIEVE THE WATERS

Ben Waters enters the game 5 minutes into the second period. Blake Fenrir put Halifax in danger, sending them to the penalty kill because of an interference penalty.

Quote:Jakobsson lines up across Reflieux. Jakobsson wins the face-off back to Hunky Monkey. They play tag, pass back to Jakobsson, pass to NoRetornable, he shoots, he scores! The lead is cut to 2.

With the lead cut to 2, Prince George upped the tempo in hopes of pressuring Halifax into making mistakes. Halifax was able to outlast the high energy of Prince George and finish the 2nd period keeping the 4-2 lead.

Period 3

Prince George returned to the ice with the high-tempo energy they closed the 2nd period with. This high tempo energy led to aggressive play that saw Levi Watkins spend 2 minutes in the sinbin for tripping, 21 seconds into the period. The Firebirds were able to kill off the penalty. Prince George went on the powerplay at 9:03 when Richard C. Hocolate sent the puck into the stands and earned a delay of game penalty.

Quote:Hunky Monkey with the puck, he shoots, Hocolate blocks it but it bounces out to the side, Monkey drives in and shoots, Hocolate GLOVES IT DOWN! He had to push off the post and he came up with the miraculous save.

Halifax was able to kill this penalty; however, they were back on the penalty kill a few minutes later. Joey Ryan was caught for interference at 14:19, leading to a powerplay goal by Casper Jakobsson at 15:16.

Quote: Ben Waters gives the puck to Pollak, who passes it to Monkey, Monkey carries it across the blue line and examines the zone. Pass to Jakobsson who shoots and scores! Prince George down only by 1. Casper Jakobsson set up by Monkey and Pollak. The Prince George crowd roars.

Down by only one goal, Prince George put it all on the line to tie up the game in the last five minutes. but the Firebirds came up short. Halifax was able to hold off the rally and finish the third with the 1-goal lead.

raiders 4 - 3 Firebirds

NEWS 95.7FM : The Aftermath
Host Greg Walker gives recaps the game and takes caller’s questions following Halifax Raiders game. He started working with NEWS 95.7 five years ago

Greg Walker: Quite the affair and quite the offense from the Halifax rookies. Tonight we saw Kip O’Callahan score a hat trick, and Issac Kaiser score his first career goal. Firebirds weren’t going down without a fight. Toms Shnekinsen in the fist period, Hylytr NoRetornable in the second, and Casper Jakobsson in the 3rd made this game a one-goal contest. We will take your calls shortly, but first let’s talk about O’Callahan’s incredible game. There are a lot of greats that go their entire career without getting a hat trick. O’Callahan did it in the FIRST PERIOD. An incredible feat, that will certainly bump him up a few spots on most SHL GM’s draft boards. These offense is what Halifax desperately needs from their rookies…. Now we will take phone calls, we have Chip on the line.

Caller 1: Hey Greg, how’s it going? Now, I’ve been a season-ticket holder for the past 4 seasons, and I have never seen a Raider come into a game with the fire and passion that Kip O’Callahan had tonight. I think he showed his full potential, and I think he’s the top prospect in this draft. What do you think?

Greg Walker: Well, top prospect in this draft class is a difficult title to earn. Kip O’Callahan showed he has skill, and that he can put up a lot of points. General managers, however, will want to see his scoring consistently. Now, if O’Callahan could come in and do this every other game, then sure, he’s the top prospect -- but, I think O’Callahan will be a early to middle of the pack draft pick. Thanks for calling Chip, now we move on, Daryl’s on the line.

Caller 2: That was a great showing offensively, but we still gave up three goals. I don’t see this team going far when we’re giving up three goals every night.

Greg Walker: Thanks for the call, and while that’s an honest concern, we still haven’t seen the Raiders’ goalies at their peak. They, like all the players will improve up to the playoffs and enter as more elite players. Tonight, the Raiders accomplished the task at hand, and got a regulation win. Yeah, Dick Cholocate gave up 3 on 26 shots, but the rest of the team kept the score in their favor. A recent article on SMJHL media website has the Halifax defense-core as the highest rated. I believe we have Dan on the line with our last quesiton.

Caller 3:Hey Greg, thanks for taking my call, watching that third period, I’m not sure what was going on. It seemed like Halifax was turtling, they were outshot 15-2. I understand playing safe, and defense is the best offense, but 2 shots in a period where the game is still close is kind of crazy.

