Create Account

S31 Interested Prospects Thread

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_o2wxuwfc6y1udh5n8o1_500.gif]</div>

OH MY GOSH! Hello! I'm happy you found your way here. If you're reading this, well, you've decided to engage in the dungeons and dragons equivalent of Be A Pro for NHL and have made it past the god-awful CHL portion, so congratulations! That means you're ready to post more stuff for a "professional" team! Rolleyes Obviously, this particular interview is for the Riot Seattle Riot Riot, a team that couldn't choose a better logo than a flaming tampon on a background of the Space Needle, so let's get this thing going. Again, Goal congrats for finding this thread, you're special Goal.

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_o3uz85XMfL1udh5n8o1_r3_400.gif]</div>

Now, on to the feature film: the questions! It's the main reason you showed up, right? It's not really about the close-knit family atmosphere of the locker room (how could you know that? UNLESS YOU'RE A SPY :ph34r: ), or even the random, crazy nature of the folks within the team. You just want a job, and this team of nutjob folks that might be able to win something once in a blue moon (depending on whether they can fixate on a name, go :kings: ) seems like a reasonable option! NOTICE: you will spend a year down in that shitty CHL part of the game, but it's for your own good, like eating brussell sprouts or poking holes in your ex's condoms. It all has a purpose.

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_o4nmzyB89o1rp74xfo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4kk1kBMak1tnjtx4o5_540.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4nmzyB89o1rp74xfo4_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4kk1kBMak1tnjtx4o6_540.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4kk1kBMak1tnjtx4o4_540.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4nmzyB89o1rp74xfo10_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o4nmzyB89o1rp74xfo9_500.gif]
</div>

Oh, one more thing: credits! You have to know about guys like <a href='index.php?showuser=83' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Gifter of Bikes</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1107' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ADV</a>, and <a href='index.php?showuser=11' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>Abdeezy</a>, the three OGs (old goats, odd Germans, etc...) of the team. While 2 really have the GM tag, all 3 serve purpose, unlike the 3rd Olson sister or Jared Staal's career. We have a lot of other old folks too, like <a href='index.php?showuser=1353' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Mook</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1371' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>BruinsFanatic100</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1787' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>TML99</a>, and others that are still kicking. It's a good group of veteran minds with relatively solid players near their prime or so past their prime it's funny. It's not perfect, but riots aren't supposed to be. We have a good goalie, had a good defender on the rise before he became a mutant (that's my excuse for it until I cave and call him Multi-man, the worst superhero name ever) to compliment some old and new players, and a decent core of forwards that are surrounded by veteran presences. Finally, ON TO THE QUESTIONS!

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_o5jdj1p4Sj1rpby98o1_r1_500.gif]</div>

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot :-x

2. Are you willing to switch positions? Wink We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).

3. Do you think you're able to actually be drafted by us, given your own "totally not biased" opinion of your draft stock?

4. Tell me a story about you, your player, or anything really. GoB's a literary mind, and we have to have you on point. Please include links to your player page and updates, or tell us lazy asses to look in your signature.

5. JK, if you can't write, post a graphic. We're desperate here.

6. What experience do you have with the STHS sim? If you were pressed to label yourself an Amateur, Semi-pro, Pro, or Expert, which tier would you select?

7. Who would you take in the SHL Deadpool?

8. How do you plan on earning monies and TPE?

9. How active are you? I'm actually looking for a posts/day projection.

10. PM GoB and ADV your questions, some of which will inevitably include, "Why didn't you stop c from creating a Deadpool-themed Prospects Thread?"

