Create Account

S31 Dragons Interested Prospect Thread

1. How interested are you in joining the Dragons? Scale of 1-10.
Maybe around a 7, I haven't really looked into any of the teams in the SHL at all. I wanna be surprised on draft day.

2. What do you know or like about the current Dragons team?
Well they seem like a very good team, considering I've been seeing a banner of them at the top of the website all season. You've got a sick logo and jersey.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)
I'm just starting school, but that might honestly improve my activity because I'll be procrastinating more. Regardless, I'm planning on continuing to do PTs and training every week.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).
I am currently 20.

5. What do you do for fun besides SHL?
I spent a lot of time playing hockey, gaming, watching netflix, and golfing.

6. What is your favorite NHL team and player?
Favourite NHL team is the Canucks because I'm from Vancouver and love torturing myself with heartbreak. Favourite player is Stamkos, but Ovie's a close second.

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience, but when they come up they'll have a great chance to win right away and contribute. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2 seasons, possibly even 3 in the SMJHL?
I love the Knights, so I wouldn't have too much of a problem continuing to play for them.

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?
Yep, I changed my strength from scoring to passing mid way through this season cause the Knights GMs needed someone to be a passer.

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here please so we can take a look, in case we missed it...
Here's a link to the press conference I did earlier this season. My Presser

I'm currently doing a highlight reel of my player's goals this season and just published part 1.
S30 Highlight Reel Pt. 1

10. Are you any good at GFX? Did you do any Play by Plays this season?
I am not good at GFX. I completed five play by plays this year.

11. How active are you in your current locker room? 1-10
About a 5, maybe. Our locker room is fairly dead right now. I use our discord channel a lot though and I'd put my activity on that at a 10.

12. What has been your favorite thing about the league so far?
Definitely the rookie community.

13. If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?
I think I'd have to save Selena cause her music is my guilty pleasure. Also if I let Kate drown I'd never have to see her in another Game of War commercial.

14. Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) http://us22.chatzy.com/elements/smileys/...tongue.png
I love chicken parm :lol:

Player Page --- Update Page
[Image: twils.gif]
Picture credit to Allen, Jenny, enigmatic, Wasty, ckroyal92, 701, and EJ

300+ Career Goals, 750+ Career Points
5th All-Time Goals Scored for WKP,
8th All-Time Goals Scored for SEA/TBB
3rd All-Time in Playoff Points
17th All-Time in Goals

6 Consecutive 50+ Point Seasons, 7 Total
Quote:"idc if ur naked if ur holding that cup" -Jenny

1. 10
2. s29 Champs
3. I expect to remain high activity.
4. Early 20s
5. Games, music, movies, sports, reading random stuff on wikipedia.
6. Carolina Hurricanes, no favorite player, very fond of Justin Faulk, Jeff Skinner, Brandon Sutter and the Staals
7. I love my team in Halifax, and I'd enjoy all the time possible to spend with them.
8. I seek advice on my build all the time. I'm new to the sim, and need imput from seasoned players.
9. Nah, none of my media is "good".
10. Nah, I would do some pbp's -- I really enjoyed doing pgs's.
11. 10... Talk to them everyday.
12. I like the feeling of being apart of a team. It's been years since I've been on an actual sports team, but I genuinely feel apart of my minor's team.
13. I would save both, don't underestimate me. I like Selena more though, if that's what you're getting at.
14. Love it. But, I think I prefer Chicken Parm sandwich, rather than chicken parm over noodles.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Probably around a 7.

See, I don't know a ton about the SHL as I know about the SMJHL. The SMJHL is like this little bubble and I think SHL as a site makes it difficult to break out of that bubble and learn and the SHL teams when you're so focused on trying your best as a rookie in the junior leagues.

I'm still in the process of learning more about teams, so unfortunately I don't know a lot about the current Dragons team. I honestly thing the most I can tell you is that I've been staring at the top banner for months now about the S29 Challenge Cup. I do look forward to learning more about team, though.

3. Do you see yourself always having time for the SHL, is there anything that could negatively effect your activity level over the next year or so? (New Job, School program, travel, etc)

I'm a full-time student and I have two internships so I basically live and breathe school at the moment. I try my best to update every week and try to put out new media content, but it gets difficult when I'm in class most of the day and then meetings and covering media events for my internship at night.

4. What Age group are you in, Under 20? Over 20? Over 30? (No worries if you don't want to reveal this).

I am exactly 20!

I'm an on-air radio DJ and producer and I play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons.

I love a lot of teams (mostly the Hurricanes, Sharks and Stars) but Jeff Skinner is my favorite player.

7. Dragons are a pretty deep team right now, our prospects must have patience, but when they come up they'll have a great chance to win right away and contribute. If drafted, would you have any problem playing another 2 seasons, possibly even 3 in the SMJHL?

