Create Account

Feedback Box

Just grade them each weekend so people can get those provided for that week's update if they are so inclined. Not true on the fly but also not only one time, either.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Aug 15 2016, 08:34 AM

That still doesn't guarantee anything. Lol...

Look at my suggestion for a single day where PT's need to be graded by early enough so that people can claim them early enough before the next update. How does that not fit the need for what you want?
Frankly they have just been lazy with it. Back when we used to run with 3 people on PT staff and on the fly grading used to get done actually on the fly. This isn't even true on the fly grading and people are shutting it down

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

True on the fly grading is amazing.

stop being lazy asses

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Aug 15 2016, 10:41 AM
No more on the fly then. PTs close on Monday, claim list by Wednesday. End of story.
Set and stone deadlines would fix this issue. Good suggestion GOB

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Aug 15 2016, 09:34 AM

That still doesn't guarantee anything. Lol...

Look at my suggestion for a single day where PT's need to be graded by early enough so that people can claim them early enough before the next update. How does that not fit the need for what you want?

It should guarantee something, though. Hire one or two more people and you have people reading at most 750 words a day. That's probably 10% of what they read each day they visit the site (read: every day, thanks to Sunday Funday).

On the fly grading should be doable.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

I work 50 hour weeks and am also in the middle of my masters thesis, but I'm glad to know that it's secretly laziness that has prevented on the fly grading from being a success.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like on the fly grading at all. It's not feasible with my current life, or Allegiant's which leaves akamai grading almost everything by herself. My plan was to see out the season with on the fly and then revert to normal grading next season.

Hiring new assistants isn't as easy as just clicking my fingers and suddenly having 3 extra assistants. Where is the money going to come from? The budget is already tight enough that HO/commissioners are paying certain salaries with their own salary.

The system we had before was fine. I had a grading deadline that seemed to work (three days after the PT closes) and on the fly grading just doesnt seem to be working out. If enough people want it, I'll keep it for the rest of the season, but if not, I'm going to revert to grading in one lump sum after PT#4.

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by jjaybs@Aug 15 2016, 07:51 PM

Hiring new assistants isn't as easy as just clicking my fingers and suddenly having 3 extra assistants. Where is the money going to come from? The budget is already tight enough that HO/commissioners are paying certain salaries with their own salary.
I get your point but the SHL doesn't have a real economy like hyperinflation isn't a thing and we can just give out more money uno 👀

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Daniel#BigGucciGang@Aug 15 2016, 11:55 PM

I get your point but the SHL doesn't have a real economy like hyperinflation isn't a thing and we can just give out more money uno 👀

I get that. Not my call to make though. I can ask for more assistants until I'm blue in the face but that doesn't mean they'll give them to me.

Also, I like the team I have now. I don't feel like I need more cooks in the kitchen, etc etc.

[Image: 57817_s.gif]

Tight budget with fake money.

#SHLLife

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jjaybs@Aug 15 2016, 04:51 PM
I work 50 hour weeks and am also in the middle of my masters thesis, but I'm glad to know that it's secretly laziness that has prevented on the fly grading from being a success.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like on the fly grading at all. It's not feasible with my current life, or Allegiant's which leaves akamai grading almost everything by herself. My plan was to see out the season with on the fly and then revert to normal grading next season.

[b]Hiring new assistants isn't as easy as just clicking my fingers and suddenly having 3 extra assistants. Where is the money going to come from? The budget is already tight enough that HO/commissioners are paying certain salaries with their own salary.

The system we had before was fine. I had a grading deadline that seemed to work (three days after the PT closes) and on the fly grading just doesnt seem to be working out. If enough people want it, I'll keep it for the rest of the season, but if not, I'm going to revert to grading in one lump sum after PT#4.[/b]

Yes you can Smile) open up applications and I guarantee you there are many people who would love to have this job. Also this is a sim league w/ fake money... budget shouldn't even be a problem Smile)

while we're on the topic of fake money can someone working in the bank just give me like 120 mill i dont want to ever have to work for it again

or would that not make sense because "fake money" is the foundation of the sim league therefore has to be kept in order in a way that somewhat resembles an economy? jeeeezus i did not think it was that hard of a concept

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Quote:Originally posted by Justice@Aug 15 2016, 05:26 PM
while we're on the topic of fake money can someone working in the bank just give me like 120 mill i dont want to ever have to work for it again

or would that not make sense because "fake money" is the foundation of the sim league therefore has to be kept in order in a way that somewhat resembles an economy? jeeeezus i did not think it was that hard of a concept
That's not the point.

If you are hired as an assistant to help grading, you should be paid accordingly. We have an endless supply of money and if you are going to put forth the effort to do work that is beneficial to the league you should be rewarded.

Quote:Originally posted by Justice@Aug 15 2016, 09:26 PM

While we are the topic of snarky ass comments, here's one.

You are ridiculous for even suggesting your first comment, going full hyperbole, as if anyone here was suggesting handing over a sum of money like that. You have no idea how the economy of the league has gone, since you'be been here what? Four months?

You used to get 10k per 1000 words and 50k for a PBP, inflation has happened, but you know what hasn't? You can only fucking spend it once a week.

P.S - Probably should see if Atlas is free for grading, he messaged the bank and they wouldn't give him his 120 million loan.

Quote:Originally posted by Justice@Aug 15 2016, 08:26 PM

learn to read fam, no ones saying give out free money, the point is as a job head you don't have "a budget" you can hire as many people as you see fit to do the job regardless of how much is paid out

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I can't believe the suggestion of hiring like three people at four million a piece is going to break the economy of the league. Legit LOL.

If anything was going to break the ecomony it was uncapped podcasts and it didn't.