Greg Walker:It does look kind of crazy on paper, but it’s not all too uncommon. A lot of teams go into this prevent-defense where they aren’t going for goals but rather trying to run the clock out. This is why PRince George had so many more shots. It almost bit them in the butt though, a one-goal game, they should have been looking for a score themselves to add a little distance.

Three Stars

1st Star
Kip O’Callahan

Was Kip O’Callahan they only player to get the memo that the game started? A natural hat-trick in the 1st period is largely unheard of. The rookie who put on a clinic of offense undoubtedly earned the 1st star tonight. The locker room was more than happy with O’Callahan for taking off the burden of scoring, early on in the game. Halifax's victory can be largely attributed to O'Callahan, and the Raiders certainly owe him a few drinks.

2nd Star
Issac Kaiser

The rookie finally scores his first goal, extending the lead to 4-1. This goal added on to Kip O’Callahan’s destructive first period, and sealed the win the Raiders. Issac Kaiser’s time on the first line with Jean-Luc Reflieux and Reed Laing proved to be a successful gamble. With this goal he proved to the locker room that he can contribute. Raiders were given a shot of energy after seeing the determination of Kaiser to score his first goal.

3rd Star
Casper Jakobsson

Prince George had some great plays in their comeback attempt. Casper Jakobsson was the star of the Firebrids and third star of the game, with 1 goal, 1 assist, and 23 minutes played. Jakobsson cut the lead to 1 late in the third period, electrifying the Firebirds and the entire city. Jakobsson played a big part in the big third period Prince George had and nearly led the Firebirds to overtime.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

<div align="center">Game 96
LINK

COLORADO MAMMOTHS Mammoths VS DETROIT FALCONS Falcons

[Image: Red+Deer+Rebels+v+Calgary+Hitmen+XuoXE_3Dliol.jpg]

Blake Laflamme back here with the Turning Point! This was a key match between the struggling Mammoths and the soaring Falcons, both teams trying to gain as many points as they can before the playoffs commence. This was a tough match to watch if you're a Rudnikova fan, a fan favorite in Colorado but she was unable to handle the pressure put on by Alex Berkis. And that very same player will contribute to our turning point in the second period! The Falcons turned on the jets and powered through the rookie goaltender with three unanswered goals that would have her pulled from the game. Sure, Detroit were unable to score on Allison afterwards, but it has been a 2-1 lead for Colorado before the second period and the ruthless onslaught led by Berkis left the bottom-feeding team of the West stunned. The Mammoths had an abysmal 1 for 5 power play and were still out shot by the Falcons' offense. Colorado has struggled to put together a consistent attacking force and have paid for it throughout the season. Only time can tell if they will correct their ways, perhaps a trade could shake up the team for a kick in the pants. Great mentality by Detroit this game, showing fortitude by clawing back into the game and taking a convincing lead.

Interview with Ekaterina Rudnikova

[Image: rebels_hitmen_game_2_playoffs_0013_03261...630&crop=1]

Quote:[b]
1) You were pulled this game after a sup bar performance, is there any particular issue you can point to as why you did so bad?

I just think I wasn't on my game. I was performing well in the first period, but I let our lead slip right past me. It's disappointing for sure, and I think I have a lot to work on. I felt a little slow across the crease, but I think it's nothing a little practice can't help.

2) Have you been surprised by Colorado's lack of ability to generate offense this season? Even their special teams have been lacking, should the coach shake things up?

A little bit, yeah. It's disappointing getting out shot every game, I'm not gonna lie. But I know my teammates are giving it their all in every game, and I can't find any fault with them. I think a few line changes wouldn't hurt, since we have a lot of new blood and hopefully chemistry will come.

3) Have you enjoyed your time being apart of the Colorado Mammoths? Has the management treated you well?

I've loved my time as a Mammoth. Management has been fantastic and super helpful, and all of my fellow rookies have been great. We're definitely a quiet locker room, but I think our team spirit is definitely there.

4) Are you looking forward to the playoffs or are eyes already on next season?

