Create Account

University People

Of the three you're looking at Western blows them out academically by a landslide. I have a buddy there who's in Student Government and he says the parties are slightly less wild than Laurier but it's still a Canadian Ivy League school.

If you were aiming high for Ontario schools, Queens or Schulich (which is a sub section of York but is the top rated business school in Ontario, not sure where it ranks nationally) would be good places to go.

I'd also tell you McMaster is only know for Sciences and the name isn't really helpful in fields outside of that.

But if you're looking just to party, 100% Laurier out of these options.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Sep 12 2016, 06:28 AM
Of the three you're looking at Western blows them out academically by a landslide. I have a buddy there who's in Student Government and he says the parties are slightly less wild than Laurier but it's still a Canadian Ivy League school.

If you were aiming high for Ontario schools, Queens or Schulich (which is a sub section of York but is the top rated business school in Ontario, not sure where it ranks nationally) would be good places to go.

I'd also tell you McMaster is only know for Sciences and the name isn't really helpful in fields outside of that.

But if you're looking just to party, 100% Laurier out of these options.

This is the single most coherent thing you've ever said, and I don't know anything about Canadian universities.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Sep 12 2016, 08:31 AM

This is the single most coherent thing you've ever said, and I don't know anything about Canadian universities.

I'll accept your veiled insult as a compliment.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

If you want to do commerce in Ottawa, don't go to UO. Carleton has been said, by students, to be a lot better. I know people that have switched from one school to the other.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Elyk@Sep 11 2016, 07:01 PM

Carleton U > Ottawa U  Ninja

I have no idea what their business or commerce courses are like though
Elyk knows!! Meet me at the quad Wink

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Sep 12 2016, 08:34 AM
If you want to do commerce in Ottawa, don't go to UO. Carleton has been said, by students, to be a lot better. I know people that have switched from one school to the other.

Yes, however Carleton still has a horrible name in Canada. I'd recommend avoiding the Ottawa schools until they sort their collective shit.

Unrelated note, my school's having a candlelight vigil for Harambe, so that's always a good way to tell I go to a shit tier University. :lol:

Come to the University of Houston if you a got a fucking problem with me. <a href='index.php?showuser=803' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Merica</a> says there's a guy named Michael c going there for Engineering but he lies, yay chemistry.

I live in Kingston, ON and can tell you anyone and everyone who have went to queens loves it. My fiancee works at Queen and is a Alum, and she is obsessed with the damn place lol. Go to Queens.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 12 2016, 06:40 AM
Come to the University of Houston if you a got a fucking problem with me. <a href='index.php?showuser=803' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Merica</a> says there's a guy named Michael c going there for Engineering but he lies, yay chemistry.

Pfft UH is mid-tier bio and chem at best, get on my level o:-)

Quote:Originally posted by Rabidsponge21@Sep 12 2016, 08:57 AM
I live in Kingston, ON and can tell you anyone and everyone who have went to queens loves it. My fiancee works at Queen and is a Alum, and she is obsessed with the damn place lol. Go to Queens.

Kingston is pretty dry unless you're in Uni, but RMC + Queen's people get pretty fucking crazy.

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Sep 12 2016, 06:57 AM

Pfft UH is mid-tier bio and chem at best, get on my level&nbsp; o:-)

OI!

Our chem is pretty solid, given our dean is leaving to start his own department in Scotland. IDK about bio RIP.

At least our mascot is a live thing and not a fucking train #BoilDown <<< #HTownTakeover

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 12 2016, 09:08 AM

OI!

Our chem is pretty solid, given our dean is leaving to start his own department in Scotland. IDK about bio RIP.

At least our mascot is a live thing and not a fucking train #BoilDown <<< #HTownTakeover

None of those are valid points.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Sep 12 2016, 07:08 AM

OI!

[Image: purdue-pete.jpg]

^^ living thing

The Boilermaker Special is fucking legendary; it's just our sports that aren't right now.

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Sep 12 2016, 07:13 AM

None of those are valid points.

#whoosh

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Sep 12 2016, 07:13 AM

[Image: purdue-pete.jpg]

^^ living thing

The Boilermaker Special is fucking legendary; it's just our sports that aren't right now.

I would love to see a Purdue-UH football game or basketball game tbh.