Create Account

PT #3: On the Shoulders of Giants

Growing up, my parents took me to an Admirals :admirals: game nearly every weekend. When we first started going, I was too young to have any idea of what was going on, but as I got older I started getting familiarized with the team. I started picking up on who was who, and which players I enjoyed watching the most. These past couple years I've focused in on centerman Kein Monesti.

This guy is the inspiration for me picking up the sport. Even though he's on the tail end of his career, his devotion to the league and his team is a huge influence on how I want to carry out my career. As a playmaker, his primary role on his line is to distribute the puck and start the play, which is something I strive to do every game. I have a pass-first mentality, which came from watching Monesti play so much growing up. He often plays on the wing for the Admirals, and when he does he captures my attention every time. As he nears his end in the league and I look to make the jump into it, I hope that I can fill similar skates to Monesti as I begin my career in Calgary Dragons

word count: 207

Code:
word count 298
Eduard Selich's hockey idol is a german Hall of Fame player. The Mainz native David Winter.

David Winter's hometown isn't that far away from Selich's about only 100 miles away from his own home Winter was someone Selich always looked up to. Winter entered the league in season 7 as a Minnesota Chief and stayed in Minnesota for 5 seasons. He average 46 points per season there and won his only Challenge Cup in season 10. He then tested Free Agency and went to the Steelhawks for 1 year and to the Rage for 2 years never being able to break the 50 points mark again like he did in Minnesota for 3 seasons. After this very short career stints he went back to Hamilton and stayed there for 6 seasons being a good player but not scoring as much as he was used to from his Minnesota times. After these 6 seasons he went to Seattle for 5 years hoping to win a Cup in his twilight years. Sadly this was not successful so he returned to his first SHL home in Minnesota and was finally able to score above 50 points again in his last SHL season after being already 20 seasons in the league.

Winter's style was always copied by Eduard because Winter was also a Winger and focused on scoring more than on passing. Later on Winter switched to Center something that Eduard also wants to do as soon as he is excellent in the other areas of his game.

Playing 1009 games, scoring 879 points, 394 goals , 485 assists and playing for 20 seasons is something Selich wants to accomplish in his own career.

Eduard's dream is to even surpass his own hero and become one of the best players the SHL has ever seen.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Willie Weber

Many people might not see the resemblance in their game, but there have been some strides made by Kasparek in that regard to take his physical awareness to the next level. Weber was recently released so some may not remember the greatness shown by the veteran defenseman who played for five different organizations which include Winnipeg, Edmonton, New England, Toronto and Manhattan. Willie Weber was a defenseman that could do it all, score goals and physically abuse his opponents.They both have similar tools in terms of size, but Kasparek seems to be getting a hang of scoring in the SHL way quicker than Weber. Kornel and Willie may not have nearly as close the statlines as some other players, but he most definitely has the potential to be half as good as Weber who was a household name in Canada. Many people doubt Kasparek's capabilities but Kornel has used Weber as a role model to mould his game around. Weber has played over a THOUSAND games in the SHL and ran through 21 seasons, putting up 188 goals and 638 points. Mind boggling numbers but all of which are in reach for Kornel who has proved himself as a generational talent given success at every level. Kasparek always wanted to be as exciting as Weber on the ice, but even he has his own unique electrifying skill set that the veteran never had.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

The player that I look up to the most in the SHL would have to be Texas Renegades forward Willy Mack. Me and my boy Mack go way back. We were both drafted to the Scarecrows in the S30 SMJHL entry draft. I could not have been any happier going to the same team as Mack. Sadly my lil baby boy Mack has been missing these past couple of months. It has been an huge emotional drain for the Scarecrows. God I miss him, he was so fast and he had a real dirty shot, he was complete ass on d tho. I will never forget his beautiful smile. He made everyone in the locker room so happy. I probably would not be here if it was not for my boy. Early on in our careers I would measure myself to Mack to see how I was doing. I would try to keep up with him, he shit now tho and I have blown by his garbage ass. That early competition with Willy lit a fire under my ass and gave me the drive to make myself a better player. Thanks lil Willy.

Mack you are my hero, please come home bb.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

Pietra Volkova idolizes many of her Russian predecessors, emulating her game after many of them in an attempt to make a name for herself. Volkova's admiration for countrywoman Maria Maximova, however, is based on both on-ice performance and leadership qualities. Though her Platoon teammate plays the blueline rather than Volkova's preferred wing, Volkova finds similarities in their play through their scoring/passing preferences (difference of 10 in both builds) and proficiency in skating and puck handling (90/93 vs 73/75).