Playoffs, for sure. I'm not ready to give up on this season yet. We've had a rough record lately, but I believe in this team and I know we can get it done.
[/b]

MVP
[Image: 1297534094812_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x]
Alex Berkis
It could have potentially been McSieve given his performance but Berkis was one step ahead of everyone on the ice this day. An outstanding show put on by the first line winger od Detroit, mustering 4 shots on net and potting 2 goals! He was a complete hound on the puck and gave his teammates ample opportunity to find the net! There wasn't much in opportunity this game but he made the best out of a bad situation, chasing Ekaterina Rudnikova out of the net. Offensively gifted and with a knack for scoring, Berkis has always been a welcomed addition to the Falcon's line up. Colorado simply couldn't contain him as the winger ran the Mammoths tired and stretched their defense thin. That is my particular reason on selecting Alex as the MVP for today's match, I definitely hope to see him develop a well-rounded game-- Or he could continue lighting teams up like he did Colorado.
</div>

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Boomcheck@Aug 22 2016, 01:05 AM
<div align="center">[b]Game 96
LINK

COLORADO MAMMOTHS Mammoths&nbsp; VS DETROIT FALCONS Falcons

[Image: Red+Deer+Rebels+v+Calgary+Hitmen+XuoXE_3Dliol.jpg]

Blake Laflamme back here with the Turning Point! This was a key match between the struggling Mammoths and the soaring Falcons, both teams trying to gain as many points as they can before the playoffs commence. This was a tough match to watch if you're a Rudnikova fan, a fan favorite in Colorado but she was unable to handle the pressure put on by Alex Berkis. And that very same player will contribute to our turning point in the second period! The Falcons turned on the jets and powered through the rookie goaltender with three unanswered goals that would have her pulled from the game. Sure, Detroit were unable to score on Allison afterwards, but it has been a 2-1 lead for Colorado before the second period and the ruthless onslaught led by Berkis left the bottom-feeding team of the West stunned. The Mammoths had an abysmal 1 for 5 power play and were still out shot by the Falcons' offense. Colorado has struggled to put together a consistent attacking force and have paid for it throughout the season. Only time can tell if they will correct their ways, perhaps a trade could shake up the team for a kick in the pants. Great mentality by Detroit this game, showing fortitude by clawing back into the game and taking a convincing lead.

Interview with Ekaterina Rudnikova

[Image: rebels_hitmen_game_2_playoffs_0013_03261...630&crop=1]

MVP
[Image: 1297534094812_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x]
Alex Berkis
It could have potentially been McSieve given his performance but Berkis was one step ahead of everyone on the ice this day. An outstanding show put on by the first line winger od Detroit, mustering 4 shots on net and potting 2 goals! He was a complete hound on the puck and gave his teammates ample opportunity to find the net! There wasn't much in opportunity this game but he made the best out of a bad situation, chasing Ekaterina Rudnikova out of the net. Offensively gifted and with a knack for scoring, Berkis has always been a welcomed addition to the Falcon's line up. Colorado simply couldn't contain him as the winger ran the Mammoths tired and stretched their defense thin. That is my particular reason on selecting Alex as the MVP for today's match, I definitely hope to see him develop a well-rounded game-- Or he could continue lighting teams up like he did Colorado.
</div>[/b]
Boom u suk. No I'm not sitting here at 2 AM bored out of my mind what the fuck are you saying

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

<div align="center">GAME 177 - DETROIT FALCONS AT PRINCE GEORGE FIREBIRDS</div>

<div align="center">Falcons 3-1 Firebirds</div>

Game Link

Two nights after a 33-save effort from Prince George goaltender Ben Waters earned the Firebirds a 2-1 victory against Detroit, the two teams met again during the stretch run to end the regular season. This time, the Falcons were victorious, beating the Firebirds 3-2.

First Period

The home Firebirds struck first, converting a costly turnover into a power play goal near the end of the first period.

Quote:... Falcons trying to put together something on the penalty kill after the faceoff win, over to Moleman, Moleman passes to - NO! Intercepted by Kottbulle! Kottbulle, up to Hertzberg, he skates in on McSieve AND SCORES! Karl Hertzberg! His 14th goal of the season, and it puts Prince George ahead 1-0 with 1:36 remaining in the first period!

Second Period

A testy moment came early in the second period, as Prince George netminder Ben Waters raised the Falcons’ ire - and earned a minor penalty in the process.