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/de.../lovestruck.gif
I'm a hateful, wrathful person. But I can pretend to love, or at least be loyal.
2. Are you willing to switch positions? http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/...t/wink.png We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).
My secondary position (IIRC) is LW, so yes.
3. Do you think you're able to actually be drafted by us, given your own "totally not biased" opinion of your draft stock?
I think you'd be lucky to have the opportunity to get me with even your first pick without trading up.
4. Tell me a story about you, your player, or anything really. GoB's a literary mind, and we have to have you on point. Please include links to your player page and updates, or tell us lazy asses to look in your signature.
Examples of my writing ability,
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=1987169
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=70108
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=70289
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=70520
Examples of my graphics ability,
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=70527
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=70669
6. What experience do you have with the STHS sim? If you were pressed to label yourself an Amateur, Semi-pro, Pro, or Expert, which tier would you select?
Very little. I once designed my own shitty sim, though, so I like to think I have the capacity to learn this one quickly.
You.
I'm a giant TPE whore, and I can both write and do graphics for cash. I might also do podcasts regularly and intend to try one to see how it goes.
Thus far since arriving, I have posted at an average rate of 13.4 posts a day.
10. PM GoB and ADV your questions, some of which will inevitably include, "Why didn't you stop c from creating a Deadpool-themed Prospects Thread?"
Open question- explain, in great detail, why your big pointy tower is better than Toronto's big pointy tower.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot

I have all the love tbh and if you ever speak to me or just ask the rookies, you learn that about me real fast.

2. Are you willing to switch positions? We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).

I would be willing to switch wing (idk if I can though, I didn't list it as a secondary position), but I don't think my build is suitable for any other move. That'd be the only thing that would keep me back though, if at all possible, I'd do what my team needed me to do.

I personally think I'm going to fall pretty hard in the draft, so yeah, probably.

Player page and updates are in the sig.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but here's a link to my recent article where I just gush about the rookies for over 5,000 words. I'm not the greatest writer, but I'm willing to produce as much media as I need to in order to keep up with my training and stuff.

I'm awful at graphics. Please don't make me do graphics. I'm so bad at them.

Amateur (and by that I mean 0 before this), but I'll put in the work to climb those tiers.

Avakael took my answer <_<

Well. I have a lot of money right now, if you include the two media pieces I just dropped. I have a podcast (#shamelessplug for the brigade league podcast) that nets me enough money for SMJHL or SHL weekly training. I also keep up with all other TPE opportunities, so. Don't worry about that.

I'm on all the fucking time. I might not always post, but I'm always lurking and keeping up with news and alerts and DMs and such. If you need me to be active post-wise though, I can probably average like 10 a day?

pls draft me ily

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/...struck.gif

What's not to love about Seattle? I mean, yeah, Russell Wilson is a little out there with his Recovery Water and shit, but otherwise it seems like a fine place. And I'm a loving person.

2. Are you willing to switch positions? http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/...t/wink.png We look for players that are versatile and have proven to make those that switch produce (see: Mikko Koskinen, Tommy Creller, and Pavel Bursyuk playing defense despite being forwards).

Sure, why not? I have decent defense in my build, so it might *actually* work if we give it a shot. Just know my checking is shit b/c sniper. :(

I mean, MY opinion? I should still be around in, like, the fifth round, right? In seriousness, though, I was taken 25th overall in the SMJHL draft basically sight unseen, and other people keep insisting on pumping my tires and putting me in the second round of SHL mock drafts. So ... depending on your second rounder, maybe? Why do people like me?

Here is a player page. Here is an update thread. Here is a story: A winger from, of all places, North Carolina decides to take a risk on himself and throw himself in the SMJHL draft against the best young players in fake hockey. And then a strange thing happens - he plays really well. 28 points (16 goals and 12 assists) later, the happy accident finishes second in rookie goal-scoring, laughing his ass off and shrugging innocently the whole way. What, you thought I actually knew what i was doing? Good one!

Nah, I can't do that graphic posting stuff.

Absolute amateur. I hadn't even heard of STHS before joining this two days before the S30 SMJHL draft. Seriously, I am a happy accident.

Pietra Volkova (sorry, <a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-54'>shlpris41</a>, I have to keep the joke going at this point)

I have been recording a weekly podcast (The Podcast I Will Regret Making), so I'm in good shape financially and should remain so ... not to mention I try to dip my feet into the written media once or twice a week as well. As for TPE, I really haven't missed many opportunities to pick that up as its been presented to date, so I doubt that will change.

Posts/day, I really haven't done much so far. I'm sure that will increase as I gain familiarity with the league and the community, though. 5-10?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Upon an extensive review of my love resources, I am able to give the Riot the remaning 53.47% love that i have to give. The current 46.53% of love i'm already given is directed towards my puppy and late afternoon naps.

I mean, if i have to. I don't really care. DO WHAT YOU MUST.

