Create Account

S32 Vancouver Whalers Interested Prospects

<div align="center">[Image: iKmBOZC.jpg]

The season 32 SMJHL entry draft is almost upon us and <a href='index.php?showuser=2182' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JR95</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1730' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-52'>Durden</a> and I would like to get to know this years rookie class a little better.

Vancouver has been "all in" the last few seasons and quite a few of our veteran players have got the call to join their respective SHL teams. If you plan on being active around the site then there should be ample opportunity for any position or player type.

Do you want to join one of the most storied franchises in SMJHL history? Would you like to help return this franchise to former glory and bring back the Four Star Cup to its rightful home? Do you have what it takes to win? If you answered yes to all three of these then fill out the form at the bottom and let us know!</div>

Quote:
Player Name:

Link to player page:

What type of player are you trying to build?

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted?

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for?

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors?

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others?

What are your goals for your first season?

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95&nbsp; or myself?

Player Name: Harper Wright

Link to player page: its in your roster already

What type of player are you trying to build? TWC Bergeron esque

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8, will go down for finals week then way back up for month long winter break

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Guess

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Yes

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Not sure

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2 likely

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? Because i've done it before and so i'll do it again

What are your goals for your first season? Drive the other rookies in the draft class to be more active. I know i'm going to be successful and having won 4 star cups and been an all star I'd like to it again, but I like to change my goals up and challenging myself to act for the good of the site is something id really like to try.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? Just want to say i'm glad you brought Durdles on. He's the only one of the big 3 in my first draft class that never got a shot at GM'ing, and I think his time is well past due.

[Image: zNTg4Ew.png]
thanks @suavemente !

Player Name:
Veli Kaalinpaa

Link to player page:
In my sig

Solid DFD

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity?
8-9, should stay about the same

Yessum

Not my top destination, but I'd be happy pretty much anywhere

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site?
I'm actually not too familiar with the current team and don't remember who's VAN alumni.

Depends on where I'm drafted to in the SHL. There are a couple teams likely to call me up immediately, while others wouldn't have room on the roster right away.

My last player was one of the most successful in league history, I know more about sim mechanics than a good majority of the members on the site, and I'm unlikely to piss in anyone's gatorade.

Win a second Four Star Cup in his first full season in the SMJHL Wink

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself?
What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Player Name: Thaddeus Prince

Link to player page: In sig

A HELLA hybrid goalie. Looking to stop pucks and drive trucks you know?

7-8. Unless something happens in my career I should be fine. The reason I'm back now is because of the stability in my life.

Hella.

If you want me, of course.

I know plenty of former Whalers. Though I might have to be introduced to a lot of the current roster.

That's all dependent on whatever team I go to in the SHL, and how quickly they need me. But I'll stay in the SMJHL as long as I can.

My attitude and commitment to my team, really. I've developed a likable reputation around the league, and I think that's a vital type of person to have in a locker room.

Just build myself up and be the best player possible. And if I can help my team win a championship, that's the goal every year.

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself?

Not until you call my name on draft day. If you need a goalie, you know where to look.

Player Name:
Zinaida Titova

Link to player page:
In the sig!

Two Way Forward

My current level is 6/7. Right now I'm in the middle of finals and getting ready for my last semester of college. I may or may not be on as often depending on school work but I always respond to PMs and tags.

YAS

I'm new here so I am really excited to just play wherever!

Other than a potential PTO contract, not that I know of!

Honestly, however long it takes to get Zina up. I'm unsure for how long, it depends on the SHL draft and who would have space.

I would draft Zina above others because she is being built to not get lose the puck, to be a true TWF. I also like learning and talking to people.

Create the best player I can and bring home some hardware.

What are your current goals beyond bringing back the Cup for the Whalers?