Quote:Neutral zone faceoff, Zjang takes it. Zjang, to Moleman, back to Zjang as they pass along the blue line. Now Moleman will crash towards the net as Zja - OH! - Waters takes a shot at Moleman as he skates by the crease! Referee’s arm is up, that will be a slashing penalty! Zjang shoots, Waters covers for the whistle, but his team is about to go down a man after he slashed Hans Moleman! Waters is now having a nice chat with Alec Derin and Chadathy Brodangleschlong, it appears cooler heads will prevail, though. Levi Watkins will take the trip to the box on Waters’ behalf. And, you know, this may sound strange, but he kinda bears a resemblance to Quinn Steve- *mic cuts out*

Detroit failed to capitalize on that power play, but would tie the game later in the second period. Kaspars Berzins scored near the halfway mark of the match, and fortunately the broadcast crew’s technical difficulties were resolved just in time for the call.

Quote:“I WAS SIMPLY MAKING AN OBSERVATION! Oh, we’re live? Well, welcome back to Prince George, where the Firebirds lead 1-0, we apologize for the technical difficulties *coughs* as Konstantinov wins this offensive zone faceoff for Detroit, he flings it to Hippo, now to KASPARS BERZINS AND HE SCORES! The faceoff win leads to the goal for Berzins! Prince George 1, Detroit 1!”

Third Period

Detroit took its first lead less than four minutes into the final period, as the third line hooked up for the go-ahead goal.

Quote:“Savage with the puck, he looks to send it along the boards, turnover, Vikstrom with it, two-on-one! Vikstrom! Evans! Back to Vikstrom! HE SCORES! Henrik Vikstrom scores his eighth goal since joining Detroit, and it puts the Falcons ahead 2-1!”

Two minutes later, Detroit would double its lead, as Alex Berkis pushed the Falcons to a 3-1 advantage.

Quote:“Pass to Moleman, he gets pinned along the boards by Obrana, they scrap for it ... Moleman kicks it free to Berkis, Berkis carries it into the zone, a deke AND A GOAL! 3-1 DETROIT! How the tide has turned here in Prince George! Three unanswered goals for the Falcons!”

Three Stars

Third Star - Kaspars Berzins, Detroit: Picking up his 13th goal of the season, Berzins’ equalizer put the Detroit Falcons on track towards the victory.

Second Star - Henrik Vikstrom, Detroit: Vikstrom’s steal led to his game-winning goal, turning defense into offense and a win.

First Star - Sivy McSieve, Detroit: McSieve picked up his 20th win of the season, stopping 17 of Prince George’s 18 shots in the victory.

Notebook

52-Card Pickup: Alex Berkis’ goal marked the 52nd of his three-season SMJHL career. Tonight’s goal gives him 21 on the season, matching his total in S29. Berkis also tallied 10 goals as a rookie for Detroit in S28 (Berkis played one game for Vancouver that season, but did not score).

Birdwatch: Detroit’s victory helped distance the team from St. Louis as the two teams battle for the first seed in the East Division for the postseason. At least one Scarecrow made it clear he was watching the game. Joe Kurczewski remarked on social media, “Ben Waters with a pretty undisciplined slashing call. He shows fire though. I like it.” No word on Kurczewski’s reaction to the final scoreline.

Why You’re Actually Here: Because I’m fully aware of current events, I saved what you really want to know for last instead of giving you an excuse to close this tab early. Levi Watkins was pointless with an even plus/minus, tallying five hits and earning a cross checking penalty. Ironic, since a different kind of cross checking was part of his undoing and stuff.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

<div align="center">Game 181
LINK

Prince George Firebirds
Firebirds vs. Kelowna Knights Knights

1 - 4

[Image: 1297368229725_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x]

BL: I am coming back with the Turning Point Series yet again, though these two points correlate well with each other and show just how ridiculously bad the Firebirds were this game. No idea on where to begin but ... Uninspired hockey is what I saw from the Prince George squad as it looked as if they barely put any effort, leaving their team MVP in Ben Waters out to dry. Prince George's special teams were absolutely horrendous this match, going zero for five on the power play! This is just unacceptable to be running such a pathetic special units team. Not only that, they conceded four goals and mustered ELEVEN shots! Eleven to Thirty Two was the shot count and this team should be ashamed of their efforts. They were dominated left and right by the Kelowna offense, unable to mount a proper attack. I believe they will need to go back to the drawing board and hopefully this all solves itself before the playoffs begin. Not going to lie, I played my junior days in Boston but i'm a big fan of this organization so they need to kick it into gear. Levi Watkins' alleged locker room issues seem to be causing problems, the young rookie noticeably upset in the second period where Kelowna scored ALL four of their goals. This is too painful, I can't go on!

[Image: 9350699.jpg?size=640x420]

Interview with Ben Waters of Prince George!
Quote:[b]
1) The Knights completely dominated the Prince George Firebirds, taking more than double the shots the Firebirds took. How do you feel about that?

"Well you know bob, iz no vury gud. We did not play vury wal tewdey. it was only 5/10 performance and I play no vry well unfortunate im vry sed but its k bob cause u kno we win next game u kno vry prowd."

2) Prince George had FIVE power play opportunities and couldn't convert a single one, is there any root cause for such an issue?

"Look, the fact is, we had 11 shots despite having 5 powerplays. That's absolutely fucking shit. I know CJ is gone and Watkins turned out to be a multi, but this is inexcusable for a team that won 2 games later this week. Fucking inexcusable."

3) People have been debating Kyle vs. Ben for quite some time now, which goaltender do you believe will be selected first in the upcoming draft?

"As much as I want to say me, it has to be Kyle. He's a really strong prospect, and always has been. It's pretty sad that I have to resign to probably being picked either 4th or 5th among goalies, but it seems like no matter how well I do or active I am, that isn't going to change."

4) Levi Watkins was the only -2 on your team, thoughts?
"weyl u kno bawb, levo whykinz is naht vry gud bawb. He was supposed to be prtty gewd but he was not vry gewd and he was supposed to be gewd nixt yeer but turns out he hez attitewd prahblehmz. Not vry gewd if I say so myself bawb."

5) With the season winding down, can you see the Firebirds making the conference finals? They are slated to face the Vancouver Whalers.
"The Vancouver series could go either way. It really could. Both me and whoever they put in for playoffs has a shot at stealing games, and I know my team can play well out there, and this isn't representative of their ability when they're on their A game. Tonight was an anomaly. (Yes, they only took 11 shots in a 3 1 loss to Detroit too but disregard that)"[/b]

MVP
[Image: 1297645898951_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x]
Dieter Dominique
2 Goals 4 Shots

I have selected Dieter before but I felt there was no better option than this machine of a forward, soaking up the toughest minutes on the team while still producing. He hasn't scored as much as fellow centers Sirmais and Bent, but his stellar two-way play and determination is admirable. He was a lethal weapon on the ice at every turn, generating four shot attempts while converting on half of them. The Kelowna Captain is seldom talked about this season, but he has been a dominant figure in the Knights locker room and has lead them to one of their better seasons yet. Not a single Knights forward logged more minutes than Dominique, who may not be the most physical but has been able to dictate plays and distract the opposing offense with his dazzling puck skills. He out muscles and outperformed the Prince George skaters, earning him the MVP of this particular match. With lofty expectations this upcoming post-season, Dieter is sure to match them.

</div>

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

<div align="center">[Image: 2wcqpp3.png][Image: 9aoajl.png]</div>

<span style='font-family:Impact'><div align="center">Game 173. Prince George Firebirds @ Detroit Falcons</div></span>

This time of season always throws up some very exciting match ups, and this occasion was no different. Both teams were looking for some momentum coming into the playoffs, and neither team was willing to give an inch.

1st Period.

TSN Turning Point. Fight. Hans Moleman vs. Levi Watkins.
A turning point normally comes a decent way into the match when both teams have found their feet. This turning point however, came after only 3 minutes. The fight was eventually won by Watkins, but not after Moleman had his fair share. This encounter turned the game from a technical hockey matchup to a rough, gruelling encounter where neither side were willing to take a backwards step.

Prince George Firebirds. Goal. Frederick Boone (Hylytyr NoRetornable, Sven Wolf) 13:46
Prince George were applying a lot of pressure onto the Detroit defence although they were struggling to get shots away. Frederick Boone was able to finally hit the back of the net. A deserving goal to a team which was forcing Detroit to endure long stints of countless Firebirds attack.

Detroit Falcons. Goal. Rising Hippo (Wiljian Zjang, Kaspars Berzins) at 17:06
The onslaught of the Firebirds attack started to lose its sting and Detroit jumped at the opportunity to put their mark on the scoreboard. During a Power Play brought on by an interference minor to Tyrone Savage, the Prince George tender was peppered, puck after puck with perfectly placed precision. After the first few were denied, it was Rising Hippo who managed to slot one past the tender.

Both teams left for the sheds optimistic about the next period, both having netted one goal each in what was shaping up to be a tough match for all.

2nd Period.

Prince George Firebirds. Goal. Sven Wolf 11 (Hylytyr NoRetornable, Barak Obrana) 6:12
After a grinding start to the second period, it was Sven Wolf who put his team in front with a stunning individual display which saw him recover the puck after team mate Hylytyr NoRetornable was on the receiving end of a Detroit shoulder, have a shot blocked, retrieve the puck after his initial shot and launch it straight back into the goal. A deserving reward for Sven, who already assisted on the first goal, and hadn't taken his foot off the pedal since.

After taking the lead early in the second period, Prince George had begun playing a more defensive minded style of play, allowing Detroit to play attacking hockey which was exciting the home crowd.

3rd Period.

Fight. Luke Atmey vs. Levi Watkins
As the earlier fight from the night was beginning to rest in the back of everyone's mind, Levi Watkins, who was involved in the earlier fight, took it upon himself to remind people of his earlier escapades. A borderline hit by Watkins on Detroit captain Hans Moleman wasn't very well received by the Detroit fans. Before the Detroit captain hit the ground, debutant, Luke Atmey had dropped his gloves and started racing toward Watkins. The crowd roared as Atmey squared off with Watkins. Both parties were more than willing to throw down and after some blows that could have been felt in the nosebleed section the refs decided they had seen enough. I think it's safe to say Luke Atmey won't be paying for a beer in Detroit any time soon!

<div align="center">Final Score. Prince George Firebirds 2 - Detroit Falcons 1</div>

3 Stars

1 - Ben Waters (PGF)
Any goaltender who can restrict Detroit to one goal is more than deserving of a star. A very solid display tonight. Waters saved 33 of 34 shots. (0.971)

2 - Sven Wolf (PGF)
1 Goal. 1 Assist. 2 Points. +1. Wolf was everywhere tonight and always looked composed on the puck. Sven delivered the big plays when his team needed them, and was only narrowly edged out of top spot tonight by Ben Waters

3 - Hylytyr NoRetornable (PGF)
2 Assists. 2 Points. +1. Hylytyr's energy tonight was unmatched. He made the most of every opportunity he was presented and was rewarded with two assists.

Power Play
Prince George Firebirds - 1 on 5 Attempt(s) - 20.00%
Detroit Falcons - 1 on 4 Attempt(s) - 25.00%

Penalty Kill
Prince George Firebirds - 3 on 4 Attempt(s) - 75.00% - Score 0 goal in Penalty Kill
Detroit Falcons - 4 on 5 Attempt(s) - 80.00% - Score 0 goal in Penalty Kill

Team Stat
Prince George Firebirds - Hits : 13 - Faceoff Wins : 46 - Blocked Shots : 6 - Penalty Minutes : 18
Detroit Falcons - Hits : 12 - Faceoff Wins : 34 - Blocked Shots : 7 - Penalty Minutes : 22

Stat Of The Game
Shots:
Prince George Firebirds - 16
Detroit Falcons - 34
"Quality over Quantity"

Game Link

<div align="center">3 [Image: sBvj8WN.png?1]@ [Image: fpcW4Mk.png?2]1 </div>
<b><div align="center">Game 88 mein favorite </div></b>

<div align="center">Period 1</div>
The game opened with a face off win from Toronto prospect Eugene Feist who went 9/17 throughout the night on the dot. Though he has been one of the most consistent scoring forwards for the Scarecrows this season-Feist who's the league leader in face off % with a 57.82% win rate was held off the scoresheet recording a +1 through 15:39 played.

At 3:33 in the first rookie Joe Kurczewski took a shot on goal that went out of play, and was penalized for delaying the game!
[Image: win6WwG.png]
It was a ridiculous call, everyone knew it.
Kurczewski couldn't comprehend what the fuck just happened. He shouted obscenities at the officials calling them high ass mother fuckers and stoned fucking idiots for calling a delay of game when the shot was taken from inside the Mammoths defensive zone.

Rookie defenseman for the Scarecrows Geoff Reine turned the puck over in front of his net to Colorado Mammoths forward Steven Stamkos Jr. - after he receive a pass from his goaltender Kasper Haapanen. At 12:34 Reine took a hooking penalty on Maverick O'Dooley to alleviate the threat after a beautiful pass from Stamkos Jr. left O'Dooley with a wide open net.

The Scarecrows killed both penalties but could not escape the first period unscathed. They were beat at even strength with 54 seconds remaining in the first period. Ben Dover scored on the seventh uncontested shot in a row by the Mammoths. Six times Colorado missed the net, and retrieved the puck to take a shot without making a pass. The Scarecrows failed to get a stick on the puck once during the attacking sequence that lasted nearly an entire minute.

<div align="center">Period 2</div>

The second period began with Jason Visser (8/12 FO winsl) beating Steven Stamkos Jr. on the draw. Stamkos Jr. a Buffalo prospect with incredible TPE numbers was silent for the Mammoths taking a -1 on the night winning only 5/14 face offs.

The Scarecrows opened up the scoring in the second on a neutral zone turn over from the Mammoths defense. Rheagar Targaryen intercepted a stretch pass and shuffled the puck along to Danny Foster who entered the zone with Casper Ek on his tail. Foster hit Ek with a fatty saucer that Casper ghosted into the back of the net behind Mammoth goaltender Ekaterina Rudnikova.

That wasn't it for the Crows in the second. Taro Eichelele tripped DarryL Landry to put the Scarecrows on the power play. The legendary captain of the Scarecrows who's put up 50 fucking points added a goal to his record on the PP at 12:40. It was a clean shot off a face off win from Willy Mack <3 bon voyage Willy <3. Kelly Rivet's blast from the point put the Crows up 2-1 with 8 to go in the second.

<div align="center">Period 3</div>
Stamkos Jr. Won the opening faceoff against Ronnie Westbrook the 92nd overall pick in the S30 draft. Westbrook has slowly but surely been gaining TPE and is has been huge addition to the Scarecrows locker room coming out of the twelfth round. He's progressed farther in defense than any other forward on the team, and he's contributed offensively!

At 0:35 Westbrook found the back of the net with a helper from none other than the mouthbrow king himself Kelly Rivet, and Danny 'Bananas' Foster.

The Mammoths spent the third period chasing fruitlessly for twenty minuets. They played hard and killed off 4/4 penalties. But spending almost half the period on the PK made it impossible for the Mammoths the lowest scoring team in the league to come back.

<div align="center">Three Stars</div>
1. Kelly Rivet
With two points (1g 1a) Rivet continued with another strong performance during his monumental season. The Portland prospect has put up just over a point per game from the blue line this season improving drastically from his three goals and eight assists in season twenty nine.

2. Danny Foster
Add two more assist to this guy's marks he has been putting up A's like nobody's business these past two seasons, and he added two more to his SMJHL total of 42 over just under 100 games. Foster is a Texas prospect that could see SHL time very soon!

3.Kasper Haapanen

The (funniest) story of game eighty eight was St. Louis Scarecrow goalie Kasper Haapanen. This 155 TPE goaltender hasn't been seen since three days after he joined the league. Haapanen was clean through the final forty minuets of play- he held Colorado to only one goal on twenty-four shots! Ooohwheee!

<div align="center">Team Stats</div>
SOG:
St. Louis: 24
Colorado: 22

Power Play:
St. Louis 1/5
Colorado 0/3

Hits:
St. Louis 13
Colorado: 11

Face off wins:
St. Louis: 36
Colorado: 32

Blocked Shots:

St. Louis: 5
Colorado: 3

St. Louis led in every god damn stat. And Kelly Rivets beautiful stache carried the team to victory.

||| Honorable Mention to Mammoths center Evgeny Yakikov for going +1 and winning 7/10 face offs |||

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

<div align="center">Montreal Militia @ Vancouver Whalers

Final Score
Militia 3-4 Whalers
Game Link

Starting Lineups

Montreal Militia

Nolan Angello - Filip Granlund - Wesley Wells
Ilmari Maatta - Viatcheslav Orlov
Stephen Harris

Vancouver Whalers

Conklin Owen - Jon Ross - Dom Monarch
Theodore Graham - Brynjar Tusk
Maximilian Wehner

Game Recap

In a closely fought contest in Game 167, the Vancouver Whalers were able to just edge out the Montreal Militia with a 4-3 win. The teams were well matched throughout, with the Whalers just getting that one extra break. Let's take a look at the game period by period.

Period 1

The game opened with a quick penalty, as Ieuan Llewellyn took a trademark penalty to give the Militia an early power play chance. Travis Jeziak managed the only shot on target though, and Wehner was equal to it as the Whalers successfully killed the penalty. The rest of the opening minutes were rather uneventful, with neither team able to get a grip of the game.

The first goal of the game came after 7:31, with Adam Kaiser giving the Whalers the lead with his 4th of the season. The lead didn't last long though, as Zach Zyvleski tied the game up less than a minute later. The third goal of the game put Vancouver in front once again, this time Jon Ross scoring from a Conklin Owen feed at 11:25 to make it 2-1.

Jason Forbrook went to the box for slashing with 5 minutes to go in the period. The Whalers were dominant in the rest of the period, but were unable to put the puck beyond Harris on the power play or at even strength. Despite out-shooting the Militia 12-5 in the period, the Whalers led only 2-1 going in to the second.

Period 2

It didn't take long for the Militia to tie the game, with Ilmari Maatta scoring on the power play 2:36 in to the period after Ieuan Llewellyn took his second penalty of the game. The Militia had another power play opportunity 24 seconds later, but Wehner and the Whalers were able to kill it to keep the score level.

The second was a much different story than the first, as the Militia controlled the tempo throughout. They had multiple opportunities to take the lead in the middle of the period, but Wehner was able to deny Ryan Vas once and Nolan Angello three times as Montreal probed for an opening. A Brennan Kennedy penalty gave Vancouver some much needed respite, but they were unable to even test Harris during the 2 minutes.

Montreal's pressure continued, with their best chance to take the lead occurring only 8 seconds beore the buzzer. Kristofer Hallfredsson found Johnny Watson with a nice pass, but his one-timer was gloved by Wehner, leaving the score tied at 2-2 as the second period came to a close.

Period 3

With the Militia on the ascendancy throughout the second, Adam Kaiser's double minor for slashing, his second penalty of the game, gave them an opportunity to continue that in to the third. Wehner was able to save the only shot the Militia registered though, and Zach Zyvleski's drive as Kaiser exited the box ricocheted off the post, much to the relief of the home crowd.

Viktor Nerokov was called for high sticking 6:07 in to the period, but the Whalers were unable to score on the power play. It was only a minute or so after Nerokov's penalty expired that the Militia took the lead for the first time. Viatcheslav Orlov intercepted Frankie Latta's pass, then quickly moved it to Ilmari Maatta, who found Brennan Kennedy in front of the net for his 4th goal of the season.

The Militia lead lasted just over a minute though, as Ace Redding equalised with his 12th goal of the season. The momentum swung with this, and it was only 45 seconds later that Ieuan Llewellyn put the Whalers 4-3 ahead.

The Militia looked to get back in to the game, but Hallfredsson's penalty at 14:24 put them on the back foot for two minutes. They were able to kill the penalty successfully though, and with under a minute to play, the Militia pulled Harris for an extra skater. Wehner saved and held from Granlund, and the Militia won the resulting face off. Ilmari Maatta was able to fire on goal, but Wehner knocked it away, and the Whalers were able to hold on for a 4-3 win.

Game in Pictures

[Image: Hockey-Goal-Scoring-300x247.jpg]
Adam Kaiser about to give the Whalers the lead

[Image: Brandon-Sutter-e1396845215860-770x470.jpg]
Ieuan Llewellyn holds Nolan Angello

[Image: 138623855_10_slide.jpg]
The Militia celebrate Brennan Kennedy's goal

[Image: GretzKings7.jpeg]
Ieuan Llewellyn scores the game winner

Turning Point

The turning point of the game came 11:08 in to the third period, when Ace Redding scored for the Whalers to make it 3-3. The Militia had been the dominant team for a period and a half, and had finally taken the lead just over a minute before. Redding's goal was against the run of play and took the wind out of the Militia's sails, as well as energising the home crowd. The Whalers were able to use the momentum swing to go on to get the winner less than a minute later, and ultimately hold out for the victory.

Three Stars

3rd Star - Ace Redding Whalers
1G, +1, 3S, 3H, 19:54 minutes

Redding picked up the Whaler's third goal to tie the game, as well as contributing 3 big hits in his 20 minutes on the ice, on his his way to the third star.

2nd Star - Conklin Owen Whalers
2A, +2, 2S, 2H, 18:42 minutes

Conklin Owen took a break from his usual sniping to turn provider on the night, picking up two assists, good for the second star.

1st Star - Jon Ross Whalers
1G, 1A, +2, 5S, 1H, 22:51 minutes

Jon Ross completed the three stars, coming in at first star ahead of his two linemates. His goal and assist were vital to the Whalers, and he was a +2 on the night, proving his overall value to the team.

</div>