Create Account

S31 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects Thread

<div align="center">[Image: XPCRmw8.png]</div>

<div align="center">Welcome everyone to the S31 Vancouver Whalers interested prospects thread!

Vancouver is one of the most storied franchises in the SMJHL and we strive to be a contender each and every season. While we may have fallen short of our goal last season, the foundation has been set for the Whalers to come back as one of the most dominant teams in the league.

Admittedly, our team is kinda stacked. We have a dozen active players but we are always looking to add depth and prepare for the future. Several of our players will be playing in their last junior seasons so there will be quite a few top 6 and top 4 spots opening up as early as next season. We are in an amazing position to push for a cup as it is and adding depth can only improve our chances.

There's a lot to learn in Vancouver as well. We are fortunate to have a huge alumni and veteran presence in our locker room and a few of them are even SHL GMs. There's always someone around to help you out or even just strike up a conversation.

If you want to be a part of a fabled, knowledgeable and successful franchise, fill out the form below! Whalers </div>

Quote:
[b]Player Name:

Link to player page:

What type of player are you trying to build?

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted?

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for?

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors?

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others?

What are your goals for your first season?

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself?
[/b]

Player Name:
Cory Knouse

Link to player page:
Player page

Two-way forward with top-6 potential. Tanner Pearson-type.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?
Fairly low so far, but I'm hoping to be more active once I'm drafted & have a team.

Yes.

Definitely.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?
Have spoken to JR95 a few times.

1, maybe 2

I have a passion for the game & love nothing more than competing.

Top-6 forward by season's end & potential playoff run.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself?
Nothing atm, but I'll be sure to ask if anything comes to mind.

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Player Name: Taro "Instant Karma" Tsujimoto

Link to player page: See Signature

A smallish defense first forward with speed and hockey sense, if Simon T will let that work.

Current is about a 9, but I have to throttle that back to make it here long term. I'm aiming for about a 6 on average. I want to log in enough to progress and hang out, but if I live my life here, I'll burn out. I'm twice as old as the average SHLer and have the real life responsibilities that go with that. In addition, when things get very childish in the SHL it turns me off. I'm seeing the SHL from a better perspective now and believe that I'm a low risk pick in the SMJHL and may even make it to the SHL if I can keep that perspective.

I'd especially be active if the LR is on Discord. It's more conversational and makes for a better experience imo.

You seem to have a fair number of forwards graduating and I saw your team as a good opportunity for me by S32.

Now that you ask the question, I see that I've had more interaction with the players on your squad than any other except the Halifax Raiders, who picked me up for the playoffs.
I generally like then all and one in particular is "hysterical" Smile

I'd like to play in the minors until I've turned the corner past 400 TPE at the very least. Then I can decide what to do after that. I see the period between 350 TPE and 500 TPE as the critical time period for me. Once I'm moving toward 500 TPE, I think I should move to the SHL, unless I plan on playing an entire 5 season career in the SMJHL. There are options. I just need to keep the lines of communication open.

I certainly wouldn't put myself at the top of the list. It's more up to you to try to determine what value I have.

To be with a lighthearted group that wants to have fun. I'd rather avoid being too close to the SHL attack dogs and Thunderdome terrorists. Everything else is secondary and will take care of itself.

Do you have a team Discord?

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

Player Name: Seppo Repo

Link to player page: yes

What type of player are you trying to build? Enforcer

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? i wouldn't. i let others evaluate my activity

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted?i'm already in the LR

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for?again?

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? one or two i think

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? none

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? because i'm gm and my player is automatically drafted to my team.

What are your goals for your first season? scoring them

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? will you miss not having me in toronto?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Player Name: HERBERT CUKURS

Link to player page: In my signature!

Center, Playmaker

My current activity level is 10. It could change when I get a job, but even then it would probably be around 8.

Of course, that in my mind is one of the most important places where to have fun and keep the interest into the game.

I can't say yes or no. Im open to any option so if you decide to draft me then I will gladly play for your and be happy about it.

Im not sure, but I don't think that I know anyone. OH I know JR95, he is my mentor.

I might play 2-3 seasons but i believe I will be capped out in less than 2.

Because of my activity, PTE amount and showed determination to be the best.

To prove myself on the field and play for the team. Also I expect to reach my sect goals to some of the attributes.