I absolutely love being on the Raiders and we most recently won the Four Star Cup together, so I definitely would not mind being in the SMJHL for another few seasons.

8. Are you open to advice on your build and doing whatever is best for the team?

Yes! I am often stuck on how to further build my player and often turn to the Raiders' group chat in order to update.

9. Have you written any good media? Link one here please so we can take a look, in case we missed it...

I helped create and run Brigade League Podcast, which I do with Pris and Nebs. I do student radio so I'm trained in audio performance, production and editing. You can find the first two episodes here, and the third episode is here.

I'm the actual literal worst at both of them. I've found that I'm best at either written or audio-based media.

I'm a full-time student with two internships so in the summer I was like a 10, and now I'm around a 4 or 5. It's hard when I'm in class all day every day to try to check to site, but the Raiders and Lil Brigade and the S30 rookies all have Discord chats that are a lot easier to respond to and be apart of via mobile app. The SHL site is really difficult on mobile, so I find being on the LR chat as a Discord chat is so much easier than trying to check the site on my (rather limited) down time.

The people that I've met and being a part of the Raiders locker room. The response from our podcast listeners has also been great.

13. If Kate Upton and Selena Gomez were drowning and you could only save one, who would it be and why?

Well first of all I'm a godawful swimmer so both of them plus myself would probably drown first before I even got to save them. <s>Also I have no idea who Kate Upton is.</s>

14. Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) Tongue

Fortunately you're in luck because chicken parm is the bomb.com.

It is a definitive 7/10. I really like the roster and the people but at the same time the roster is really stacked and it would be hard to crack. Fun to crack but hard. I do know that you guys have a few years under your belt already so there will definitely be bigger roles available at some point that I am interested in.

Randleman. I also know that you guys got slapped out of the playoffs 4-1 by Edmonton.

Work could have an effect on that but it would be minimal. I can always squeeze in an hour or two for this site every day. It's fun for me.

Play too many video games and watch too many movies/tv shows.

Favorite team: Chicago Blackhawks
Favorite player: Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Corey Crawford and Evgeni Malkin.

I intend to play 2-3 more seasons in the SMJHL. I want to be as ready as possible and that's going to take some time. I want to stack up on as much TPE as possible before I come in. Ideally I'll have 400-500 TPE coming in.

There are certain stats I focus on but I always listen to suggestions. I want my team to succeed.

A 1600 word story I recently wrote.

Latest written media.

I made my own sig stuff and as you can see, they are the award winning. I did one play by play (Game 5. You guys may have lost it) and it was a learning experience.

9/10. I try to comment after every sim to make sure our guys stay motivated and that we have good spirits going on.

The people. And seeing myself progress as a player.

My father is an amazing man. He taught me everything I know and he was the person who got me excited about hockey. I will always remember the day when he came to me and said "Son, you're going to Rising Water Hockey School." At that point I knew that I was set for life. Some of the best hockey players in history have played at the Rising Water Hockey School and I was going to be one of them.

Of course no journey comes without its trials and tribulations and that's just something everyone has to accept. At first I was struggling at Rising Water but then my father pulled me aside during the second intermission of my 4th game there and he said "Son, what the fuck? You're dragging balls out there. This isn't how you play. You gotta go there and be the man. Get it at the net and hold the line. No assing around, son." And that was it. I scored 2 goals and got 3 assists that night. It was incredible.

As the years went by, I realized that one day I was going to have to play somewhere else. And so I went to the Austrian league. And I dominated. And then I went to the Finnish Elite League and dominated there as well, ending my time in Europe by winning the playoffs and getting the Finnish Elite League title. It was an incredible experience that will stay with me forever.

But there's one thing that my father always used to say and it is something that I will never forget. He said "Son, there will come a time when your dick wants to be inside two women at the same time. But if one of those women is Selena Gomez, you're a fucking idiot, son. Have some standards." And so with all of that being said, I would have no choice but to save Kate Upton and leave Selena Gomez to die while she's stuck in the water listening to K-Billy Supersounds Of The 70s. Man I love that radio station.

Anyways, I hope this story has taught you as much as it has taught me over the years. I would not be here if it wasn't for my father teaching me all of this and I am forever grateful to him for the things he has done for me. It is no easy task to bed Kate Upton night after night but I know I can do it.

While I am a man of many things, I am not a fucking idiot. I know that sometime I make mistakes but I know that I am not a dweeb. While everyone here hears this story differently, it is important to understand one thing above all others: There will come a time when the slave becomes the master and the spoon becomes the fork. It is just common sense.

14. Do you like Chicken Parm? (Answering No here immediately removes you from our draft list) emo&Tongue
I kind of like it but at the same time, I'm like "Yeah but listen, how about I make us some ratatouille?"