YES IF YOU HAVE THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. BOOM. But in reality, theres a great chance im there around pick 15 when you pick.

My player strongly dislikes mustard. Also, lazy asses, look in my sig for links.

BUT I WROTE.

ZERO. Never touched the damn thing. We did walk by each other in a bar in Milwaukee once, but i never said hello.

Me, to guarantee victory.

The same way i've been doing it. Writing articles every week or two and doing ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO GET MORE TPE WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.

Sexually? Very. I have no idea how many posts a day i'd do, because most of my activity is in the rookie/STL LR discord. I'm in that thing most of the day.

This isn't a question though. So i don't know if you need an answer. Or perhaps this one is going by Jeopardy! Rules! In that case: What is I dont have any questions? But that in itself is a question, so i always have a question, yet i dont have any. WTF IS HAPPENING.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/de.../lovestruck.gif

I'm a love machine, you just -- gotta --- stop hitting me with the frying pan first -- while I'm trying to hug you, goddamn

I am a goalie. If I could switch to being a enforcer at the drop of the hat I would because #letgoaliesfight2k16, but alas. I am still just a goalie.

OK, so realtalk, you have a S20 guy that just hit regression. Your active dude from S28 is pretty serious at the highest TPE for his draft class as a goalie, but here's a few things: I am good as gravy staying down in the SMJHL for a bit. I love my special raiders retards, they warm my heart and all that shit. Number two -- I will dark horse the hell out of being a goalie draft pick for the right team -- I really respect community, I respect maturity, and I respect crazy. I work hard as hell. I'm just shy of 250 TPE despite being an undrafted FA and my team having no goalie workouts for their training camp. I love spicing up life here since we can't roll for initiative mods during games, and a lot of that comes in the form of gate-crashing people's media articles in productive fashions and making up shit about Peller here an coloring in her world with anyone and everyone willing. Just ask my teammates. Just ask my GM.

Look in my signature.

Georgette Pel grew up as part of a traveling circus caravan. She lived out of a damn Winnebago until her roommates, fellow rookies Volkova and Iversen, took pity on her and invited her into their home as their moderately crazy and always awkward third wheel. She is a sandwich purist. She has old-timey Catholic levels of hockey superstitions. Apart from enjoying the occasional episode of horrible reality television, she very seriously has a portrait of Manon Rhéaume that hangs above her bed that she kisses every night before she goes to bed and pays deep obeisance to on game days -- she finds la révérende mere has a particular appreciation for offerings of Quest Cookies and Cream protein bars and burpee sets to failure. She might be crazy weird, but she low-key has more game and more friends with bennies than over half the Halifax roster. She once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I can't graphic. I can sort of podcast though.

Very eager-to-learn amateur.

My evil twin, only identifiable by the sixth finger on her right hand.

By being obnoxiously awesome all over media. Articles, maybe a podcast or four, you know. As for TPE -- by whatever means necessary. If I can shank a bitch to steal their TPE, I am so up for it seriously just let me attem

I do much much better in a chat environment like Discord or Groupme than straight forums, but I think I average between 3 and 4 a day currently. I could up it if the LR only existed in post form.

That's pretty much the only thing that makes total sense to me, tbh.

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot? We can take a lot.
Plenty. I might be a bit tough sometimes but I listen every opinion and I want my team to win every game.

2. Are you willing to switch positions?
LD <-> RD is probably the only switching I'll be doing unless the management thinks that they need a solid defensive forward. I am mostly however a defenseman and I intend to do that as much as possible and that's what my build will be focused on.

Since I'm most likely going to be picked in the 3rd round at the earliest (probably later), the Seattle Riot will have lots of opportunities to draft me.

My name is Ryan Vas. I am a defenseman for the Montreal Militia and I am a presence in the locker room. I don't score many goals, get lots of assists or be very physical but I try to do it all and I try to be the best at what I do.

My journey with hockey started at the Rising Water hockey school, where I met several people that helped me along the way and that I helped along the way. From the age of 3 to 8, I played in the Rising Water hockey school and one of my best friends there, River Henry, had a tremendous effect on me. He looked up to me so much and that forced me to perform at a high level from the very start because I couldn't let him down. And then when our ways separated, I told him that I'd keep in touch (we have, Skype is great) and that I'd dedicate a goal here and there to him and vice versa.