What are the positions you need the most at the moment?

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

Player Name:
Max Weber

Link to player page:
Player Page
Linking my update thread as well because I've progressed since yesterday.

A Two-Way Defenseman that excels at generating takeaways, blocking shots, and moving the puck up the ice and in the cycle game.

8 or so. I work at a computer all day IRL so I'm able to be quite active. This so far has nicely filled downtime.

Of course.

Absolutely, given the management and the image. I do want to have at least some playing time, though.

JR helped me get started. InciteHysteria convinced me to go for Germany.

2 would likely be ideal BUT it will really depend on how fast I progress and the roster situation. That's a question that will sort of answer itself as time goes on.

Committment, a team-first attitude, and a skillset that meshes nicely with a variety of playstyles and linemates.

Play consistent minutes while developing as much as possible. Win games, win trophies.

Do you see the function of the team at this level as developing players or accumulating talent?

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Player Name: Luke Atmey

Link to player page: Don't know where it is

What type of player are you trying to build? Sniper

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 1 and Yes

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? No

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Sure

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Probably

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 1

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I wouldn't

What are your goals for your first season? Score Goals

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? Not Really.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Player Name: Oliver Lake

Link to player page: Awful long time to find that

What type of player are you trying to build?: Team first two way guy.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8, nothing really. Just finals.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yes very.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? YES 100% BABE

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? I was a DFA with you guys this season so I got to know some of you.

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2 or 3 likely.

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? If I was a GM I would have to because of the draft rules and what not. If I didn't I would probably get punished or something.

What are your goals for your first season? To be active and help lead my team to glory.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? Will you give me coke and cookies when I join you?

Player Name: Noctis Caelum

Link to player page: My player

What type of player are you trying to build? A top pairing TWD

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 10 and not really

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? duh

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Of course

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? King/ Dooley when he was active. JHS. 701 back in the day

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2 with the influx of new players and how I will probably not spend a ton of money on equipment

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I wouldn't with players like Maxy and Schultzy on the board but I would definitely draft my player as a known quantity

What are your goals for your first season? To not suck!

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? Nope, just happy that it is a lot more active in the GM department over Mike Schmidt who was the GM during my first player

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Player Name: Derrick Glover

Link to player page: Player Page

What type of player are you trying to build? Two-way forward.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8, and I doubt it, but I'm in university so maybe exams.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yep.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Yes, a love the name and team colors.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Not that I know of, unless someone from SBA is a Whaler.

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2 probably.

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I'm active in the locker room, do every point task, and will write articles.

What are your goals for your first season? 20 points maybe? Depends on my ice-time. And obviously a championship.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? Nope.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

Player Name:
Noah Buchesner

Better goalie than Maxi

what is a locker room, discord user

yah, rlly badly

yes, i'm going to take his job

1, that's all i need to be the very best

because i'm a buchesner

most wins by a goalie

do you like me better than wehner? thanks

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Player Name:Kyle Kylrad

Link to player page:link

What type of player are you trying to build? Center Sniper

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?1 overdose on flans

no
no
i gmed the whalers
i wouldnt
100 points 2 cups
no

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Player Name: Sepp Reiter

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=71663

What type of player are you trying to build? Sniper

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? I'm an 8 right now but as soon as I hit GOLD in League i'll be a 1, luckily that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? If <a href='index.php?showuser=704' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Kylrad</a> is there, yes.

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Sure

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? I had plenty of interactions with Whalers back in S11 when we won the cup.

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? Career SMJHLer right here.

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I wouldn't draft myself ahead of anyone else since i'd be autoed to my team in the 2nd.

What are your goals for your first season? Takeover Vancouver from the inside and return to my rightful place as GM.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? Nope

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Player Name: Jace Smith

Link to player page: Not yet.

What type of player are you trying to build? A good player.

11. I work, alot.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Not yours.

Nope. Not at all.

Nope.
I wouldn't because I can't be drafted.

For it to be in the SHL.

No questions.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

Player Name: Josh Merica

Link to player page: what's that

What type of player are you trying to build? The best

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? Yah called life cuz some of us work

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Not being drafted so no

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Nope

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Nope

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? None

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? Because I'm me and I'm the best

What are your goals for your first season? Slay pussy cuz I'm not playing

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask RaiN or myself? I'm just here for TPE

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.