[Image: galatix2.gif]
by @NUCK @QuantumCowboy @engimatic @GLU @FlappyGiraffe @karey

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] l [Image: HuqtOb2.png]

Player Name:Sami Sirius

Link to player page:
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=73614

Faceoff winning two way forwarf

Ya

Never been here so sure

Yes

3 maybe

Always make a good junior player

Win a cup

Taco vs Grilled cheese who would win?

Player Name:
Viktor Vorkampfer
Link to player page:
Sig
The best center in the game, offensively and defensively
10, i go back to school in like a month but i dont think that will effect anything as i have a shit ton of freetime in school
yea very
sure
Yeah i know a few. I GM'd the whalers once upon a time too
Because i have experience and am a great LR presence (ask any of my former gms ;Wink)
Roty
Nope, thanks

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Player Name: Lochlann O'Rourke

Link to player page: In Signature

What type of player are you trying to build? Scorer and then two way.

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 10. Nope, I work from home so the site is open all day

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? See above. I love posting in LR's about random BS

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Of course

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? I think s. I'd have to double check who is on the team

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 3?

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? Highest TPE right now I think? Very active member in the SBA so I can't go far.

What are your goals for your first season? Help out and have a fun year :lol:

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? Nope. Don't know you guys very much.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Nov 29 2016, 05:49 PM

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

Quote:Originally posted by galatix+Nov 29 2016, 06:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (galatix @ Nov 29 2016, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
What are your current goals beyond bringing back the Cup for the Whalers?[/b]

We would really like to add some active members to the LR and keep the guys we already have happy and updating. The end goal is to win the Cup obviously, but with so many of our top producers moving on to the SHL it may not be realistic for next season. We want this period where we aren't Cup favorites or in the top few teams to be as short as possible.

<!--QuoteBegin-JPL@Nov 29 2016, 06:44 PM

Taco vs Grilled cheese who would win?
[/quote]

Taco...not even close.

Player Name: Otto Lahti

Link to player page: In sig

What type of player are you trying to build? TWD

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8ish (I work and go to school, so activity may fluctuate depending on my current workload)

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yuppers

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Yeet

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? I know many Whalers

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? Not sure

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? Dashing good looks

What are your goals for your first season? Hit hard, play lots, win

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? Do you know who I AM?

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Blues@Nov 30 2016, 07:21 PM

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95&nbsp; or myself? Do you know who I AM?

I sure as hell do know who Griffin Simon is bb

Player Name: Fletcher Carric

Link to player page: in my sig

What type of player are you trying to build? Possesion based player...I want to be extremely hard to knock off the puck

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8-9

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? that's is my jam

I will play for whoever drafts me

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? I know a bunch of whalers who are not on the team anymore

2-4

My experience as a GM. I am the longest tenured gm of the Prince George Firebirds as I ran the team for 9 seasons

What are your goals for your first season? win the cup

what are you looking for when it comes to drafting players

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Player Name: Smirnov Light JR

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=72884

What type of player are you trying to build? Playmaking center

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 8, and winter break could interfere slightly, but I'll get the training in no doubt.

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? Yes

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? Eh... Not one of my top choices.

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? Yes

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? I could see 2 to 3 years until I get the call-up.

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? I already have 185 TPE so if I bust I'm not just at 155 lol.

What are your goals for your first season? Positive +/-

No

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Player Name: Teemu Sirius

Link to player page: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...73377&st=0

What type of player are you trying to build? elite goal scorer

From 1 to 10, what would you say your current activity level is? Is there anything that might happen in the near future (personal or professional) that would change your activity? 10 no

Do you plan on being active in the Locker Room once drafted? yes

Is Vancouver a team you want to play for? yes

Have you had any interactions with or do you know any other Whalers on the site? i know a few

How many seasons do you see yourself playing in the minors? 2-5

If you were a GM, why would you draft yourself above others? absolutely i would. a veteran member with a history of high level activity who's building an elite goal scorer and has the cash to make it happen. what's not to love?

What are your goals for your first season? ice time and goals

With new management comes new opportunities. Are there any questions you’d like to ask JR95 or myself? good luck this season Whalers

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia