Create Account

Feedback Box

Smjhl'rs should be included in weekend Funtime somehow.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

In PT#6 i guess. It can be also send-down or only rookies?

Sorry, wrong topic and wrong section. Ignore this

Why is gear so damn hard to find in this league? I check progression and the bank and don't see it in either place.

Deducting TPE because I didn't specify what archetype of forward I would recreate as backs up what I've always thought about the overly petty and restrictive nature of PTs on this site. I spent 150 words talking about the brief in a more relevant way than if I'd just said "name, position, country, archetype" but because I missed one minuscule point in the brief I get tpe deducted? These are meant to be enjoyable and there should be more freedom with how you want to address a task, PT staff has totally missed the mark this season with nearly 40 games gone before the first TPE from a PT has been handed out and then the petty nature of the marking rounds it off perfectly.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Jun 2 2018, 05:45 AM
Deducting TPE because I didn't specify what archetype of forward I would recreate as backs up what I've always thought about the overly petty and restrictive nature of PTs on this site. I spent 150 words talking about the brief in a more relevant way than if I'd just said "name, position, country, archetype" but because I missed one minuscule point in the brief I get tpe deducted? These are meant to be enjoyable and there should be more freedom with how you want to address a task, PT staff has totally missed the mark this season with nearly 40 games gone before the first TPE from a PT has been handed out and then the petty nature of the marking rounds it off perfectly.

100% this, I just recreated so of course, I have no idea what my next player will be. I sank two years of my real time into my first player and if you think that I can see the future I can assure that is not one of my talents.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dankoa@Jun 2 2018, 07:45 AM

To be completely honest I super agree.

I'm a noob the thought of recreating never crossed my mind and I thought my write up was fine.

Is what it is though I guess

[Image: cashsavage.gif]

I would love to see a piece of media posted after each weekend PT with the 5 people’s posts that were deemed most creative. Just so I can feel inspired

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Going to post this here even though it seems like a pretty dead thread.

I just want to say,that so far this season I think all four PT tasks have been ready good ideas and I think mostly lead to fun responses .

However, I feel strongly that they have almost all avoided the reason we are here, which is the fake hockey season happening.

I would be having a lot more fun with them if there had been 1 in-game style PT so far this season to break up the out of game roleplaying that they have been encouraging. 

Pretty sure there will be disagreement with this from some people, but I guess I am not promoting one approach over another, really just looking for both/many. Finding one approach to be a little stale .

Regardless of the quibble above, thanks for doing a great job PT team!

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

03-18-2019, 07:31 AMTomasnz Wrote:

I just want to say,that so far this season I think all four PT tasks have been ready good ideas and I think mostly lead to fun responses .

However, I feel strongly that they have almost all avoided the reason we are here, which is the fake hockey season happening.

I would be having a lot more fun with them if there had been 1 in-game style PT so far this season to break up the out of game roleplaying that they have been encouraging. 

Pretty sure there will be disagreement with this from some people, but I guess I am not promoting one approach over another, really just looking for both/many. Finding one approach to be a little stale .

I agree, maybe keep the PTs as is with the roleplaying/character building and then go for more sim-related discussion for the Weekend Funtimes as they allow for more discussion.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

A good compromise would be an option to discuss one specific thing about the SHL (or SMJHL) season, which would be up to the PT director to determine. Maybe one week asks for people to discuss the deadline, and another week asks for people to discuss a certain team falling or rising in the standings.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 01:16 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-18-2019, 12:25 PMArGarBarGar Wrote:

A good compromise would be an option to discuss one specific thing about the SHL (or SMJHL) season, which would be up to the PT director to determine. Maybe one week asks for people to discuss the deadline, and another week asks for people to discuss a certain team falling or rising in the standings.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, its my job to listen to each member group and try to find a way to give everyone alittle of what they want. so im going to address your queries here below.

I consider myself a stat guy and a league historian so i very much enjoy in season SIM related tasks. unfortunatley not everyone does and in the few times that i have thrown them out there they werent receieved well... for the WFT you saw allot of members copying and pasting other peoples posts and most doing the minimum requirements to earn the TPE. for the PT i receieved mixed feedback on it. I think part of the reason why stems from the recycling of the same SIM related topics.. with a high recreate base and only so many SIM related topics to discuss.. weve ansered the same questions multiple times in tasks and people just dont enjoy redundant topicss.. even if the responses are differant due to it being a new year.

In this role you start to figure out what percentages of people like what.. Character, Community and Historical related posts are typicaly well receieved if the topics are good.. that said if you veer towards any 1 to long you get pushback.. so i try and mix them up. below is this season point tasks..

S46 PT #4 - Discord Commissioner (community)
S46 PT #3 - The Red Carpet (charcter)
S46 PT #2 - SHL Cribs (character)
S46 PT #1 - SHL! True Hollywood Story (historical)

**But i have thought about how to add SIM/Seasonal/statistical based point taks which engage people and i think its in the packaging of the point task.. moving forward im going to add a statistical/SIM related PT each season packaged differantly then they have been added in the past and see how they are recieved. if they get good feedback ill continue to add more. As for SIM related WFT's.. i dont think they will work well under the 25 word 1 reply minimum requirement..

i hope this gives you all a better idea of what goes into the tasks and if you have any ideas or topics that you feel are worth exploring.. shoot me over a PM or direct message me on discord.. lets discuss.

@Tomasnz
@ArGarBarGar
@Baelor Swift

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

03-18-2019, 01:11 PMMike Izzy Wrote: As for SIM related WFT's.. i dont think they will work under a 25 word 1 reply minimum requirement.. **But i have thought about how to add statistical based point taks which engage people and i think its in the packaging of the point task.. moving forward im going to add a statistical/SIM related PT each season packaged differantly then they have been added in the past and see how they are recieved. if they get good feedback ill continue to add more.

i hope this gives you all a better idea of what goes into the tasks and if you have any ideas or topics that you feel are worth exploring.. shoot me over a PM or direct message me on discord.. lets discuss.

I seem to remember them working quite well when I was a PT Grader, actually. There was a lot of engagement and it allowed for people to make of it what they like. Of course, many wrote something very brief but many also engaged in discussion and there was some fierce competition for discussion leaders lol. It was really interesting to read as a grader and also enjoyable to participate in while doing the PT. Maybe check out some of them from a few seasons back for some inspiration/idea of how it worked out.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 02:52 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-18-2019, 01:15 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
03-18-2019, 01:11 PMMike Izzy Wrote: As for SIM related WFT's.. i dont think they will work under a 25 word 1 reply minimum requirement.. **But i have thought about how to add statistical based point taks which engage people and i think its in the packaging of the point task.. moving forward im going to add a statistical/SIM related PT each season packaged differantly then they have been added in the past and see how they are recieved. if they get good feedback ill continue to add more.

I seem to remember them working quite well when I was a PT Grader, actually. There was a lot of engagement and it allowed for people to make of it what they like. Of course, many wrote something very brief but many also engaged in discussion and there was some fierce competition for discussion leaders lol. It was really interesting to read as a grader and also enjoyable to participate in while doing the PT. Maybe check out some of them from a few seasons back for some inspiration/idea of how it worked out.

yeah i remember in the mid to latter 30's there was some strong WFT discussions but it slowed significantly as the that influx of the S35-39 classes got older. Perhaps with some of these new draft classes there can be an oppertunity there.. but its not an easy task to get a community to engage in discussion (especialy in the way argar would enjoy) when the min requirements are 25 words and a reply. those discussions have to come organically.. also, i think there are other areas of the site that can do a better job in promoting SIM/in season discussions. (SHL Media)

But im going to work towards adding more SIM related topics and your feedback helps me so thank you.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 02:20 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

actualy im going to change this weeks WFT to a season/Sim related PT. lets give it a try.

@Tomasnz
@ArGarBarGar
@Baelor Swift

send me a private PM of specific topics you think would be enjoyable for the league and ill use that to create this weekends PT.

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

03-18-2019, 02:18 PMMike Izzy Wrote: actualy im going to change this weeks WFT to a season/Sim related PT. lets give it a try.

@Tomasnz
@ArGarBarGar
@Baelor Swift

this new annual PT was in large part created to add more SHL discussional content each season, so thank you..  Cheers

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.p...pid2597775

Knights|Dragons|Austria