More than anything, however, Volkova respects her teammate for forging the path that allowed both her and fellow comrade Ekaterina Rudnikova to make names for themselves as female Russian hockey players in their own right. Maximova served as captain for Team Russia for five seasons, including Volkova's first season on major international ice before both were promoted to managerial positions within the federation. Though Volkova's first showing as a member of Team Russia was not stellar, Maximova's leadership encouraged her to keep striving for greatness and helped reassure her for future international tournaments. Volkova aspires to have the leadership traits of her friend and former captain, and would like to follow in her footsteps someday by captaining her nation.

Code:
Word count: 200

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

When I first joined the Detroit Falcons, I admittedly didn’t have a great understanding of the SHL’s history or background. I didn’t have a “favorite” SHL player growing up. I certainly didn’t expect that I would start idolizing one of my teammates, and model my game after his. But that’s exactly what happened.

From the first day I saw fellow winger Hans Moleman on the ice, I was mesmerized by his ability. He was a team-first guy with a scoring knack who lit the lamp 22 times last season. He was a playmaker who could play on both ends of the ice, tallying 57 hits, 10 blocked shots, and a plus/minus of +15. He was cold as ice under pressure, scoring eight game-winning goals.

At the time, my player was much more raw and green, still developing at the juniors level. And while I have not come close to matching Moleman’s accomplishments from his historic 61-point run in S30, I have tried to model my game after him. While he was a playmaker, and I am a sniper, I have brought a more well-rounded approach to my game after seeing his success last season. I have improved as a passer, increased the physical element of my game, and defended better having watched him last season.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Bojo Biscuit has been the model defenseman that Ty Justice has idolized for many years, and their similarities are greatly comparable. Bojo has spent his career thus far with the West Kendall Platoon, which is where Ty Justice happened to be drafted in S30 with their 3rd overall pick. Due to being on the same team, I am sure there we will eventually start seeing Justice really coming into his own and developing down the same road as Bojo.

A way that Bojo and Justice are greatly similar is the strength that they both bring to the team. They are two defenseman who without a doubt make West Kendall a tough team to play against, as game after game they come to the rink and consistently beat down on the opposition. Bojo and Justice have also been known to be solid puck movers. While Justice has not been the best puck handler, he utilizes his strong one touch pass often while Bojo has been the one who can make moves and plays on his own. Despite being a strong imposing force on the D core, Bojo has not engaged in many fights which is what separates him from Justice. Justice has been known to engage more in fights, even having a fight (and losing) in his SHL debut.

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Ben Waters would like to tell you he's his own hero. Rising through the ranks of juniors, from forgotten to one of the top goaltenders selected. But, unfortunately for Waters' ego, he does have a hero, a well-known Jakub Aittokallio. While he doesn't necessarily "like" his son, he modeled his game after Aittokallio Sr. The former Edmonton Blizzard goaltender, Finnish legend liked to adopt the butterfly style, and often sprawled to the ground to control rebounds, and had incredibly fast hands as well as strong reaction time.

Waters, the young steelhawks prospect and Firebirds starting goaltender, has the exact same strengths, bypassing style control to use his reactions and overall hand speed to good use. Aittokallio is well known for dominating the SHL in his prime, and Waters wants to achieve the same as he currently grows into a more prominent role inside the steelhawks organization. He is already one of the best goaltenders in the SMJHL, and who knows, should he continue, maybe he will break all the records that Aitto Sr. has set. Waters still has a long way to go though, and he'll be the first to tell you that he's no Aittokallio.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Coming into the league, Kristofer Hallfredsson didn’t know much about the players in the SHL, but if there’s one guy that he noticed the fastest, it was Portland Admirals defender Mattias Holmberg. Why? Well, he just has Kristofer’s most important qualities as a player - grit, hard work, and defense.

Mattias is just a great role model when it comes to defensive positioning and getting your body in front of pucks. Currently with 68 blocked shots Mattias leads the SHL in that category. On the other side, Kristofer with 29 is just 1 shy of getting into the top 10 for blocked shots in the SMJHL. And while Mattias can surely score more and be a much better player defensively at this moment, Kris is still a raw prospect who needs time to improve. It’s just his second season in the big hockey. But now, when he has the option to study Holmberg’s play and tendencies, Kris knows the guidelines which he has to follow if he wants to become at least as good as Mattias is now. Only time will tell, but there’s one thing that’s for sure - Kristofer is going to be the next great defenseman in the SHL.