And from there, I went around in various places before ending up in the Swiss hockey league at 16, before moving into the Finnish Elite League at age 17, from where I was then drafted into the SMJHL by the Montreal Militia.

My first year here has been good but I know that I could have done better in some areas. I am a dedicated player however and I will always strive to keep on keeping on and my main goal is to be a leader in my team and also a defenseman on the ice that you can trust and a player in the locker room you can look up to, just like River Henry used to look up to me when we were kids.

By drafting me in later rounds, you would ensure that your team would have a defenseman for the future who in 2-3 seasons could be ready to step into a top 4/6 role and make an impact.

[Image: qDcqynI.png]
Since I wrote all of that, here's an insight into my stock trading. Fascinating stuff, right?

I'm definitely a semi-amateur.

I don't know, I heard a couple of guys have cancer and that another group of guys like to do some coke. And with that being said, its kind of hard to say which one of those two is going to be deadly first but I'd have to say... Banana.

- Write articles and do podcasts for money.
- Training, PGS's, etc etc. I will never back down.

I'm looking to comment in the locker room at least once a day to summarize what I thought about the sim and what we can improve upon and what doesn't need to change. I'll also make weekly articles so no worries there either. I'd say its a good 3-4 posts a day, whether its comments, articles, activity checks, etc etc. I am all for being dedicated.

Did you guys know that c pours in the milk first AND THEN the cereal..............

LINKS
[Image: BnPF8j8.png] |[Image: bV07Cxf.png]| [Image: 4taYdqm.png] |[Image: 15wxco2.png]| [Image: rjdVkSI.png]

1. How much love is there for you to give to the Riot?
Can you feel the love?

Yes I am willing to switch positions, however the TPE I have put into faceoffs would be better respent somewhere else if a position change came to fruition.

I think so, I'm going to sound like a broken record here but I believe the draft projections system is broken. The draft standings seem to be based on points in a season rather than actual skillset. I know I am as skilled or more skilled than the guys projected in the top 10, they're SMJHL team is just structured a little more top heavy than Militia is. I hope our playoff success can translate into some proof for these words I'm typing. I believe I can be a permanent top end player for your team and I'd be eager to prove it if you guys made the pick.

Look at my signature fools Wink. I am about to tell you guys a shameless story about myself. I decided to DD my tenants to a bar to listen to a local band last winter in northern Canada. We arrived and part way through the night a girl starts giving me the eyes from across the room. She isn't very attractive but it's dark in there so I don't care. We dance a little, and something just feels off. She's completely hammered but she says shes a successful real estate mogul and a lawyer and continues to talk about her success. I follow the bad vibes and distance myself. One of my tenants misreads the situation and invites her to my home.
We get to my house and it becomes clear this girl is a headcase, her brand name clothes are all knock offs, shes eating all of the food in my fridge, and she kind of smells. So what do I do? I decide to sleep with her. Afterwards she opens her purse and shows me her 1 year sobriety coin whilst absolutely tanked, she breaks into tears and tells me that she thinks I'm different than the other guys and that I am the one. I panic text a group of friends trying to find a way to get this girl out of my house the nicest way possible. I feign that I have a girlfriend on the way and it appears to work until she locks herself in my bathroom and starts screaming. I text my friend Dave that I am terrified of this woman and then my phone dies.
Suddenly I hear my electric toothbrush whirring and I have had enough. I pick the door lock and tell her I'll drive her home or she can walk but shes not staying here. She slowly makes her way to my car and we spend the next 3 hours circling town to find her house...it is at this point that I realize I just banged a homeless woman, who slept with me for a roof over her head.
Meanwhile at the house, police show up: my phone died after an ambiguous text about my fear of this woman and my friend Dave called the police. My tenants answer the door and go to retrieve me from my room, when I am not there, they explain to the police that they brought an unstable woman home from the bar.
I do the only sensible thing I could think of and drop her off outside a local soup kitchen so we can get directions to her "house", and then speed off into the night while shes in there. I get home and the police question me and my sobriety, once it checks out..at about 4 am, I sit myself into the shower and try to scrub away my shame.
I worked at 8am the next day. I never saw this girl again.

Hows that for a story?!

I can't graphic.

I have been following each game, as far as the index goes, I am not quite familiar in the workings of the program though.

Me huehuehue. And if we're talking Deadpool here, I tried the pineapple and black olive pizza he orders at the start of he movie, it was actually solid.

I post articles to earn money and take part in all kinds of TPE earning threads. I will continue to do this ad infinitum.

I work in full-time car sales and I am planning a wedding, so I'll never be the guy who posts 10,000 in a year. If you look at my track record however, I have never missed a week of updates. I am always on the ball when it comes to TPE and my player will best reflect my activity.

one solid cubic metre, No more , no less.
Yes, Once i'm on a team i'm willing to do what it takes to win.
Yeah,my guess is that I will probably fall to 3rd round

I will go with the "lazy ass" option here.

When the mighty Tord Yvel was just a small child, not yet tainted by the cruelties of this world he was playing for his local hockey team.
And when you're young you switch around the positions until you find something that fits..
This fateful morning down at the rink The Tord was going to try out the goalie-life.
When the coach came up to give an encouraging speech which by now has been forgotten, But by the end of it the coach told the youngling
-"If you get tired and want to change or if you need something just wave"
With the nerves and stuff the mighty yet untrained Yvel had misheard to coach...
(In swedish a wave is "Vinka" and the Yvel had heard "blinka" which means Wink)
Halfway through the game it was clear to everyone that Yvel was meant for greater things than stopping pucks So the Yvel starts to Wink frenetically at the coach to get swapped, For 5 straight minutes he winked and winked to no avail(To the young boy iy had felt like an eternity). After that the young child did what young kids do when things isn't working out.. he got mad.. so mad that he started to cry and went over to the couch and yelled
"What the fudge? iv'e been winking forever and you just ignore me!?"
at first the coach was stunned and asked the Little crying TordYvel what he said, you see the coach thought he misheard, But sadly no, Yvel said that he's been winking for a long period of time under a goaliemask hoping to get substituted.
in retrospect Yvel should have known the Coach meant Wave, But in a young, feeble mind winking made sense...
And that's the story every girlfriend have been hearing from my family since that that day and i still get called "Wink" from time to time.. sadly enough a true story.

Amateur

Brynjar tusk, There can only be one true swede.

writing articles, doing the pt's, training and buying equipment.
posts i'm not sure but most day im on commenting and stuff.

Wow I love this :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by KleslaR@Aug 28 2016, 08:41 AM
[Image: qDcqynI.png]
"Let's keep this as simple as possible."
:-?

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Aug 28 2016, 10:19 AM
Wow I love this :lol:

You're already on the team :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Aug 28 2016, 06:27 PM

"Let's keep this as simple as possible."
:-?

[Image: sAwx07K.gif]

[Image: 61XRtZ08c6L.jpg]

This much.

2. Are you willing to switch positions?

If need be I could? I am building an Offensive D man, so I could always switch to a sniper I guess?

It's likely yes. I can see myself still there at 15!

Play Page
Player Update Page
Article Example #1
Article Example #2

My Paint skills are out of this world. I wouldn't want to embarrass the other Prospects with my elite level crop skils.

Amateur. Never used the program myself.

Out of the current Rookies? One of the Montreal Goalies.

Monies - Articles + Twitter

TPE - Any way I can, willing to sell my body.

2-3 Posts per day Id say minimum.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

There's an okay amount, the logo's pretty sick.

Sure, if the team needs me to switch, I'll switch.

Hopefully. In my own opinion, I'm a pretty highly totted late 1st Rounder/early 2nd Rounder with the best skating stats of the entire S31 Draft Class.

I once was rock climbing and broke a few toes. Finished rock climbing and went home. Took me a few days to realize I broke my toes. It was gnarly.

Check my sig for player page & update thread.

pls no. I'll write a mic'd up article for you instead.

Examples:
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=70756
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtopic=70555
http://originalshl.com/index.php?showtop...&hl=kaiser

Nada, took me 30+ games to adjust my attributes so I could start producing.

Niklas Flower. He's a goofball and a pushable guy.

Mic'd up articles galore. If you want to read them, I can send them to you.

Pretty good rn, but plan to regress slightly once university starts.

PLAYER | UPDATE
[Image: BBr47PN.png]

[Image: m9F8nRF.png]